My Blog [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Blog

MakeMineA10mm
01-06-2011, 21:31
I wanted to invite you folks over to peruse my Blog. Looking for feedback.

I'll tell you right up-front that it's NOT about 10mm ONLY, and in fact, I just started it, so there hasn't been any mention of the 10mm yet. I WILL get around to the 10mm eventually, but right now it's mostly about 30-06...

It's really more about my personal journey getting back into reloading on a daily (or nearly so) basis. Have an adorable child who has been my world whenever I'm not at work for the most part, and so I've kind of fallen away from loading and been doing more typing about it on here, than actually doing it, and that bugged me. Well, now that she's 8 and getting independent, I still spend a lot of time with her, but there's times she tells me she wants to go to her friends' house, or she wants to read, or she's working on homework and will tell me when she needs help, etc., so I'm getting back into reloading and shooting, hopefully in a big way!

Please go check it out and give me some feedback. It's the first time I've ever blogged anything, and I'd like it to be interesting because others' being interested and responding will keep me motivated, and not let me get into a slump and watch that idiot box that's on the wall!! :supergrin:

Here's the link: http://glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?u=585

nickE10mm
01-07-2011, 06:37
I wanted to invite you folks over to peruse my Blog. Looking for feedback.

I'll tell you right up-front that it's NOT about 10mm ONLY, and in fact, I just started it, so there hasn't been any mention of the 10mm yet. I WILL get around to the 10mm eventually, but right now it's mostly about 30-06...

It's really more about my personal journey getting back into reloading on a daily (or nearly so) basis. Have an adorable child who has been my world whenever I'm not at work for the most part, and so I've kind of fallen away from loading and been doing more typing about it on here, than actually doing it, and that bugged me. Well, now that she's 8 and getting independent, I still spend a lot of time with her, but there's times she tells me she wants to go to her friends' house, or she wants to read, or she's working on homework and will tell me when she needs help, etc., so I'm getting back into reloading and shooting, hopefully in a big way!

Please go check it out and give me some feedback. It's the first time I've ever blogged anything, and I'd like it to be interesting because others' being interested and responding will keep me motivated, and not let me get into a slump and watch that idiot box that's on the wall!! :supergrin:

Here's the link: http://glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?u=585

Cool stuff. Mine is just turning 6 MONTHS old and I've got no time to reload lately, either. I picked a great time to buy a press, eh? :)

I'll check out your blog... sounds cool

crsuribe
01-07-2011, 06:48
Hmm... I get this "Fatal error: Call to undefined function ncode_imageresizer_replace() in /home/glocktal/public_html/forums/blog.php(3440) : eval()'d code on line 10"

Kegs
01-07-2011, 15:07
Will I be the first one to comment? :wavey:

MakeMineA10mm
01-07-2011, 23:22
Hmm... I get this "Fatal error: Call to undefined function ncode_imageresizer_replace() in /home/glocktal/public_html/forums/blog.php(3440) : eval()'d code on line 10"

Did you get it to work? The link I posted works for me. Of course, it pops-up a new window, so do you have security that prevents new windows from opening? That may be it...

If not, you can go towards the top of any page here at GT, and find the "blogs" button (next to the green "forum rules" button in the header). It will take you to the blog page that shows all the new blogger entries. Since I'm trying to make this a daily, or every-other day, blog, the link to me should be there any/every day.

crsuribe
01-08-2011, 14:20
Did you get it to work? The link I posted works for me. Of course, it pops-up a new window, so do you have security that prevents new windows from opening? That may be it...

If not, you can go towards the top of any page here at GT, and find the "blogs" button (next to the green "forum rules" button in the header). It will take you to the blog page that shows all the new blogger entries. Since I'm trying to make this a daily, or every-other day, blog, the link to me should be there any/every day.

Hmm.. when I click the blogs link I get the same error, so it must be on my side. I'll figure it out! Thank you!

EDIT: I got it to work with IE. Yay

MinervaDoe
01-08-2011, 19:32
It looks good, so I hit the button to "subscribe."

Feedback: I've never read a blog before . Are there different ways to organize them?
If you do diary style entries on a day to day basis, it would be tougher to follow and identify individual projects, so I guess the titles would be important to help people find topics they are interested in.

I can definitely relate to finally getting time to reload again. My son is 10 and he's gone from being high maintenance to being a fun, independent little person. My reloading setup has gone from occupying a little corner of my work bench to being what my workbench is set up for.

MakeMineA10mm
01-09-2011, 08:06
Hmm.. when I click the blogs link I get the same error, so it must be on my side. I'll figure it out! Thank you!

EDIT: I got it to work with IE. Yay
Great, that's good to hear. What browser wouldn't work with it, out of curiosity??

It looks good, so I hit the button to "subscribe."

Feedback: I've never read a blog before . Are there different ways to organize them?
If you do diary style entries on a day to day basis, it would be tougher to follow and identify individual projects, so I guess the titles would be important to help people find topics they are interested in.

I can definitely relate to finally getting time to reload again. My son is 10 and he's gone from being high maintenance to being a fun, independent little person. My reloading setup has gone from occupying a little corner of my work bench to being what my workbench is set up for.

