Best BCG on the market? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best BCG on the market?

trlcavscout
01-11-2011, 15:16
So if money was no option what would be the cats meow? I see all kinds anymore from chrome to NiB etc. I ordered a standard BCM for my newest project. I have ran all kinds of cheap ones and I have personally never had a failure so I am sure the BCM will run fine. But I see they even offer an upgrade? Is it lacking in any area other then cleaning? I use an old toothbrush (or the wifes if I am mad at her) to clean my bCG's and have never had a problem?

RMTactical
01-11-2011, 15:20
The NiB BCG's are the newest and greatest. They are made by a few different companies, like Spikes and Fail Zero (who does Spikes for them I believe).

The great thing about the NiB's is that they can run longer on less lube than the standard BCG. They are also suppose to clean up real well.

It's not that you would want to run them without lube, but they can go for longer in harsher conditions and with little or no lube for longer.

It's an upgrade over the Phosphate BCG's and the Hard Chromed BCG's, but you pay an extra $100 for it.

trlcavscout
01-11-2011, 16:40
The NiB BCG's are the newest and greatest. They are made by a few different companies, like Spikes and Fail Zero (who does Spikes for them I believe).

The great thing about the NiB's is that they can run longer on less lube than the standard BCG. They are also suppose to clean up real well.

It's not that you would want to run them without lube, but they can go for longer in harsher conditions and with little or no lube for longer.

It's an upgrade over the Phosphate BCG's and the Hard Chromed BCG's, but you pay an extra $100 for it.

I see BCM offers them for $199 vs the $139 for standard. I dont think I will have any problems with the standard. But if I want to be a super secret mall ninja that makes 1k shots while working as a SF operator I will need the NiB right :supergrin:

Have an SF day!

RMTactical
01-11-2011, 17:11
I see BCM offers them for $199 vs the $139 for standard. I dont think I will have any problems with the standard. But if I want to be a super secret mall ninja that makes 1k shots while working as a SF operator I will need the NiB right :supergrin:

Have an SF day!

It just depends on how hard you are going to run your gun and if you want/need the extra reliability.

I wouldn't say it is essential, but it is definitely nice to have if you have spare $$ laying around.

thisaway
01-11-2011, 19:14
I have a BCM IonBond BCG in my BCM middy, and I am pleased with it so far.

trlcavscout
01-11-2011, 19:19
It just depends on how hard you are going to run your gun and if you want/need the extra reliability.

I wouldn't say it is essential, but it is definitely nice to have if you have spare $$ laying around.

I know they say added reliable etc, but I have never had BCG issues with Colt A2/M4's and I have rode them pretty hard, a lot harder then I would ever run something I had to pay for! I may try one at tax time just to try.

RMTactical
01-11-2011, 22:00
I know they say added reliable etc, but I have never had BCG issues with Colt A2/M4's and I have rode them pretty hard, a lot harder then I would ever run something I had to pay for! I may try one at tax time just to try.

I feel the same way. I got one just to try. I don't think it is essential, but I don't mind having something that is "more" reliable...

mjkeat
01-12-2011, 09:28
two weeks ago I ordered a DD FA BCG for $124 shipped. I was fairly happy with the purchase.

Bushflyr
01-12-2011, 09:50
I have a couple of the JP Stainless (http://jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPBC-2) carriers and I have to say they're works of art. Perfect machining, and extremely slippery. The finish is QPQ (http://www.finishing.com/kolene/qpq/), which JP has been doing for ages.

fuzzy03cls
01-12-2011, 10:11
There's just no need for anything but a proper spec'd standard BCG. IMHO. To me it's all snake oil.
I don't think in years I have ever heard of a BCM failing.
There are so many tests & reports of rifle abuse, thousands of rounds without cleaning & some without lube never failing with a standard BCG. They don't fail in the military often either.

Bushflyr
01-12-2011, 10:19
To me it's all snake oil.

That stuff is great! I use it to lube all my guns. 101 other uses too. :supergrin:

RMTactical
01-12-2011, 12:54
That stuff is great! I use it to lube all my guns. 101 other uses too. :supergrin:

Haha :)

NeverMore1701
01-12-2011, 13:01
I wouldn't mind trying one of the FailZero BCGs, but don't want to shell out the extra cash. What's the scoop on BCM's IonBond carriers?

ColdBlooded
01-12-2011, 13:34
Robar is having a "sale" right now to NP3 your BCG for IIRC $120. I have heard good things regarding NP3.

boomhower
01-12-2011, 18:42
Robar is having a "sale" right now to NP3 your BCG for IIRC $120. I have heard good things regarding NP3.

$150+$120= better of going with failzero from the start. That's what I am going with at least. Last thing I need to finish off my rifle.

MAJINKONG
01-13-2011, 02:27
its good to have the fail zero or ion bonded BCGs. I was trying to get one, then i realized that i will not be shooting more than 2k rounds on any given sunday.. i will just stick to a good quality bcg that is head-spaced to my upper.

TimP
01-14-2011, 14:33
I have a couple of the JP Stainless (http://jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPBC-2) carriers and I have to say they're works of art. Perfect machining, and extremely slippery. The finish is QPQ (http://www.finishing.com/kolene/qpq/), which JP has been doing for ages.

see above :)

indiegrind
01-14-2011, 17:16
I gotta have my guns run clean or dirty, wet or dry. I absolutely hate finicky weapons. Paying the 100 or 75 extra bucks for a bcg that will substantially increase reliability when the gun is dry and dirty to me is a minor investment. Not only that but reduce wear over the long term.

The BCG is like the most crucial part of the guts of your weapon..., but guys have no problem shelling out hundreds of bucks on tacticool stocks, optics, lights, rails, rail covers, magpul /vltor/tango down doodads and buis. I've seen enough and done my research to realize that this coating is not just a gimmick and it does what everyone is trying to do by forcing their DI guns to accept a piston modification.

The NiB Exo coating seems to be one upgrade that actually IMPROVES the performance and reliability of the weapon.

to the OP...the failzero or the spikes NiB (failzero coated) seem to be the cats meow. Otherwise if you want to go with a standard bcg, BCM, LMT, Daniel Defense.

thisaway
01-14-2011, 18:50
I wouldn't mind trying one of the FailZero BCGs, but don't want to shell out the extra cash. What's the scoop on BCM's IonBond carriers?

From what I understand, the IonBond coating is supposed to help lubricant better adhere to the BCG for increased reliability.