EB Centennial question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : EB Centennial question

Pipedreamer
01-08-2011, 13:06
I am curious to know if you guys think any of the centennial 1911's will hold their value or increase in value. I am thinking of buying an EB Executive Elite Centennial edition: http://www.edbrown.com/centennial.htm
I like it and it may be a sound investment. I will have to save money for a while and I do not want to waste my money. It seems that they should increase in value over the years due to the limited production.:dunno:
Thanks for the info.
<!-- / message -->

Quack
01-08-2011, 13:21
the EECE will be made for the entire year, so if 5000 people order them, then there will be 5000 of them out there. not sure if the value of the EECE will rise like a Colt Centennial model would. If you are looking at it as an investment get a Colt.

If you want one, contact George (www.migunslingers.com) and put one $100 down and use his 12 month layaway plan.

bac1023
01-08-2011, 18:39
I doubt it. It should hold its value better than a standard model, but I just don't think there will be enough demand to make them collector's items. They don't really appeal to me at all, but I'm not one of special editions of any kind.

A Colt would be a different story. Again, not for me, but they would certainly become collector's items over time.

There's nothing collectable about an Ed Brown.

airflyer
01-08-2011, 19:44
I ordered one but I have to agree with bac and quack (that funny ) if you want one for you're self I think the price is good for what you're getting I wanted a brown to have and shoot so I got one for myself but I don't think , they will be any premium for them than any other Ed brown EE

thecableguy
01-08-2011, 19:49
I ordered one but I have to agree with bac and quack (that funny ) if you want one for you're self I think the price is good for what you're getting I wanted a brown to have and shoot so I got one for myself but I don't think , they will be any premium for them than any other Ed brown EE

:agree:
I also hoping to order one this year because I want a Brown and I like the looks of the this one and the price is right. I have no plans to keep it as an investment piece because frankly I don't think it will ever be a collectors piece. They are making them for a whole year so who knows how many are going to be made.

airflyer
01-08-2011, 19:59
It will be fun to see how many they have sold in one year 50 -200 ?

Hokie1911
01-08-2011, 20:00
:agree:
I also hoping to order one this year because I want a Brown and I like the looks of the this one and the price is right. I have no plans to keep it as an investment piece because frankly I don't think it will ever be a collectors piece. They are making them for a whole year so who knows how many are going to be made.

Shoot the bejeezus out that sucker. :supergrin:

thecableguy
01-08-2011, 20:18
Shoot the bejeezus out that sucker. :supergrin:

You know it