1st AR purchase [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1st AR purchase

gomerpyle
01-05-2011, 16:29
So I've decided to get an AR. I've shot a decent amount from different manufacturers. Colt, BCM, Stag, Bushmaster, LWRC, Sabre Defense, and Noveske. I really enjoyed the Noveske, felt amazing in my hands. What are your guys thoughts on this as a 1st AR? I know it's pricey, but that's really the least of my worries, with the options it comes with standard it's on par with anything else. The 16" light recce caught my eye. This is for coyote, average plinking, a few classes, and some long range practice instead of my R700 .308

NeverMore1701
01-05-2011, 16:36
I've had a half dozen different makes, from all over the price spectrum. My current one is a Noveske, and is my favorite by far. Fantastic rifle, I have no reservations about recommending one to anybody.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/NeverMore1701/DSC01877.jpg?t=1294270590

TexanOutWest
01-05-2011, 16:49
I bought parts and "built" mine. I say "built" because there wasn't a whole lot of detailed installation. It carries an Ameetec lower with a RRA NM 2-stage trigger group, a RRA Tactical CAR A4 upper half with a RRA aluminum quad, chromed bolt and BCG, a 6-position stock, a Hogue grip and an EOTech 552. Total out the door was a little under $1200. Shoots wonderfully, is quite accurate and I was able to get the weapon I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. My $.02 and worth both pennies!

Tex

gomerpyle
01-05-2011, 16:50
That's almost exactly like the Noveske I shot, except it had an EoTech. There was just something about it and even though we were only at a 50yd max range, it was an absolute tack driver.

gomerpyle
01-05-2011, 16:55
I bought parts and "built" mine. I say "built" because there wasn't a whole lot of detailed installation. It carries an Ameetec lower with a RRA NM 2-stage trigger group, a RRA Tactical CAR A4 upper half with a RRA aluminum quad, chromed bolt and BCG, a 6-position stock, a Hogue grip and an EOTech 552. Total out the door was a little under $1200. Shoots wonderfully, is quite accurate and I was able to get the weapon I wanted for the price I was willing to pay. My $.02 and worth both pennies!

Tex

Ya I thought about building one. My skills would definitely allow such a task. But I like having a "road map" sort of speak. And I think buying a complete rifle would best suit my current needs (for a 1st anyway). I love a good project and the pride of building my own, but with my current home and work projects that's the last thing I need clouding my thought process lol. When I build something I tend to over analyze everything and make it the absolute BEST I can, I guess it's just a habit. I can see that bill coming out thousands ahead of the Noveske price.

mjkeat
01-05-2011, 18:15
Noveske would be nice. A BCM, Daniel Defence or LWRC would be good as well.

RMTactical
01-05-2011, 18:49
Noveske makes a high quality ar15. Expensive but high quality.