g30 ftrb issue [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : g30 ftrb issue

egl1962
01-06-2011, 19:31
hi jr, i got one of the g30 sf's that has ftrb issues. it's a newer model with the 4256-1- trigger bar assembly which i was told is the one that was supposed to correct this problem. it also has the famous scratch that forms on the trigger bar by the trigger bar cam. i have had the gun ftrb with every mag i have for the gun. 9 and 10 rounder's. it always ftrb one the second to last round in the mag.. there is always just one rd. left when it does it. it averages two out of fifty rds. it always happens with hardball. i never recall it happening with good hollow points. i have about 7 or 800 rds through the gun so for. it does it just as much today as the day i got it. do you have any info on this or the fix for it. thanks

JR
01-07-2011, 14:52
I would like to see a pic of the scratch you are referring to? Unfortunately I have no idea what a trigger bar cam is?
I have no idea how or why the trigger bar would be responsible for this failure? Where did you hear this information?
The majority of Failure to Return to Battery issues are caused by improperly reloaded ammunition. Excessive case swell is the primary reason however OAL can also be a contributor. Are you using reloads or factory loads?

egl1962
01-07-2011, 18:37
I would like to see a pic of the scratch you are referring to? Unfortunately I have no idea what a trigger bar cam is?
I have no idea how or why the trigger bar would be responsible for this failure? Where did you hear this information?
The majority of Failure to Return to Battery issues are caused by improperly reloaded ammunition. Excessive case swell is the primary reason however OAL can also be a contributor. Are you using reloads or factory loads?
i can't do a pic but the cam i'm talking about is the part of the trigger bar that pushes the striker safety plunger in. the scratch is just below that part where the bar has that angle going towARDS THE FRAME. the scratch is caused by the slide when it cycles.i was told by glock today that on some guns the the trigger bar cam is to high and it hits the slide bottom causing a problem. my does hit because there is a mark under the slide from it hitting it. also i noticed a line forming under the slide from the tip of the ejector rubbing on the bottom of the slide when cycling. i think it is hitting that little hole under the slide that allows you to look down at the striker tip. because the line runs right across the hole. i only shoot factory ammo. whAT IS oal?

JR
01-11-2011, 16:22
What you are calling a cam is actually called the "Raised Vertical Edge"

Glock Inc has developing several different trigger bars to resolve the fit issue you are describing. The issue is related to the newer SF and Gen4 pistols more than any other series.

OAL = Over All Length