Kimber Pro Crimson Carry 11 Owners? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Pro Crimson Carry 11 Owners?

thinktwice
01-11-2011, 19:37
Hey Guy/Gals I just purchased a new Pro Crimson Carry 11. I was just wondering if there are any other of you that own one and how do you like it? I haven't seen much on the forums about this particular model. I have never had a gun with a laser, and my eyes aren't what they used to be so I thought it might be a good idea for me. If the bullet will actually hit where the laser is pointing that would be great for me. I plan on using it for my nightstand gun, and maybe some concealed carry every now and then. Are the laser's pretty accurate? How about the gun itself? Does it have a pretty good reputation? I haven't shot it yet, I just got it today, and can't wait to try it out. I am not new to Kimber's I have an Ultra CDP11 that's been great right out of the box so far. I guess I have about 800 rounds through it. Anyway I just wanted some input from you Pro Crimson Carry owners concerning the laser, and the gun itself. Happy with it or not? Thanks

bac1023
01-11-2011, 19:44
I personally don't care at all for lasers, but the gun itself is decent. I just wouldn't pay that price for one.

I carry a Kimber nearly every day.

airflyer
01-11-2011, 20:14
Congrats I have a pro carry not the same but my friend bought one like yours with laser, I suggest a practice routine in all lighting situations. lasers are not going to help poor shooting habits my friend found out quickly, he thought he could just count on seeing big red dot and found out it dose not always work that way in all tactical situations

ArmoryDoc
01-12-2011, 00:13
I own one but I've never been a laser fan. Mine works good, just don't care for the laser. In fact, I've taken the laser grips off and put regular Rose Wood grips on it.

TSAX
01-12-2011, 09:46
I've found the laser grips on 1911 to be pretty accurate out to 25 yards. I also like the rubber grip panels so a CTC 1911 grip laser works for me.

GOOFA
01-13-2011, 06:21
thinktwice... I just purchased the Pro Crimson Carry II a couple of days ago. I've had the Ultra Crimson Carry II since Oct. 2008 and a couple other Ultra Kimbers which I have added the Crimson Trace grips to. I was not and still not a fan of laser sights for the most part. Having to retire 10 years ago due to an injury and now being 55 and far from being as agile as I was prior to my injuries, I decided if I still choose to carry, I would have to look into using lasergrips. After spending some time with with laser sights, I ended up with the CT lasergrips. Just so you know, the CT factory has their lasers adjusted to 50 feet. Personally, I adjusted all of mine to 21 feet. This can be easily accomplished at the range and depending how picky you are within an hour. All three of my Ultra's are adjusted to an inch of the red dot. I will do the same for the Pro once it gets broken in. When your ready, just go to the range with the CT instruction book and tool and shoot away, you should be happy when all is said and done. One more item, calibrating the laser is accomplished by making small adjustments, like 1/4 turn etc. I've seen a few shooters make like 2 or 3 full turns and really screw things up. Good Luck.

GOOFA
01-13-2011, 06:48
Here's a few pics... the new Pro and 2 of the 3 Ultra's

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5289/5351410021_5bac6ef041_d.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5287/5351408927_8314399922_d.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5241/5352019514_db0c1c7c28_d.jpg

bac1023
01-13-2011, 09:16
Always great pics, GOOFA :)

thinktwice
01-13-2011, 18:32
GOOFA Thanks for that helpful information, and the great pictures. I'll be sure to take what I need to adjust the CT grips. I like you have never been a fan of laser's myself, however my eyesight at 58 are not what they used to be. I figure God forbid if I ever did have to use my gun in a bad situation the laser would help me in low/no light situations. That day has never come yet, and I pray it never will, but I do think I would feel a little more confident with that little red dot on the bad guys chest. ( if I could keep my hands from shaking) Anyway thanks again, to you and all that have replied thus far.