Crome bolt carrier group. Your thoughts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crome bolt carrier group. Your thoughts

southpaw45
01-10-2011, 21:56
Im about ready to pull the trigger and order a Rock River upper for the AR lower I just built. They are offering free upgrades right now for a crome BCG. Im not realy sure how its going to look but Im not to crazy about it. I would order it is there is an advantage to having a crome bolt. The only thing I could think of is that it might be easier to clean. Is there an advantage to having a crome bolt? What would you do? Im on the fence on this one. Thanks for your input. Heres the Upper. >>> http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=271

RMTactical
01-10-2011, 22:06
I'd just get the standard BCG unless you are looking for improved reliability under lousy conditions. In that case, I would get a nickel boron BCG.

southpaw45
01-10-2011, 22:11
Aw Man! I just noticed another thread thats simular to this one. Sorry about that. I guess I will learn from both of them. Lousy conditions it wont be. Just using this rifle for casual target shooting and coyotes..

timberwoof
01-10-2011, 22:11
I've got a chrome carrier in my rifle, only because its a trunk gun. A grab and go rifle for patrol. I needed the extra reliability when I grabbed it.

mjkeat
01-10-2011, 23:34
They dont chrome it for looks

If its free go for it. Increased reliability is never a wrong move.