The GT Time Capsule - Will Close In 20 Years [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The GT Time Capsule - Will Close In 20 Years

Pages : [1] 2

Eric
01-12-2011, 15:58
OK folks. Seeing the link to that Methuselan thread in GT's 10mm club, I have decided to start this thread.

I want everyone to post a little about yourself and then pop in periodically to post your thoughts. Talk about current trends, fashions, issues (DO NOT turn this into a political pissing match!). Let's create some future history for our site.

If the site is still around in 20 years, and I hope it is, and this thread has not met an apathetic end, I hope it doesn't, we will close it and archive it.

I think it would be pretty incredible to log into this thread in twenty years and see twenty years' worth of our thoughts and jokes and lives looking back at me. What do you guys think? Eric

NeverMore1701
01-12-2011, 16:07
I think I'll be 45 :faint:

But seriously, I think it's a cool idea.

Z1232K
01-12-2011, 16:07
Sounds like a great idea!:thumbsup:

seanmac45
01-12-2011, 16:10
"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there" written by Leslie Poles Hartley. At the age of 49 I look back 20 years ago and really do view my neighborhood as a foreign country. We are so busy rushing through our lives that we don't take the time to enjoy what we have RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW.

That is what I would like to add to your time capsule. The knowledge that we should enjoy the present before it becomes our past.

Forgive the maudlin rambling.

Lone_Wolfe
01-12-2011, 16:15
I doubt we'll still be fighting the war in Iraq. At least I won't be.

Angry Fist
01-12-2011, 16:20
In 20 years, will we have a 20mm club? :supergrin:

Eric, you need to post in 8:40 for once...

Dinky
01-12-2011, 16:22
Am 63 now, don't think I will be here in 20 years but I hope this site will be.

Independent voter

Agnostic

OAF'er

And I like guns....

Gallium
01-12-2011, 16:29
NYC Drew's log; Tuesday January 12th, 2010.

It is fitting that on the 12th day of the year, we were shoveling 12" of snow.

Both of our mothers (me and the missus) are in their 7th decades. In 20 years they may not be cognizant enough of their surroundings to be aware of what the goings ons are.

Hopefully by then we have found a retardant for cancer, Alzheimers and diabetes.

A little more far fetched, but I hope that by then an enzyme, program, sequence or burst of knowledge makes it feasible to begin understanding women.

NYC Drew, out.

Edit to add: 6:26pm EDT
NYC Drew (http://glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24839)
CLM Number 182
NRA life member

Kith
01-12-2011, 16:37
20 years is a long time.

In 20 years i'll be almost 50.

It seems like the overall sense of morale well being displayed by people of my age group is not what it should be.

I generally get along with people that are 50 better then people that are 20.

Hopefully, when I am 50, i'll have the same outlook and get along swell with people that are 20.

That would be a great future, to have the sense of "what's right is right" come full circle back to what I believe it should be, and what my elders are nostalgic for.

Happy Hunting
01-12-2011, 16:42
It will be Pulse Cannon Talk in 2031. I don't care what it's called, as long as it isn't called Banned Talk.

Lone_Wolfe
01-12-2011, 16:42
A little more far fetched, but I hope that by then an enzyme, program, sequence or burst of knowledge makes it feasible to begin understanding women.

NYC Drew, out.

Even more far-fetched is the thought of us ever understanding men. :supergrin:

In 20 years I hope the USA and the Constitution is still standing tall, and the welfare and nanny states haven't destroyed our country from within. I'm not quite 50, so there's a chance I'll be alive to see it although I really doubt it because of health problems.

Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/Me/Afghanistan.jpg

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in Operation Enduring Freedom, you will not be forgotten.
RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side. :patriot:

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

HavinaPretzel
01-12-2011, 16:47
Today, I'm reading online about some guns I might start shopping for - 9mm Sub 2000 that takes Glock mags, 2nd gen Glock (haven't handled one yet and I'm curious), possibly another J-Frame. I also just poured a beer from the first batch a fellow GTer and I brewed back in December.

In 20 years, when I'm 50(!), I hope I'll own all the guns I have now plus a whole lot more. I'd also like to do some more intense training between now and then, and move out into the sticks so I can shoot on my own property (and have a bigger brewing setup!).

captdreifus
01-12-2011, 16:49
Current Glock's: 1st generation to 4th. Some recoil spring problems with the new generation 4 Glock's. Several spring "upgrades" available.

Trends:

IWB (miltsparks, cb, mtac, etc) are very popular. A lot of people use pancake style holsters from several custom leather makers.

Pocket guns are in. (J-frames, Ruger LCP, KelTec, etc)

"Tactical" and "Operator" is a common word in the firearms world.

Will add more later.

capt

Rabbi
01-12-2011, 16:59
I find myself, this day, at this time, at a peaceful place in my life. I have mountains I have scaled behind me and mountains ahead to climb.

Rabbi
01-12-2011, 17:00
At this time, most think the sky is falling. I say we still have good days ahead.

M1 SUPER 90
01-12-2011, 17:10
I had to make at least one post in the cardboard box thread so I better hit this one....

BailRecoveryAgent
01-12-2011, 17:40
A little bit about me at this stage in my life.
I'm a proud father of two little girls, the husband to a great wife, the son of the best parents you could ever hope for, proud conservative, Christian, supporter of freedom and the American way, small very small business owner, working in the fields of Bail Enforcement, Process Server, Investigator, and a little private security once in a while. My music taste is Metal:rock:, my fashion choices have been the same for years, jeans, tshirts, shorts, and sneakers.

Interesting People I've Met
I met Mark Fuhrman in Idaho in 1999. I met Carl Weathers about 15 or 16 years ago, while he was on "In The Heat Of The Night". I used the urinal right beside Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins about 11 years ago in Seattle. He's taller than he looks in music videos. I also recently met Warren Moon at Walmart. No I'm not joking, he was there doing a meet and greet. He's lookin old, but still in great shape. I met "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Debiase at a church where he was the guest speaker. I met Tony Orlando, and I didn't even know who he was.:embarassed:

Hopefully in 20 years, I'm still as happy as I am now, even though we've had a hard couple years, better things are yet to come.

Joshhtn
01-12-2011, 17:52
Great idea Eric!!

Well... In 20 years I will be 48 (still young!!). I am getting married on June 26th this year and I know that my Fiancee will be looking at this thread with me 20 years from now.

Kuroineko
01-12-2011, 17:53
Some thoughts regarding my career.

Now at 39, I have been in my chosen field of employment for 10 years. I was a rookie when September 11 happened. I thought I'd make a difference, and was ready to get out there and do the job.
Now, I just want to keep my job and make it to retirement. Avoiding the scrutiny of administration and my supervisors because I realize now what a fickle ***** they can be.
I can still look myself in the mirror and don't have to force myself to go to work, but I don't quite have the bounce in my step I once did.
I started out carrying a SIG, went to a Glock, and now carry a 1911. I'll carry that until I'm forced to carry my issue Glock 22, but if forced to carry a Glock, I'd rather have my 35.

Rob62
01-12-2011, 17:56
In 20 years the world will have changed a lot more than in the previous 20.

There will be fewer currencies and several countries will have gone through "Revolutions" - some peaceful some not. There will have been wars and rumors of wars. Arabs will be killing Jews, and Jews will be killing Arabs. Religion in general will either be gone the way of the DoDo bird, or a larger part of everyday life like it was in the early 19th and 20th century. (I canít decide which way it will go, but it will go one way or the other).
There will have been more gun restrictions in the USA. However I donít think that gun ownership will be totally banned. But possibly as restrictive as the UK, Australia, or Canada.

Rob

Ragnar
01-12-2011, 17:57
47 and feeling OK. Could use some companionship, but that ship sailed a while back. Gotta get on another boat I guess.

Not to get political, but its not gonna get any better here folks. The number of idiots on the right and left is increasing daily and its only a matter of time. Hopefully in 20 years I'm wrong . . .

KilgoreTrout
01-12-2011, 17:58
half these people will be dead from eating mcdonalds every day.

schild
01-12-2011, 18:05
I've been hanging around GT almost 10 years, it's been a fun, the bad part is all the money that GT's cost me.
In 20 years I'll be close to 80 years old, so I'll either be senile, dead, or still reading GT daily and wondering where the trolls come from.
Please pray that I've been able to escape from Illinois long before then.

And my fourth grandchild will be born this years and in 20 years my oldest grandchild will be 30 years years old.

okie
01-12-2011, 18:10
I doubt we'll still be fighting the war in Iraq. At least I won't be.

I sure hope not also, LW sweetheart:smootchie::hugs::hearts:

kirgi08
01-12-2011, 18:10
Hopefully we will be viewing GT from our cabin on the acme proving grounds.'08.

okie
01-12-2011, 18:13
I like 1911's, Mopars and Classic rock music, I guess I like the finer things in life:thumbsup:

Jason D
01-12-2011, 18:27
My name is Jason, and I live in MI.

I am part of a small group of pre2k members that still post to the forum with any regularity.
I have been blessed with getting to know some of our great posters in some of the out of the way places on GT. Those that know what I am talking about including Kilgore, know just how good some of GT's members really are.

While I know this forum is generally dedicated to the Glock pistol.
Everyone knows that the M1911 is king. In 20 years it will still reign supreme.

Wood and steel is still better than polymer and aluminum.
Even though AR's are fun to shoot. Most of us still enjoy the ability to own full capacity magazines, and military like weapons. I hope my children can one day enjoy the freedoms that I do.

PM-OP always.

mechanica
01-12-2011, 18:30
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

IndyGunFreak
01-12-2011, 18:35

I'll be knocking down 50 (hopefully.. :))

On this day, Okie only has 113k posts... :).

Chad Landry
01-12-2011, 19:12
I just asked my 11 year old son if he wants to shoot the 1911's this weekend. He said, "Sure!".

He'll be shooting my 1911's and his AR-15, as well as anything else in which he wants to burn ammo.

I hope he wants to shoulder the M1 Garand through a dozen or so clips.

tarpleyg
01-12-2011, 19:32
I'm not usually one for this sort of stuff but you all are like family here in the GNG.

