'Drafts' being saved in 'Sent' file??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 'Drafts' being saved in 'Sent' file???

Obi Wan
01-10-2011, 15:14
I finally determined that I'm not really going goofy... at least not in total.

There have been times in the past where I've "misplaced" various emails, but none of them were big deals. However, the last few days I've been perplexed as to why I couldn't find evidence that I had either sent or saved a long email I was writing to a guy with lots of info on a subject.

I found it today in the "Sent" folder... but it shows in the margin box at the top that it was "never sent"... and shows no date on it as being sent. It should have been in the Draft folder automatically.

Any ideas as to how these dozen or so emails got from the 'Draft' folder to the 'Sent' folder but weren't actually sent to anyone, including myself??? :dunno:

JimmyN
01-10-2011, 15:58
The first secret you'll need to reveal is which email client you're using, or are you using web mail?

Obi Wan
01-10-2011, 18:43
The first secret you'll need to reveal is which email client you're using, or are you using web mail?
I'm sorry... MS Outlook 2003.

Sgt. Schultz
01-10-2011, 21:25
Tools - Options from Outlooks main window, then click E-mail Options from the Option's dialog Preferences tab - then click the Advanced E-mail Options button - then "Save messages" Options ... select the Drafts folder.

Obi Wan
01-11-2011, 11:19
Tools - Options from Outlooks main window, then click E-mail Options from the Option's dialog Preferences tab - then click the Advanced E-mail Options button - then "Save messages" Options ... select the Drafts folder.

I'll be damned. I'm familiar with that setup and I know I "used" to have it set to 'Draft', but somehow it got changed at some point. Strange... :dunno:

Thanks for the reminder! :cool: