Suggestions for best low cost AR deal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for best low cost AR deal

G26man
01-09-2011, 17:36
I'm looking for an AR in the $750 or less price range, and I'm a real "bang for buck" shopper. Unfortunately that gets me into trouble sometimes, like recently I've had a bad experience with an AR produced by a local machine shop but I am getting a full refund so no more local brands for me, I'm going to stick with name brands.

I'm looking for a 16". A3, carbine or mid length gas system. I prefer lightweight barrels and don't really care for the M4 profile but I understand that is 90% of what is out there unless I build my own, so that's probably what I'll wind up with. I'd really like a chrome or WASP bore and a gas block rail rather than front sight but none of these are deal breakers.

I just missed a CMMG bargain bin special where they were selling scratch/dent m4 or mid length W.A.S.P. barreled ARs for $599! CDNN also had some good deals in their current catalog but they are sold out.

Any other respectable bang-for-buck web deals out there? Should I just keep my eye out for the CMMG bargain bin again?

moreammoplz
01-09-2011, 17:40
www.budsgunshop.com has some nice deals.

WhiskeyUnicorn
01-10-2011, 06:57
Look into DEL-TON's MOE series carbines. They're carbine length, but other than that they meet your requirements. We've sold tons! No complaints as of yet. They come equipped with a magpul moe grip, forend, and stock. Noice

Broncbuster
01-10-2011, 07:40
There is a company in Ga that does mail order to your ffl. I looked at some of their gun the other day. The have a Spikes lower with a Delton upper. http://peachstateguns.com/

boomhower
01-10-2011, 14:20
For new I would spend another $50 and get a Spikes and call it a day. Top quality with no compromises for a really good price. arfcom has a discount code for 5% off. JSE Surplus usually has some good lower end deal.

Just looked at JSE and they have a DPMS for $675. It's lightwieght carine gas system flattop. 5.56 chamber and chrome lined. Add a cheap rear site and you should be under your budget with shipping.

Captains1911
01-10-2011, 14:28
This is one of the best deals going in the AR market right now, top quality rifle at very competitive price. I prefer the mid-length:

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-m4-le-carbine-p-387.html

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-midlength-le-carbine-p-443.html

Use Promotion Code "ARFCOM" to save an additional 5%.

trlcavscout
01-10-2011, 15:05
Gunbroker.com had a lot in the range. They have new "ads" models wikth chrome chamber bore etc for 750. Del ton kits plus a lowere will get you in for around 650. Bcm can be had for around 800 depending on options you select.

Joshhtn
01-10-2011, 15:08
This is one of the best deals going in the AR market right now, top quality rifle at very competitive price. I prefer the mid-length:

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-m4-le-carbine-p-387.html

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/st15-midlength-le-carbine-p-443.html

Use Promotion Code "ARFCOM" to save an additional 5%.

I've heard that these are pretty good.

Quigley
01-10-2011, 15:54
CMMG Bargain bin!

G26man
01-10-2011, 22:27
CMMG Bargain bin!
Hopefully they will restock it soon. As far as I can see there are no rifles in the bin.

G26man
01-10-2011, 22:28
I found a BCM mid length upper at a good price but there are no hand guards. How easy is it to install a rail or hand guards?

1811guy
01-10-2011, 22:33
Del-Ton kit. $500 for a complete M4 carbine.

Captains1911
01-10-2011, 22:34
I found a BCM mid length upper at a good price but there are no hand guards. How easy is it to install a rail or hand guards?

Completely depends on the handguards or rail. Standard plastic handguards are simple, you can put them on in about 10 secs. Some railed handguards drop-in easily with no gunsmithing required. Other railed handguards take quite a bit of know how and the proper tools to install.

Petrie
01-10-2011, 22:47
My DPMS has been great.

Captains1911
01-10-2011, 22:57
My DPMS has been great.

That doesn't make it a good choice.

rascaldog
01-10-2011, 22:58
I was up at Budsgunshop in Lexington Ky. the other day and they had new Doublestars for 659.00

MCKNBRD
01-11-2011, 09:18
That doesn't make it a good choice.

What a d!ckhead comment!

You're not going to get a super-high-speed-operator-chart-certified rifle at the price point he's looking at. I'd venture to guess that 90% of the DPMS rifles sold in the past 5 years are working fine for the buyer.

Guy asks for some recommendations, folks speak to their experiences.

Then you come in and make an offensive remark. Jeez. Some people's children.

Captains1911
01-11-2011, 10:15
What a d!ckhead comment!

You're not going to get a super-high-speed-operator-chart-certified rifle at the price point he's looking at. I'd venture to guess that 90% of the DPMS rifles sold in the past 5 years are working fine for the buyer.

Hey *****hole, did you not see the recommendations I provided earlier in this thread? For the same price as a DPMS, there are much better options. Buying a DPMS would be foolish. Contrary to what you may think, you can get a high quality rifle in his price range, but guess what, it ain't DPMS. So my comment is completely valid. Now go pound sand.

ETA: And 9 out of 10 is a piss poor track record relative to other mfrs, not sure what your trying prove with that comment....

MCKNBRD
01-11-2011, 13:06
Hey *****hole, did you not see the recommendations I provided earlier in this thread? For the same price as a DPMS, there are much better options. Buying a DPMS would be foolish. Contrary to what you may think, you can get a high quality rifle in his price range, but guess what, it ain't DPMS. So my comment is completely valid. Now go pound sand.

ETA: And 9 out of 10 is a piss poor track record relative to other mfrs, not sure what your trying prove with that comment....

You know what? You're right. It wasn't such a d!ckhead comment, telling the OP that the guy with the DPMS made a dumb choice.

I stand corrected, and bow before Captains1911's infinitely huge AR knowledge, prostrating myself and begging forgiveness for doubting his sheer genious in tactfully giving advice online.

KK40384
01-11-2011, 13:39
What a d!ckhead comment!

For the money he's looking to spend there are WAY better options than a DPMS. I'm not saying they're bad in any way, and yes they're fine for what most people are going to be using them for. But if you can have more rifle for the money then why not? No need to get your panties in a bunch cuz someone suggested something other than what you have. :whistling:

Captains1911
01-11-2011, 13:58
You know what? You're right. It wasn't such a d!ckhead comment, telling the OP that the guy with the DPMS made a dumb choice.

I stand corrected, and bow before Captains1911's infinitely huge AR knowledge, prostrating myself and begging forgiveness for doubting his sheer genious in tactfully giving advice online.

If you're so wise, then what is your recommendation to the OP for a rifle in his price range? If you truly believe that DPMS is a reasonable answer, than you are not knowledgeable enough to be providing value here, it's as simple as that.

Daekwan
01-11-2011, 14:03
$750? Get the Spikes and be done with it.

mjkeat
01-11-2011, 15:00
You can do a BCM, DD, or Spikes for around $750-$850 . BCM upper - $385, DD BCG - $124, OE hand guard - $20, BCM lower $290 = $819

Thats a great price for a top notch AR you could probably take into battle. Why settle for a DPMS or any of those other manufacturers w/ spotty reputations?

mikekjg
01-11-2011, 15:23
You can do a BCM, DD, or Spikes for around $750-$850 . BCM upper - $385, DD BCG - $124, OE hand guard - $20, BCM lower $290 = $819

Thats a great price for a top notch AR you could probably take into battle. Why settle for a DPMS or any of those other manufacturers w/ spotty reputations?

This is exactly right, but you forgot a rear sight (MBUS for around $50). But to the OP, if you can only afford $750, I would just wait and save up the extra money and you can get a seriously great rifle for less than a hundred dollars more than your current budget.

NeverMore1701
01-11-2011, 15:28
That ^

mjkeat
01-11-2011, 15:33
This is exactly right, but you forgot a rear sight (MBUS for around $50). But to the OP, if you can only afford $750, I would just wait and save up the extra money and you can get a seriously great rifle for less than a hundred dollars more than your current budget.

I left out the $50 MBus because the lower end kits people have been mentioning dont come w/ rear sights either. Apples to Apples. Even then $869 for a bad ass AR is super cheap. You can save up $119 in a month or less eating PBJ instead of McD.

NeverMore1701
01-11-2011, 15:38
I left out the $50 MBus because the lower end kits people have been mentioning dont come w/ rear sights either. Apples to Apples. Even then $869 for a bad ass AR is super cheap. You can save up $119 in a month or less eating PBJ instead of McD.

Good point. I recently started saving almost $200 a month just by taking a lunch instead of eating at Subway or Chick-Fil-A.

mikekjg
01-11-2011, 15:44

Gotcha.

These threads have been popping up a lot lately, and there seems to be a trend in the answers (BCM, DD, etc). This is what some people would call a clue.

trlcavscout
01-11-2011, 15:59
Gotcha.

These threads have been popping up a lot lately, and there seems to be a trend in the answers (BCM, DD, etc). This is what some people would call a clue.

My BCM I just ordered was $861. And I sprung for the $45 charging handle, and not the cheapest stock. You could probably order one for $800. I couldnt find a DD any where in that neighborhood? Del-Ton, DPMS, Bushmaster, CMMG etc are all good guns for what they are, if you only have $600 and its an everyonce in a while range plinker only. But (and I hate saying this, or seeing it said) but "for a little more" you can have a better gun.

But in all honesty, most people cant afford to shoot enough to ware out a cheap gun, they wouldnt survive the SHTF, the zombies would eat their brains because they couldnt run fast enough to get away etc... I always tell people to buy what ever you can afford no matter what it is. I have had a $600 DPMS go thousands of rounds with no failure, and I have seen my A2 Colt mil issue choke at all the wrong times.

G26man
01-11-2011, 18:09
Thanks for all the great suggestions, and I appreciate every single input. To be honest, the way I see it the only reason to need a super high reliability platform like BCM, etc, is if I will be doing carbine classes, etc. regularly where I'll shoot 1-2K rounds a pop. I simply doubt I can afford to do that anytime in my foreseeable future. I also think its not realistic to believe you are going to survive 1000 round firefights in SHTF situations, unless possibly you are part of a militia, etc. So I think something like a DPMS/Bushmaster/Del-Ton, etc. will fill my needs. However if I can get something that is obviously better quality and will maintain a higher resale for the same or only little more then I would be stupid not to. All options are still on the table. I might spend $600 on a CMMG Bargain Bin or $150 (or more) more on something better, its just whatever strikes me as the thing to do at the time. Again thanks for all the great input.

mjkeat
01-11-2011, 20:38
Thanks for all the great suggestions, and I appreciate every single input. To be honest, the way I see it the only reason to need a super high reliability platform like BCM, etc, is if I will be doing carbine classes, etc. regularly where I'll shoot 1-2K rounds a pop. I simply doubt I can afford to do that anytime in my foreseeable future. I also think its not realistic to believe you are going to survive 1000 round firefights in SHTF situations, unless possibly you are part of a militia, etc. So I think something like a DPMS/Bushmaster/Del-Ton, etc. will fill my needs. However if I can get something that is obviously better quality and will maintain a higher resale for the same or only little more then I would be stupid not to. All options are still on the table. I might spend $600 on a CMMG Bargain Bin or $150 (or more) more on something better, its just whatever strikes me as the thing to do at the time. Again thanks for all the great input.

If youre considering resale as part of the equation you'll get more than the difference you paid back when selling the higher quality AR. If you can spend $600, $800 is easy. Its as simple as waiting a couple months. You wont regret the extra time.

Its not simply reliability. A lot of the lower quality ARs are not w/i spec. This can cause major problems w/ ammo and fitting other parts. Some will say you can upgrade your DPMS or BM. That is true but itll cost you more in the long run. Why pay for parts twice when you could have done it right the first time? You could find yourself at the gunsmith getting your new AR worked on or having to pay shipping to get things fixed. I dont know about you but having a range trip ruined because of a malfunctioning weapon is a downer. Whats worse is being w/o your AR for months while one of these hit and miss manufacturers such as BM and DPMS do warranty work. You add those things up and you could easily exceed the price of a factory reliable AR.

mjkeat
01-11-2011, 20:46
Gotcha.

I know, right. There should be a sticky like on one of the other sites. It could be called "Why You Shouldnt Purchase A Crappy AR With Your X-Mas Money."

My BCM I just ordered was $861. And I sprung for the $45 charging handle, and not the cheapest stock. You could probably order one for $800. I couldnt find a DD any where in that neighborhood? Del-Ton, DPMS, Bushmaster, CMMG etc are all good guns for what they are, if you only have $600 and its an everyonce in a while range plinker only. But (and I hate saying this, or seeing it said) but "for a little more" you can have a better gun.

But in all honesty, most people cant afford to shoot enough to ware out a cheap gun, they wouldnt survive the SHTF, the zombies would eat their brains because they couldnt run fast enough to get away etc... I always tell people to buy what ever you can afford no matter what it is. I have had a $600 DPMS go thousands of rounds with no failure, and I have seen my A2 Colt mil issue choke at all the wrong times.

