How much will you pay for DW CBOB 2011 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How much will you pay for DW CBOB 2011

zippo
12-27-2010, 00:36
Hi...

I would like to ask how much are U willing to pay for NEW DAN WESSON CBOB 2011 model. YES is 2011 model only for CA resident.
I
my local dealer have one in stock and he asking price$1725 +tax(.0975%)+35:wow:

total=1928.15 OTD.

I did not ask about any discoust or lower price that he can give, I just SHOCK about that price tag that he post.

it is way to much for this gun. what do U think will be fair price for this gun ?
and for the same price range $1700-1900 which will be your choice .:cool: I thinking about Les Baer Coustom carry or P II is better deal :embarassed:

thank
zippo

MD357
12-27-2010, 00:44
Yeah for that much I'm looking for a used Wilson, Brown, or new Baer.

Cerebrus
12-27-2010, 05:28
I am thinking $1,200 for a Cbob would be about as much as I would pay.. $1,900 otd, and I am looking at a new Baer..

thecableguy
12-27-2010, 05:34
i am thinking $1,200 for a cbob would be about as much as i would pay.. $1,900 otd, and i am looking at a new baer..

^^^^this^^^^

Hokie1911
12-27-2010, 06:14
We were discussing this a few weeks ago. I was under the impression that the CBOB was no longer in production per the 2011 DW catalog, unless they failed to list it as an "only CA model". The VBOB and .45 Guardian were listed however.

In regards to your question, be sure to ask if you at least get kissed first and bring your favorite lubricant. The CBOB was a tremendous value at it's '09 price around $1k. The '10 price of $1,200+...no so much because you are sneaking into VBOB price at $1,400. Above that, you are in Baer territory...which is a much nicer gun. Close to $2k, you are in Brown territory, as a Kobra Carry will run $2,100.

knedrgr
12-27-2010, 07:03
Tell him if he just went in the back and took a hit of crack before he gave you that pricing...

Hokie1911
12-27-2010, 07:19
http://cz-usa.com/assets/files/CZ-USA_2011_Product_Catalog.pdf

knedrgr
12-27-2010, 07:39
it must be a "custom" CBOB. For that price, you can have a VBOB Stainless.

awpk03s
12-27-2010, 07:46
That much money for a CBOB is just stupid.

nolt
12-27-2010, 07:52
you could almost buy a baer commanche and have the damn thing bobbed for that much money

EdMac87
12-27-2010, 07:57
WAYYYY too much money!

I wanted a CBOB for a couple of years and finally got one in early '09. After having it for a while I just wasn't in love with it and sold it without ever feeling a bit of regret.

For the money you say this guy wants there are lots of nicer guns.

Hokie1911
12-27-2010, 08:15

Wade's custom VBOB wasn't even that much.

TKR Reptiles
12-27-2010, 08:18
$5.00 is what I'd pay for one... :animlol:

knedrgr
12-27-2010, 08:21
Wade's custom VBOB wasn't even that much.

:rofl:

This new 2011 CBOB, they made it custom and swapped out the forged frame for a casted one. :rofl:

Wade-19
12-27-2010, 09:35

Not in CA. They only get the CBOB .

knedrgr
12-27-2010, 09:40
Not in CA. They only get the CBOB .

another reason why I won't move to CA.

zippo
12-27-2010, 12:02
yes ...I think is too much for CBOB also.

next years may be looking for Les Bare better.

BlayGlock
12-27-2010, 12:08
I'd pay abou' tree fiddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cn7xfBpZ3M

sns3guppy
12-27-2010, 12:56
Dan Wesson firearms were the secret deal when they could be had for nine hundred bucks. I bought a new Heritage early this year, for nine fifty. It's tight, accurate, reliable, and well fit. I bought a CCO this year, and it's the same, though I haven't had time to break it in, and it did have some teething problems when I first took it to the range.

For the money being asked presently, I don't think it's worth looking to their firearms. I like Dan Wesson products, just not at that price. Go get a nice Kobra Carry, or something along those lines, instead.

Sarge43
12-27-2010, 14:48
Something wrong here, as the 2011's aren't even out yet as far as I know. You can get a 2010 CBOB on Bud's, Gunbroker etc for around $1,200, so I don't know why the dealer would have it marked outrageously high like that. The CBOB being on the CA list does put it at a premium it seems. It's too bad.
Sarge

HAIL CAESAR
12-28-2010, 17:44
I'd pay 1,200 plus tax....but not a penny more.

I'd ask your dealer if he is hitting any of that medical Mary Jane out in Commyfornica.

Quack
12-28-2010, 17:55
just got a copy of the CZ catalog today. think i found my next non-1911 :supergrin:

just need to swap out the Novak for a 10-8 rear sight

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/johnson_n/75satarget.jpg

Hokie1911
12-28-2010, 18:05
just got a copy of the CZ catalog today. think i found my next non-1911 :supergrin:

Damn, that makes a Glock look good. Jeez. :ack:

thecableguy
12-28-2010, 18:09

I am interested in this one.
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/suEEDDYZRrZHfYHHSjJy0AZP5A9OK7y5vCd0sTQTGSZnKOZAagjkbhEuQfkqc5AJGC2g-aFYrGYVdacRdo0uIAE_19igID8cwhq0E8Wa962HiAXWlFqHAydtNyDAgF-f3C8FjJlaErrilVmfmhm6bpCVMGFCjA
How are the CZs'? reliability and all that good stuff.

glock2740
12-28-2010, 18:21
Damn, that makes a Glock look good. Jeez. :ack:
C'mon man. Look at that trigger and tell me you don't think it's a beauty. :rofl:

Quack
12-28-2010, 18:21
C'mon man. Look at that trigger and tell me you don't think it's a beauty. :rofl:

SHut it!!! you know you'd sing a different tune if it was Hard Chromed

Hokie1911
12-28-2010, 18:22

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

HAIL CAESAR
12-28-2010, 18:38
CZ's are excellent firearms.

Drestin Black
12-28-2010, 18:48
Dan Wesson firearms were the secret deal when they could be had for nine hundred bucks.

I got my 10mm cbob for a little under 800. and my .45 cbob for 800. I no longer have either, no regrets selling them.

Hokie1911
12-28-2010, 18:51
I got my 10mm cbob for a little under 800. and my .45 cbob for 800. I no longer have either, no regrets selling them.

Care to elaborate?

Drestin Black
12-28-2010, 19:16
They cut corners by overcutting the grip safety tangs and trigger channel. The grip safeties were loose and a new grip safety would not fix it. The triggers were slid right in with no stoning, etc. I could see a small spot on the bottom where it was touching and it was not touching at all on the bottom.

I replaced the trigger, had to flatten it some to make it where it could be fitted properly. I was told by keith that changing the trigger would void the whole warranty, which most do not void the whole warranty only if it causes a problem. I really didn't care that much, I would not send it back, it was just the though. Not to mention their warranty was 4 years, but only if you reported the problem within the first year.

I had problems with the .45. I took it out of the box and the first time I racked the slide it locked up and I like to never got it loose. I finally did and broke it down and stoned everything, it was the guide rod causing it to stick. That was happening regularly back then.

The pistols were for the most part fitted well, I could not figure out why they cut corners on the grip safety frame channel and trigger channel. Keith has stated it was for faster assembly.

Either way I would not consider what they are asking now.

Before anyone says "but there are others with loose grip safeties" and I say that you can put an ed brown in them and they are tight.

I'm also not going to argue with the kotex cheerleader club, good for you if you like wesson. We all can spend our money how we like.

Hokie1911
12-28-2010, 19:26
Was just wondering as I haven't heard much negativity on CBOBs and have heard nothing but good things about Keith and DWs CS.

Quack
12-28-2010, 19:28
Was just wondering as I haven't heard much negativity on CBOBs and have heard nothing but good things about Keith and DWs CS.

you didn't hear about the galling issue that seemed to be occuring?

glock2740
12-28-2010, 19:31
SHut it!!! you know you'd sing a different tune if it was Hard Chromed
:whistling: You gotta point.

