Does anyone here sell reloaded ammo? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here sell reloaded ammo?

Praetorian27
12-27-2010, 10:39
I have been shooting reloads that I purchase for some time now. I was wondering if anyone here sells target loads that they reload?

Thanks!

Ben

MakeMineA10mm
12-28-2010, 00:27
Hi Ben,
To answer your question, there are a LOT of rules, paperwork, licensing, etc., etc., blah, blah, to go through to sell ammo. (Even just the components to load your own ammo these days...) We do have one forum member who happens to own his own ammo company, but he's so busy with that, he rarely gets a chance to join us anymore. His ammo is not low-end practice ammo. Quite the opposite. It's about the highest-end 10mm ammo (and other calibers) you can get. Google "Double-Tap ammo" and you'll find him.

That said, this kind of question really belongs in the "want to buy" advertising section of GlockTalk. Anything having to do with commerce (selling, buying, trading) goes down there. This forum is specifically to talk about / share information on reloading the 10mm, other than commerce-type items... I feel the line is drawn at someone pointing out where we can find a deal, but they have no financial interest in the sale/business, such as "so-and-so has 10mm XTPs on sale." (That's OK, just barely.) And you're question, while quite benign, is just on the other side of that, admittedly fine, line. (No biggie, I see you're relatively new, and few people actually read those pesky terms of service. :whistling: :supergrin: )

xdmikey
12-28-2010, 05:41
10mm is a great reason to learn to reload. i know i couldn't be shooting most of what i shoot, when i shoot, if i wasn't loading my own.

just a little something to think about.

Praetorian27
12-28-2010, 07:02
Hi Ben,
To answer your question, there are a LOT of rules, paperwork, licensing, etc., etc., blah, blah, to go through to sell ammo. (Even just the components to load your own ammo these days...) We do have one forum member who happens to own his own ammo company, but he's so busy with that, he rarely gets a chance to join us anymore. His ammo is not low-end practice ammo. Quite the opposite. It's about the highest-end 10mm ammo (and other calibers) you can get. Google "Double-Tap ammo" and you'll find him.

That said, this kind of question really belongs in the "want to buy" advertising section of GlockTalk. Anything having to do with commerce (selling, buying, trading) goes down there. This forum is specifically to talk about / share information on reloading the 10mm, other than commerce-type items... I feel the line is drawn at someone pointing out where we can find a deal, but they have no financial interest in the sale/business, such as "so-and-so has 10mm XTPs on sale." (That's OK, just barely.) And you're question, while quite benign, is just on the other side of that, admittedly fine, line. (No biggie, I see you're relatively new, and few people actually read those pesky terms of service. :whistling: :supergrin: )

Thanks for the info! Sorry about the post...certainly didn't mean to overstep!

Praetorian27
12-28-2010, 07:03
10mm is a great reason to learn to reload. i know i couldn't be shooting most of what i shoot, when i shoot, if i wasn't loading my own.

just a little something to think about.

I'm starting to lean that way. Problem is, the big cost of getting up and running. I know after that it makes complete sense. What press would you recommend to a first time reloader? Progressive or single stage?

jaytee 10mm
12-28-2010, 16:17
I'm starting to lean that way. Problem is, the big cost of getting up and running. I know after that it makes complete sense. What press would you recommend to a first time reloader? Progressive or single stage?
spend the bucks get a quality progressive.....single stage is fine if your time is worth nothing....but sooner or later you will go progressive....if you shoot any volume progressive is the way to go...i started on a single stage but went with a dillion xl650 (i drank the blue kool aid) and am glad I did

Hogpauls
12-28-2010, 16:23
While shooting reloads are quite a bit less expensive than manufactured ammo, shooting someone elses reloads can be a dicey proposition. You don't really know how well their quality control is or what kind of distractions they have while charging the cases. A kb can be catastrophic if not deadly. Also selling reloads without proper licenses is a major NO NO and can land a person in a big pile of Doo Doo. The price of a quality single stage like the Rock Chucker and accessories would be cheaper than replacing most firearms or a trip to the ER.

A good place to start would be this-----> RCBS RC supreme master reloading kit (http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Reloading/Presses-Dies%7C/pc/104792580/c/104761080/sc/104516280/RCBS-RC-Supreme-Master-Reloading-Kit/728426.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-reloading-presses-dies%2F_%2FN-1100195%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104516280)and learn to do all the processes well before going to a progressive (others may disagree, but my .02). There is also an excellent book called The ABCs of Reloading that is a must read for those thinking of reloading. Be sure to check Glock Talk Reloading Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26) there are a few stickies at the top of page with very useful info.

Praetorian27
12-28-2010, 19:30
While shooting reloads are quite a bit less expensive than manufactured ammo, shooting someone elses reloads can be a dicey proposition. You don't really know how well their quality control is or what kind of distractions they have while charging the cases. A kb can be catastrophic if not deadly. Also selling reloads without proper licenses is a major NO NO and can land a person in a big pile of Doo Doo. The price of a quality single stage like the Rock Chucker and accessories would be cheaper than replacing most firearms or a trip to the ER.

A good place to start would be this-----> RCBS RC supreme master reloading kit (http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Reloading/Presses-Dies%7C/pc/104792580/c/104761080/sc/104516280/RCBS-RC-Supreme-Master-Reloading-Kit/728426.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-reloading-presses-dies%2F_%2FN-1100195%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104516280)and learn to do all the processes well before going to a progressive (others may disagree, but my .02). There is also an excellent book called The ABCs of Reloading that is a must read for those thinking of reloading. Be sure to check Glock Talk Reloading Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26) there are a few stickies at the top of page with very useful info.

Thanks for the advice Hogpauls! I will definitely get that book...and you bring up good points about other peoples reloads. I have been shooting reloaded ammo from Georgia Arms and it has been fabulous...I guess not everyone can reload as well as they do!

Ben