Reduced recoil stock replacement for S&W Model 3000 shotgun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reduced recoil stock replacement for S&W Model 3000 shotgun

GACajunGlocker
01-09-2011, 12:07
I bought a used S&W Model 3000 shotgun, 18.5" barrel. It has a mag extender, holds 6 in the mag. It has a recoil pad on the end of the wood stock but the recoil is still a bit much. I'd like to remove the wood stock replace it with a reduced recoil version. I've looked at Knox and Hogue options but could not tell for sure if they would work on the S&W Model 3000.

This particular shotgun(S&W 3000) is supposed to be a clone of the Rem 870 or so I thought. I bought a TacStar side saddle for the 870 in hopes that it would work. The two screw holes in the TacStar saddle match the locations of the trigger assembly pins in my Rem. 870 but the size of the screws supplied are a little larger in diameter than the pins in the trigger assembly in the S&W 3000.

All that to say that I don't know if a stock replacement for the Rem 870 will work on S&W 3000.

Any one know of reduced recoil stock options for the S&W Model 3000? If so I'd appreciate some options.

Thanks.

GoBow
01-09-2011, 14:09
An 870 stock should fit the receiver, the trigger housing cutout at the grip may have an open gap. Don't know anything about the stocks you mentioned.

I have a S&W 3000 for HD, but prefer to leave it as is. There's not alot of spare parts available for it if something breaks. Trick out an 870 if that's what you want. Best of luck!

WiskyT
01-09-2011, 15:09
Unless you have some kind of injury, reduced recoil buckshot should be shootable. The Remington 8 pellet 00 buck should be the lightest, though I haven't tried it.

Victoriagotagun
01-09-2011, 15:56
You could try to replace the recoil pad with a Limbsaver or one of their slip on recoil pads.

Combine that with low-recoil loads and you should be good.

GACajunGlocker
01-09-2011, 19:17
Haven't heard of the Limbsaver option...let me investigate that. I've been shooting regular Super X 9 pellet 00 buckshot....who makes the reduced recoil? I've also been reading about some shot that holds its pattern a little tighter. Is there a shell that is reduced recoil and has a tighter pattern in 00?

Thanks.