How replacement frames are processed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How replacement frames are processed

MrColtM4
01-03-2011, 23:01
Ok, so I've been reading some threads about replacement frames after KB and I read one where one person stated he got a replacement frame with a turn around time of about a week. Assuming he got a "replacement" serial number I'm wondering how this is done. I got to thinking and came up with a theory that I'd like someone who knows to tell me if I'm right. My thought is this, Glock ships crates of frames without serial numbers from Austria to a "free trade zone" somewhere in Georgia, a serial number is requested by someone for a replacement, a frame is picked and serialed, gun is then "imported" from the "free trade zone" into the USA with the appropriate paperwork to be filed with BATFE and VOILA! a replacement serial frame without the overnight shipping /long boat ride from Austria. How did I do?

JR
01-04-2011, 13:10
WRONG on all accounts!

Once a serial number has been issued the actual manufacture can never issue that number again. All replacement frames have a unique serial number that begins with the letter "S". BTW: Replacement slides begin with the letter "L".

MrColtM4
01-04-2011, 20:56
So what happened to the often written about 1- prefix for replacement frames? I got the impression the destroyed sn aaa111 would become 1-aaa111 is this no longer the case?

JR
01-05-2011, 17:04
Never heard or seen such a thing? Please by all means post a pic if you have one?