Aimpoint Micro R1 on sale at Midway 299 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Micro R1 on sale at Midway 299

Alaskapopo
12-27-2010, 19:07
I just picked up 2. great price.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=913115&&rfx_page=0&RFX_PassBack=utm_source=Jan_11_Flyer&utm_medium=URL&rfx_catalogname=Jan_11_Flyer&rfx_catalog=1&utm_source=Jan_11_Flyer&utm_medium=URL&rfx_spread=0&rfx_gid=65593&rfx_pageid=1&rfx_catalog=1&rfx_passback=utm_source%3dJan_11_Flyer%26utm_medium%3dURL&rfx_base=http%3a%2f%2fmidwayusa.richfx.com.edgesuite.net%2fcatalog_midwayusa%2fJan_11_Flyer%2f&rfx_catalog_base=http%3a%2f%2fwww.midwayusa.com%2fGeneral.mvc%2fIndex%2fFlyerOnline%3f&rfx_omni=1&rfx_OmniPageName=p1&rfx_OmniCatalogName=Jan_11_Flyer&rfx_OmniClientID=midwayusa

RMTactical
12-27-2010, 19:32
Nice, I just picked up two as well. Thanks for posting that.

12-27-2010, 19:50
Great deal! Wonder why Aimpoint d/c'ed the R-1. And what's the difference between the H-1 and the R-1?

Alaskapopo
12-27-2010, 19:55
Great deal! Wonder why Aimpoint d/c'ed the R-1. And what's the difference between the H-1 and the R-1?

The only difference is color between the R1 and the H1.
pat

ScrappyDoo
12-27-2010, 20:17
Mr Alaska Sir,

YOU ARE THE MAN.

Once you got very mad at me because you thought I was attempting to offend your officer status, which was not the case as my Pop was for 34 yrs. So I definitely want(ed) to make sure you know I didn't mean it / apologize and

THANK YOU THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly I have been telling myself no H-1 no H-1 you want to save and buy the best best best T-1 (which I have ABSOLUTELY NO USE FOR, because I will never use NVG and even if SHTF and I became a soldier for our houses/neighborhoods/communities/countrys freedom, I doubt I would even get the NVGs we somehow procured. But I can't save the damn money, I put a $100 away, get to $200, have some problem between 2-$300 and need to spend it all and start from scratch!

I THINK I'M BUYING TWO AS WELL @#$% IT!!! One for my new Bad Mother #$*%&@ Bushmaster and why not one for my 15-22. Or I could use it for my 930 SPX Right? It won't go bad I reckon. I can always store it in my gun safe.

Turned on........ :-)

THANKS AGAIN SIR.

ScrappyDoo
12-27-2010, 20:41
Oh oh oh:

Do I *need* a mount for this? I've researched, not got a good answer... Says it has an integrated (read: built on?) weaver style mount. I would be running this on first and foremost, Bushmaster M4ish style , carry handle removed, now I have a Magpul MBUS in the rear, and the factory FSB up front. So far no optic but looks like this is it. Second would be the 15-22, which has front and rear MBUS, presently an NcStar that will be promptly put on sale here for trading :-) ... and therefore I'm basically ready to rock and roll on both but mounts ? Not my area of expertise.. I would LIKE An absolute cowitness if I could, could deal with the lower-1/3 that most operator type people seem to advocate, i just don't want to be screwed up and not have any or worse not have a usable sight picture. But I really don't want a 100-200-200+++? dollar mount, if at all. Thanks Mr. Alaska sir.

Alaskapopo
12-27-2010, 20:50
Oh oh oh:

Do I *need* a mount for this? I've researched, not got a good answer... Says it has an integrated (read: built on?) weaver style mount. I would be running this on first and foremost, Bushmaster M4ish style , carry handle removed, now I have a Magpul MBUS in the rear, and the factory FSB up front. So far no optic but looks like this is it. Second would be the 15-22, which has front and rear MBUS, presently an NcStar that will be promptly put on sale here for trading :-) ... and therefore I'm basically ready to rock and roll on both but mounts ? Not my area of expertise.. I would LIKE An absolute cowitness if I could, could deal with the lower-1/3 that most operator type people seem to advocate, i just don't want to be screwed up and not have any or worse not have a usable sight picture. But I really don't want a 100-200-200+++? dollar mount, if at all. Thanks Mr. Alaska sir.
If you don't need quick detach go with the Daniel Defense mount. its very good and affordable.
pat
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defense-Aimpoint-Micro-Mount-TALL-p/dd%2015003.htm

thisaway
12-27-2010, 20:54
Oh oh oh:

Do I need a mount for this? But I really don't want a 100-200-200+++? dollar mount, if at all. Thanks Mr. Alaska sir.

If you look around AR15.com and M4Carbine.net you should be able to find a used LaRue or Daniel Defense micro mount for a more reasonable price.

cowboy1964
12-27-2010, 23:24
Great price.

How's the battery life?

Alaskapopo
12-27-2010, 23:48
Great price.

How's the battery life?

50000 hours on setting 8 or about 1 year on the max brightness setting.
Pat

MAJINKONG
12-28-2010, 00:46
Is the Aimpt R-1 for handgun? Or i could use it too with the m4 14.5?

Alaskapopo
12-28-2010, 00:49
Is the Aimpt R-1 for handgun? Or i could use it too with the m4 14.5?

You can use it on anything you want its a red dot sight. Its just like the H1. You can put it on a pistol, rifle or shotgun.
Here is one I already own on a shotgun.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/shotguns/Saiga.jpg

NeverMore1701
12-28-2010, 04:45
Oooh I'm tempted, but I just ordered another Geissele SSA-E for my SPR lower :crying:

Alaskapopo
12-28-2010, 05:07
Oooh I'm tempted, but I just ordered another Geissele SSA-E for my SPR lower :crying:

Just do it.(little red devil on your shoulder)
Pat

ScrappyDoo
12-28-2010, 07:04
Quick questions-

American Defense quick release mount, which looks like it would do everything I need,
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=471284

or "Aimpoint T-1 Micro Mount Space High Matte"

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=412196

which looks a little cheaper, and simple enough? Unscrew the included Aimpoint mount on the base, screw this onto the bottom of the Aimpoint, screw the factory base onto the new spacer mount, then screw the whole mama jama onto the rail of the AR and you're GTG right?

I guess honestly I would rather have the simplicty of the "American Defense" but it's more expensive. Midway is having a redonkulous oUT of Stock situation on aimpoint micro mounts right now. And I prefer to order all from Midway because I am working on a big order from them (I was literally working on it when I saw Mr Alaskas post on this and I'm like SH#$ MORe money,... WAIT AIMPOINT MICRO SWWEEEEET!.

So I would prefer to pick one up from Midway to get it at same time etc. so any help much appreciated.
(http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/412/412196.jpg)

Alaskapopo
12-28-2010, 07:10
Quick questions-

American Defense quick release mount, which looks like it would do everything I need,
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=471284

or "Aimpoint T-1 Micro Mount Space High Matte"

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=412196

which looks a little cheaper, and simple enough? Unscrew the included Aimpoint mount on the base, screw this onto the bottom of the Aimpoint, screw the factory base onto the new spacer mount, then screw the whole mama jama onto the rail of the AR and you're GTG right?

I guess honestly I would rather have the simplicty of the "American Defense" but it's more expensive. Midway is having a redonkulous oUT of Stock situation on aimpoint micro mounts right now. And I prefer to order all from Midway because I am working on a big order from them (I was literally working on it when I saw Mr Alaskas post on this and I'm like SH#$ MORe money,... WAIT AIMPOINT MICRO SWWEEEEET!.