MD - THANKS! I appreciate that input; I will definitely pay more attention to the Titles. I just started, so I wonder if there is another way to organize it other than daily diary-style entries?? I'll have to check that out.

Thanks for the input everybody! Keep checking it, as I'm really trying to stay diligent with it.

Kegs
01-09-2011, 18:49
Well I am unable to comment on your blog - I don't know if that is intentional, but tonight I can't seem to figure it out. :dunno:

I am reading the entries though and like I told you, whenever I zip past the 10mm reloading forum, I'll hit the link and have a visit.

I'll probably wait to drop a line when I happen to see something about 10mm on there, though .30/40 krag is (for sure) an interesting cartridge! :supergrin:

Just got done with forming and priming almost 50 .40 s&w and 150 10mm brass and will probably load them up tomorrow for testing 200 xtps in the .40 and testing 135 noslers in the 10mm (making a pet carry load out of these).

:wavey:

crsuribe
01-09-2011, 22:50
I was using Mozilla Firefox.. I think it had something to do with my ad block, but don't know for sure.
-------------------

What do you mean by "pet carry load"? Kegs? I'm unfamiliar with the term/concept..

MakeMineA10mm
01-09-2011, 23:56
Well I am unable to comment on your blog - I don't know if that is intentional, but tonight I can't seem to figure it out. :dunno:

I am reading the entries though and like I told you, whenever I zip past the 10mm reloading forum, I'll hit the link and have a visit.

I'll probably wait to drop a line when I happen to see something about 10mm on there, though .30/40 krag is (for sure) an interesting cartridge! :supergrin:

Just got done with forming and priming almost 50 .40 s&w and 150 10mm brass and will probably load them up tomorrow for testing 200 xtps in the .40 and testing 135 noslers in the 10mm (making a pet carry load out of these).

:wavey:

Hmmm... That's odd. I did check into the settings screen to see if there were other lay-outs (than linear diary-style), but I didn't change any settings for posting... Must be glitch somewhere? New update coming soon! :)

Kegs
01-17-2011, 08:45
bump for practical link.

MinervaDoe
01-17-2011, 11:54
bump for practical link.
:rofl:
That's what I'm doing too. I subscribed, but it doesn't show up in my usual list of "Subscribed Forums."

MakeMineA10mm
01-17-2011, 21:02
Hey guys! THANKS for the props! :wavey:

I got a new battery for the camera and have some fresh pics added to the last two entries which make them much more interesting!! Check it out!

:supergrin:

Taterhead
01-20-2011, 16:28
I read through the post on the annealing project for all of the .30-06 cases. That must have been a pretty cool homework project. I just wish I had that kind of time on my hands. That would be a nice skill to have in the tool kit.

MakeMineA10mm
01-21-2011, 06:49
Tater -- I'm STILL working on it!! :supergrin:

I had that Sunday when the wife had to work OT, but for the most part, I sneak in an hour or two every day or every-other day. I counted them, while I was emptying the collander and found I did 332 that morning. I sat last night for about 90 minutes and probably did another 400+ cases on the primer-crimp removal process. It will take me a few more days of solid work using the batch process one step at a time to finish all 1000...

Kegs
01-25-2011, 20:17
Weird glitch...

I can be logged into Glock talk, but somehow the blog does not recognize me as logged in.

I know this is a glitch because sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I went to comment on the bullet forming dies you are working with (which DO look cool) and I just wanted to say that it will be interesting to see what happened to them at speed when you run them through some millk jugs (e.g. how do the petals deform) - but I couldn't say that because I couldn't log in - Also weird - only a place to register - no place to log in on the page!

Anyone got any tips?

Any plans on that or do I have to click on page 2 to find out? :supergrin:

MakeMineA10mm
01-28-2011, 03:59
Hiya Kegs,
I'm not sure what is going on there. Eric (site owner) will probably have to look it over. I've had a similar problem using a different computer than what I normally use. In my case it was a cookie issue. I was going to clean out my cookies, but as I kept clicking around on different days on my blog, I eventually noticed my user-name was there, so somehow it took care of itself?? I then hit the "post to your blog" button, and it worked...

My advice is to clean out your cookies and log back in again, and see if that works. If not, let me know and I'll send a msg to Eric.

Kegs
01-28-2011, 17:39
I already put a note into one of the forums regarding that - but haven't checked the message lately. I requested a pvt. message regarding the issue, but haven't seen it yet.

I'll try again later...

Anyway, I liked that bullet die thing you have that shapes the bullets - neat!

Hiya Kegs,
I'm not sure what is going on there. Eric (site owner) will probably have to look it over. I've had a similar problem using a different computer than what I normally use. In my case it was a cookie issue. I was going to clean out my cookies, but as I kept clicking around on different days on my blog, I eventually noticed my user-name was there, so somehow it took care of itself?? I then hit the "post to your blog" button, and it worked...

My advice is to clean out your cookies and log back in again, and see if that works. If not, let me know and I'll send a msg to Eric.