Jumping on G4 19 bandwagon? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jumping on G4 19 bandwagon?

g9er
01-10-2011, 21:23
I have a Gen2 G19 and been looking to jump on the Gen4 bandwagon...only thing worrying me is that I have quite a bit of aftermarket parts already vested into the Gen2, like after market match barrel, disconnector, slide release, TFO sights, DPM recoil and last but not least...AA .22 conversion kit.

Will all my after market parts fit into the Gen4 without any issues, sans DPM recoil system? I think there is a bushing that I can buy to accomodate this?

Also, there has been reported issues in regards to spring issue for Gen4, has this been resolved?

Thx.

JR
01-11-2011, 17:55
Barrel, connector, slide stop and sights will fit. Recoil spring and .22 conversion will not fit.
Yes you can get an adapter to use the single stage recoil spring in a Gen4 series pistol.
Yes there are reliability issues regarding the feeding of the Gen4 pistols. If your pistol has an issue Glock has a few different recoil springs that should resolve it.

g9er
01-13-2011, 17:33
By chance, would you know what makes the Gen4 not fit the .22 conversion kit from AA? It is such a great training tool for me as the Glock trigger is not the easiest for me to shoot as I have a tendency to hit more of 10 o'clock or 6 o'clock while using stock barrel.

JR
01-13-2011, 20:29
Gen4 frames utilize a dual recoil spring. Gen3 frames utilize a single stage recoil spring.
The dust covers on the two frames are different