Luke Volkmann Resigns from His own Company [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Luke Volkmann Resigns from His own Company

Rinspeed
01-05-2011, 08:29
Very strange, seen this on a couple of the forums. :dunno:

Hello, this is Luke Volkmann.
Another individual and I own equal shares in Volkmann Custom, Inc. He and I have recently had serious disagreements over the operation of the company. Those disagreements have made it impossible for me to work as the company's gun builder. Since there is no immediate solution to our differences, and since he would not permit me to do the work to complete current pistol orders, I have resigned as an employee and manager of the business. If you have questions or concerns about work in progress at the company, I encourage you to speak to George Horne at 303-237-1300. I realize that this turmoil may have inconvenienced some of you who are in Que for my builds. Though the circumstances were beyond my control, I truly apologize for any confusion or concern that any client of mine has experienced. Those of you who wish to have your custom 1911 still built by me personally, may contact me at Volkmann Precision, LLC. I am the sole owner and gun builder of the business. My new shop, equipment and tooling will only better the product I create. Of course, I will hand build your pistol one at a time as i did before and there will be no other gunsmiths involved in the process. My goal is to be up and running by March 2011. This will put back my previous build schedule by only a few months. If you feel you have been negatively effected by my departure from Volkmann Custom, Inc., please let me know and i will do my best to make right with you. My contact number is 303-884-8654. Thank you for your business and support, I appreciate both and will do whatever it takes to keep them. I truly look forward to working for you in the future at Volkmann Precision, LLC.
Thank You

Hokie1911
01-05-2011, 08:44
Sucks for the guys with unfinished guns.

Jim Watson
01-05-2011, 09:21
Not the first gunsmith (or other craftsman) who found the step from a one man operation to dealing with a partner or employees too big. I once went 'round and 'round with a highly touted gunsmith whose hired hands did not do the quality of work that got him all his gunzine plugs.

pistolwrench
01-05-2011, 09:31
My boss is a real jerk.
I quit this place about twice a week!
Then the mailman brings fresh bills........
and back to work I go.

thecableguy
01-05-2011, 09:34
My boss is a real jerk.
and back to work I go.

:rofl::rofl:

MD357
01-05-2011, 10:29
Doesn't seem to be a big deal, his partner is obviously as dumb as they come in a business sense. What's the point in pissing off your only source of revenue? Either way, all he's doing is switching "companies."

Cerebrus
01-05-2011, 10:31
maybe now that he has trimmed the fat so to speak, his prices might come down a bit.... :rofl:

bac1023
01-05-2011, 20:13
When I order mine a couple years ago, I spoke to George first and then Luke called me back to place the order.

George didn't seem all that knowledgable, in my opinion.

chrisman17
01-05-2011, 20:24
Sucks for the guys with unfinished guns.

I'm one of those guys, I hope I'm not out of $1000.00....

Officer's Match
01-05-2011, 20:26
My boss is a real jerk.
and back to work I go.

Yours too? Sounds too familiar...

glock2740
01-05-2011, 20:34
Sounds like a good move and that Luke just got rid of some dead weight.

Hokie1911
01-05-2011, 21:02

Damn man. That SUCKS. Hope you get your cash back. Did Luke start the build yet?

bac1023
01-05-2011, 21:47

I highly doubt it.

chrisman17
01-05-2011, 22:45
Damn man. That SUCKS. Hope you get your cash back. Did Luke start the build yet?

I don't believe so, he basically said I had to take it up with george to get my deposit back.

drc767
01-06-2011, 05:58
I don't believe so, he basically said I had to take it up with george to get my deposit back.

Seems pretty clear to me. You entered into an agreement for Luke to build you a pistol and provided consideration in the form of a 1k deposit. Luke walks away from the company and states he has nothing to do with orders placed with him before he left (the agreement was with the expectation of Luke building the pistols)....sounds like a breach of contract to me, due to the fact that if things stay the way they are, you are not getting what you bargained for; ie. a Custom 1911 built by Luke Volkmann. I would demand my money back, for sure.

bac1023
01-06-2011, 10:23
My boss is a real jerk.
and back to work I go.

:animlol:

bac1023
01-06-2011, 10:26
Not the first gunsmith (or other craftsman) who found the step from a one man operation to dealing with a partner or employees too big. I once went 'round and 'round with a highly touted gunsmith whose hired hands did not do the quality of work that got him all his gunzine plugs.

I believe Luke and George started Volkmann Custom Inc together.

bac1023
01-06-2011, 10:27

Seems pretty clear to me. You entered into an agreement for Luke to build you a pistol and provided consideration in the form of a 1k deposit. Luke walks away from the company and states he has nothing to do with orders placed with him before he left (the agreement was with the expectation of Luke building the pistols)....sounds like a breach of contract to me, due to the fact that if things stay the way they are, you are not getting what you bargained for; ie. a Custom 1911 built by Luke Volkmann. I would demand my money back, for sure.

I agree with Dave. Get your money back.

I'd get on the horn with George without delay.

chrisman17
01-06-2011, 10:28
This is the whole email from Luke.

Hello,
This is Luke Volkmann. Volkmann Custom, Inc has had a change of hands so to speak. I have decided to contact clients from my personal email list to inform you as quickly as possible about the company's future. The paragraph below will be public info posted on the forums this week. A few of you have pistol orders in Que as i type this email. please do not worry about the completion or your deposit. I give you my word that if you so choose, I will still personally build your 1911. After reading the statement below, please call me and we can discuss the options to proceed. If you would like to comment or ask any questions about the company's history or future, please call me at 303-884-8654. Since i am starting my new company Volkmann Precision, LLC from scratch, I could use any support you are willing to offer on the forums. I will have a new website up very soon with new contact info and email links available. Thank you very much for your business and friendship.

12/29/2010
Another individual and I own equal shares in Volkmann Custom, Inc. He and I have recently had serious disagreements over the operation of the company. Those disagreements have made it impossible for me to work as the company's gun builder. Since there is no immediate solution to our differences, and since he would not permit me to do the work to complete current work orders, I have resigned as an employee and manager of the business. If you have questions or concerns about work in progress at the company, I encourage you to speak to George Horne at 303-237-1300. I am confident that I have treated him and customers alike, with honesty, integrity and respect since Volkmann Custom, Inc formed. I realize that this turmoil may have inconvenienced some of you who are in Que for my builds. Though the circumstances were beyond my control, I truly apologize for any confusion or concern that any client of mine has experienced. Those of you who wish to have your custom 1911 still built by me personally, may contact me at Volkmann Precision, LLC. I am the sole owner and gun builder of the business. My new shop, equipment and tooling will only better the product I make. Of course, I will hand build your pistol one at a time as i did before and there will be no other gunsmiths involved in the process. My goal is to be up and running by March 2011. This will put back my previous build schedule by only a few months. If you feel you have been negatively effected by my departure from Volkmann Custom, Inc., please let me know and i will do my best to make right with you. My contact number is 303-884-8654. Thank you for your business and support, I appreciate both and will do whatever it takes to keep them,. I truly look forward to working for you in the future at Volkmann Precision, LLC.
Thank You

Luke Volkmann

bac1023
01-06-2011, 10:37
Luke did seem like a hell of a nice guy when I spoke to him in 2008. If its for the better, I'm happy about his move.

He builds a great 1911 and, hopefully, his prices will be back in line a bit.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/ollituc/009-5.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/ollituc/011-4.jpg

CAcop
01-06-2011, 13:59
Luke did seem like a hell of a nice guy when I spoke to him in 2008. If its for the better, I'm happy about his move.

He builds a great 1911 and, hopefully, his prices will be back in line a bit.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/ollituc/009-5.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/ollituc/011-4.jpg

You going to get a Volkman Precision to match that Volkman Custom?

bac1023
01-06-2011, 15:28
You going to get a Volkman Precision to match that Volkman Custom?

I doubt it, unless I see something different from him.

There are simply too many others I want.

Hokie1911
01-06-2011, 15:31
I wonder what that does to the value of your Volkmann Custom? Personally, I think it dropped drastically. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands for $100. You can thank me later. :whistling:

Whiskey Six
01-06-2011, 15:57
I wonder what that does to the value of your Volkmann Custom? Personally, I think it dropped drastically. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands for $100. You can thank me later. :whistling:

I'll give you $110.:tongueout:

bac1023
01-06-2011, 16:24

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

RX7Boricua
01-06-2011, 19:18
Well then, this really sucks. I'm another one of the guys who put a grand down on a pistol before he increased his prices. I just spoke to him and he informed me that he will still go ahead and build the pistol with a $1000 credit applied to the price, but that it will take some extra time. I asked him about getting the deposit back and he stated that a bunch of guys have contacted George to get their money back but have not been successful. Kinda scary, I guess I'm going to have to just wait for my Volkmann Precision. :\

thecableguy
01-06-2011, 19:26
Well then, this really sucks. I'm another one of the guys who put a grand down on a pistol before he increased his prices. I just spoke to him and he informed me that he will still go ahead and build the pistol with a $1000 credit applied to the price, but that it will take some extra time. I asked him about getting the deposit back and he stated that a bunch of guys have contacted George to get their money back but have not been successful. Kinda scary, I guess I'm going to have to just wait for my Volkmann Precision. :\

I would just wait. You were going to wait anyways so a little more time shouldn't be anything. Who knows now you guy might get an even better built pistol. I wouldn't sweat it. The guy has nothing to gain by lying and everything to lose by not coming through for the customers that have paid the deposit.

RX7Boricua
01-06-2011, 19:32
I would just wait. You were going to wait anyways so a little more time shouldn't be anything. Who knows now you guy might get an even better built pistol. I wouldn't sweat it. The guy has nothing to gain by lying and everything to lose by not coming through for the customers that have paid the deposit.

Yeah I'm going to wait. I was supposed to have it around Christmas according to the original timeframe, but we all know how quickly time gets tacked on. He hasn't started building it yet, which is actually a good thing as he told me that the ones in process are currently being held up in litigation. I don't mind waiting at all, it's just scary to think that if he can't come through for whatever reason, it will be a messy process to get my deposit back. If it were a few hundred dollars it wouldn't hurt as much, but $1K is a lot of money to lose when one is no longer earning overseas military contractor pay!

thecableguy
01-06-2011, 19:36
Oh you mean money doesn't grow on trees around there? :supergrin:

RX7Boricua
01-06-2011, 19:42
Oh you mean money doesn't grow on trees around there? :supergrin:

Around where? The Middle East? It's sickening how much money passes through that area. I'm done contracting though, and I'm in FL making great money but a fraction of what I made overseas. Since we're on the topic of Volkmanns, I was also thinking of going with hard chrome instead of IonBond since I already have a black 1911. Everyone please discuss! This may help take my mind off the whole ordeal and perhaps ease my current pucker level. :)

thecableguy
01-06-2011, 19:46
Someone mentioned Hard Chrome hurry get Joe in here. :rofl:
I meant Florida but I had no idea about the middle east. Boricua what did you do over there if you don't mind me asking?

RX7Boricua
01-06-2011, 20:08
Someone mentioned Hard Chrome hurry get Joe in here. :rofl:
I meant Florida but I had no idea about the middle east. Boricua what did you do over there if you don't mind me asking?

Hey, I just want to change it up a bit! I never liked it at first, but it has grown on me quite a bit in a matte finish. FL just gets money from Disney and tourism it seems. Although apparently it's like the largest supplier of ferns, go figure. I'm an IT geek, worked for the military in Kuwait as a defense contractor. Long hours and a lot of BS to deal with, but the money kept me out there for 6 years. Contracting is interesting. You basically go out there with two empty buckets, a money bucket and a BS bucket. When one of them fills up, it's time to go home. Luckily I was able to acquire a BS dumpster when I got there. :)

bac1023
01-06-2011, 20:29

Wow. That sucks.

Hopefully, you'll get your pistol soon. I doubt Luke is going to let his name be ruined.

RX7Boricua
01-06-2011, 21:42
Wow. That sucks.