You can even purchase a LMT upper for $450 +/- w/o BCG. As far as the DD goes check out www.smartgunner.com (http://www.smartgunner.com) around the end of the month.

trlcavscout
01-11-2011, 21:01
I know, right. There should be a sticky like on one of the other sites. It could be called "Why You Shouldnt Purchase A Crappy AR With Your X-Mas Money."

You can even purchase a LMT upper for $450 +/- w/o BCG. As far as the DD goes check out www.smartgunner.com (http://www.smartgunner.com) around the end of the month.

The LMT was going to be my choice, but $100 more (not counting BCG)and less quality didnt make it a very good choice. Although I can get them local.

mjkeat
01-11-2011, 21:21
The LMT was going to be my choice, but $100 more (not counting BCG)and less quality didnt make it a very good choice. Although I can get them local.

Who told you LMT was less quality than BCM? LMT is basicly KAC. KAC is probably the best period in the AR world.

trlcavscout
01-11-2011, 22:23
Who told you LMT was less quality than BCM? LMT is basicly KAC. KAC is probably the best period in the AR world.

LMT is good no doubt, I guess I worded that wrong. What I meant, and this is my take on it, I would have paid $100 more and not gained any useable difference.

Quigley
01-11-2011, 22:29
Might I also recommend a Stag or a RRA. I have a Stag upper on a RRA 2-stage lower that I put together for $790. It runs like a machine.

Captains1911
01-12-2011, 08:03

You can't go wrong with an LMT or BCM, both are top quality.

mjkeat
01-12-2011, 10:24
Might I also recommend a Stag or a RRA. I have a Stag upper on a RRA 2-stage lower that I put together for $790. It runs like a machine.

I have no personal beef w/ either company. I just cant talk myself into purchasing a rifle when I could have something better for a few more $s.

mjkeat
01-12-2011, 10:26
LMT is good no doubt, I guess I worded that wrong. What I meant, and this is my take on it, I would have paid $100 more and not gained any useable difference.

Cool, I see where you're coming from.

AFPD118
01-12-2011, 11:13
you should be able to get a Stag model 3 around $750 to $800

deputygene
01-12-2011, 12:23
This is how I got my current hunting AR for less than $750.
Plum Crazy Poly lower, DPMS free floated heavy 16" barrel, Burris PEPR mount, Bushnell Trophy 1x4 IR scope.
http://http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/deputygene/My%20guns/HPIM0670.jpg

Lots of rounds down range, good accuracy, zero problems. I am in the process of ordering another PC lower and doing a lighter weight build.
I am going to order the lower here

http://www.brasshoundgear.com/fire-arms.html

The upper from here

http://www.jsesurplus.com/customcompleteupperkit-16hbar.aspx

I will use another Burris PEPR mount and a Millet 1x4 IR scope.

deputygene
01-12-2011, 13:13
I built one for less than $750.00
Plum Crazy Poly Lower, $149.00 complete with stock.
http://www.brasshoundgear.com/fire-arms.html
JSE Surplus cheap upper $360.00
http://www.jsesurplus.com/customcompleteupperkit-16hbar.aspx
Burris PERP mount $69.00
Bushnell 1x4 IR scope $139.00.
http://http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/deputygene/new%20album/HPIM0670.jpg
http://glocktalk.com/forums/http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/deputygene/new%20album/HPIM0670.jpg

I have been happy with this setup, love the lower weight of the Plum Crazy lower, the trigger gets better with use. I am buying another one now and will mount a Millett 1x4 IR scope on it that I already have. If I didn't already have the millett scope I think I would try the Primary Arms scope reviewed earlier on this forum.

medic2258
01-13-2011, 07:52
Del-Ton kit. $500 for a complete M4 carbine.
^^^^^^^This right here!^^^^ I've got over 5000 rounds thru mine without a hiccup. I paid a total of $540 with shipping for it. Read the warranty relating to crappy ammo.

duncan
01-13-2011, 10:53
G26:

You've gotten feedback all over the map. Common for an Internet thread asking which should I buy.

Here are some basic principles or axioms to consider.

1. If you build it, less value, less perceived reliability

2. If it is a Frankenstein AR, less value, less perceived reliability

3. Resale in AR-15s is not a science and the condition of the AR drives the value as long as it wasn't a bargain basement build with clearly inferior parts

4. Never buy on resale value, guns are different than cars. And you always lose on resale UNLESS it is a high quality out-of-production gun like a rare 40SW HKP7M10. Otherwise, most guns barely hold value.

5. Police trade-in AR-15 rifles are a great value for a basic SHTF rifle

6. Most of us are not SWAT or FBI HRT so consider that crap when you read their posts. Most of us are not being deployed to the Middle East where we should have the best because your butt is at real risk.

7. Many of the uppers, lowers, LPK, barrels, forearms, are made by a few quiet and un-named machine shops around the County so the argument of buying a more expensive gun is more perception than reality - if you really know who is making everyone's parts

8. Buy guns on the reputation for customer service of the manufacturer - you'd be surprised what crappy CS these big namers give

9. Buy the darn AR-15 you can afford and buy several cases of ammo with it - or a reloading setup.

In the end, it's your targets and wins that will do the talking for you.

Lots of armchair commando's with expensive gear . . . and they still suck as shooters.

THEN comes the man, with one gun. The man Jeff Cooper and Elmer Keith warned us of . . . the man with only one gun.

He could not afford the fancy gun/revolver of the day. A simple man. But with practice, he could shoot the wings off of a gnat at 100 yards.

Get a good gun that runs and practice, practice, practice. And then practice some more.

Good rifleman skills wins every time.

AFPD118
01-13-2011, 11:07
Very well said Sir!

G26:

You've gotten feedback all over the map. Common for an Internet thread asking which should I buy.

3. Resale in AR-15s is not a science and the condition of the AR drives the value as long as it wasn't a bargain basement build with clearly inferior parts

4. Never buy on resale value, guns are different than cars. And you always lose on resale UNLESS it is a high quality out-of-production gun like a rare 40SW HKP7M10. Otherwise, most guns barely hold value.

6. Most of us are not SWAT or FBI HRT so consider that crap when you read their posts. Most of us are not being deployed to the Middle East where we should have the best because your butt is at real risk.

7. Many of the uppers, lowers, LPK, barrels, forearms, are made by a few quiet and un-named machine shops around the County so the argument of buying a more expensive gun is more perception than reality - if you really know who is making everyone's parts

8. Buy guns on the reputation for customer service of the manufacturer - you'd be surprised what crappy CS these big namers give

9. Buy the darn AR-15 you can afford and buy several cases of ammo with it - or a reloading setup.

Lots of armchair commando's with expensive gear . . . and they still suck as shooters.

THEN comes the man, with one gun. The man Jeff Cooper and Elmer Keith warned us of . . . the man with only one gun.

He could not afford the fancy gun/revolver of the day. A simple man. But with practice, he could shoot the wings off of a gnat at 100 yards.

Get a good gun that runs and practice, practice, practice. And then practice some more.

mjkeat
01-13-2011, 11:26
The thing is a lot of manufacturers make products of varying quality and price dependant on what the client wants. You get what you pay for. Nobody is suggesting the OP purchase a Taupe KAC SR-15.

Who says SWAT and the FBI are the only ones who need a reliable firearm? Do you want to be in the middle of a class you paid a few hundred dollars for when your bargain basement AR decides to check out because this or that is out of spec and/or breaks? Usually caused by cutting corners to lower price. Right there you've lost enough money to have payed for the more reliable firearm.

We're dealing w/ firearms not deodorant here. Spend the extra $50-$100 for a rifle from a well respected company. If you cant come up w/ the extra maybe you need to reevaluate your priorities. A months supply of Big Macs less in your diet will cover the added cost easily.

I would love to purchase one of these "bargin" ARs and thrash on it along side a BCM, DD, or etc. Id be willing to put money on the fact that these "bargin" ARs would proove just how much of a real bargin a BCM, DD, etc. truely are.

Im not going to purchase a used Yugo because I cant afford or need a Corvette. I cant afford the KAC SR-15 but that doesnt mean Im going to settle for the Bushmaster.

mjkeat
01-13-2011, 14:59
Use this code to get $50 off of a Spikes LE Midlength.

MIDLEUP - 50$ off Mid LE Upper

duncan
01-13-2011, 21:53
The thing is a lot of manufacturers make products of varying quality and price dependant on what the client wants. You get what you pay for. Nobody is suggesting the OP purchase a Taupe KAC SR-15.

Who says SWAT and the FBI are the only ones who need a reliable firearm? Do you want to be in the middle of a class you paid a few hundred dollars for when your bargain basement AR decides to check out because this or that is out of spec and/or breaks? Usually caused by cutting corners to lower price. Right there you've lost enough money to have payed for the more reliable firearm.

We're dealing w/ firearms not deodorant here. Spend the extra $50-$100 for a rifle from a well respected company. If you cant come up w/ the extra maybe you need to reevaluate your priorities. A months supply of Big Macs less in your diet will cover the added cost easily.

I would love to purchase one of these "bargin" ARs and thrash on it along side a BCM, DD, or etc. Id be willing to put money on the fact that these "bargin" ARs would proove just how much of a real bargin a BCM, DD, etc. truely are.

Im not going to purchase a used Yugo because I cant afford or need a Corvette. I cant afford the KAC SR-15 but that doesnt mean Im going to settle for the Bushmaster.

You're right. I spent the extra $100-200 on mine. I'm not advocating buying lemon guns just well-built affordable ones - if you get the chance.

If they have a U.S Government contract or their AR-15s are carried by sizeable LEAs, they are good enough for me. Competition for government contracts is tight in the industry and if you deliver a bogus batch, the contracting office will find out and that vendor will sell less and less each year.

Onto police trade-ins . . . Sometimes buying is all about timing - Colt steals a police agency account from Bushmaster or DPMS and that agency dumps their rifles. If you are there, you get the deal.

Many of the brands people are trashing are actually issue AR-15 in multiple police agencies. I know, I bought them and happily use them. Most LEAs have armorers too - so odds are the rifles have been maintained and have minimal round counts. Great guns.

YMMV but good rifles can be had affordably. After all, many agencies turn out their Glocks as police trade-ins too and I have benefited there too. $350 Glock - come on.

This is all personal choice.

mjkeat
01-13-2011, 22:16
You're right. I spent the extra $100-200 on mine. I'm not advocating buying lemon guns just well-built affordable ones - if you get the chance.

If they have a U.S Government contract or their AR-15s are carried by sizeable LEAs, they are good enough for me. Competition for government contracts is tight in the industry and if you deliver a bogus batch, the contracting office will find out and that vendor will sell less and less each year.

Onto police trade-ins . . . Sometimes buying is all about timing - Colt steals a police agency account from Bushmaster or DPMS and that agency dumps their rifles. If you are there, you get the deal.

Many of the brands people are trashing are actually issue AR-15 in multiple police agencies. I know, I bought them and happily use them. Most LEAs have armorers too - so odds are the rifles have been maintained and have minimal round counts. Great guns.

YMMV but good rifles can be had affordably. After all, many agencies turn out their Glocks as police trade-ins too and I have benefited there too. $350 Glock - come on.

This is all personal choice.

Im not a LEO so my only experience w/ issued firearms is through the Army. We were an infantry unit w/ multiple armorers. Our head armorer was a white glove wearing prick to boot. This said our weapons were still showing age and the signs of hard use. This might be why Ive shied away from the police trade ins.

Sounds like you have an inside track, lucky.

G26man
01-14-2011, 19:46
Bought my rifle today. Thanks again for the impressive amount of info and advice here, allowed me to really think through the issues involved. I don't know if I made the best decision that I could have, but I knew what I was doing thanks in no small part to this thread. I stayed true to my bang for buck nature and called CMMG and asked when they were opening back up the bargain bin. I have not heard anyone rag on CMMG like I have some of the others in their price range. Every first hand account I read is positive, and coupled with the bargain bin pricing it would be hard to resist. Well even though they took the bin off their web site two weeks ago they had a couple left of the style I had chosen of the two that they last had in the bin. One was a M4 profile carbine, the other a mid length gas system HBAR. Both 16". I went with the HBAR because I wanted the lower wear and additional sight radius. It has the WASP treated barrel/chamber/bore that I really wanted as well. $599. I believe it will suffice quite well for my uses, which will mostly be range paper punching and possibly the occasional shot across the field (200-400yds) at a coyote. When I can afford to do some high round count classes I can upgrade if it becomes necessary. Should ship by Tuesday so now the waiting begins!

MCKNBRD
01-14-2011, 21:58
Sounds like a good deal...keep us posted!

(and if you're in the Triad, lemme know! I'd love to see it/shoot with you!)

Byrdman

cciman
01-16-2011, 01:11
Amen... very good. Now can anyone suggest a sub $500 1911? Just KIDDING!

G26: