Why we like black rifles - I finally figured it out. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why we like black rifles - I finally figured it out.

Buckeye Glocks
12-28-2010, 19:03
The one thing that men and some women liked as children were legos/tinker toys/Knex. With those items you were only limited by your imaginations or your parents willingness to buy you more pieces. You could build anything you wanted and it was exactly what you wanted. It was not a pre-packaged toy. Is there anything wrong with pre-packaged? - No but it is difficult to make uniqely yours.

Black rifles are exactly the same. (Except that they are NOT toys - so the analogy is not perfect, I inderstand that so please no flames for that one!) Anyone can put one together/build in any configuration they like. They can make it uniquely theirs. It appeals to that part of us that loves to build and create. We are only limited by our budgets. If we want top of the line we can get top of the line. If someone wants a bench rifle, varmint gun, mall ninja set up, or tactical entry - whatever, they can build it to suit them.

I think that is why folks love the black rifle. Besides that - they are pretty awesome to shoot in any configuration!

maxniman
12-28-2010, 19:08
I like black rifles because the Army gave me one:supergrin: the same reason I like 1911's - they gave my one of those also.........

12-28-2010, 19:27
Why we like black rifles - I finally figured it out.
What took you so long?

doby
12-28-2010, 19:31
I loved it the first time I shot it. It happened to be in Basic Training, (1971) but I'd have loved a civilian AR, too. To have that much range and power, in that lw and handy (takedown ccw) a package was great. Now, with scopes, optics, cans, .22 unit, free float tubes, drop in trigger jobs, ambi safety, luminous irons, etc, it's superb.

RMTactical
12-28-2010, 20:37
So many reasons to like them. The fact that you can build, customize, and alter them so easily is surely a part of it.

Spiffums
12-29-2010, 05:25
Do you drive a Civic also? These are the tinker toys of cars.

lawman800
12-29-2010, 05:46
I like them because they look so cool and complete my GI Joe outfit.:supergrin: