Bac, get one for your "kids" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bac, get one for your "kids"

Ruggles
01-12-2011, 02:35
http://1911-ispt.com/

They deserve the extra protection!

I recommend the Elite w/ the key chain carry method :)

:snoopy::snoopy:

bac1023
01-12-2011, 05:38
:rofl:

carloglock19
01-12-2011, 16:11
I was sold with the statement below from the site:

Thousands of workers have spent many years on the job site, without ever having an object fall on them. However, the prudent worker still wears a hardhat. :rofl:

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
01-12-2011, 17:10
I have one of these - EVERY Springfield I have ever owned has a super strong plunger tube spring. I CANNOT get the slide stop in without using a screw driver flathead.

On my custom shop springfield, I don't want to screw it up 1 day. So, I got this, and use it everytime for insurance.

The slide stop on my Brown goes in super easily, though.

NAS T MAG
01-12-2011, 17:32
I don't think Bac needs one, because I don't think he really shoots any of his collection.:tongueout:

Every gun I own, I shoot, Just takes a little time.:rofl:

Greyhoundman
01-13-2011, 18:17
I have one of these - EVERY Springfield I have ever owned has a super strong plunger tube spring. I CANNOT get the slide stop in without using a screw driver flathead.

On my custom shop springfield, I don't want to screw it up 1 day. So, I got this, and use it everytime for insurance.

Take a small file and put a small notch on the back of your slide stop where it engages the plunger, it will make pushing in the slide stop allot easier......Idiot Proof even.

Ruggles
01-13-2011, 18:25
I am all for the capitalist economy so more power to the folks for putting these out for sale :) More 1911s and 1911s stuff the better I say.

That being said I would just lose it if I had one so I will not be buying one but it is cheap insurance for sure.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
01-13-2011, 18:56
I am all for the capitalist economy so more power to the folks for putting these out for sale :) More 1911s and 1911s stuff the better I say.

That being said I would just lose it if I had one so I will not be buying one but it is cheap insurance for sure.

I keep it in my range bag in the package it came with - and yea, I don't want to scratch a $3k 1911, even once by accident...

As for the file idea above - but gun is hard chromed - I don't want to start filing on the slide stop.

upnover97
01-13-2011, 20:49
i just saw those on gunbroker tonight by accident seems like a good idea anyway.

Cobra64
01-14-2011, 00:22

Actually, there's a technique that makes it quite simple.

BEER
01-14-2011, 07:40
a business card does the exact same thing and is cheaper, you've got at least 3 laying around somewhere near you right now.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
01-14-2011, 08:12
a business card does the exact same thing and is cheaper, you've got at least 3 laying around somewhere near you right now.

Well, the guy had JUST come out with them when I ordered mine - so he actually threw in several. So, I have quite a few. It wasn't expensive at all considering that.

I used to use a piece of scotch tape. I've tried a card before, but it moves sometimes. Anyway, I like using it just on that 1 gun.

R0CKETMAN
01-14-2011, 20:16
You know it's kinda goofy, but just think of all those 1911's that could have been saved.

ctfireman
01-14-2011, 21:47
Cool idea i guess.

Big_Grumpy
01-14-2011, 23:21
Cripes, I'm a rookie and figured out the "secret" method in a couple of tries. Line it up a little below the plunger and press up and down at the same time. Shnick.