issues with larue mount [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : issues with larue mount

Liquid
01-09-2011, 20:53
a while back i bought a acog with a larue mount. i was thinking of putting the set up on my gsg (i tend to use the gsg a lot more then the ar). after installing the set up on my ar i never took it off. i tried to take it off earlier today and couldnt get one of the levers to move. the picture in the link below looks like the mount i have. the rear lever with the qd mount opens easily however i cant get the front lever to move. any tips would be greatly appreciated. i have a s&w m41 with on ultradot coming in this week. i would love to take both set ups to the range.

thanks

liquid

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=27

Captains1911
01-09-2011, 20:58
Loosen the tension on the QD lever that won't move. This can be achieved by turning the locking nut counter-clockwise.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=196996

Liquid
01-10-2011, 12:19
Thanks for info. So the qd lever adjust the tension of the other lever also?

Captains1911
01-10-2011, 14:06
Thanks for info. So the qd lever adjust the tension of the other lever also?

Huh? You can adjust the tension on each lever independently. If I understand your question correctly one of the levers is able to be opened, but the other is not. That's why i recommended you loosen the tension on the lever that is stuck.

The link I provided explains how to set the tension for optimal performance.

Hopefully this answers your question.

faawrenchbndr
01-10-2011, 14:41
About 1/4 turn on the nut counter clock wise should be enough to allow the lever to turn.
You may wish to look at the directions with the mount, they are NOT to be that tight.

Alos if it's a newer mount, the rear lever needs to be slid rearward before you can turn the lever.

Captains1911
01-10-2011, 14:48
About 1/4 turn on the nut counter clock wise should be enough to allow the lever to turn.
You may wish to look at the directions with the mount, they are NOT to be that tight.

Alos if it's a newer mount, the rear lever needs to be slid rearward before you can turn the lever.

Oh yes, very good point that I forgot to mention. Pull the lever lock rearward first, in the direction that reads "OPEN." before attempting to pull on the lever.