:rofl:

Hokie1911
12-28-2010, 19:32
you didn't hear about the galling issue that seemed to be occuring?

Honestly, no. When was that?

Drestin Black
12-28-2010, 19:33
During that time there were a bunch of them locking up on the range, 1911forum had a number of people post these problems. Severns kept/keeps them deleted or closed, it might hurt his sales. I left when a long time guy named DHart got banned for talking about cbob problems. People were not happy and kept calling severns on it, he deleted the threads and threatened to ban anyone asking about him.

They've actually had a few problems they had to work through. They had problems with 10mm slide locking back with rounds still in the mag and they went to greider's and stopped it. They had some black hammers breaking. They had some barrel bushings breaking. They worked through all of that though, they made everyone ship them back on their own dime though.

Hokie1911
12-28-2010, 19:38
How long ago was that happening? I stopped going to that forum basically for that reason. Anyone complains about something and the thread was locked or deleted. Lame.

Quack
12-28-2010, 19:42
there was also the issue with the black hammers cracking too.

Drestin Black
12-28-2010, 19:44
Here's a post on the grip safety severns shut down quick:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=198327&highlight=problems

Hokie1911
12-28-2010, 20:03
Here's a post on the grip safety severns shut down quick:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=198327&highlight=problems

Yep, that's why I don't hang out there. A little too much COTEP Kool-Aid.

HAIL CAESAR
12-28-2010, 20:21
The grip safety was a "looser" fit.
So was the trigger channel.

IT WAS A $820 DEALER COST GUN!!! Jesus!! I love it when people compare any 800 dollar gun with a guns costing over 2 grand. The loose trigger channels and GS did in no way effect function, they just pissed off the couch "gun players". The guns that cost over the 800 bill mark make up the difference in price by better fitment of parts. Some of that fitment is in areas that in NO WAY affect the actual function of the gun. It is just cosmetic. Find a old 20's or 30's Colt....I bet you can feel the GS wiggle but the gun will run like a champ.
Seems more and more we are forcing criteria down the neck of manufacturers that have little to do with the actual working of the gun, but with the cosmetics to please "couch fondlers".
(This is not a DW only defense. It applies to SA,Colt, and others. 1911's are moving away from a fighting gun and into the realm of Barbie Dolls and Status Symbols.)

The seizing issue is again correct. It was caused by the same moronic couch "gun finger fondlers". They demand uber tight slide to frame fitment, because they are to stupid and unacknowledged that they demand things that are not necessary. And even something that is actually bad. Yes, this is something I am adamant about! I cannot count the multiple dozens of times I have seen someone that doesn't know the very first thing about a 1911...pick one up.....check the F/S fit.....and if they can tell ANY movement at all they will pronounce the gun J-U-N-K.

The hammers were breaking in 2008. The hammer was thin in one area. No debating that.
You are also right about DS shutting down threads. I don't like it either for the most part.

As for the DW (and a lot of other gun companies) not paying return shipping; There are A LOT of morons out there that try to return there 1911's because the grip screw came loose, the sight screw came loose, they whittled on them with a Dremel and now want to return them, or one guy actually said he had over 2k rounds through a 10mm and now it wasn't feeding right and wanted the factory to email him a shipping label.(Ahhh... stupid!! Change your recoil spring.):upeyes:

One guy recently posted that ""I know a lot about 1911's, but I was having a heck of a time putting it back together. The "doohickey" sticking up from the frame prevented the slide from going on. I had to beat it down with a screw driver and a hammer. Now my gun won't work. The factory refused to issue me a shipping label and I am pissed.""

Yes the above was an actual post (not word for word). And I never did find out what the "doohickey was, although I guess it was the disconnector. Point is: A LOT of buyers are fools and companies would either go broke pandering to those people. Or they would have to drastically raise their prices to everyone to cover the few shallow gene pool buyers. I for one do not want to subsidize the stupid and lazy amongst us. Then again, I do not vote for Democrats either.:rofl:

I have not personally seen a 2010 CBOB...supposedly they are better than the 2009's and prior. If they are not then they are not worth the monies demanded.

