Gen 4 G36? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 G36?

Loyal
01-05-2011, 19:50
Should I wait for a Gen 4 G36 or take the plunge now?

Lockback
01-06-2011, 16:59
Should I wait for a Gen 4 G36 or take the plunge now?

Why wait?
The price will probably go up and you can't improve significantly on the original.
I think Glock has kind of mishandled the whole Generation 4 matter. Which is it: the fish gill serrations, or the old style? The new recoil system or the old one?
Ugh. It makes my head hurt. :crying::dunno:
Get a G36. You can't lose with it ... it's a fantastic handgun. And from what I've seen, the Gen 4 "improvements" may not, in fact, be "improvements".

Loyal
01-06-2011, 17:35
Why wait?
The price will probably go up and you can't improve significantly on the original.
I think Glock has kind of mishandled the whole Generation 4 matter. Which is it: the fish gill serrations, or the old style? The new recoil system or the old one?
Ugh. It makes my head hurt. :crying::dunno:
Get a G36. You can't lose with it ... it's a fantastic handgun. And from what I've seen, the Gen 4 "improvements" may not, in fact, be "improvements".
Thank you for the insight.
I'm in AZ, and from all the good things I've seen and heard about Glockmeister that is where I'll get it.
It does appear to be everything I need for concealed carry in AZ; small and light enough for shorts and T's most of the year, while still packing a punch. There are times when I sure would like to have more than the NAA Pug, or the K3PAT as a constant companion.
Thanks again.

JoeG19
01-06-2011, 18:10
Why wait?

What Lockback said. I bought one this month and had it to the range for the first time on Tues the 4th. I put 100rds of PD ammo through it w/o incident.

I asked my dealer (whom I've done a good deal of business with) when the Gen4 36s would be out. He said that he thought the 36 would be the last one done. There is more demand for everything else.

I am going to have to put +0s on my mag as I got pinched bad by the mag gap. I remembered too late that on my first 36 I had to put the +0s on to eliminate that problem. I will say this: The 36 is a KEEPER! - 'ole joe :cool:

chicky
01-06-2011, 18:18
Best 45 I have ever owned. G36.is great

NordicDude
01-07-2011, 21:35
Dude, you can not go wrong with the current version of the G36. I have ran over 5,000 rounds through it without any issues. I carry it on a daily bases in business attire -- it's easily concealable! Only once have I had to use it for personal safety -- that poor SOB is probably still running after hearing her bark.

FredZiffle
01-26-2011, 15:10
I bought one last week,0 rounds so far, but it sure looks sweet and feels like the grip is perfect.