just saved myself some money,sorta [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : just saved myself some money,sorta

woodrowNC
01-05-2011, 09:39
talked to the les baer lady who said no problem to the single safety, no problem to the naked slide, but i could not get vertical slide serrations. it comes just like the picture. that's about a 4 degree shift on a vise in a milliing machine. hey, i don't make my living selling firearms. cool with me. so now it appears the sa gi is back off to the sacs for about 1300 worth of work and excactly what i want. what a shame.

Hokie1911
01-05-2011, 09:54
Well, there's always Fusion. They will make it just like you want it...maybe. :supergrin:

That's a shame you have to "settle" for SACS. :rofl:

woodrowNC
01-05-2011, 10:00
Well, there's always Fusion. They will make it just like you want it...maybe. :supergrin:

yeah, i'm really hurtin going to some of the best in the biz. it's all good.

Hokie1911
01-05-2011, 10:09
yeah, i'm really hurtin going to some of the best in the biz. it's all good.

Yeah that's like skipping the BMW to get the Mercedes. You win. :supergrin:

samuse
01-05-2011, 17:36
I think you'll ultimately like the end result of the G.I. better than the Baer.

Baers are great guns and it'll be exactly the way you want it. As long as your name is Les Baer.

Rinspeed
01-05-2011, 17:43
Baers are great guns and it'll be exactly the way you want it. As long as your name is Les Baer.

Actually I think it has more to do with the fact that Baer's main focus is on building 1911s that are shot not ones that sit in the safe only to be brought out for pretty picture time. :dunno: :rofl:

rsxr22
01-05-2011, 18:38
I cant wait to see that SACS lovin

samuse
01-05-2011, 19:59
Actually I think it has more to do with the fact that Baer's main focus is on building 1911s that are shot not ones that sit in the safe only to be brought out for pretty picture time. :dunno: :rofl:

Whatever dude...

bac1023
01-05-2011, 21:05
I cant wait to see that SACS lovin

:agree:

youngAR
01-05-2011, 22:28
Wait in line with the rest of us ;)

I sent mine out in Dec. for a lesser amount of work. Can't wait to get mine and see pics of yours.

Cobra64
01-06-2011, 00:59
talked to the les baer lady who said no problem to the single safety, no problem to the naked slide, but i could not get vertical slide serrations. it comes just like the picture. that's about a 4 degree shift on a vise in a milliing machine. hey, i don't make my living selling firearms. cool with me. so now it appears the sa gi is back off to the sacs for about 1300 worth of work and excactly what i want. what a shame.

:upeyes: Huh?

I don't think you could survive as an English teacher either. :)

Cobra64
01-06-2011, 01:00

Is that a Penguin thingy?

Cobra64
01-06-2011, 01:03
Yeah that's like skipping the BMW to get the Mercedes. You win. :supergrin:

Hey, I drive a BMW!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cars/BMW5.jpg

Cobra64
01-06-2011, 01:08

Jeff, I asked Baer to build a bobtailed Monolith for me.

Their response...

http://www.openobject.org/objectsinflux/images/Pokia/handset.jpg

woodrowNC
01-06-2011, 05:59
:upeyes: Huh?

I don't think you could survive as an English teacher either. :)

let me tell you something friend. you don't know what i could survive as. i have never had and altercation, insult or otherwise with another poster on this board. and you're not going to be the first. if you don't think i'd make it as an english teacher, fine, i've done pretty well as a toolmaker for 30 yrs. if you didn't understand my post, perhaps a little remedial english composition will serve you well.

but just remember. this is the internet. i care less of what you think than i do the amount of dirt on the bottom of my boots.

woodrowNC
01-06-2011, 06:07
I think you'll ultimately like the end result of the G.I. better than the Baer.

should have listened to you sam. your gi and mine are gonna be real close. i just really like off. frames. here's hoping it doesn't take too long.

BuckyP
01-06-2011, 06:11
should have listened to you sam. your gi and mime are gonna be real close. i just really like off. frames. here's hoping it doesn't take too long.

I can't wait to see it either!!

http://www.frankjeffreys.com/mime.jpeg

:tongueout::rofl:

woodrowNC
01-06-2011, 06:17
I can't wait to see it either!!

http://www.frankjeffreys.com/mime.jpeg

:tongueout::rofl:

not excactly in the mood so the same goes for you.

GJ1981
01-06-2011, 06:19
here's hoping it doesn't take too long.

I'm still waiting on two smaller jobs that I sent them in August. With the Shot Show coming up, I'd expect it to be longer than you planned for.

woodrowNC
01-06-2011, 06:26
I'm still waiting on two smaller jobs that I sent them in August. With the Shot Show coming up, I'd expect it to be longer than you planned for.

well i've got a 82 series 70 coming from colts custom shop in a few wks, maybe that will hold me over. oddly enough, and i can't explain it, time seems to have slowed since my heart surgery. i don't know if thats normal or just me. maybe it'll just fly by before i know it.:cool:

GJ1981
01-06-2011, 06:32
Time goes by way too quick for me. I hate waiting but I've gotten used to it.

I think my GI was delayed because I went with bluing. It seems like bluing is less common on their builds, so they may not start the tanks unless there are enough orders to make it worth their while.

I dunno...

woodrowNC
01-06-2011, 10:03
Time goes by way too quick for me. I hate waiting but I've gotten used to it.

I think my GI was delayed because I went with bluing. It seems like bluing is less common on their builds, so they may not start the tanks unless there are enough orders to make it worth their while.

I dunno...

i just bought a base gi, parkerized, gonna get it worked and then reparkerized. maybe that'll speed things up a bit? i doubt it, but i've got 8 wks on my hands. 6 of which are no driving. probably gonna go apeship.

here's hoping yours hurries the hell up!

Cobra64
01-06-2011, 10:38
let me tell you something friend. you don't know what i could survive as. i have never had and altercation, insult or otherwise with another poster on this board. and you're not going to be the first. if you don't think i'd make it as an english teacher, fine, i've done pretty well as a toolmaker for 30 yrs. if you didn't understand my post, perhaps a little remedial english composition will serve you well.

but just remember. this is the internet. i care less of what you think than i do the amount of dirt on the bottom of my boots.

Excellent! :wavey:

"... the sa gi is back off to the sacs" :shocked: