What the heck is SIG building their guns from? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is SIG building their guns from?

PlayboyPenguin
01-05-2011, 02:59
Are they sure the slides are steel and not lead?

I absolutely love my SIG pistols, but every time I compare a SIG to a similar size competitor the SIG is almost always substantially heavier.

Is there a design reason for this? Do they use a different steel? What? :)

lawdog734
01-05-2011, 08:58
I don't know but I prefer my gun to have some weight to them

Defender77
01-07-2011, 13:46
I wish my SIG was lighter too, but it is a very well balanced gun in my noob opinion.

The weight I think really helps with controlling recoil and with follow-up, rapidfire shots.

I can rapid-fire easily vs other guns.

8th SPS USAF
01-07-2011, 15:37
Try an older Sig without the SS slide or a Carry instead of full size slide.

8th

zorba
01-15-2011, 18:06
I believe my Sig P239 frame is made out of a single block of aircraft grade aluminum. I find the weight helps with recoil and the DA/SA trigger gives me the ability for quicker follow up shots. Sig Sauer makes high quality weapons.

Superfueler
01-18-2011, 08:41
Unobtainium

Defender77
01-19-2011, 18:18
I believe my Sig P239 frame is made out of a single block of aircraft grade aluminum. I find the weight helps with recoil and the DA/SA trigger gives me the ability for quicker follow up shots. Sig Sauer makes high quality weapons.

If I compare my SIG with my other handgun, Smith & Wesson 5906 (both are 9mm)

...by holding the SIG in my hand and trying to rotate my hand and the gun, it is very hard to do because most of the weight is in the slide/barrel area.

...as a result, the sights stay on target a lot easier

If I hold my Smith in my hand and try to rotate my hand and the gun, it is very easy to do because most of the weight is not in the barrel/slide, it's in the grip and where the magazine is.

Snak3
01-19-2011, 21:26
The slides seems to be very thick, which would naturally cause more weight. As some other have stated, I like my gun to feel solid and have some weight to them. Not Ruger P89 heavy, but heavier feeling than more polymer pistols.