Next time use a bigger caliber. LOL

Great pic!

I was using a 77mmx300mm.:whistling:

CanyonMan
01-07-2011, 09:06
I was using a 77mmx300mm.:whistling:

Pretty big caliber ! :supergrin:

Very nice pic RW.

I saw a buck on our place a few years back looked like this guys identical twin. (seriously) I was going to cull him out, but had my eyes glued on some India Black Buck that wandered on to our ranch and did not want to spook them by shooting Mr crooked horns. Looked just like this pic. Hey. Your sneaking on our place are ya? Kidding. :wavey:

Good pic amigo. Good caliber choice on the lens as well ! ;)
I like shooting with the camera probably as much as I do with the guns.

Have fun

CM

RWBlue
01-07-2011, 17:46
Hey. Your sneaking on our place are ya? Kidding. :wavey:

Don't temped me.

As I understand it, you live in a beautiful area with lots of wildlife.:wavey:

jdavionic
01-07-2011, 17:52
Very nice picture. Beautiful animal. Makes me hungry :supergrin:

CanyonMan
01-07-2011, 19:47
Don't temped me.

As I understand it, you live in a beautiful area with lots of wildlife.:wavey:

LOL... Yeh, I have been a very blessed man amigo.

A few pics if I may

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/GT%20stuff/IMG_0003-1.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/GT%20stuff/horseplay-1.jpg

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/GT%20stuff/pics102-1.jpg

I love photography. I had one of my camera's a 36 year old SLR Canon AE 1 reconditioned, and man it is my favorite. I am kinda old and set in my ways, so I like this over the digital stuff, although the digital's are really fantastic, I have 'one." ha But I do so love the older equipment I have.

I have lost (long long story) just about every really good photo, or frankly all photo's 'almost,' that I have shot over the last 36/40 years with various equipment. Made me sick, but as I said, very long story.

My wife and I were planning on starting our own shop in 1978 in Durango, Colorado and sell wild life shots to tourist. That got knocked out of the fire for us, so back to the ranch in Oklahoma Panhandle, now here in W. Texas.

I have often considered after 25 years as a guide to lay the hunting guns down and just use the lens. I'm almost there, not quite yet. Still got a thing or two "hunting wise" I want to accomplish first. Plus I am a real sucker for venison/elk and buffalo meat ! haha.

Rambled enough. Good subject for me to run off at the mouth on. Sorry. ha.

You get some more good photo's show 'em ! ;)

CM

RWBlue
01-07-2011, 22:32
I have often considered after 25 years as a guide to lay the hunting guns down and just use the lens. I'm almost there, not quite yet. Still got a thing or two "hunting wise" I want to accomplish first. Plus I am a real sucker for venison/elk and buffalo meat ! haha.

CM

I understand. If I had my rathers......I would hunt some with a gun/bow and some with the camera.

If you are playing guide, there is no reason not to guide people for all three gun/bow/camera. It really opens up the time you can spend in the woods. The DNR generally frowns on hunting deer in the spring, summer, but not when you are doing it with a camera. :supergrin:

CanyonMan
01-08-2011, 07:28
I understand. If I had my rathers......I would hunt some with a gun/bow and some with the camera.

If you are playing guide, there is no reason not to guide people for all three gun/bow/camera. It really opens up the time you can spend in the woods. The DNR generally frowns on hunting deer in the spring, summer, but not when you are doing it with a camera. :supergrin:

To clear that up.... Former guide ! I retired that long ago. :supergrin: Now it's just family and friends, and that is few and far between . haha

Yeh, I do some lens work as often as I can, and spring turkey season is a great time for it when everything is in bloom and later on when the cactus blossoms are budding out into a sea of yellow roses. Lots of little fawns around as well. et.

Well, good hunting, whatever you use !

CM

timberwoof
01-08-2011, 08:23
Good picture. Did the same type of shooting over the Christmas break. Well my wife did, I drove her around. I just wish we could have gotten the 12 pointer we saw at a distance. Before she could get a shot off it ran into the brush. That's probably why its survived so long.

alwaysshootin
01-08-2011, 08:34
Great snapshot RW! Any buck that size, at least to me if it's going to be shot is with a camera! At this stage of my life, midsized does is all I want. Jerky, chewable steaks, roasts, is more of what I am looking for.:wavey:

G23c
01-10-2011, 19:43
great pics! i can see how they'd sell.