Views on EoTech's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Views on EoTech's

CHEF-LOU
12-29-2010, 10:52
Considering putting one on my S&W M&P 15T. Thoughts on overall performance? What about the different models? Mainly concerned because of the differences in the batteries. Are the magnifiers worth investing in? Thanks in advance for your input.

BlayGlock
12-29-2010, 11:16
I just bought one when of these

http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=38&cat=2

Granted I do not have a lot of time with it yet, but like it so far. It is compact so it does not take up as much room on your rail. It has a clear sight picture and has held zero for me so far.

However, this is a hell of a deal

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=913115&&rfx_page=0&RFX_PassBack=utm_source=Jan_11_Flyer&utm_medium=URL&rfx_catalogname=Jan_11_Flyer&rfx_catalog=1&utm_source=Jan_11_Flyer&utm_medium=URL&rfx_spread=0&rfx_gid=65593&rfx_pageid=1&rfx_catalog=1&rfx_passback=utm_source%3dJan_11_Flyer%26utm_medium%3dURL&rfx_base=http%3a%2f%2fmidwayusa.richfx.com.edgesuite.net%2fcatalog_midwayusa%2fJan_11_Flyer%2f&rfx_catalog_base=http%3a%2f%2fwww.midwayusa.com%2fGeneral.mvc%2fIndex%2fFlyerOnline%3f&rfx_omni=1&rfx_OmniPageName=p1&rfx_OmniCatalogName=Jan_11_Flyer&rfx_OmniClientID=midwayusa

AK_Stick
12-29-2010, 11:17
I love my Eotechs. Much prefer them to Aimpoints for the natural heads up style, versus looking through the tube of the AP. I also like the circle with a center dot style of the EO better than the single dot.

However, I will say Aimpoints defenitly win the battery life catagory.

fuzzy03cls
12-29-2010, 11:27
What role will the rifle be suited to? Unless you are going to use your AR for long distance or precision, past 100 yards skip the magnifiers.
I have 3 512's. I like the 512 because they take AA batteries, & using lithium batteries will yield use in the 6 month range. Batteries are easy to find as well.

MrMurphy
12-29-2010, 11:30
I currently own two, because free beats no optic at all. But I am a diehard Aimpoint man and will be replacing them when budget allows. Used Aimpoints on duty. Sold Aimpoints at my last job.

When you need it, the Aimpoint will be there. I like the Eo reticle, I do not like the Eo reliability/battery life. Far too many men i know have had EOs die mid firefight, or rolling out of the squad car on a hot call, or simply for no reason at all (battery drain).

Compared to my personal experiences with the Aimpoint brand (snow, hail, rain, sandstorms, hard impacts.....3 years on the same battery).... no contest. I'll use one, but i'll never prefer them.

faawrenchbndr
12-29-2010, 12:10
I like the reticle better than just the dot in an Aimpoint.
However, I own an Aimpoint.

mixflip
12-29-2010, 12:17
If I get an EoTech it would be for the lightning fast both eyes open capability of the HUD design. 1MOA dot with a 75MOA ring is FAST! I have my eyes on the EXPS model with the side mounted controls and the quick detach levers and transversely mounted batteries. The only thing I am not crazy about is the lower battery life compared to the Aimpoint. Other than that, I'd feel comfortable investing in an EoTech. If Aimpoint made a reticle like the EoTech I'd get the Aimpoint so for now EoTech has that market cornered.

Borrowed pic from Google.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/mixflip/SBSEOTech.jpg

CAcop
12-29-2010, 14:20
At work we have them on our pool rifles. We have had just about every model of EOtech on our rifles in the 10 years we have run rifles. The N battery ones were annoying because the batteris are hard to find. The newer ones seem to be better. Battery life is short comapred to an Aimpoint but since they use AA they are easy to find. I have an astigmatism so it makes it really hard for me to use them. Those without vision problems like them. We turn them off when they are not in use and keep our BUIS up so if they do crap out there is little wasted time.

cowboy1964
12-29-2010, 14:24
I spent considerable time researching red dots before shelling out $450. I went with the Optics Planet special edition of the EXPS2. I like the fact that it uses CR123A batteries (I have plenty of those because of my flashlights) and has the side-mounted controls. I LOVE the ring+dot reticle on EoTechs, I think that's the best thing going for a self-defense rifle. I also like the short length of the EXPS2 and the fact it has a built-in riser. I wish it were lighter though. Oh well.

I do like the brightness dial and battery life on the Aimpoints better but overall the EoTech won. It would be nice to leave it on 24/7 but the fact is the EXPS2 has a 600 hour battery life so if I need that capability I can just change out the battery every few weeks.

I may get a magnifier eventually, just for fun, but I have no idea which one. Probably not going to spend the $$$ on an EoTech or Aimpoint one though.

You probably know that EoTech has an up-to $50 rebate until 12/31. Note that you do have to purchase from an authorized dealer though.

fuzzy03cls
12-29-2010, 14:32
When you need it, the Aimpoint will be there. I like the Eo reticle, I do not like the Eo reliability/battery life. Far too many men i know have had EOs die mid firefight, or rolling out of the squad car on a hot call, or simply for no reason at all (battery drain).

Got any recent experience? Like from new models? & not N models(discontinued BTW)
All I ever hear is battery battery battery when comparing an Eo to aimpoint. Yes the aimpoint does have tons of battery life I get that, but newer Eo's have a ton as well, & last easily 6 months on lithium's. All these battery drain/unreliable claims that I come across are from older models or N versions

MARSH1
12-29-2010, 14:56
As mentioned above if you are in the market for a EOTech the factory mail in rebates end 12/31/2010. We are kicking in a free magnifier as well.

Marshall

http://www.primaryarms.com/category.sc?categoryId=51

boomhower
12-29-2010, 15:49
I have been going through the same thought process as you. I like the recticle of the EOtech but the battery life of the Aimpoint. You can get 40 CR123's from Amazon for $40 shipped, I can live with that. ~$20 a year if you changed them every month. If I had the cash right now I would by the OPMOD from opticsplanet but alas I need to pick up a failzero BCG first.

JDurfee
12-29-2010, 16:19
+1 on Primary arms. I just ordered a pile of YHM stuff from them and they were excellent. Prices are VERY reasonable also. I'm gonna try and scrap the loot together for either a 512 or a xps-2

TedG
12-29-2010, 16:23
I have both Eotech and Aimpoint (552 and an H1). I think the 552 is great for CQB distances, but the Aimpoint is more comfortable for distances. The Aimpoint dot is smaller and appears more precise. In either case you can't go wrong as they are both excellent optics.

Hedo1
12-29-2010, 16:29
I have two 512's. They are durable and hold zero well. I find the reticle fast and easy to acquire.

I change the batteries 3 X per year and turn them off when it is in the gun safe. I have Buis on my AR's and keep them up until I turn the Eotech on.

Aimpoints are great and I like them too. For me they are slower to get on target so it's more of a personal preference in my case.

cowboy1964
12-29-2010, 16:30
A 1 MOA dot on an EoTech (at the proper brightness) is by no means "not small enough".

bigdollars
12-29-2010, 17:41
Thank you everyone for al the info on these products. I have just 1 m4 rifle and have been banginb my head against the wall for a long time trying to figure out what optic/red dot to get. ACOG's with the red dot seem great but cost more than the rifle, eotech's seem great because of the price point and the width of the sight picture, the aimpoints seem great because of the size, weight, and battery life.

I still don't know what I am going to do but really appreciate the info you are all providing.

MAJINKONG
12-29-2010, 17:44
Thank you everyone for al the info on these products. I have just 1 m4 rifle and have been banginb my head against the wall for a long time trying to figure out what optic/red dot to get. ACOG's with the red dot seem great but cost more than the rifle, eotech's seem great because of the price point and the width of the sight picture, the aimpoints seem great because of the size, weight, and battery life.

I still don't know what I am going to do but really appreciate the info you are all providing.

Me too... All infos are appreciated.

cowboy1964
12-29-2010, 17:47
If this helps, I went with the EoTech because it seemed to be the better choice for a short-range defensive AR where battery life isn't much of a concern. I just really prefer the larger, rectangular window and the 65 MOA reticle. The fact that it was also a bit less expensive was a plus and the mount was included.

FatBoy
12-29-2010, 18:07
Have you ever used one?? Do you have in an Astigmatism in your eyes? I like the EoTech, but w/ my Astigmatism the optic is about useless. On the other hand, Aimpoints don't have the same issue w/ my eyes. It's hard to explain, but that little 1 MOA dot looks like a 50 MOA football to me, while the Aimpoints look like a dot w/ a little comet tail(very small). Oh, other people looked through it and it looked like the pictures you see. So, I guess that's my only comment if you have that condition in with your eyes.

FB

cowboy1964
12-29-2010, 18:27
I am extremely near sighted in both eyes and have astig. in my weak eye. Without correction the recticle is just a big blur but it would still be accurate enough for close range work. I'd be more concerned with identifying the target and the threat potential really. With correction the recticle, including the dot, are very sharp and distinctive.

Interestingly, uncorrected the recticle looks the same to either eye. The astig. doesn't matter.

fuzzy03cls
12-29-2010, 20:18
Have you ever used one?? Do you have in an Astigmatism in your eyes? I like the EoTech, but w/ my Astigmatism the optic is about useless
I do, & my eyes are pretty bad on top. I wear glasses 24/7. Scopes & tube sights are trouble for me. It's hard to keep my eyes focused. The Eotech I have no problem with. My aimpoint also works ok, but again it's a tube & difficult to focus both eyes open.

GenoTac Ind.
12-29-2010, 20:38
I you are really debating on either try and go cheap first, buy a Primary Arms line of red dot and try it out. If you like how they work then get an Aimpoint, as that is pretty much what they are. If you don't like it, you have an extra red dot and then get an Eotech...

I have the Primary Arms Micro Dot, newest version, and I trust it.

stmcelroy
12-29-2010, 21:51
Have you ever used one?? Do you have in an Astigmatism in your eyes? I like the EoTech, but w/ my Astigmatism the optic is about useless. On the other hand, Aimpoints don't have the same issue w/ my eyes. It's hard to explain, but that little 1 MOA dot looks like a 50 MOA football to me, while the Aimpoints look like a dot w/ a little comet tail(very small). Oh, other people looked through it and it looked like the pictures you see. So, I guess that's my only comment if you have that condition in with your eyes.

FB

That's how it appears to me too, I've got 20/15 Lasik repaired eye sight but have astigmatisms. I liked the Eotech but it was one big old blurr.

While my Aimpoint blooms in darker situations, it's nowhere near as bad.

lucky-gunner
12-29-2010, 22:06
EoTech's are great for what they are designed for CQB. The target acquisition is lightning fast. Battery life is not as good as Aimpoints. Reticule is a matter of preference. You may love or hate it. They are built well and will stand up to the regular shooters abuse. I would suggest going down to a local shop and trying out both. Most places will have a dummy gun to mount them to, to try.

I prefer the Aimpoint. The Eo reticle is just too large for me. The other bonus of the Aimpoint is you don't have to turn them off. Unless you already have NVG I don't think it's worth splurging for the NVG compatible models.

Kcolg
12-29-2010, 22:35
I also use the Eotech 512 on a M&P15T for work. It works great, lots of rail space on the 15T so I was not worried about getting a compact model, and I wanted easy to find batteries (the AA batteries). Like stated I use the lithium batteries and get several months out of them, not sure how long for sure because I just change them out every 4 months and then use them in remotes or flashlights at home or whatever until they are drained. Which has yet to happen actually. LOL I've used Aimpoint as well, but prefer the Eotech. Battery issue is nill since I change them 3 times a year and always carry a spare set as well.

Like others I like the quick, both eyes open acquistion of my target. But I work in an urban environement and do more CQB stuff and very little long distance. For the few times it has come up, I just resort to the iron sites anyway. That is how people have done it for decades anyway with the AR.

cowboy1964
12-29-2010, 22:43
The first time I stuck the EoTech on I was amazed at how quick the sight acquisition was. Red dots are well worth the money, whichever one one uses.

lawman800
12-29-2010, 23:55
I did some research into the EOTech, Aimpoint, and Trijicon sights before I made my decision to buy the 517 EOTech for its simplicity of supply (AA batteries) and the 65MOA aiming reticle system.

I know the battery life is short relatively when compared to the Aimpoint, but I am not in the sandbox and I don't see myself using up the 8,000 hours as fast as some would think that might give the Aimpoint's 50,000 hours an advantage. Unless the world runs out of AA batteries, I think I will be good with the few 48-packs I have in the freezer. I think I will use them up on other toys before I have to switch out the EOTech batteries once.

The Holographic technology is also a selling point because it is a true holographic system with a laser projecting onto a plane which generates the true hologram. This is different than the Aimpoint, which is a red dot, not a holographic system. What's the difference? None to me, really, but it's pretty cool. IMHO, Aimpoints are great, but when you boil it down... an Aimpoint is a super well-built tank tough red dot with a great company that gives lifetime support to its products, but still a red dot... at the heart of it, pretty much like any other red dot sight that sells for $20 at an airsoft store... just built 500x tougher. (Yes, I have my flame suit on for incoming artillery)

As for the Trijicon, I am sold on the fact that it is tritium powered so no battery required, ever. I am, however, way overwhelmed on the different choices with all the different reticles, magnifications, variables, and whatnot. I lost track after going through about 20 different models... not to mention that a decent Trijicon is about 3x the cost of an EOTech. Also, when you mount a Trijicon, you pretty much take up all the space on the back and you might not be able to have an useable rear BUIS. A lot of the AR's with Trijicons have the rear BUIS tucked under the rear objective lense housing to the point where you cannot get to it without taking the Trijicon off. I have played with one $1,800 model and I was blown away at how awesome it is, but I earn a modest living and $1,800 is more than I spent on the rifle... so no go on that.

When we go shooting, my buddies and I have all kinds of sight systems on our rifles, and consistently, people flock to try out my EOTech over the other rifles with Aimpoints or Trijicons, because the aiming system is so intuitive and easy to use. That says it all, because that is what a sighting system is for, make it easy for you to hit your target.

I think EOTech still has the $50 rebate, no? For me, I think after all is said and done, I paid $404 for my EOTech 517 delivered to my door from out of state. Not the best price, but way lower than if I bought retail here in LA and I am very happy with it.

ezterra
12-30-2010, 00:33
I'm a big Eotech fan. I deployed with a 553 and I have a 553 on my personal AR and a 512 on my other personal AR. None of them gave me any problems. I went through my deployment without having to replace batteries, however, I did replace them when I got home. Even if I had an Aimpoint, I probably still would have replaced the batteries after a deployment. I simply turn off my sight whenever I'm not on mission.

As for durability, my experience has been nothing but outstanding. It always turned on when I wanted it on, it always stayed on when I wanted it on, and it turned off when I wanted it off. It also maintained it's zero very well. I don't have any hard data, but whenever I verified my zero, I made small adjustments but was always surprised how close it was considering how much abuse my weapon took.

I also really like the reticle of the Eotech. It might be I've been training for years with an Eotech, but I just seem to have a hard time finding the little dot on the Aimpoint. Whereas it's super easy to pick up the 65 MOA circle of the Eotech.

As for a magnifier, unless the weapon is your profession, I wouldn't suggest buying the Eotech or Aimpoint magnifiers. It's a lot of money for something to play around with. I find that beyond 100 yards it doesn't help with precise shooting much. I do get great groups at 100 yards and in with the magnifier, but that's about the limit for me. Where I found the magnifier invaluable is target identification. It's really an advantage to have the magnifier to scan rooftops and to look down streets.

Anyway, hope my biased opinion helps a little. Have fun shopping.

cowboy1964
12-30-2010, 02:08
One cool thing about the EoTech reticle is you can use the 65 MOA ring to make a precision close range shot. The bottom of the ring is POI at about 7 yards.

lawman800
12-30-2010, 04:03
One cool thing about the EoTech reticle is you can use the 65 MOA ring to make a precision close range shot. The bottom of the ring is POI at about 7 yards.

Precisely!

Takes the guesswork out of the close range hold-off versus the iron sights or other sighting systems.

wct097
12-30-2010, 05:55
As mentioned above if you are in the market for a EOTech the factory mail in rebates end 12/31/2010. We are kicking in a free magnifier as well.

Marshall

That seems like a pretty good deal. Wonder if they'll run a similar special come tax time. :whistling:

Here's a question for the Eotech guys. How do you choose a model? I'd like one for my AR that has the ring reticle and 1moa dot. Needs to have the QD levers for easy removal, and be able to use my fixed front sight and flip up rear sight as backup or co-witness. Not terribly concerned with the battery (AA or CR123 is fine). NV compatible means nothing to me. Controls on the side would be nice, because I would like the option of a flip to side magnifier. Which model do I want?

NeverMore1701
12-30-2010, 06:24
that seems like a pretty good deal. Wonder if they'll run a similar special come tax time. :whistling:

Here's a question for the eotech guys. How do you choose a model? I'd like one for my ar that has the ring reticle and 1moa dot. Needs to have the qd levers for easy removal, and be able to use my fixed front sight and flip up rear sight as backup or co-witness. Not terribly concerned with the battery (aa or cr123 is fine). Nv compatible means nothing to me. Controls on the side would be nice, because i would like the option of a flip to side magnifier. Which model do i want?

EXPS 2-0 Opmod.

wct097
12-30-2010, 07:08
EXS 2-0 Opmod.

Good stuff. That looks like it'd fit the bill perfectly.

lawman800
12-30-2010, 14:23
That seems like a pretty good deal. Wonder if they'll run a similar special come tax time. :whistling:

Here's a question for the Eotech guys. How do you choose a model? I'd like one for my AR that has the ring reticle and 1moa dot. Needs to have the QD levers for easy removal, and be able to use my fixed front sight and flip up rear sight as backup or co-witness. Not terribly concerned with the battery (AA or CR123 is fine). NV compatible means nothing to me. Controls on the side would be nice, because I would like the option of a flip to side magnifier. Which model do I want?

517 fit my requirements which are similar to yours.

cowboy1964
12-30-2010, 15:15
I went with the Opmod EXPS2 because of the side mounted controls. Even if I don't run a magnifier I like to mount the EoTech as far back as I can, which means rear mounted buttons would be hard to use because my backup flip up sight would be in the way. I also like the QD lever but frankly a screw-on wouldn't be a big deal. I was a little nervous about having the built-in riser but I was 99% sure I wanted to have a 1/3 lower co-witness rather than a full co-witness. After using it for awhile I knew I was right!

Matthew Courtney
12-30-2010, 19:11
I have had 2 break from the recoil of a remington 12 guage and an LR-308. They seem to hold up fine on .223's but I wouldn't put one on anything larger.

lawman800
12-31-2010, 03:17
I went with the Opmod EXPS2 because of the side mounted controls. Even if I don't run a magnifier I like to mount the EoTech as far back as I can, which means rear mounted buttons would be hard to use because my backup flip up sight would be in the way. I also like the QD lever but frankly a screw-on wouldn't be a big deal. I was a little nervous about having the built-in riser but I was 99% sure I wanted to have a 1/3 lower co-witness rather than a full co-witness. After using it for awhile I knew I was right!

I am the same way. I run my 517 up against my flip up ARMS 40L BUIS. The side controls are great. I didn't get a hi-rise mount either and the lower 1/3 co-witness is fine. The fixed front sight post doesn't bother me in the least.

fuzzy03cls
12-31-2010, 09:01
I have had 2 break from the recoil of a remington 12 guage and an LR-308. They seem to hold up fine on .223's but I wouldn't put one on anything larger.
Define break, & which models, & how old were they?

Matthew Courtney
12-31-2010, 14:38
Define break, & which models, & how old were they?

The one on the Remington 1100 was the one that takes 2 AA batteries in front of the lens assembly and positions them parallel to the bore. Something inside of it broke(you can hear a rattle inside when you shake it) and it will not turn on anymore. The failure happened after about 30-40 shots had beenn fired through the shotgun it was mounted on. It was 4 months old. Eotech said that using it on a shotgun was abuse and refused to issue a return authorization for a warranty repair.

The one on the LR-308 is the one that takes 2 CR123 batteries in front of the lens assembly and positions them parallel to the bore. It was mounted o a Bushmaster X15 for about a year and withstood 400-500 rounds before I put in on a LAR-308. After about 40-60 rounds on the .308, it began turning itself off about every 4th or 5th round. It still works well on a .223. Eotech said that as long as it works on a .223, it is not defective and they refused to issue a RA# for a warranty repair.

In short, Bushmaster knows that having the batteries parrallel with the bore is a design defect. That is why they now offer a model with a transverse battery, but they refuse to honor their warranty on their defective models.

glock22357
12-31-2010, 15:01
I have both Eotech and Aimpoint (552 and an H1). I think the 552 is great for CQB distances, but the Aimpoint is more comfortable for distances. The Aimpoint dot is smaller and appears more precise. In either case you can't go wrong as they are both excellent optics.

FWIW, the Eotech's have a 1MOA center dot, and the Aimpoints have either a 2 or 4MOA dot. Perhaps you have an astigmatism.

cowboy1964
12-31-2010, 15:06
I don't like super tight cheek welds (I have a long neck I guess) so raising the EoTech up a little is more comfortable for me.

AK_Stick
12-31-2010, 15:13
I've run an eotech on my AR for well over 6,000 rounds, and the same Eotech went to Iraq with me in 05-06, and lived on my 240.

They're very tough.

They're just not aimpoint tough.

lawman800
12-31-2010, 20:51
The one on the Remington 1100 was the one that takes 2 AA batteries in front of the lens assembly and positions them parallel to the bore. Something inside of it broke(you can hear a rattle inside when you shake it) and it will not turn on anymore. The failure happened after about 30-40 shots had beenn fired through the shotgun it was mounted on. It was 4 months old. Eotech said that using it on a shotgun was abuse and refused to issue a return authorization for a warranty repair.

The one on the LR-308 is the one that takes 2 CR123 batteries in front of the lens assembly and positions them parallel to the bore. It was mounted o a Bushmaster X15 for about a year and withstood 400-500 rounds before I put in on a LAR-308. After about 40-60 rounds on the .308, it began turning itself off about every 4th or 5th round. It still works well on a .223. Eotech said that as long as it works on a .223, it is not defective and they refused to issue a RA# for a warranty repair.

In short, Bushmaster knows that having the batteries parrallel with the bore is a design defect. That is why they now offer a model with a transverse battery, but they refuse to honor their warranty on their defective models.

I've run an eotech on my AR for well over 6,000 rounds, and the same Eotech went to Iraq with me in 05-06, and lived on my 240.

They're very tough.

They're just not aimpoint tough.

I was going to say... I watched some special on the Coast Guards and they have EOTechs mounted on their M14 rifles and whatever door gun they have on their helicopters... looked like a M240... didn't quite look like the M60. The Coastie was firing full auto bursts with that EOTech on it and he seemed to be okay with the choice of optics.

Cobra6
12-31-2010, 23:50

Marshall

Thanks Marshall - I was able to jump on this deal - got shipping confirmed today.

MrMurphy
01-01-2011, 01:05
I've shot an M134 minigun with an Eo mounted.

I don't mind the reticle, I just don't expect the optic to always work. Failure with an Eo for me, is expected, not a surprise.

ezterra
01-01-2011, 01:48
Precisely!

Takes the guesswork out of the close range hold-off versus the iron sights or other sighting systems.

Just learned something new. I'll have to try it out next time out, and if it works I'll make sure I pass this info on to my troops and incorporate it in our training.

KalashniKEV
01-01-2011, 08:59
I've got two pulverized EOtechs that thank god have never quit on me. The reticle offers greater speed and precision, and the latest incarnation is, IMO the perfect combat sight.

Aimpoint never worked for me, and would be either full of fog in the morning, or the knob would contact my gear and change the brightness setting, or the knob would be missing (where did it go?)... mount failure is a real and common problem (bring your nail polish!).

The battery life is not as long, but the EOtech reticle flashes, letting you know it's time to change. The M-68 turns off on firing when it runs low, and if it's the old model you have to find that odd battery- all EOtech model batteries are available at Walmart.

The cam system of the EXPS resists vibrations better than any torque limiting mount or ring-type arrangement. The transverse battery mounting solves the "terminal bounce" issue, though it's also very important to only run lithium AAs in a 512 b/c of their reduced mass.

Aimpoint has only one block checked- Battery life.

EOtech has superior speed AND precision, durability, cost (depending on model), design ergos, and user interface.

It's a very simple decision. ;)

tripleL
01-01-2011, 09:44
Great info on the EoTechs...It's very appreciated and helpful in my search for an optic as well.

I'm debating on an EoTech 512 or the Burris AR-332...
I don't shoot my MP15 often; main uses are for the range and HD.

Any suggestions on which optic to purchase??

MARSH1
01-01-2011, 12:47
Great info on the EoTechs...It's very appreciated and helpful in my search for an optic as well.

I know of a great optics dealer that has both. :whistling:

cowboy1964
01-01-2011, 15:28
Regarding using the outer ring of the EoTech reticle to make a precision close range shot... if you have a laser bore sight you can very easily test this and get a feel for the exact distance where it lines up. It's amazing to watch the gap between the bore laser point and the recticle change as you sweep various distances. It's a great demonstration of the sight/bore offset issue that one has to be aware of when shooting close range.

Matthew Courtney
01-01-2011, 16:32

If weight is a consideratin for you, you might want to consider the following:

Eotech 512 with batteries - 12.2 Ounces
AR-332 with battery - 14.2 ounces
Aimpoint R-1 or T-1 with battery - 4.0 ounces
Trijicon reflex - 4.2 ounces

NeverMore1701
01-01-2011, 17:25
If weight is a consideratin for you, you might want to consider the following:

Eotech 512 with batteries - 12.2 Ounces
AR-332 with battery - 14.2 ounces
Aimpoint R-1 or T-1 with battery - 4.0 ounces
Trijicon reflex - 4.2 ounces

EOTech XPS: 8 oz.

Don't forget to add mount weights, which differ by which one you pick. And EOTechs generally don't need a separate mount.

Matthew Courtney
01-01-2011, 17:45

Don't forget to add mount weights, which differ by which one you pick. And EOTechs generally don't need a separate mount.

It's great to see that Eotech shaved some weight off when they went to a transverse battery. They are great sights which offer a superior field of view through the optic, which is essential with night vision applications. The 42mm Trijicon is the only thing that comes close to the Eotech's thru optic field of view.

The weights of the aimpoint and trijicon sights include mounts.

If only someone would integrate the Aimpoint battery technology with a tritium glow back up and Eotech field of view into a night vision compatible optic that only weighed 4 ounces, we would be sitting pretty. We may as well pray for peace.

m814
01-02-2011, 13:53

No it's not, the Eotech dot is 1moa, the Aimpoint is 4 MOA

MrMurphy
01-03-2011, 01:12
Aimpoints come in both 2, 4 and about 3.5 MOA depending on model. Most newer ones are 2 MOA. And the human eye can't tell teh difference between them without a magnifier usually.

WhiskeyUnicorn
01-03-2011, 08:48
I was going to buy an Aimpoint, but got a GREAT end of the year deal on a FDE EoTech 553. It had the qd mount and a hood, NV capable(not that I need it) works well and I prefer the open vision and reticle

Daekwan
01-04-2011, 10:12
Aimpoint has only one block checked- Battery life.

EOtech has superior speed AND precision, durability, cost (depending on model), design ergos, and user interface.

It's a very simple decision. ;)

Couldnt have said it anymore perfectly. Dont have a single complaint about my 15 month old XPS 2.0

And a dozen 123A batteries are $21 from Primary Arms. I change the battery about twice a year to keep them fresh.

trlcavscout
01-04-2011, 10:30
They arent for everybody, I prefer Aimpoint my self. Has nothing to do with battery life, quality etc. I just prefer them.

Sturmgewehre
01-04-2011, 10:31
I own several EOTechs and Aimpoints. Between the two, I will take the Aimpoint on any serious rifle that might be used for personal defense. If the batteries shoot craps or it shuts down mid-string no one dies. The newer XPS systems correct many of the issues the older 5xx series had, like shutting off while shooting.

I do like the sight picture the EOTechs offer, and their newer models are becoming much better with battery life, but still no where near where Aimpoint is. I have two Comp M2's that I replaced the batteries after 6 years. Not because they were dead, but because I figured it was probably time. I leave them on for months at a time too.

With all of that said, I'm moving towards smaller, lighter and less obtrusive RDS. I'm evaluating a couple of RMR's right now and so far, they are quite impressive. The balance of the rifle isn't altered as they're so small, they have a VERY small signature so they don't increase the size/mass of the rifle all that much (less to bang around and snag on stuff). They easily co-witness the iron sights. You have the option of a battery powered LED sight or a tritium dual illumination (12 year life or more) sight. I see no down side to them.

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/1144781932_FvMhs-L.jpg

Sturmgewehre
01-04-2011, 10:39

...which is another reason I like Aimpoints and even RMR's. You have mounting options.

fuzzy03cls
01-04-2011, 10:42
I own several EOTechs and Aimpoints. Between the two, I will take the Aimpoint on any serious rifle that might be used for personal defense. For a range gun, EOTechs are fine. If the batteries shoot craps or it shuts down mid-string no one dies.
You make it sound like a Eo's battery life is in minutes. Reality is it's months. Aimpoint is years. And that's that. User needs to decide what they need.
Only time I ever had a battery go down was a "N" 511 model & they don't make that any longer. .
To make the claims you do about a serious rifle use, it's just biased nonsense.

Sturmgewehre
01-04-2011, 10:58
You make it sound like a Eo's battery life is in minutes. Reality is it's months. Aimpoint is years. And that's that. User needs to decide what they need.
Only time I ever had a battery go down was a "N" 511 model & they don't make that any longer. .
To make the claims you do about a serious rifle use, it's just biased nonsense.
I made no such statement. "Months" is a very short time by the way.

What I choose to use is biased, I made no claims otherwise. What I choose for a personal defense rifle is tailored to my specific needs based upon my experiences. I've had EOTechs shut down due to heat on an AK Ultimak rail, I've had them go dead on me while at the range because it was "months" between battery swaps. My Aimpoints have never once failed me. I've never once went to turn it on and found it was dead, but I have more times than I can remember with my EOTechs.

Your hostility towards me and my views for what I prefer is what's "non-sense".

I've based my opinion on actually owning both products, multiple copies, and using them for years.

cowboy1964
01-04-2011, 11:55
With all of that said, I'm moving towards smaller, lighter and less obtrusive RDS. I'm evaluating a couple of RMR's right now and so far, they are quite impressive. The balance of the rifle isn't altered as they're so small, they have a VERY small signature so they don't increase the size/mass of the rifle all that much (less to bang around and snag on stuff). They easily co-witness the iron sights. You have the option of a battery powered LED sight or a tritium dual illumination (12 year life or more) sight. I see no down side to them.

I like that idea very much. 11 oz for a full size RDS is a lot of weight. Not to mention the sheer bulk of it.

fuzzy03cls
01-04-2011, 12:19
Sturmgewehre (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=76593) You edited your post out it seems. Where you said "Between the two, I will take the Aimpoint on any serious rifle that might be used for personal defense. For a range gun, EOTechs are fine."
All I'm saying is to claim they are better suited to range use & not real duty is not accurate for most. In your use ok, your opinion not mine & that's fine.
I didn't get from your post that you were basing it off your use.
I agree with the AK. I have a 511 on my AK & tried the Ultimak rail & it got too hot. I am using the regular side mount now.

mjkeat
01-04-2011, 13:43
Hot hot did the EoTech get?

Sturmgewehre
01-04-2011, 13:59
Hot hot did the EoTech get?

Hot enough to shut down. :supergrin:

I want to mount it up again and buy a IR thermometer to find out how hot the surface temp is when it shuts down. That's another subject for a YouTube video I suppose.

AK_Stick
01-04-2011, 14:11
What rail/red dot mount is that?

I want one for both of my AK's.

Sturmgewehre
01-04-2011, 14:12
What rail/red dot mount is that?

I want one for both of my AK's.

It's a Midwest Industries / US Palm rail with a Trijicon RMR LED sight.

Here's a review I posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuqUeLXj_AU

Let me know if you have any questions about the setup.

AK_Stick
01-04-2011, 14:27
I don't really have any quesitons about the RMR, as I've run one on my AR, I just hadn't seen a optic specific set up like that before.

Now the only decision is RMR or Micro.

Not a real Aimpoint fan, but I do like the Micro

Sturmgewehre
01-04-2011, 14:39
I don't really have any quesitons about the RMR, as I've run one on my AR, I just hadn't seen a optic specific set up like that before.

Now the only decision is RMR or Micro.

Not a real Aimpoint fan, but I do like the Micro

I've skipped right past the Micro and went to the RMR's as both are "always on" and are so stinking small... I really do think they are the future of RDS's right now.

But the guys I know that run the Micro love it. Every time I think I'm going to buy a Micro I wind up just putting an RMR on the gun. :supergrin:

cowboy1964
01-04-2011, 19:18
The battery life thing is petty IMO. Tac lights have run time measured in a few hours at best. It's something you just have to adapt to.

MrMurphy
01-04-2011, 20:02
Tried the RMR. Still prefer the Micro.

AK_Stick
01-04-2011, 21:49
I like the fact the Micro work with my NVG's.

But I have to admit, the RMR looks at home in that setting.

Bet it would be the cats ass on a SBR'd krink.

mjkeat
01-04-2011, 21:52
Hot enough to shut down. :supergrin:

I want to mount it up again and buy a IR thermometer to find out how hot the surface temp is when it shuts down. That's another subject for a YouTube video I suppose.

I never thought of that as a failing point. Thank you.

BBJones
01-05-2011, 15:49
I've skipped right past the Micro and went to the RMR's as both are "always on" and are so stinking small... I really do think they are the future of RDS's right now.

But the guys I know that run the Micro love it. Every time I think I'm going to buy a Micro I wind up just putting an RMR on the gun. :supergrin:

I really like micro's on ultimak/AK and on AR's, but that setup looks really good. I would love to know more about the durability and the sight picture. Without using one it looks like the ears at the top might interfere with field of view. With a micro you lose almost no field of view with both eyes open (a big plus to me). Having used micro's on ultimaks you are right about how nice it is to have the dot just above the sights. That RMR looks like it might be sitting even lower.

to OP - I have tried EOtech's but always preferred Aimpoints, especially micro's.

Sturmgewehre
01-05-2011, 15:57
I like the fact the Micro work with my NVG's.

But I have to admit, the RMR looks at home in that setting.

Bet it would be the cats ass on a SBR'd krink.
I filed the paperwork this week for SBR'ing a Draco pistol. I will put an ACE folder on it, Battle Grip, and Midwest rail with an RMR on it. It will be one wicked little rifle I believe.

glock22357
01-05-2011, 16:04

I for one would appreciate a nice write-up on the optic in your picture. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like a Burris Fast Fire, or one of it's clones (probably all made by one company, with different manfacturers logos.)

I know that the Burris Fast Fire seems pretty small (as far as sight picture goes), but the sight/glass hood looks so thin, I'd imagine it kind of looks like a red dot floating atop your rifle.

Please post more pictures if you can, possible a shot from the shooters perspective if ya could, and share with us your observations on it.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw your video, and that's a Trijicon. Please post a link to your review of the Burris you said you were also testing.

Thanks.

NeverMore1701
01-05-2011, 16:07
http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=13

Sturmgewehre
01-05-2011, 16:27
I
Edit: Nevermind, I saw your video, and that's a Trijicon. Please post a link to your review of the Burris you said you were also testing.

Thanks.

Here's the link to the Trijicon, in the video you will see a clip showing the shooters perspective.

I missed the UPS guy today somehow, so the Burris will be here tomorrow. I'll hopefully catch him this time. If so, I'll post some initial pics (side by side) and thoughts about the optic. Hopefully I'll be able to get it on a rail this weekend and take it out to compare it with the RMR.

glock22357
01-05-2011, 16:41
Here's the link to the Trijicon, in the video you will see a clip showing the shooters perspective.

I missed the UPS guy today somehow, so the Burris will be here tomorrow. I'll hopefully catch him this time. If so, I'll post some initial pics (side by side) and thoughts about the optic. Hopefully I'll be able to get it on a rail this weekend and take it out to compare it with the RMR.

Thanks in advance buddy!

I googled both the Trijicon RMR, and the Burris Fast fire, and they look damn near identical, save for the hood shape surrounding the optic glass. The other difference appears to be that the Trijicon has several different models that inlude diferent illumination options for the RMR.....oh, and the Trijicon is WAAAAY more expensive.

I still think that the Fast Fire and RMR come out of the same factory. Please compare the two side by side and let us know what you think. We all appreciate you helping us spend more money.:rofl:

MrMurphy
01-06-2011, 01:12
The RMR is NOT the Fastfire. Trust me.

RMTactical
01-06-2011, 01:38
Eotech's are great sights. I prefer Aimpoints, personally.

Alaskapopo
01-06-2011, 03:21
Thanks in advance buddy!

I googled both the Trijicon RMR, and the Burris Fast fire, and they look damn near identical, save for the hood shape surrounding the optic glass. The other difference appears to be that the Trijicon has several different models that inlude diferent illumination options for the RMR.....oh, and the Trijicon is WAAAAY more expensive.

I still think that the Fast Fire and RMR come out of the same factory. Please compare the two side by side and let us know what you think. We all appreciate you helping us spend more money.:rofl:

They are not even close. You need to look at them side by side. Yes they are both head up style mini sights but that is where the simularities end. The RMR is way more durable than the Fast Fire. I killed a fast fire on my Saiga 12 with just recoil.
Pat

Sturmgewehre
01-06-2011, 09:01
They are not even close. You need to look at them side by side. Yes they are both head up style mini sights but that is where the simularities end. The RMR is way more durable than the Fast Fire. I killed a fast fire on my Saiga 12 with just recoil.
Pat

Did they replace it for you? I assume this isn't the norm given the sight is used on handguns and cycling slides pretty often.

I agree through, the RMR is what I would deem to be "military grade" while the FastFire is a civilian sight and probably isn't anywhere near as rugged.

glock22357
01-06-2011, 10:00
Pat

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/trijicon.jpg

http://www.burrisoptics.com/images/fastfireII.jpg

They look pretty damn close to me. And I'd be willing to bet that they come out of the same factory.

And one other thing Pat. Whatever it is that you do for a living, it must be good. It provides you with the funds and time to shoot so damn much, you've wrecked at least one of about every AR15 accessory out there on the market.

It doesn't matter what product comes up, it's gonna be something you've already tested and destroyed. This gives your posts a common theme.

OP; "Should I get a____optic/sling/accessory/magazine/rail/stock/scope/whatever?"

Pat; "Nope, I've used one of those before, and I wrecked in like 30 seconds. It's crap.":rofl:

stmcelroy
01-06-2011, 10:27

And I'd be willing to bet that they come out of the same factory.

:

Burris FFII - Made in Phillipines
Trijicon RMR - Made in USA

glock22357
01-06-2011, 10:29
Burris FFII - Made in Phillipines
Trijicon RMR - Made in USA

I was looking for just that information. If you can provide links to where you got it, I'd appreciate it.

Sturmgewehre
01-06-2011, 10:35
I was looking for just that information. If you can provide links to where you got it, I'd appreciate it.

Whoa, wait a minute.

What were you willing to bet? We have that debt to settle before he gives you any more information. :supergrin:

glock22357
01-06-2011, 10:48
Whoa, wait a minute.

What were you willing to bet? We have that debt to settle before he gives you any more information. :supergrin:

I have no debt to settle, what was posted doesn't prove anything. It could be like an "American" car that has 49.999% of it's parts sourced from over-seas, with final assembly done here. Made in America, right?

I'm mighty interested to investigate this, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

stmcelroy
01-06-2011, 10:52

Trijicon is easy. Burris isn't so forthcoming with it.

Googling had many owners answering that it was made in the Phillipines.

Seems like Burris would come and and say differently if it were made in the USA.:dunno:

JASV.17
01-06-2011, 10:59

And one other thing Pat. Whatever it is that you do for a living, it must be good. It provides you with the funds and time to shoot so damn much, you've wrecked at least one of about every AR15 accessory out there on the market.

I'll bet you one of those Trijicons, that he's a cop, in Alaska.

glock22357
01-06-2011, 11:35
I'll bet you one of those Trijicons, that he's a cop, in Alaska.

Cop jobs must pay well in Alaska, either that or Pat has been real smart and has very low living expenses. Either way, I'm green with envy.:supergrin:

mjkeat
01-06-2011, 11:40
Larue used to make a killer Doctor/Burris mount that replaced the rear site. They mention making it again but I havent seen it back in the catalog in a year.

Alaskapopo
01-06-2011, 12:43
Did they replace it for you? I assume this isn't the norm given the sight is used on handguns and cycling slides pretty often.

I agree through, the RMR is what I would deem to be "military grade" while the FastFire is a civilian sight and probably isn't anywhere near as rugged.

Yes they replaced it and they have great service. I just don't think its as durable a sight as the RMR. I had one on an AR15 in 9mm in a larue mount a few years back and it did fine. I think the Fast fire is a fine sight if kept off of high recoiling guns.
Pat

Alaskapopo
01-06-2011, 12:46
Cop jobs must pay well in Alaska, either that or Pat has been real smart and has very low living expenses. Either way, I'm green with envy.:supergrin:

I am single with no wife or kids to support. I have also been teased as being the guy that will buy a 2k scope but won't buy new jeans until they fall apart.
Pat

thisaway
01-06-2011, 20:32
I hope you good folks will excuse me, but I feel the need to add a little levity to this thread.

My EoTech 554 (uses AAs) gets much longer battery life than what most of you have experienced. Why? Because I turn it off after use! :supergrin:

In seriousness, though, I have only used it as a range sight. I also have a couple of Primary Arms RDSs. So far, I have enjoyed them all. I am hoping to get one of the Aimpoint Micros, too.

AK_Stick
01-07-2011, 10:39

It doesn't matter what product comes up, it's gonna be something you've already tested and destroyed. This gives your posts a common theme.

OP; "Should I get a____optic/sling/accessory/magazine/rail/stock/scope/whatever?"

Pat; "Nope, I've used one of those before, and I wrecked in like 30 seconds. It's crap.":rofl:

Some people like fast cars, some people like expensive vacations, some people like guns.

Between Pat, Euro driver, myself and a couple other guys I've seen post in just this forum, I'd bet we have north of 300K worth of weapons. On those guns go a variety of scopes/red dots/NVG's/Lasers/VFG's ect.

Sturmgewehre
01-07-2011, 14:14
Trijicon is easy. Burris isn't so forthcoming with it.

Googling had many owners answering that it was made in the Phillipines.

Seems like Burris would come and and say differently if it were made in the USA.:dunno:
They make no bones about it, this is prominently displayed on the bottom of my Burris FastFire:

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/1149625575_JeFYi-L.jpg

Sturmgewehre
01-07-2011, 14:24
And for reference, this is what's printed on the side of my RMR:

http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/1149632655_Fk3yf-L.jpg

Now, I'm sure some here will say "well, just because they say made in USA doesn't really mean they are".

Looking at the LED RMR and the Burris side by side, it's obvious to me the similarities end with the basic concept. Internally and externally (components, finsh, materials) they are nothing alike.

Alaskapopo
01-07-2011, 14:43
By the way as to the Fast Fire I don't want people to think that I think its crap. Burris gave me great service and replaced it. But I don't trust it on high recoiling guns nor would I trust it on a pistol slide mount. For 5.56 and 7.62 rifles its fine.
Pat

Sturmgewehre
01-07-2011, 14:44
I trust it will last quite a while on an AK-74, Pat. It has no recoil at all. :) I like it because it's water proof according to Burris, so I don't have to take it off to wash my rifle when I shoot corrosive ammo. I plan on shooting the piss out of the Burris on my Interarms AK-74.

Alaskapopo
01-07-2011, 15:17
I trust it will last quite a while on an AK-74, Pat. It has no recoil at all. :) I like it because it's water proof according to Burris, so I don't have to take it off to wash my rifle when I shoot corrosive ammo. I plan on shooting the piss out of the Burris on my Interarms AK-74.

One thing it would be nice to see you do on your youtube channel is this. Record some bench rest groups at 50 or 100 yards using your optic on the MI rail then remove it and try it again using irons with the stock foreend. To see if there is any difference in accuracy induced by the rail clamping on the barrel. I have been meaning to do this but have been too lazy since its been cold lately.
Pat

Sturmgewehre
01-07-2011, 15:21
One thing it would be nice to see you do on your youtube channel is this. Record some bench rest groups at 50 or 100 yards using your optic on the MI rail then remove it and try it again using irons with the stock foreend. To see if there is any difference in accuracy induced by the rail clamping on the barrel. I have been meaning to do this but have been too lazy since its been cold lately.
Pat
Yup, that's already planned. I've been having that discussion on another forum and all I'm waiting for is a warmer day where I can spend a couple hours outside (with my gloves off) uninstalling and reinstalling the rail system.

TexanOutWest
01-07-2011, 15:56
That's how it appears to me too, I've got 20/15 Lasik repaired eye sight but have astigmatisms. I liked the Eotech but it was one big old blurr.

While my Aimpoint blooms in darker situations, it's nowhere near as bad.

I've had the same Lasik procedure and my slight astigmatism doesn't seem to affect how the sight looks to me. I have a 552.A65/1, the basic 552 that takes AA batteries. Love it! It's been on my AR (where it is now), my 590 and an AR pistol. It's performed with flying colors. I personally have never fired a weapon with an Aimpoint sight. Sure, I've peered thru them a few times but never owned one. My biased $.02 and potentially worth both pennies.

Tex

KalashniKEV
01-09-2011, 17:06
And for reference, this is what's printed on the side of my RMR:

Are there any Jesus sayings on there?

:supergrin:

Sturmgewehre
01-09-2011, 20:17
This should clear up some of the questions about the RMR vs. the FastFire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5lZilgIwm0

You will get a good look at the two sights and see the similarities and differences.

Alaskapopo
01-09-2011, 20:51

You will get a good look at the two sights and see the similarities and differences.

I am debating between a Leupold Delta Point and a Trijicon RMR right now on my Saiga.
Pat
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/shotguns/Saiga.jpg

I love the Aimpoint but I want a larger dot (reticle) and I want to move the sight further back on the gun. and the mount I bought will not work with the Aimpoint.
http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/category.cfm?cid=1004,2008&PID=jk29i1334yuaxn&GID=

glock22357
01-09-2011, 20:58

Thank you, and I stand corrected.:supergrin:

Alaskapopo
01-09-2011, 21:17

Can you do me a favor and measure the distance between the two screw holes on the RMR vs the fast fire. Trying to see if I can make a mount work by drilling and tapping it just not sure if its wide enough.
pat

BBJones
01-09-2011, 21:56

Your you tube content is on point as usual. Very concise yet informative.

Only question left for the two is durability. You don't feel like dropping them do you? maybe bang with a hammer? LOL

Keep the videos coming please.

MrMurphy
01-10-2011, 00:49
Popo, the RMR/Fastfire don't share the same alignment setup as far as I'm aware.

Alaskapopo
01-10-2011, 01:00
Popo, the RMR/Fastfire don't share the same alignment setup as far as I'm aware.

I understand that. What I am wanting to know is if the mount I am buying will be wide enough to work with the RMR then I could tape the mount myself. (actually have a friend do it who is more mechanical) Here is the mount.
Pat
http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/category.cfm?cid=1004,2008&PID=jk29i1334yuaxn&GID=

Sturmgewehre
01-10-2011, 07:56
Are there any Jesus sayings on there?

:supergrin:

If there are, they hid them a little better this time.

Sturmgewehre
01-10-2011, 07:58
Can you do me a favor and measure the distance between the two screw holes on the RMR vs the fast fire. Trying to see if I can make a mount work by drilling and tapping it just not sure if its wide enough.
pat

I'll measure them for you by tonight, but I don't think the base plate is the same even if the screw holes are similar. The other issue is that the holes for the RMR are likely too close to those for the FastFire. If you're drilling and tapping an existing US Palm mount you will likely drill holes into the existing holes, unless you weld them up first.

Alaskapopo
01-10-2011, 23:27
Not going to be on a US Palm mount but rather on my Saiga Shotgun for three gun. Here is the mount.

I did get my US Palm mount in for my Saiga SL21 today and its cool thanks for letting me know about it. I mounted an Aimpoint R1 with my crappy spray paint finish to the rifle. It worked well. I can co witness the irons now.
Here it is. I will take better pics outdoors for better light when I can.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Optics/R1withCrappypaintJob.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Optics/blurrycowitness.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Optics/notquitecowitness.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/AK%2047/SaigaAKWITHR1.jpg

I like it better as I also could get rid of the cheek riser I had to use on the old mount.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/AK%2047/AKsideview.jpg