Benelli Thumb... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Thumb...

MacG22
01-09-2011, 23:53
Man, I just found a whole new way to get it. :rant:

I've had it caught in the action before and learned that lesson. But tonight was doing some drills on the range and was speed loading and the tip of my thumb followed in the last round or so, into the magazine tube.

I think I broke the damn thing. Chalk it up to one more thing I learned the hard way.

dorkweed
01-10-2011, 06:20
Man, I just found a whole new way to get it. :rant:

I've had it caught in the action before and learned that lesson. But tonight was doing some drills on the range and was speed loading and the tip of my thumb followed in the last round or so, into the magazine tube.

I think I broke the damn thing. Chalk it up to one more thing I learned the hard way.

The gun or your thumb????:dunno:

I've never had that problem with my SBE's either with or without gloves on!!! You must have small thumbs.

MacG22
01-10-2011, 10:41
Yeah, man, my thumb. Perhaps I'm too strong. But when I'm speed loading I can sometimes get it way past the retention lip. It happens in a fraction of a second, too. I try to keep my thumb as "up and back" as I can.

Even today it's still jacked. Tested it with the trigger gauge and it can handle about a half a pound of pressure before it feels like fire.

I'm an idiot. :drink:

MacG22
01-10-2011, 13:50
Just did it again. I'm going to the ER. FML.

MacG22
01-10-2011, 20:14
I can now positively confirm that a grown man can break his thumb--the tip, at least-- in a Benelli Mag tube. Completely sober. And certainly not a "benelli noob". That's just a little PSA.

Eyescream
01-10-2011, 22:47
Jaysus, Mac.

MacG22
01-10-2011, 23:37
Jaysus, Mac.

There 'aint nothin you can tell me that I haven't already told myself...

Eyescream
01-10-2011, 23:54
I'm just commiserating. lol

El_Ron1
01-11-2011, 00:11
Jaysus, Mac.

Jesus wept.

MacG22
01-11-2011, 01:17
I'm just commiserating. lol

I'm having a pity party...wanna come? All the cool people will be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aAg_ll28FE

Ron, you're invited too so long as you bring Pepe. Does he have a whiskey barrel, btw?

Eyescream
01-11-2011, 05:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aAg_ll28FE

:ack:

MacG22
01-11-2011, 11:50
:ack:

:rofl::rofl:

My first thought was..."is that even music?" I guess any kid can open a pot and pan band these days.

KilgoreTrout
01-11-2011, 17:49
are you going to play army tonight, or is your pinky still hurt?

dorkweed
01-11-2011, 17:50
Dude..............I asked this to the guys that I "snow goose" hunt with. All of them use Benelli SBE's. None of them have had the "situation" that you've described!!!! Snow goose hunting calls for some fast reloading unless you've got a magazine extension..............so, I dunno.............I tried to get my thumb stuck in there, and I couldn't do it!!!!!!! Go figure!!

MacG22
01-11-2011, 18:26
are you going to play army tonight, or is your pinky still hurt?

Not 'till the thumb heals. I get paid to help with handgun and shotgun training for some local LEO staff in the smaller towns.

But I'm out until my thumb heals. Money is money, though, and I hate missing out.

Dude..............I asked this to the guys that I "snow goose" hunt with. All of them use Benelli SBE's. None of them have had the "situation" that you've described!!!! Snow goose hunting calls for some fast reloading unless you've got a magazine extension..............so, I dunno.............I tried to get my thumb stuck in there, and I couldn't do it!!!!!!! Go figure!!

I'm wondering if the wrong spring or something is installed. It was a large amount of force. At least it felt like it.

Eyescream
01-11-2011, 18:51
The loading gate on my 1200's bit me a time or two, but not with any kind of real force.

You should send me that Benelli and I'll exorcise the demons out of it. Mercy!

MacG22
01-11-2011, 20:28
The loading gate on my 1200's bit me a time or two, but not with any kind of real force.

You should send me that Benelli and I'll exorcise the demons out of it. Mercy!

You would make that sort of sacrifice for me?

Eyescream
01-11-2011, 20:34
Indubitably.

MacG22
01-11-2011, 21:51
So I've spent some time trying to figure out what's happening. Looks like my thumb went into the mag tube a little bit, and then the carrier was coming down and trapping it. Then when I tried to remove my thumb, I was wedged against the carrier and the mag tube and by moving quick I just ripped it out and, thus, messed up my thumb.

El_Ron1
01-12-2011, 06:58
A Garand may not be for you either.

MacG22
01-12-2011, 11:16
A Garand may not be for you either.

Neve hard any problem with 'em. Or slidebite™, either.

But I had a gunsmith up here take a look at it this morning. He said the carrier plate is about a quarter inch shorter than the stock part should be. He's researching if the wrong part was put in at the factory or if it was filed or something.

I bought it "new" about a year ago. But that's the only history I have on it.

El_Ron1
01-12-2011, 13:05
Lawsuit! A million dollar injury! You're goin' home, Johnny!