The ten commandments for those over forty years old [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The ten commandments for those over forty years old

atmarcella
12-27-2010, 18:56
1. Focus on enjoying people, not on indulging in or accumulating material things.

2. Plan to spend whatever you have saved. You deserve to enjoy it and the few healthy years you
have left. Travel if you can afford it. Don't leave anything for your children or loved ones to quarrel about. By leaving anything, you may even cause more trouble when you are gone.

3. Live in the here and now, not in the yesterdays and tomorrows. It is only today that you can handle.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may not even happen.

4. Enjoy your grandchildren (if you are blessed with any) but don't be their full time baby sitter. You have no moral obligation to take care of them. Don't have any guilt about refusing to baby sit anyone's kids, including your own grandkids. Your parental obligation is to your children. After you have raised them into responsible adults, your duties of child-rearing and babysitting are finished. Let your children raise their own offspring.

5. Accept physical weakness, sickness and other physical pains. It is a part of the aging process.
Enjoy whatever your health can allow.

6. Enjoy what you are and what you have right now. Stop working hard for what you do not have.
If you do not have them, it's probably too late.

7. Just enjoy your life with your spouse, children, grandchildren and friends. People, who truly love you, love you for yourself, not for what you have. Anyone who loves you for what you have will just give you misery.

8. Forgive and accept forgiveness. Forgive yourself and others. Enjoy peace of mind and peace of soul.

9. Befriend death. It's a natural part of the life cycle. Don't be afraid of it. Death is the beginning of a new and better life. So, prepare yourself not for death but for a new life with the Almighty.

10. Be at peace with your Creator. For... He is all you have after you leave this life.

:cool:

atmarcella
12-27-2010, 19:03
about happiness,

The thing about playing a game is that the happiness that a player derives does not lie with his or her achievements, but instead in the pursuit. We as humans are engineered to seek greatness, and along this search we realize that we become better than we were – more ideal versions of ourselves. And as this betterment unfolds, we become aware, naturally, that there is always something to look forward to and to work towards.

from somewhere i read while browsing

Allegra
12-27-2010, 23:41
ano ba pakiramdam ng midlife crisis?

atmarcella
12-28-2010, 03:42
yun ang mga bumibili ng sports car bro para feeling young sila hehe.

wingz
12-28-2010, 17:20
Nice Sir Art. :cool:. At 40 andyan na ung mga ECG, FBS , executive check ups. I'll print this up and post it in our office.

PMMA97
12-28-2010, 19:12
yun ang mga bumibili ng sports car bro para feeling young sila hehe.

Pag young kasi wala pang sariling pambili :supergrin:

Allegra
12-28-2010, 19:31
Nice Sir Art. :cool:. At 40 andyan na ung mga ECG, FBS , executive check ups. I'll print this up and post it in our office.

Let's find a sport mga fafa , besides shooting and golf
Turn back the clock
Run , bike, boxing, martial arts etc

isuzu
12-28-2010, 19:53
Pag young kasi wala pang sariling pambili :supergrin:

The dad of my former girlfriend once told me: "when I was young, I wanted to eat good food. The problem was that I didn't have the money to buy good food. Now that I'm old and successful, I can't eat the food I wanted when I was young."

wingz
12-28-2010, 21:04
Turn back the clock

Run okay yan, pero sa Fort daming distractions. Hehe.

jerrytrini
12-28-2010, 23:39
Run okay yan, pero sa Fort daming distractions. Hehe.

Anong klaseng distractions? Please explain and tell me where these distractions are so I won't venture in them carelessly.:rofl:

jerrytrini
12-28-2010, 23:54
[QUOTE=wingz;16540372]Run okay yan, pero sa Fort daming distractions. Heh

wingz
12-29-2010, 04:39
Anong klaseng distractions? Please explain and tell me where these distractions are so I won't venture in them carelessly.:rofl:

Aside from dogs, there are so many cameltoes..:supergrin:

Vic777
12-29-2010, 04:45
9. Befriend death.Don't agree with that one ...

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieve it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

DragonEye
12-29-2010, 09:20
Makapag-exercise na nga. Pero sa Fort gusto ko, nang ma-distract ng husto.:rofl:

atmarcella
12-29-2010, 19:22
Turn back the clock

i do this by listening to 80's music. sobrang tamad ano? hehehehe.

1 old 0311
12-29-2010, 19:58
Good read. This comes at a PERFECT time of my life...........nuff said.

Putok-Glock
12-30-2010, 04:06
ano ba pakiramdam ng midlife crisis?

Turn back the clock

i do this by listening to 80's music. sobrang tamad ano? hehehehe.

Turn back d clock?!...dont even dare consider it. Being older and matured is far better than being young. You may not agree now. But when you reach that stage, you will be thankful that you arent that young anymore. So dont be too concerned w/ midlife crisis coz its a blessing not a curse...hope Im wrong, but Im not, til now:cool:

Desiderata

Allegra
12-30-2010, 05:11
basta utak , hindi tumatanda hehe