So I would prefer to pick one up from Midway to get it at same time etc. so any help much appreciated.
(http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/412/412196.jpg)

ADM is good never heard of the other one you posted so I can't comment.
pat

NeverMore1701
12-28-2010, 07:15
I have the ADM mount, nothing but good things to say about it.

ScrappyDoo
12-28-2010, 07:28
Nice nice nice done that's what I'll do thank you.

quickly my Christmas money is about spent and I'm bout to dip into tomorrows check as I go from a simple 100 or 200 order for upgrade parts, some accessories, magazine on sale for my Remington 597 (was going to be my next project which was my FIRST longun, and my most neglected now)... then I decided get a nice decent ~~~$150 Scope while at it... then the Micro...now some ammo..maybe two micros? LOIL.. now i'm approaching $1,000.

Boxerglocker
12-28-2010, 09:25
Just do it.(little red devil on your shoulder)
Pat

Man, I'm tempted too. My budget however is more or less blown for toys till after the NY. Wish I had held out on getting the PA RD. :faint:

ScrappyDoo
12-28-2010, 10:33
AQRGH MOTHERFDK I get back fm the bank depositing the cash to buy this stuff and now the damn American Defense one is out of stock too! REDONK.

BTW I called them and asked if they had stock on the Micros they said 1000 in stock.

Pdave
12-28-2010, 12:21
Good deal, 1 ordered.

humanguerrilla
12-28-2010, 15:52
Has the r1 been discontinued? I'm only seeing the t1 and h1 in the current products on Aimpoint's site anymore. Seems like these were getting more and more popular with lots of folks painting over the shiny finish for a better priced micro to use on their ARs. Might have to pick one up at this price while I can. Thanks.

Alaskapopo
12-28-2010, 15:58
Has the r1 been discontinued? s.

yes it is discontinued

RMTactical
12-28-2010, 15:59
Has the r1 been discontinued? I'm only seeing the t1 and h1 in the current products on Aimpoint's site anymore. Seems like these were getting more and more popular with lots of folks painting over the shiny finish for a better priced micro to use on their ARs. Might have to pick one up at this price while I can. Thanks.

Yup, discontinued.

ScrappyDoo
12-28-2010, 20:31
Ordered one!!!!!!!!! And I got a Daniel Defense mount coming from Brownells... $%*$*y deal though because I spent like $12 on UPS Ground, which means it will be next week... but I had paid for 2nd Day Air from MidwayUSA (24) cause I really wanted this and I'm planning a trip to the gunsmith will lots of things for him to do, wanted to include this on my AR work for him (Just an expert look-see etc.) ,,, and as you saw Midway has run out of EVERY SINGLE MOUNT for the Micros...LITERALLY mine got STOLEN FROM MY CAR while processing everythnig and you could SEE the line of products going down Out-of-stock, NEXT Out-of-stock, NEXT etc. I called Midway about the Remington 597 part I needed and he said regarding R-1, "at least 1000" ...

So also, as someone pointed out somewehre, this is spreading like wildfire across the interwebs and I personally thank Mr Alaskapopo sincerely and respectfully.. Like I said it's basically my top top choice (I mean even if I Spend $650 for a T-1 for my Ego, I will NEVER USE NVG HONESTLY) and the Comps , M4 even, too big and heavy for me... EOTechs I never dug really and Trijicon sure is my dream. Would love to have an ACOG. I do not have $2000 for one . And if I ever do have $2,000 for an ACOG I'm gonna need another $2,000 for a Colt or Colt +++ to put it on.

As I mentioned to Thank my Alaskapopo *AND* I don't dig EOTech, I was actually about to buy an EOTech 556 just because it looked like a good deal, "half" of the micros I was looking to buy...On this board actually, I'll say no more but I personally believe I was making a *very fair* offer and explained the exact reasons of my cash offer and for $30 buck difference...I mean..Well lets just say I would be personally Devastated had I got that EOTech and this sale happened, and deep down now I am saying a thanks prayer to Our Lord because He works in mysterious ways... In mysterious ways that seem to include Aimpoint Micros BABY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! i am sOOOOOOO tACTICOOL BROS!!!!

