new 21sf kicking some brass back at me [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : new 21sf kicking some brass back at me

Broiler Monster
12-28-2010, 15:12
I have a new 21 sf. My carry round is the RA45TP. It ejects this round just fine, hard and to the right. But all the standard ball ammo I have put through it gives me mixed results. Some kicks out to the right just fine. But about 20 to 30% land on my right sholder on on top of my hat. When the brass comes back towards me it's moving slow. Unlike my old Colt that would ping me in the forehead hard! What do you think?

JR
12-28-2010, 18:31
Each load will react differently in the gun. Swap bullet weights and watch it change again.
I figure its got a lot to do with the power factor (weight/velocity) of each load. If you want a carry load you will need to find the one that works for you.

Broiler Monster
12-28-2010, 19:33
I have found a carry load that works fine. The 230 gr +p ranger t load cycles great in the gun and ejects hard right every time. But all the 230 grain ball ammo I have tried ejects inconsistantly. Sometimes the ball ammo goes right, sometimes it lands on my right sholder and sometimes on my hat. I've never had a glock do that. Have you?

JR
12-29-2010, 12:27
Should work but it would be to your benefit to upgrade the striker & firing pin safety to current production. If you change out the extractor to LCI be sure to swap the spring loaded bearing too.

Broiler Monster
01-03-2011, 21:12
Got my pistol serviced by Glock. %100!!!!

JR
01-04-2011, 14:36
Keep changing parts until you get the desired results. Work every time!