What do you lube your trigger group with? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What do you lube your trigger group with?

AFPD118
01-01-2011, 18:45
Some say molly lube, wonder if that is good as it attracts dirt. So what do you use?

mvician
01-01-2011, 19:37
Whatever lube I happen to have handy.

MAJINKONG
01-01-2011, 20:46
Birchwood Casey Gun Oil with TEflon.. Teflon coats it.

Markasaurus
01-01-2011, 22:19
trigger group lube for a glock? Nothing!

It is metal on plastic in the trigger group, it does not require any lube nor does glock recommend any here. I leave it clean and dry.

Only the trigger bar at the back where glock says put a drop of grease or oil on it.
I pop out its pin and pull it all up out of the frame an inch or two. No reason to remove the front two pins just to lube this.
This allows the parts to be spread apart and one drop of grease smeared at the contact point as glock strongly recommends.

You can use oil or clp but oil runs off and i think, teflon or no teflon, clp may be too light for this lubrication point.

Hoser
01-01-2011, 22:23
I like Molly Slide or the little vial of goo that came with my Geissele triggers.

NeverMore1701
01-01-2011, 22:41

It is metal on plastic in the trigger group, it does not require any lube nor does glock recommend any here. I leave it clean and dry.

Only the trigger bar at the back where glock says put a drop of grease or oil on it.
I pop out its pin and pull it all up out of the frame an inch or two. No reason to remove the front two pins just to lube this.
This allows the parts to be spread apart and one drop of grease smeared at the contact point as glock strongly recommends.

You can use oil or clp but oil runs off and i think, teflon or no teflon, clp may be too light for this lubrication point.

WTF does a glock have to do with anything>

NeverMore1701
01-01-2011, 22:42
I like Molly Slide or the little vial of goo that came with my Geissele triggers.

I've been using the little vial of goo that came with my Geisseles. But I don't usually mess with it, just the upper/BCG.

boomhower
01-01-2011, 22:43

This is Black Rifle, not General Glocking.