Alaskapopo
12-28-2010, 22:05
Ordered one!!!!!!!!! And I got a Daniel Defense mount coming from Brownells... $%*$*y deal though because I spent like $12 on UPS Ground, which means it will be next week... but I had paid for 2nd Day Air from MidwayUSA (24) cause I really wanted this and I'm planning a trip to the gunsmith will lots of things for him to do, wanted to include this on my AR work for him (Just an expert look-see etc.) ,,, and as you saw Midway has run out of EVERY SINGLE MOUNT for the Micros...LITERALLY mine got STOLEN FROM MY CAR while processing everythnig and you could SEE the line of products going down Out-of-stock, NEXT Out-of-stock, NEXT etc. I called Midway about the Remington 597 part I needed and he said regarding R-1, "at least 1000" ...

So also, as someone pointed out somewehre, this is spreading like wildfire across the interwebs and I personally thank Mr Alaskapopo sincerely and respectfully.. Like I said it's basically my top top choice (I mean even if I Spend $650 for a T-1 for my Ego, I will NEVER USE NVG HONESTLY) and the Comps , M4 even, too big and heavy for me... EOTechs I never dug really and Trijicon sure is my dream. Would love to have an ACOG. I do not have $2000 for one . And if I ever do have $2,000 for an ACOG I'm gonna need another $2,000 for a Colt or Colt +++ to put it on.

As I mentioned to Thank my Alaskapopo *AND* I don't dig EOTech, I was actually about to buy an EOTech 556 just because it looked like a good deal, "half" of the micros I was looking to buy...On this board actually, I'll say no more but I personally believe I was making a *very fair* offer and explained the exact reasons of my cash offer and for $30 buck difference...I mean..Well lets just say I would be personally Devastated had I got that EOTech and this sale happened, and deep down now I am saying a thanks prayer to Our Lord because He works in mysterious ways... In mysterious ways that seem to include Aimpoint Micros BABY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! i am sOOOOOOO tACTICOOL BROS!!!!
Glad you got what you wanted.
Pat

sooty
12-29-2010, 05:10
THANKS for the heads up, ordered 1 for my mini

ScrappyDoo
12-29-2010, 18:41
I'm ALL IN BABY. Got one coming TOMORROW from 2nd Day Air with some other parts I needed and you only live once, I ordered a 2nd today WOOHOO coming on Friday, along with a new Nikon Pro-staff 4-12x40mm ...So my Bushmaster AR, S&W M&P 15-22 will both be rocking Aimpoint Micro R-1's and I'm working on accurizing and improving my Remington 597... which is getting a Volquartsen target hammer, a Volquartsen extractor, a set of sling studs and a sling, a Harris bipod, and a new Nikon Pro-staff 4-12x40.... WOOHOO.. ALl in baby,made possible by this miraculous post about the sale .

stopatrain
12-29-2010, 20:14
I got one too, Thanks!

AFshooter
12-30-2010, 17:35
I picked one up. The H-1 was on my deployment slush fund list and I was planning on painting it anyway, so this was perfect.
Thanks for the heads up guys!
It'll be going on the Daniel Defense mount.

Matthew Courtney
12-30-2010, 18:02
I got my mini Aimpoints in and need guidance on a starting point as to how far forward and high to mount them on my guns, an AR-15 and an LR-308. My objective is to acquire good sight pictures as fast as posible on threat size targets from 3 to 300 yards. My inclination is to start out with them on .25 inch risers forward on the frames intergral rails over the bolt's forward position. This will give me a co-witness with my BUIS with minimal interference with my periphial vision. I plan to adjust as needed until I find a position that best helps me meet the previously described objectives. but I would like a good starting point so that I can get everything adjusted without breaking the ammo bank.

