Lone Wolf Chamber Support [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Chamber Support

truckmsl
12-25-2010, 18:19
My recently purchased Lone Wolf barrel has less chamber support at the feed ramp than my stock gen 3 glock 35 barrel. After voicing my concern, I was told by LW that this was the new design. Doesn't this defeat much of the reason to go to an aftermarket barrel?

I haven't heard anyone else mention this, and am wondering if I may have ended up with an incorrectly made barrel. Any thoughts?

JR
12-26-2010, 16:47
To an untrained eye the support MAY seem less however you failed to notice the chamber diameter is a full .002 larger in the OEM barrel. The LWD barrel will have a longer ramp because it offers more chamber support.

truckmsl
12-27-2010, 19:52
Thanks for the reply JR. I understand the Lone Wolf chamber is tighter. What I was referring to is with a round in the chamber, the new Lone Wolf barrel leaves more of the brass exposed to the feed ramp, hence, more unsupported.

My older Lone Wolf barrel for my glock 23 does not exhibit this, as the feed ramp does not cut into the chamber nearly as much as the new one does.

JR
12-27-2010, 20:03
The older barrels had an issue with large hollow points sticking in the roof of the chamber and needed more of the chamber opened to accommodate them. You still have all the support needed