Action job on a 590 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Action job on a 590

JGguns
01-11-2011, 15:29
Hey folks, I did a search and didnt find anything on the subject. So with that being said is there any DIY action jobs I can do on a 590a1? I havnt got the gun yet. But I have had few different shotguns in the past and none of them had been able to come close to my winchester 1300 wich I stupidly traded away a few years back. The 870 and 500 were both acceptable but I am a tinkerer and figure if I can do it my self and improve on the gun I will give it a shot. I did small job on a pardner pump and it helped alittle but not much. But I really didnt go much beyond polishing a couple contact points.

Any help would be great. If not in a week or so I will post a thread on what I do. I am out to make a noticeable difference this time. Again its not that the gun needs it, its more like I want it to need it lol.

collim1
01-22-2011, 13:38
A little oil and about 1000 rds of shells will slick it up good. A few hundred cycles of working the action beforehand will give it a good start.

B.Reid
01-22-2011, 13:52
A little oil and about 1000 rds of shells will slick it up good. A few hundred cycles of working the action beforehand will give it a good start.

I concur!

Line Rider
01-22-2011, 15:13

Ditto, cheap 6 or 7 shot works very well.

B Coyote
01-23-2011, 08:20

This is the best action job there is.

bc