NeverMore1701
12-30-2010, 18:05
I got my mini Aimpoints in and need guidance on a starting point as to how far forward and high to mount them on my guns, an AR-15 and an LR-308. My objective is to acquire good sight pictures as fast as posible on threat size targets from 3 to 300 yards. My inclination is to start out with them on .25 inch risers forward on the frames intergral rails over the bolt's forward position. This will give me a co-witness with my BUIS with minimal interference with my periphial vision. I plan to adjust as needed until I find a position that best helps me meet the previously described objectives. but I would like a good starting point so that I can get everything adjusted without breaking the ammo bank.

I like them all the way forward on the receiver. I don't really have a solid preference for absolute or 1/3 co-witness.

Alaskapopo
12-30-2010, 21:11

I like it on the forward part of the upper reciever so that you have the option of mounting a magnifier behind it. I prefer the lower 1/3 co witness in the Larue tall mount. If you don't want to spend the money on the Larue mount the Daniel Defense mount for 70 bucks or so is very good just not quick detach.
Pat

ScrappyDoo
12-30-2010, 21:44
i got 2.... 1 for my new Bushmaster .223 and 1 for my pride and joy little guy 15-22..now I got the daniel defense mount on the way for the Bushmaster but I had errored in ass-uming I could use the factory 'mount' on my flattop 15-22. No way. Now I am using it on my 15-22 for several reasons . Hey, training, right? Train with what you use and all? And also forthe fact I not only Love shooting the 15-22 i shoot it a lot, probably the most of anything I have so... there you go. But basically I need a CHEAP mounting solution for it. I got MBUS and now this Aimpoint. I had a cheapo NcStar little holosight on there, and it gave me an inadvertant true cowitness and I liked it very much. Now with an Aimpoint Micro I will probably not be shooting the MBUS too often but still they are there, is there any real economical mount/riser/etc. that I can use for an obviously-not-going-into-battle-rifle?

Matthew Courtney
12-31-2010, 05:49
i got 2.... 1 for my new Bushmaster .223 and 1 for my pride and joy little guy 15-22..now I got the daniel defense mount on the way for the Bushmaster but I had errored in ass-uming I could use the factory 'mount' on my flattop 15-22. No way. Now I am using it on my 15-22 for several reasons . Hey, training, right? Train with what you use and all? And also forthe fact I not only Love shooting the 15-22 i shoot it a lot, probably the most of anything I have so... there you go. But basically I need a CHEAP mounting solution for it. I got MBUS and now this Aimpoint. I had a cheapo NcStar little holosight on there, and it gave me an inadvertant true cowitness and I liked it very much. Now with an Aimpoint Micro I will probably not be shooting the MBUS too often but still they are there, is there any real economical mount/riser/etc. that I can use for an obviously-not-going-into-battle-rifle?

The Bushmaster risers are 15.95 from Bushmaster - http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=19 .

ScrappyDoo
12-31-2010, 09:40
Mr Matthew Courtney that looks very very awesome thsank you! Now let me ask you, so how would I use this? I could simply mount the Aimpoint onto that little thing right, then mount that onto my rifle rail? It looks perfect for the 15-22 , I am about to purchase I was just hoping to get some more xpert info from you and others here.

Matthew Courtney
12-31-2010, 17:57
Mr Matthew Courtney that looks very very awesome thsank you! Now let me ask you, so how would I use this? I could simply mount the Aimpoint onto that little thing right, then mount that onto my rifle rail? It looks perfect for the 15-22 , I am about to purchase I was just hoping to get some more xpert info from you and others here.

A rifle with the same controls that is cheaper to shoot is a great way to get in more practice for your hard-earned dollars. I would mount the riser on the gun, and then mount the sight on the riser.

Don't forget that the recoil characteristics of the .223 are different. I would find the optimum point on the Bushmaster for getting your second sight picture and use the same mounting point on both guns.

1time
12-31-2010, 19:59
Glad I dropped the hammer when I first saw this thread because they are sold out now. Thanks Alaska!