Been a rough past 6 months. My wife's dad died in November and I lost my dog Duke about a week later. Found out my mom has cancer and may only have about 2 years left.

On the bright side, I have a great wife, and wonderful little 3 year old girl, and another little girl on the way in June. We have jobs and a roof over our heads and don't want for anything except for everyone to stay healthy.

Anyway, here's to GT and everyone here. I hope we're all around 20 years from now and can check in here.

Greg

gh0st614
01-12-2011, 19:36
The Ice is in the Freezer.

Whats the point the world is ending in 2012.:whistling:

23skidoo
01-12-2011, 19:41
Great idea!

Chad Landry
01-12-2011, 19:43
In addition, it's 2011, and I still don't have to ask permission to buy guns, ammo, or shooting accessories.

Smashy
01-12-2011, 19:48
...and this thread has not met an apathetic end...

Here's hoping that, 20 years from now, you won't have to add qualifiers like that when you start a thread. :supergrin:

Reissman
01-12-2011, 19:53
I am 40 with 4 kids and have been married 19 years. Hopefully in 20 years I will be 60, Married 39 years and have a house full of grand kids!

Mrs. VR
01-12-2011, 20:16
In twenty years our nest will have emptied and hopefully started to refill with grandkids!

TBO
01-12-2011, 20:22
In 20 years... wait, what!

Chad Landry
01-12-2011, 20:23
In twenty years our nest will have emptied and hopefully started to refill with grandkids!

I'll probably be dead by then, or beyond recognition.

true believer
01-12-2011, 20:32
in 20 years i'll be 70...o'h crap!!
:cool:

GotGlock1917
01-12-2011, 20:44
Today, I am disheartened that the people of our country (mostly yoots) couldn't handle life if they lost their cell phone and internet service.
Constant connectivity is not necessarily a good thing. Constantly yammering on their cells, texting, tweeting, facebooking, etc.

In 20 years I would like to see people wise up and get out and do something and not feel the need to instantly inform everybody of every detail of what they are doing.

Put down the phones and mobile devices and just enjoy being alive.

Tvov
01-12-2011, 21:05
I'll be 66 in 20 years, hopefully able to retire comfortably... but I am actually worried about that now, have been the last couple years. Wife and I are working on it, and 20 years from now should(!) be debt free and still be living in the same house.

Although, hopefully with that second bathroom added by then...

I hope to still be dragging a camper around and seeing the country. Possibly I'll be taking some grandkids along.

I figure I'll still be reading GlockTalk... but maybe by then it'll be one big internet "cloud" universe, and we'll all be sitting in round table discussions using our holographic selves...

Now? Well, I owe about 20 years worth of monthly checks on my house with its one bathroom, have too many bills, two teenagers in the house, drag a camper around, and sit around posting on GlockTalk. And a lovely wife who I still get along with.

See you all in 20 years!

Hines57
01-12-2011, 22:19
Wow, almost 10 years to the day since I joined GT. Comparing where I was 10 years ago to where I am today makes me really wonder what another 20 years will bring. 10 years ago I was just starting a new career that I have thoroughly enjoyed but I doubt that it will last another 20 yrs. I kinda doubt I will make it another 20 yrs, and that doesn't bother me at all.

Life is pretty good. Work has been slow the last couple of years, but it will pick up. Got a house that I spend a lot of time working on. Still single, still okay with that. Done a lot of traveling, seen a lot of things, done the things that I have wanted to do. No real regrets.

G-Lock808
01-13-2011, 01:01
Im in the middle of the Pacific as I type this. I wonder where ill be 20 years from now.:wavey:

oceanwarrior
01-13-2011, 01:36
I hope to be around yet,in 20 years I'll be 75.
It is my hope that in 20 years we will still be able to bear arms as FREE men.
Hopefully the Bluefin and Yellowfin Tuna will not be extinct.

I wonder what kind of technology we'll be using to read this thread.

Hope TEOTWAWKI never happens but if it does, I hope it will be natural not caused by Man.

Very curious to see what the primary energy source will be in 20 years.

oceanwarrior

Cochese
01-13-2011, 01:51
My daughter will be 20 years old! :faint:

I will have grey pubes. My SS will probably have a lot of miles on it and I should be about 5 years from retirement. My wife will be just as beautiful.

johnd
01-13-2011, 06:52
Im getting up there and maybe its time to reflect on what happened in case anyone cares in 20 years. Ill be gone by then anyway Im sure.
Today is the day after the evening service for those shot in Tucson AZ and Im pretty amazed at what has happened to this country. In the time I have been here it has gone from a John Wayne attitude to today. And thats all we can say about that.
Over the years I have been hanging around GT the country has changed tremendously as has GT and its members...they seem younger today but are asking all the same questions ( and getting the same foolish answers) we all did 10 years ago when this thing started.
I remember a guy telling me he had a "Gee LOK" " one of those new fangled plastic guns, a Gee LOK" and wanted to trade some 45ACP for something that fit his Gee LOK

Some of the members are gone now and somehow we seem to feel that we knew them even though we never met.
Others have disappeared no one knows why or how but if they met their ultimate fate, no one knows about it on GT, they just stopped posting and probably no one knows who they really were here and no one is going to log on and tell the rest of us their fate....maybe we need somehow to set up a log in/check in/ alive ping or something....

This internet thing is really neat. I was in it from the very beginning and its getting better all the time. I cant imagine how we did things back then with 8K memory boards and teletype type "email" let alone boards like GT here.
Good luck to everyone, I hope GT lasts forever, put this OP and all the other interesting ones on a titanium CD and save it for 2000 years and then look back.

Whiskey Six
01-13-2011, 09:30
Lots of great stuff so far. Good points about our freedoms. We still enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers envisioned. Will we still in 20 years?

Today we are in, what I believe, is a fight for our survival with radical Islam. They are determined to destroy our way of life. Who will prevail?

Where will our young people be? There is such an overload of sex, violence, drugs and despair in their lives today. How will they survive and thrive?

Will there ever be an end to the entitlement generations? Will the working middle class cease to exist? Will liberals ever open their eyes to reality?

Will we finally move on from oil and hydrocarbons? Sorry CJ but the oil will run out one day.

Today I can still hike deep into the wilderness and fish in clear mountain streams and even catch a nice trout occaisionlly. I can see wild bears, moose, elk and even mountain lions. Hope they're still around. I hope Colorado still has trees. The beetle kill is worse every year.

I plan to still be skiing in 20 years. I'll be 72 so no more moguls probably.

In 20 years I will have been with my girlfriend for 32 years. Still won't be married. LOL

Hope to still be around and hopefully I will have met many of you in person by then.

bac1023
01-13-2011, 10:01
I very rarely post in GNG, but I felt compelled to here.

Great idea, Eric. :)

engineer151515
01-13-2011, 10:32
Posting after bac . ..

So I can blather about .45GAP 20 years from now.

:rofl::wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
01-13-2011, 12:36
Eric, a suggestion. Move this thread around. A week here, a week in General Glocking, a week in OAF, etc. That way more people will get to see it. :wavey:

Joshhtn
01-13-2011, 12:46
Eric, a suggestion. Move this thread around. A week here, a week in General Glocking, a week in OAF, etc. That way more people will get to see it. :wavey:

Great idea Lone_Wolfe!

PBCounty
01-13-2011, 15:21
My name is Charlie B and I do the South Florida thing as I have my whole life (and will continue to do for at least another 20 years). I hope I am still partying every weekend up to and beyond the close of this thread. Have fun out there.

JAMROCK
01-13-2011, 15:42
Technology and just about everything else is moving so fast nowadays that I'm sure we won't believe we were doing things this way even 5 years from now.

I'll be 71 in twenty years. I expect that all my worry for the well-being of my kids will have been for naught. And that my impatience and pestering of the few public officials that I have to deal with will have been for the good.

It's been 20 years so far and my wife hasn't wized-up about me and my stupid habits yet, let's hope she doesn't for another twenty. My parents and MIL will probably be gone by then but they will have known I loved them cause I tell them every chance I get.

I'm looking forward to many more years of laughing and eating and drinking and BS'ing with my siblings, their families and my close friends.

And by then, by God, I should have caught my monster fish by then.

Kabarred
01-13-2011, 16:05
I'll be 41... jeeze...

hopefully I'll be far better off financially, have a good woman, and a 40+lb northern on the wall :cool:

ExxoticOne
01-13-2011, 16:55
Please reserve the user name GeriatricOne for me; I'll be back for it!

I'm playing very good golf rigt now, in 20 years I should shoot my age.

Mochahooligan
01-13-2011, 17:13
In 20 years I will be 63. I a 23 year old son and a 20 year old (sex to be determined this March). I am married to a wonderful woman who puts up with all my shinanigans and loves me always. In 20 years I will still be married to my beautiful wife and hopefully have longer to go!

JK-linux
01-13-2011, 18:02
Well, I'll be 59 in 20 years... still a ways off from retirement if such a thing still exists in 2031. Currently, I work in IT (Information Technology) as a UNIX Systems Administrator. I'm betting UNIX is still around in 20 years. The current version of AIX is v6.1.6. The current US debt is projected to be around $14.3 trillion. Hopefully you won't have to bear too much of it.

As for guns... 9mm/.45ACP JHP ammunition is sold for ~$20 to $50 in 20 to 50 round boxes to ordinary civilians at places as diverse as small gas stations, WalMart, privately owned gun stores and it is commonly reloaded at home by private citizens. You can buy it online and have it shipped interstate to most places. Most places don't have restrictions on how many rounds a pistol or rifle can be configured to hold. At least 43 states have laws which allow private citizens without criminal records to legally carry concealed firearms upon their persons in public for personal protection. I hope you still have the same freedoms and if you don't, you might want to do something about that before it fades into the realm of myth, and no one really remembers that it was actually this way for a time.

I originally found this internet forum to gain more knowledge about Glock semi-automatic pistols. I ended up with that, as well as some new friends and a lot of information I didn't even know I didn't have. I hope you find Glocktalk as enjoyable and informative as I have.

JK-linux

CitizenOfDreams
01-13-2011, 18:05
Test, test. One, two, three. Is this thing on?

tous
01-13-2011, 18:12

VR should have a have a large supply of sent dollars by then.

<--- average person
<--- nothing special now
<--- less so in 20 years
<--- has never had STATUS

the iceman
01-13-2011, 18:23
In 20 years, the 1911 will still be the coolest kid on the block.

packinaglock
01-13-2011, 19:19
Name is Dave, in 20 years I'll be 68, currently live in florida. I own 40 acres in Alabama and may live there 20 years from now. :dunno: I'm also predicting Okie will have just over 8 million posts by then.

trcubed
01-13-2011, 19:31
In 20 years, I'll be 69, and a 30 year GT member.

My son will be 46 and, considering his line of work, retired. (Considering MY line of work, I'll still be working.)

My soon-to-be-born grandson will be 20.

Granny (see avatar) will still be walking Carolina Beach at 112.

Dinky
01-13-2011, 20:00

:rofl:

M&P Shooter
01-13-2011, 20:24
I'm 41 years old, married with 2 daughters ages 3 and 11 and married to a wonderful wife who is 30. I believe in this country and the constitution. I would fight and die for both because IMO to live without freedom is worst then death:patriot:

Harvick
01-13-2011, 20:26
In 20 years, the 1911 will still be the coolest kid on the block.

:thumbsup:.... Let's give em' somethin' to look at...

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu33/jbmcheers/IMGP0831.jpg

Angry Fist
01-13-2011, 20:32
Today, GTDS is not a legit sub forum. In 20 years? :supergrin:

redbaron007
01-13-2011, 20:37
Hoping to be still shooting my Glocks regularly with at least my kids and/or their kids!

The Constitution remains the law of the land.

Hope the Chicagoans get to Conceal/Carry!

:wavey:

red
1,413 posts
Southwest MO

Bilbo Bagins
01-13-2011, 20:37
I'm 41 so I'll be 61 when this is open.

Right now I have a Glock 19 with a 15 round mags and a couple of 33rd mags

I have a Direct Impingment AR , but the hot new thing is piston driven ARs. Also everyone is making .380 pocket guns. The newest caliber right now is the .327 magnum.

When I was a kid in the 1970's I thought we would have the chance to live in space, and have flying cars. I was disappointed when I grew up and that never happened. If I'm a senior citizen and we still don't have flying cars I will be real pissed.

THEPOPE
01-13-2011, 21:24
Hello, future Glock-Talkers...I called myself "The Pope" when I needed a name for an F.P.S. ( First Person Shooter ) video game called Medal of Honor.

In 20 years, I will be 76 years old,may be incontinent , nearly so now , may be inconsistant, nearly so now, incoherant, nearly so now, inconsiderant, more so every day, incompetant, more so all the time, and incredibly lucky to have been able to live in a time when a forum such as this can be enjoyed.....

I Am Out....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....:cool:

bac1023
01-13-2011, 21:29
Posting after bac . ..

So I can blather about .45GAP 20 years from now.

:rofl:

bac1023
01-13-2011, 21:30

:thumbsup:

:agree:

G33
01-13-2011, 22:03
Cougar?
:wavey::supergrin:

Blast
01-13-2011, 22:20
Did someone say cougar? :whistling:

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/mercury-cougar/images/mercury-cougar-1a.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q3mOmbdYwYU/S9sAGB3IqCI/AAAAAAAAAOc/KVk0eaAIZVU/s1600/2009128174423_Cougar-4.jpg

http://thinkingsex.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/cougar-ad.jpg

Gonzoso
01-13-2011, 23:09
I'm 25 years old so in 20 years I should be 45 years old if I make it that long. Hopefully I get to a ripe old age, my penchant for adrenaline, motorcycles and crazy women might....well you get the point.

I am hoping by then I can change my SN to Dr. Gonzoso, that I am still alive and in good health, and that I have found a great woman to share my life with. I also hope that if I do have children they don't smoke crack, listen to gangsta rap, or carry any electronic hardware in their living tissue.

I will conclude this letter to me in the future with a "Don't you wish you could come back and kick my ass for investing that money in ****** and not guns?"

That is all.

verdugo60
01-14-2011, 01:19
This thread has made me thoughtfull. In 20 I will be 46. My wife and I will hopefully have some kids by then, leaving the house in a few. We will both be done with school and hopefully own a house and be well along in our careers. Hopefully I will own a lot more guns, and they will be legal. Maybe the dollar, the Constitution, and my love life will still be going strong, sure hope so!

Right now, we have private health care, kind of, and are in a recession. Some think it will end soon, others think it will get worse, maybe much worse before it gets better.

There is a fundamental split now between beliefs in America. Some believe God, Freedom, the free market system and 2nd amendment will keep us strong and happy. Others think that Socialism, Science, and "going green" will save us. Time will tell.

In 20 years I will be able to win an IDPA or sniper match with ease...right? And I will be in better shape?

Dr. Leaky
01-14-2011, 08:07
20 years... Wonder if Social Security & Medicare will still be around - I'll be pushing 80 so I'll pretty much be at the mercy of the powers that be. Still in Arizona but once the housing mess gets straightened out I think Californians are going to REALLY flood this state - hope they come to live like we do, but I fear they are going to bring lots of "great ideas". Too bad - watched a deer strolling past the house yesterday and realized that he's seriously endangered here now. Hope we're all still happy & healthy. Hard to think of today as the good old days, isn't it?

Silent_Runner
01-14-2011, 10:23
I will be in my 60's and hopefully retired from nursing. I hope my daughters are healthy and happy and my friends are the same.

Carrys
01-14-2011, 11:26
Retired from the Military (Army) and as a civilian police officer.

Life is good, please don't waste it. Don't let your ideology, whatever "side" you choose.....to control and lead your life. While you live...............live!

Behave as if you love your fellow man, even if you have to fake it. Manners are the lubrication that makes the world go 'round. Different opinions aren't bad, they're just different. Take that from one who is quite opinionated.

Make your own way in the world, expect nor demand that no one else...give...you anything. You do not deserve it. You only deserve what you do for yourself.

Help each other, even if it's hard. Respect each other. You may think someone else is an idiot, but he may think the same of you. You do actually have a responsibility toward each other, because you have a responsibility toward the human race as a whole. Make sure it survives the next twenty years, eh?

Do the best you can, you will be judged on it. If not by a higher power, then by yourself.....count on it. And self respect is the best thing you can give yourself and allow another to have. If you strip another of his ability to work, provide for his family and/or try to do anything to "keep him down".....don't act surprised at what you reveal. Or at what you get.

Rub her feet.

PBCounty
01-14-2011, 11:30
Retired from the Military (Army) and as a civilian police officer.

Life is good, please don't waste it. Don't let your ideology, whatever "side" you choose.....to control and lead your life. While you live...............live!

Behave as if you love your fellow man, even if you have to fake it. Manners are the lubrication that makes the world go 'round. Different opinions aren't bad, they're just different. Take that from one who is quite opinionated.

Make your own way in the world, expect nor demand that no one else...give...you anything. You do not deserve it. You only deserve what you do for yourself.

Help each other, even if it's hard. Respect each other. You may think someone else is an idiot, but he may think the same of you. You do actually have a responsibility toward each other, because you have a responsibility toward the human race as a whole. Make sure it survives the next twenty years, eh?

Do the best you can, you will be judged on it. If not by a higher power, then by yourself.....count on it. And self respect is the best thing you can give yourself and allow another to have. If you strip another of his ability to work, provide for his family and/or try to do anything to "keep him down".....don't act surprised at what you reveal. Or at what you get.

Rub her feet.

Wear sunscreen.

JLB768
01-14-2011, 11:36
Name's Jami, I'm 42, been married to my wife Michelle for almost 21 years now. I have three kids, and one Grandson. My oldest daughter is in college, going after her RN Degree. My son is a Senior in high school, with hopes of becoming a police officer. My youngest daughter is still all about what time the mall closes, who's calling on the phone, and the latest fashion. My health could be better, dealing with some lung problems, but life's good anyway.

Rick C
01-14-2011, 15:42
Rick C - born 1950.
Winter of 2010, two days ago, FL was the only state without snow.
Out of milk and bread. Whisky running low. Must hold on. :supergrin:

packinaglock
01-14-2011, 18:28
Cougar?
:wavey::supergrin:

Hell Yea! :supergrin:

TRIGGER_1
01-14-2011, 18:36
In 20 years I will be buried in green pastures with my Glock 23....:angel:
This one is mine.......

Dinky
01-14-2011, 19:07
Rick C - born 1950.
Winter of 2010, two days ago, FL was the only state without snow.
Out of milk and bread. Whisky running low. Must hold on. :supergrin:

Rick C, I have your milk, bread and whisky :whistling:

Angry Fist
01-14-2011, 19:25
Quit smoking... now! Someone cap me if I'm smoking in 20 years. Please.

Rick C
01-14-2011, 19:41

Hoarders will be dealt with accordingly. Keep the milk and bread if you must.:tongueout:

Dalton Wayne
01-14-2011, 20:10
My name is Douglas Lee Potter I go by Dalton Wayne here on GlockTalk, been a member since it started now a charter life member #239, I have owned a glock 17, 19, 26, 30, and 21, my current carry is a Smith & Wesson 442 which I carry at work, clerk at a convenience store, been married 37 years have two grown sons, my wife and I were almost killed by a drunk driver back in 1995 we are both permanently disabled because of the accident have really enjoyed Glocktalk hope to be around a long time
Regards
DW

G33
01-14-2011, 21:11
Hell Yea! :supergrin:

Angry Fist
01-14-2011, 21:15
My name is Douglas Lee Potter I go by Dalton Wayne here on GlockTalk, been a member since it started now a charter life member #239, I have owned a glock 17, 19, 26, 30, and 21, my current carry is a Smith & Wesson 442 which I carry at work, clerk at a convenience store, been married 37 years have two grown sons, my wife and I were almost killed by a drunk driver back in 1995 we are both permanently disabled because of the accident have really enjoyed Glocktalk hope to be around a long time
Regards
DW
You look a helluva lot like Tommy Lee Jones.... :tongueout:

tous
01-15-2011, 04:21

Hoarder!

He's a snowstorm staple hoarder! :fist:

Either that or he's trolling for a date. :ack:

Plus, he cain't hardly not kin spell 'whiskey' much, kin he?

:tease:

Dinky
01-15-2011, 09:29
Hoarder!

He's a snowstorm staple hoarder! :fist:

Either that or he's trolling for a date. :ack:

Plus, he cain't hardly not kin spell 'whiskey' much, kin he?

:tease:

I have been drinkin the "whisky" and that might be why I can't spell "whisky" :tongueout:

aomagrat
01-15-2011, 15:25
In 20 years I'll probably be dead of cholesterol poisoning. But I won't die hungry.

tous
01-15-2011, 16:58
In 20 years I'll probably be dead of cholesterol poisoning. But I won't die hungry.

I'm with you. :thumbsup:

Screw you, hippie socialists!
I'm dyin' with a 1911 in one hand and a Big Mac in the other.

:cowboy:

Dinky
01-15-2011, 19:26
I'm with you. :thumbsup:

Screw you, hippie socialists!
I'm dyin' with a 1911 in one hand and a Big Mac in the other.

:cowboy:

How are you going to get them away from Okie??

buckhunter3987
01-15-2011, 21:43
Right now I am 27, single, several months removed from Grad school, unemployed and worried about what I am going to do about my career. On the other hand I have awesome parents, a great dog, and great friends. Life has been a blast lately and good things are happening to me, just not where I really need them too. I hope in 20 years I will have planned and saved responsibly enough that I will be comfortable, and can enjoy my future children in their late teenage years as they transition to adulthood.

I hope this nation has somehow returned from the brink and we still remain free.

kirgi08
01-15-2011, 21:59
How are you going to get them away from Okie??

That's Taco Bell,Dinkster.n00bs.'08. :upeyes:

Jake Starr
01-16-2011, 08:26
Former Marine
Former EMT
Doctor of Ministry
Retired pastor/ Open Carry Celebration New Bethel Church June 09
Police Chaplain
Reserve Deputy
Concealed Carry Instructor
Instructor or Armed Security Guards in Louisville
Israeli Combat Shooting Instructor
Ardent supporter of Concealed Carry and tactical training

Loyal Friend and faithful husband

Somewhat modest:whistling:

paynter2
01-16-2011, 14:36
Have a G19 and a .22 mag Smith (titanium). It will be interesting to see what, if any, hand guns are popular in the future.

We Americans are currently looking for higher mileage vehicles as petroleum is becoming more and mare in demand by the rest of the world. We are now in the process of using more and more hybrid vehicles.

I currently have a Toyota Corolla work car - the mileage is roughly 33-37, winter-summer. I wonder what we'll be driving in the future and what the mileage will be?

Has global warming been confirmed or debunked? I guess we now call it Climate Chaos since it's been so damned cold lately. Weather has been very extreme around the planet - very severe floods.

We are currently using desktop and laptop computers (IBM/windows and Apple Macs). Cell phones are becoming much more powerful and many are using them for apps previously found on PCs. I wonder how we will access data in the future - I have to imagine PCs will be relics in museums...

Most home PCs access the WWW via cable (coax) or phone lines. Very few high-speed fiber optic networks have been built - at least in the US. Will the future bring some other way to provide data transmission?

The world is in the middle of a lingering financial crisis - the US seems about to be overtaken by China as the largest economy. I wonder if we'll survive in our current role as world leader or just digress to a third world banana republic? Maybe something in between - something like England today?

Social Security - remember that? I wonder how that will sort out? What about public pension funds? Will they remain solvent? Will the newly passed universal health care be successful?

Will we all be speaking Spanish? How will immigration be managed?

Are 2010 cars collectible? Vipers, Vettes, WRX? Anything from 'current' production?

That's enough for now...

Peace Warrior
01-16-2011, 15:15
In 20 years... :rofl: In my personal life I have always found that if you want to make G-d laugh, all you have to do is detail for Him what you are going to be doing in one year. Yeah, He always gets a kick out of that one.

However, right now: It is time to dump all the euros we held against the fall of the US dollar and now stick with only silver or gold, but not simply paper vestiges in a portfolio proclaiming ownership of precious metals, as all of these investments are tremendously shorted at the present time, but stick with only the actual possession of the precious metals themselves.

(Personally, I like bullion, but there is merit in coinage. Think you don't have enough money right now? Just remember that silver is the poor man's gold for a while.)

I sincerely hope everyone is out of debt before the end of this year. Probably before the end of 2011, I see a barrel of oil going between $150 and $200 US. This means about $4 to $8 per gallon at the pump here in Florida (your locale may vary). Good luck everyone, and yes, I hope I am wrong, but who knows when the Chinese will come to call in our note?

If they do, only the bankers will be able to "save us" at that time and then the US dollar will cease to exist in favor of a regional currency, which will very soon afterward give way to an electronic chip representing a world currency and financial system, and if you ultimately choose to "go along in order to get along," then the chip will be placed in your hand or forehead.

