How long will it take Mossberg? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take Mossberg?

Bullman
01-06-2011, 19:41
To resurrect the 500 Bullpup? With Keltec unveiling their KSG I just wonder if Mossberg will jump back into that game? After all, Mossberg has been doing some mighty funky stuff lately with the Chainsaw grip, breechers and other models with funky muzzle brakes, it seems like it would be a no brainer for them to bring back the bullpup, with some mods of course.

Think it will happen?

DaGroaner
01-06-2011, 19:51
To resurrect the 500 Bullpup? With Keltec unveiling their KSG I just wonder if Mossberg will jump back into that game? After all, Mossberg has been doing some mighty funky stuff lately with the Chainsaw grip, breechers and other models with funky muzzle brakes, it seems like it would be a no brainer for them to bring back the bullpup, with some mods of course.

Think it will happen?

They should blow past 500 and go all the way to 930.

Bullman
01-06-2011, 19:54
Does the 930 have an action spring that goes into the stock? if so it wouldn't lend itself to a bullpup configuration. Now, if it doesn't I agree whole heartedly, and say why not both, cover your bases.

DaGroaner
01-06-2011, 20:13
Does the 930 have an action spring that goes into the stock? if so it wouldn't lend itself to a bullpup configuration. Now, if it doesn't I agree whole heartedly, and say why not both, cover your bases.

It seems unlikely from the pictures I've seen but I've been wrong before. Frankly I'd like semiauto Shotguns to have a pump on them to clear jams and chamber the first round. It would be so much quicker than removing your hand and groping for a little handle and then reacquiring your grip.

fnfalguy
01-06-2011, 23:17
If they bring it back it will probably have a kick-stand or some other nonsense bolted to it!

Bullman
01-07-2011, 05:52
Or an actual chainsaw on the fore end, rofl.

Specks
01-07-2011, 09:25
Or an actual chainsaw on the fore end, rofl.

It works killing the hoard in Gears of War!

MrMurphy
01-07-2011, 10:18
They tried the pump on the SPAS12, which is convertible.

Didn't work out so well.

DaGroaner
01-07-2011, 10:50
They tried the pump on the SPAS12, which is convertible.

Didn't work out so well.

That's not exactly what I had in mind. I'd just like a sliding fore-end that operates the action.

aippi
01-07-2011, 12:27
They will not. None of these designs made any impact in the Market. Mossberg had one, High Standard and I think even Smith & Wesson may have had one back in the day. Of course this Kel-tec is leaps and bounds different to those old models. However, to think this new one will be a market hit is premature. What buyers want today can change tomorrow and the marketing madness of this new one will fade. Once it is out and getting thousands of rounds down range the proof will tell. If it is what is claimed it will find a Nitch Market and that is all.

I have read post on multiple blogs from hundreds of guys saying they are going to get one of these. Saying it and digging it to your wallet are two different things. I am also disapointed that more guys have not stated as I have that the thing to do is wait and watch and see how this weapon performs in the hands of consumers and getting the abuse only we can give a weapon. Add thousands of rounds down range and time, then and maybe then this model will prove it's self. Until then a smart buyer sits on their wallet. But we are becoming sheep and Marketing is heards us the direction they want us to go. Read all the post and you will see how right I am.

Bullman
01-07-2011, 13:16
You are right, no doubt. It is a good bling gun, and everyone wants bling. There are some concepts I like about it, the dual mag, it's compact, good capacity in a nice neat package, you can switch between mags to pick your ammo. But when it comes right down to it your right, if it don't work worth a damn then it won't be worth the money. I just think Mossberg has gone so knee jerk gadgety here lately that I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back the bullpup.

vafish
01-07-2011, 14:29
They will not. None of these designs made any impact in the Market. Mossberg had one, High Standard and I think even Smith & Wesson may have had one back in the day. Of course this Kel-tec is leaps and bounds different to those old models. However, to think this new one will be a market hit is premature. What buyers want today can change tomorrow and the marketing madness of this new one will fade. Once it is out and getting thousands of rounds down range the proof will tell. If it is what is claimed it will find a Nitch Market and that is all.

I have read post on multiple blogs from hundreds of guys saying they are going to get one of these. Saying it and digging it to your wallet are two different things. I am also disapointed that more guys have not stated as I have that the thing to do is wait and watch and see how this weapon performs in the hands of consumers and getting the abuse only we can give a weapon. Add thousands of rounds down range and time, then and maybe then this model will prove it's self. Until then a smart buyer sits on their wallet. But we are becoming sheep and Marketing is heards us the direction they want us to go. Read all the post and you will see how right I am.

From what I've seen any new model from Kel-Tec needs at least 2-3 years on the market before you should even consider buying one for self protection duties.

As for Mossberg making the bull pup again. If the Kel-Tec sells well I would be surprised if they didn't bring it back.

Victoriagotagun
01-07-2011, 17:31
If they make a bullpup shotgun again I hope its not like the one they did before.