Mossberg 930 SPX safety [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 930 SPX safety

DRAGON1970
01-09-2011, 08:48
A metal safety made and sold by Brownells. This is a great alternative to the plastic factory safety. It is easy to install and to activate/deactivate. I ordered this and a bag of 6-32 fillister head screws for a total of $25.00. Just cut the screw to length using the old screw as a guide.

http://spinstage.http.internapcdn.net/Spinstage/userdocs/products/p_080000539_1.jpg (http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/l_080000539_1.jpg)

m24shooter
01-09-2011, 09:57
I like the Vang safety. I didn't really like the ski ramp, and it is a little wider on one end. The ETA is significantly wider. I know some people like the Brownell's version because of the ski ramp.
A lot of the replacement safeties will come with replacement screws so that you don't have to try to reuse or fab up a replacement.

DRAGON1970
01-09-2011, 16:53
This is great for 3-gun down here in Florida especially in the rain or when your hands are sweating. You can't miss and anybody can cut a screw.

itstime
01-09-2011, 17:03
I'm going to have to check those out. I may really like that ramp.

Ride5C2
01-10-2011, 13:25
I assume this is the "MOSSBERG 500/590/835 ENHANCED SAFETY BUTTON"?

Do you even need the screws, could I just get the safety and reuse the existing components / screw?

DRAGON1970
01-10-2011, 17:00
I assume this is the "MOSSBERG 500/590/835 ENHANCED SAFETY BUTTON"?

Do you even need the screws, could I just get the safety and reuse the existing components / screw?

Yes, that is the part. The newer shotguns have the "one way" screw. I used a dremel and a cutting disk to cut a slot into the head in order to remove it.

m24shooter
01-10-2011, 18:36
The one way screw has been in use for quite a while.
If you are careful you can reuse the factory screw. You will need to use a driver with a good edge, put the shotgun in a padded vise, and press down while turning. ETA: In many/most cases this can be done. In some cases, you have to cut a slot.
You can order the kit from Brownell's that includes the kit, and the Vang and ETA safeties come with replacement screws and wear plates.

DRAGON1970
01-10-2011, 19:49
The one way screw has been in use for quite a while.
If you are careful you can reuse the factory screw. You will need to use a driver with a good edge, put the shotgun in a padded vise, and press down while turning. ETA: In many/most cases this can be done. In some cases, you have to cut a slot.
You can order the kit from Brownell's that includes the kit, and the Vang and ETA safeties come with replacement screws and wear plates.

Thank you for the information regarding the Vang unit but this thread is about the Brownell's item as the Vang safety is inferior in my opinion.

m24shooter
01-10-2011, 19:52
Thank you for the information regarding the Vang unit but this thread is about the Brownell's item as the Vang safety is inferior in my opinion.
Oh don't mention it D, it was no problem.
As an aside, most of that response was about the Brownell's unit. I offered the info on the others just as an addition.