Bushmaster carbon AR [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster carbon AR

J. Parker
01-03-2011, 19:27
I'm not an AR guy but I was wondering about a Bushmaster carbon AR? Good/bad? Advice would be great. Going price?

~Thanks good folks.......John

mjkeat
01-03-2011, 19:29
Bad, unless youd enjoy your AR blowing up in your face.

Brass Nazi
01-03-2011, 19:36
Bad, unless youd enjoy your AR blowing up in your face.

I am surprised that they are not the Glock shooter's rifle of choice:rofl:

surf
01-03-2011, 19:47
I could tell you the facts in regards to all of the deficiencies of a Bushmaster, but then I would be accused of being a brand name AR snob. A search of this forum on Bushmaster should reveal much info.

Suffice it to say that there are much better choices for right around the same pricing.

NeverMore1701
01-03-2011, 20:51
I could tell you the facts in regards to all of the deficiencies of a Bushmaster, but then I would be accused of being a brand name AR snob. A search of this forum on Bushmaster should reveal much info.

Suffice it to say that there are much better choices for right around the same pricing.

And the carbon is even worse!

jobob
01-03-2011, 22:43
I have several Bushmasters, and they are all excellent arms. One is a Carbon 15 I bought for my wife. It hasn't been shot a lot (600 rounds or so), but have had no issues. Also, I'm not worried about it blowing up in my wife's face, or mine either.

mjkeat
01-03-2011, 23:55
I am surprised that they are not the Glock shooter's rifle of choice:rofl:

My Glock doesnt have a carbine slide. A carbine upper on an AR wouldnt be my first choice when a forged one doesnt weigh much more. Its not worth taking a chance on it or BM cust. serv.

--

There has been a lot of these threads of late. I hate seeing people purchase something of inferior quality for the same price as something that'll shoot circles around it.

faawrenchbndr
01-04-2011, 05:56
Ten years ago I would have considered it.
Now, sadly, Bushmaster does not have the quality to be competitive, for ME.
Much better choices for the money, you can build a light weight KISS carbine
of a much higher quality for a little more money.

datnvan
01-04-2011, 10:17
got mine for $599 on black friday. got MOE foregrip, vertical grip, pistol grip, buttstock, and pmags. have less than 1K rounds and has never had a problem. great plinker. lets get some prospective, is this meant to be a military combact weapon? no, its a civilian sporting rifle. did a lot of research on this thing before buying and the only blown up receiver was an older model. this rifle has been around for more than 10 years. lots of happy owners out there. just because a few glocks blew up doesnt mean glocks are bad guns.

WITH THAT BEING SAID.....if it were the same price as a S&W i would have gotten the smith instead. only reason i bought the carbon15 was the pricepoint. got me into the ar platform and now I'm compentent enough to build my own, which i will be doing in the next year.

MrMurphy
01-04-2011, 11:23
Save your money.

mjkeat
01-04-2011, 13:38
got mine for $599 on black friday. got MOE foregrip, vertical grip, pistol grip, buttstock, and pmags. have less than 1K rounds and has never had a problem. great plinker. lets get some prospective, is this meant to be a military combact weapon? no, its a civilian sporting rifle. did a lot of research on this thing before buying and the only blown up receiver was an older model. this rifle has been around for more than 10 years. lots of happy owners out there. just because a few glocks blew up doesnt mean glocks are bad guns.

WITH THAT BEING SAID.....if it were the same price as a S&W i would have gotten the smith instead. only reason i bought the carbon15 was the pricepoint. got me into the ar platform and now I'm compentent enough to build my own, which i will be doing in the next year.

Just because only a few have blown up doesnt mean his wont. And if it did I dont believe he wants to wait over half a year for BM to fix the problem after going to battle w/ them.

Why risk it when you can get a forged upper?

grecco
01-04-2011, 13:39
I had a 9mm carbon,
great gun, no issues.

pag23
01-04-2011, 15:04
I picked one up from Cabela's during the same black Friday special... I don't plan to take it to the range every month, but it is the right choice for me as an occasional shooter.

Price was the biggest motivator but I agree with datnvan's post as a plinker and fun thing to do, especially with the changed out the handguards for a Picatinny rail and front grip.

There has been some changes with it regarding the forward assist and dust cover which the older models didn't have.