Anybody with a STI 2011 VIP in .40? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with a STI 2011 VIP in .40?

tango44
12-31-2010, 15:33
Hi, I have a good opportunity to buy a STI 2011 VIP in .40 for the right price, the gun comes with 3 mags, Blade-Tech holster and Fobus mag carrier, brand new.
So what do you think about this gun?
Good for CC?
Reliable?
Opinion, experiences, pro's, etc.
Thank you.
http://www.stiguns.com/guns/VIP/images/VIP_Aluminum_Main_320x240.jpg

Quack
12-31-2010, 16:23
the main thing about 2011's is getting the magazines to work right. they will most likely need tuning to get running properly. of my 6 mags that i bought for my 2011, NONE of them would function properly. the feed lips were way out of spec. another $100 to buy Dawson's magazine tuning kit and they are golden.

i've thought about getting a 4.15 Tactical, but found my SACS Professional that i couldn't pass up.

kld
01-26-2011, 19:17
I have the STI VIP in .40 S&W. Got it for my Birthday from my Wife three years ago. I like it a lot, have never had a problem with the mags. In fact after the brake in I have never had a problem with the gun or the mags. The recoil is less than a Glock 23. I carry it quite a bit. shoot it when I can. Good thing if you get it with three mags due to the cost of them. The people I know that try to shove more than 12 rounds in the magazine tend to have problems. It will hold 14 if you tune it, but can cause reliably issues. But if you compete you need the extra rounds. If you are getting a good deal I would jump. The weight is a bit more than a Glock 23 but less than a Sig. I will carry in a generic leather belt holster or IWB in a Crossbreed. I had to set up the trigger to improve over travel and reset. That was just to suit my preference. I think the factory must set them with a lot of reset slack and over travel due to it being a carry gun. Not a big deal to set it up the way you like it. GOOD LUCK!