And sorry if that seems worded tough, but I type the way I talk. Somehow it doesn't come off as bad in person or on the phone.:wavey:

Drestin Black
12-28-2010, 20:36
he grip safety was a "looser" fit.
So was the trigger channel.

IT WAS A $820 DEALER COST GUN!!! Jesus!! I love it when people compare any 800 dollar gun with a guns costing over 2 grand. The loose trigger channels and GS did in no way effect function, they just pissed off the couch "gun players". The guns that cost over the 800 bill mark make up the difference in price by better fitment of parts. Some of that fitment is in areas that in NO WAY affect the actual function of the gun. It is just cosmetic. Find a old 20's or 30's Colt....I bet you can feel the GS wiggle but the gun will run like a champ.
Seems more and more we are forcing criteria down the neck of manufacturers that have little to do with the actual working of the gun, but with the cosmetics to please "couch fondlers".
(This is not a DW only defense. It applies to SA,Colt, and others. 1911's are moving away from a fighting gun and into the realm of Barbie Dolls and Status Symbols.)

The seizing issue is again correct. It was caused by the same moronic couch "gun finger fockers". They demand uber tight slide to frame fitment, because they are to stupid and unacknowledged that they demand things that are not necessary. And even something that is actually bad. Yes, this is something I am adamant about! I cannot count the multiple dozens of times I have seen someone that doesn't know the very first thing about a 1911...pick one up.....check the F/S fit.....and if they can tell ANY movement at all they will pronounce the gun J-U-N-K.

The hammers were breaking in 2008. The hammer was thin in one area. No debating that.
You are also right about DS shutting down threads. I don't like it either for the most part.

As for the DW (and a lot of other gun companies) not paying return shipping; There are A LOT of morons out there that try to return there 1911's because the grip screw came loose, the sight screw came loose, they whittled on them with a Dremel and now want to return them, or one guy actually said he had over 2k rounds through a 10mm and now it wasn't feeding right and wanted the factory to email him a shipping label.(Ahhh... stupid!! Change your recoil spring.)

One guy recently posted that ""I know a lot about 1911's, but I was having a heck of a time putting it back together. The "doohickey" sticking up from the frame prevented the slide from going on. I had to beat it down with a screw driver and a hammer. Now my gun won't work. The factory refused to issue me a shipping label and I am pissed.""

Yes the above was an actual post (not word for word). And I never did find out what the "doohickey was, although I guess it was the disconnector. Point is: A LOT of buyers are fools and companies would either go broke pandering to those people. Or they would have to drastically raise their prices to everyone to cover the few shallow gene pool buyers. I for one do not want to subsidize the stupid and lazy amongst us. Then again, I do not vote for Democrats either.

I have not personally seen a 2010 CBOB...supposedly they are better than the 2009's and prior. If they are not then they are not worth the monies demanded.

And sorry if that seems worded tough, but I type the way I talk. Somehow it doesn't come off as bad in person or on the phone.

You don't know me you whiney little turd. I have been working on 1911's for MANY years and I don't need some kool aid drinking pom pom girl to call me a "couch fondler". Judging by your whining posts all over the internet I would say you are just a crying little school girl.

Don't be such an apologist, NOBODY made Wesson have their jamming problems except wesson, nobody. It's ignorant to even try and claim otherwise.

The return scenario you are talking about has NOTHING to do with the slide and frame jamming up, the hammer or bushing breaking, etc. Get real, put the kool aid down.

I stated my opinion, thise were both problems that could not be fixed with new parts. So you like sloppy grip safeties and triggers, not everyone has your low standards.

It's obvious you are not mature enough to handle an adult conversation, why do you antagonize yourself by reading it? My opinion is my opinion and I realize that. You seem to think yours is the be all end all, but you are just a whiney little Bi#$%. You are just one bitter little girl, maybe you should get out of your parents house and get a life.

And sorry if that seems worded tough, but I type the way I talk. Somehow it doesn't come off as bad in person or on the phone.

You are a jackass if you think a smiley face will negate the name calling. Where are you at? I would love to see you in person and you can call me a "couch fondler" to my face......if you have the nuts.

HAIL CAESAR
12-28-2010, 20:40
I did not call you ANYTHING!! Nor did I have that 9 or you) in mind when I posted that. I meant the shallow gene pooler's in general as we have all seen those type of posts.

Sorry if you took it personally. I wish we could talk about it face to face.

HAIL CAESAR
12-28-2010, 20:45
And I forgot to mention the fact some people will only deem a 1911 worthy if they have to use a 12 inch pipe wrench to take off the barrel bushing...and it must have french borders.:rofl:

Drestin Black
12-28-2010, 20:51
I did not call you ANYTHING!! Nor did I have that 9 or you) in mind when I posted that. I meant the shallow gene pooler's in general as we have all seen those type of posts.

Sorry if you took it personally. I wish we could talk about it face to face.

You are full of it. I brought up about the overcut trigger channel and grip safety channel. You said:

The loose trigger channels and GS did in no way effect function, they just pissed off the couch "gun players".

Who the F#$% else would it be?????

I put you on ignore, adios chavita.

HAIL CAESAR
12-28-2010, 20:53
And in response to the parts you edited in,, I have talked to Keith at DW and a few other 1911 makers. Their responce is the same. That sooo many people are buying 1911's now with no knowledge at all, so the only thing they check is frame to slide fitment. If it ain't super tight they pronounce the gun J-U-N-K. They all blamed gun rag writers and the errornet.

I wasn't making excuses for DW, SA, nor Colt. But what do you want from a gun that costs $900? A working gun with good parts?? Or a cosmetically pretty gun with cheap as you can get parts, and hopefully it work??

Drestin Black
12-28-2010, 20:56
I hope you are not talking to me, I cannot see your posts any more.

HAIL CAESAR
12-28-2010, 20:58
You are full of it. I brought up about the overcut trigger channel and grip safety channel. You said:

Who the F#$% else would it be?????

Hummmm....after rereading it.....your right.

But, you have to believe me I did not have that or you in mind when I wrote it.

But in a fighting gun, what does a little waggle in the GS have to do with the function of the gun itself?
Agreed, if I buy a $2k plus gun I start being much more critical of cosmetic issues, but that is why I am paying that much money over a plain jane fighting gun.

Issues as GS waggle, uneven stamping of lettering, and other things are not critical on a $800 fighting gun, nor should they be expected at the price level.

HAIL CAESAR
12-28-2010, 21:00
Hummmm....after rereading it.....your right.

But, you have to believe me I did not have that or you in mind when I wrote it.

I forgot to post....if you did take it personally...you have my apologies.

bobtail1911
12-28-2010, 21:51
You don't know me you whiney little turd. I have been working on 1911's for MANY years and I don't need some kool aid drinking pom pom girl to call me a "couch fondler". Judging by your whining posts all over the internet I would say you are just a crying little school girl.

Don't be such an apologist, NOBODY made Wesson have their jamming problems except wesson, nobody. It's ignorant to even try and claim otherwise.

The return scenario you are talking about has NOTHING to do with the slide and frame jamming up, the hammer or bushing breaking, etc. Get real, put the kool aid down.

I stated my opinion, thise were both problems that could not be fixed with new parts. So you like sloppy grip safeties and triggers, not everyone has your low standards.

It's obvious you are not mature enough to handle an adult conversation, why do you antagonize yourself by reading it? My opinion is my opinion and I realize that. You seem to think yours is the be all end all, but you are just a whiney little Bi#$%. You are just one bitter little girl, maybe you should get out of your parents house and get a life.

You are a jackass if you think a smiley face will negate the name calling. Where are you at? I would love to see you in person and you can call me a "couch fondler" to my face......if you have the nuts.

Oh man :holysheep:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DRAGON1970
12-28-2010, 21:54
I hope you are not talking to me, I cannot see your posts any more.

By my count Caesar has apologized twice. He was man enough to do so. Why don't you get off your high horse, man up and let it go. You are the one who looks like a spoiled B@#$H by continuing your tantrum. Be a man and accept it.