Mobile Broadband (Florida) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Broadband (Florida)

CitizenOfDreams
12-28-2010, 23:33
Any Florida guys/girls here who are using a Mobile Hotspot from Verizon? I'm thinking about signing up for the service, and Verizon seems to have the best deal - cheaper than Sprint (which I'm using now) and more data allowance than AT&T. Any good/bad experience with them?

I want a standalone Mobile Hotspot because a USB modem would be almost as big as my new computer. :supergrin:

http://www.myviliv.com/eng/product/n5.asp

http://www.myviliv.com/eng/img/product/n5/s10_img03.jpg

Dragoon44
12-29-2010, 10:51
How much is it on verizon? and that does not include unlimited data correct?

CitizenOfDreams
12-29-2010, 15:47
How much is it on verizon? and that does not include unlimited data correct?

Verizon's cheapest plan - which is what I'm after - is $35/month with 3GB limit. Should be more than enough for my purposes.

AT&T is $35/month with 0.2GB limit. That's pretty bad.

Right now I have Sprint, which has no data limit but costs me $60/month.

All above plans include unlimited Wi-Fi hotspot usage. The data limit only applies when there is no Wi-Fi hotspot in the range and you connect through the cellular network.

CitizenOfDreams
12-29-2010, 18:09
Well, I took the plunge. Got the $35/mo data plan and a free MiFi2200 mobile hotspot (had to sign a 2-year contract for that). No problems so far, everything is working as advertised. Time will tell...

Dragoon44
12-29-2010, 19:39
If all you are going to do is surf the web and such with limited downloading then the 3GB should be sufficient.

CitizenOfDreams
12-29-2010, 19:59
If all you are going to do is surf the web and such with limited downloading then the 3GB should be sufficient.

As long as I stay away from epic GlockTalk threads about "8:40PM", "cardboard box", or "9mm vs .45". :supergrin:

Flattop67
01-04-2011, 00:01
I had a Verizon card build into my Dell...stated "Unlimited Access" for $59.99 a month. Thought that was cool. I like to listen to talk radio, found a site/station I like and had it on almost 24/7. Got the first bill, it was over $900!!!!!! Called Verizon and had it out with them , they tried to tell me "Unlimited Access" meant I could connect from anywhere. Not according to the documentation I had. I paid the $60 and now am much more careful with my usage. YMMV.

CitizenOfDreams
01-04-2011, 01:11
I always considered Bell Atlantic a bunch of sleazy crooks, long before they changed their name to "Verizon". Nevertheless, they currently offer the best deal in town, so I might as well get some use out of them.