Hopefully, you'll get your pistol soon. I doubt Luke is going to let his name be ruined.

That's the only reason I'm not worried. I know Luke is a good guy from talking to him and seeing what others have said about him. I know he'll do everything he can to make things right. I'm in no hurry to get it.

chrisman17
01-07-2011, 08:31
Yeah looks like I can kiss my $1k goodbye... I haven't heard anything back from George.

Hokie1911
01-07-2011, 08:40
Yeah looks like I can kiss my $1k goodbye... I haven't heard anything back from George.

For $1k...I'd be more than a little persistent.

chrisman17
01-07-2011, 08:54
For $1k...I'd be more than a little persistent.

I'll be persistent, I've just been in the middle of litigation before and I know how long and drawn out it's going to be. Luke offered me the same deal, where he'll give me $1K, not sure yet if I'll take him up on the offer.

Hokie1911
01-07-2011, 09:12
I'll be persistent, I've just been in the middle of litigation before and I know how long and drawn out it's going to be. Luke offered me the same deal, where he'll give me $1K, not sure yet if I'll take him up on the offer.

If it were me and my chedda, I'd take Luke up on his offer. What did you send the money in for? A hand-built pistol from Luke. I have no idea who George is, but if Luke is still willing to build your gun and give you a $1,000 credit....that is ultimately what you wanted from the get-go.

Swenson Bobcat
01-07-2011, 11:41
I agree, I'd also take Luke up on that offer. How can he be more fair. Luke will build you a gun as soon as his new shop is ready.
As for me, I got my gun last month before the incident. It is his new LWCC (lLight Weight Combatant Carry) and is everything I could have hoped for and more. He built it to my specs and added a Novak gold bead and a wide Novak on the rear. I even went with the GRIPWELL which is great. The entire gun is in black IONBOND and he even had the Volkmann grip logos plated in black as well. The good thing here is that Luke is a man of his word and will build you a great gun.

RX7Boricua
01-07-2011, 12:03
If it were me and my chedda, I'd take Luke up on his offer. What did you send the money in for? A hand-built pistol from Luke. I have no idea who George is, but if Luke is still willing to build your gun and give you a $1,000 credit....that is ultimately what you wanted from the get-go.

This is my thinking. Hokie is wise. As long as I get what I want in the end, I don't mind waiting a few extra months. I just feel sorry for those guys with unfinished pistols on the bench. I don't know what Luke is doing for them. :(

Jose

bac1023
01-07-2011, 19:06
I agree, I'd also take Luke up on that offer. How can he be more fair. Luke will build you a gun as soon as his new shop is ready.
As for me, I got my gun last month before the incident. It is his new LWCC (lLight Weight Combatant Carry) and is everything I could have hoped for and more. He built it to my specs and added a Novak gold bead and a wide Novak on the rear. I even went with the GRIPWELL which is great. The entire gun is in black IONBOND and he even had the Volkmann grip logos plated in black as well. The good thing here is that Luke is a man of his word and will build you a great gun.

Very nice.

Rinspeed
01-07-2011, 22:00
This is my thinking. Hokie is wise.

Let's not get carried away. :whistling: :rofl:

Hokie1911
01-07-2011, 22:04

Seriously, Jeff. Apparently he doesn't know me very well. :tongueout:

RX7Boricua
01-08-2011, 16:51
Seriously, Jeff. Apparently he doesn't know me very well. :tongueout:

Oh sorry, I didn't mean in general... I was talking about this situation only. :P

Hokie1911
01-08-2011, 17:22
Oh sorry, I didn't mean in general... I was talking about this situation only. :P

I am not a smart man, Jen-neeeee.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/HokiePS7/76873fd4.jpg

bac1023
01-08-2011, 19:48

bac1023
01-08-2011, 19:49
I am not a smart man, Jen-neeeee.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/HokiePS7/76873fd4.jpg

:animlol:

Swenson Bobcat
01-27-2011, 10:20
I have received an email from Luke Volkmann that he has done the initial launch of his new website at: volkmannprecision.com
His new address and contact numbers are posted there.