Oops on my SP101 cleaning [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oops on my SP101 cleaning

FLSlim
12-28-2010, 12:42
Maybe I'm the only dolt, but when cleaning my SP101 I had the trigger assembly out and decided to pull the trigger (who knows why). The pawl and transfer bar came off, so I stuck them back (no problem). But when I reassembled the assembly and locked it in the frame, the trigger/cylinder would lock up. After several frustrating attempts to reassemble :steamed:, I turned to online research and I found there is a small spring and plunger that keep tension on the pawl. I didn't notice (did I mention that they are tiny), but those had fallen out. Fortunately I found them and reassembled the trigger assembly and things are fine. Perhaps this will be of some help to readers to avoid my error. Happy New Years Glock talkers!

1 old 0311
12-28-2010, 16:28
That is why I HATE to detail strip a Ruger. Bill tried to reinvent the wheel.:steamed:

Ak.Hiker
01-24-2011, 22:27
Maybe I'm the only dolt, but when cleaning my SP101 I had the trigger assembly out and decided to pull the trigger (who knows why). The pawl and transfer bar came off, so I stuck them back (no problem). But when I reassembled the assembly and locked it in the frame, the trigger/cylinder would lock up. After several frustrating attempts to reassemble :steamed:, I turned to online research and I found there is a small spring and plunger that keep tension on the pawl. I didn't notice (did I mention that they are tiny), but those had fallen out. Fortunately I found them and reassembled the trigger assembly and things are fine. Perhaps this will be of some help to readers to avoid my error. Happy New Years Glock talkers!

At least you only did it once. Twice for me. Made me appreciate my Glocks.

Bullman
02-23-2011, 19:22
I will try to remember that. Just brought one home today. They dipped that thing in 30 weight and put it in a plastic bag before they shipped it, I am going to have to do some cleaning before it goes to the range.