A good parts list for the 26 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A good parts list for the 26

cruisaire
01-09-2011, 14:15
Being a "new" owner of a "used" 26 (2.5 Gen), what/where is a good list of the parts that would be best to keep spares for? Nothing is that worn out now, but I'd like to have backup parts. :dunno:

JR
01-09-2011, 14:25
That’s a good question and one that is often abused by re-sellers. Your Glock is basically bullet proof if taken care of. Even the springs are good for several thousand rounds. This "use threshold" far exceeds the use of more than 85% of gun owners.
Our customers often ask why LWD does not offer survival kits (like a lot of other parts sources)? My opinion is this: What are the odds you are going to get a failure? Pretty slim if you want to know the truth. We offer all the parts for your pistol. If you want to play it safe and order up the springs that would be a good start. If you want a spare for every part in the gun, we can accommodate that too. We are not going to over sell you on a bag full of parts you will most likely loose before you ever need one anyway.

cruisaire
01-09-2011, 14:33
Thanks JR! I definitely trust what's there now, but figured there might be a short list of 2 to 5 items that are the most common wear items...just as backups. I don't plan to part company with this one.

JR
01-09-2011, 15:23
Springs are the most prone to failure

cruisaire
01-29-2011, 21:22
I took the suggestion and ordered numerous from LW. Headed my way now via UPS. A little piece of mind for me by having them "on hand" should things ever require them.