I wear blue jeans. I read, study, and believe the Holy Bible. (Not as much as I should, but as much as I can during this time.) I have guns for both hunting, shooting, and as well for personal self defense. I love to fish and hunt. I guess these attributes make me a terrorist in the eyes of our 'new government,' but I consider myself in good GREAT company as they also refer to America's Founding Fathers as terrorists nowadays. Go figure huh?

jhoagland
01-16-2011, 15:52
My name is Jason, and I live in MI.

I am part of a small group of pre2k members that still post to the forum with any regularity.
I have been blessed with getting to know some of our great posters in some of the out of the way places on GT. Those that know what I am talking about including Kilgore, know just how good some of GT's members really are.

While I know this forum is generally dedicated to the Glock pistol.
Everyone knows that the M1911 is king. In 20 years it will still reign supreme.

Wood and steel is still better than polymer and aluminum.
Even though AR's are fun to shoot. Most of us still enjoy the ability to own full capacity magazines, and military like weapons. I hope my children can one day enjoy the freedoms that I do.

PM-OP always.

*sniff, that is beautiful bro!*

VR should have a have a large supply of sent dollars by then.

<--- average person
<--- nothing special now
<--- less so in 20 years

Tous!! Come back!!!!!

Could cap you now and make sure??? JK:whistling:

I have it on authority that I'm an ass. Even my best friends say so. My best friends also say that they will be with me to the bitter end. I think the end will be sweet, not bitter.
('bout this time I also hear, stfu...)

Nestor
01-16-2011, 16:47
I'm 35 and trying to build my new life from scratches after we decided to immigrate to Canada 2,5 years ago.
Hopefully in 20 years I still will be alive and in good enough health to enjoy the life.
I have the best wife, wonderful daughter and plans for peaceful future and quite colorful retirement.
I'm just happy being half way thru with my life now.
Time is going so fast...

itisbruno
01-16-2011, 23:07
If I am still alive ... note to self - Mountain House food stocks only have 7 yars of shelf life left on them.

Contact GamerGirl and see if she will dehydrate me some viddles.

Ender
01-18-2011, 21:18
20 years is a long time.

In 20 years i'll be almost 50.

20 years is a long time.

I joined here almost 10 years ago, and it has absolutely flown by.

RUSH2112
01-22-2011, 08:16
All we are....

is dust in the wind , dude

Alcoy
01-22-2011, 08:20
In 2031, hopefully retired. Shooting more and posting more on GT.

Buki192327
01-23-2011, 13:57
In 20 years, I don't know if I will still be around. If I am still around, I will be pushing 86 years of age, and probably won't know what I am doing. :dunno:

I spent 20+ years, in supervision in the trucking industry, making sure that supplies, and goods got to factories, stores, etc., so that people would have jobs, food, clothes, tv's, what ever they needed. It was stressful and hard, but got the job done. I then, spent 13+ years as an insurance agent. Another hard industry, but very gratifying. Met a lot of nice people, through that business. After my wife passed, I started working part time security, for a 100+ year old company. I have been doing that for 6 years, and get all around the area, and get into many interesting situations.

I am a life member of the Amateur Trapshooting Association. I shot actively for 35 years. I met and shot with people, from all over the world. I got into handguns, after I quit shooting trap. I enjoy shooting very much, and I also, like to do some fishing. Haven't been to Canada, fishing, for quite a few years now. Would like to go back to Canada, fishing again, before I die.

Burn
01-24-2011, 11:41
Contracting Gunsmith...looking for the "Better" place to ply my trade...

Cheytac
01-27-2011, 15:18
I hope that I'm still around in 20 years, still able to read & comprehend, and able to shoot.

Just started shooting IDPA & USPSA and I suck at it.... :embarassed: Lets see if I get any better in the next 20 years.... :rofl:

DR. HOUSE
01-27-2011, 15:41
okies post count is 114,729............

By far the most ever here.

I wonder how big his post count will be in 20 years?

Swiper
01-29-2011, 20:26
okies post count is 114,729............

By far the most ever here.

I wonder how big his post count will be in 20 years?

He will stop posting on December 21, 2012.

Cclass
01-29-2011, 20:45
Right now I'm watching my two GSD pups tearing it up. Twenty years from now I'll be missing them hell out of them. Right now we'd like to retire somewhere in the American southwest. It will be interesting to see if that's where I'm reading this time capsule from.

GTP
02-04-2011, 09:17
I have been a member of GT for over 10 years, have not posted much, more of a "reader", but do read everyday. I am a young almost 62 male and I expect to be still kicking in 20 years! The wife has been with me for 38 years and we have one granddaughter so far from our daughter. The son is 33 and still not married!

You never know where life takes you! I have been in industrial sales since out of college many moons ago (and am still in it). I don't intend to ever "retire" per say as I think that is a death sentence! But I don't intend to be in this job forever.

To that end, over the last three years, I developed a shotgun choke with a certain type port (one of my ambitions was to contribute to the shooting sports in some way). The choke has been patented and I will shortly be issued the official patent www.blackborechokes.com. The chokes are for sale to the public. This goes to prove that you are never too young to start something new!

My greatest wish is that I live long enough to see the grandchildren grow up in a prosperous USA. I hope and pray the US of A will still be around providing opportunities for all its citizens twenty years from now! My skepticism is winning out at this moment in time.
GTP

jhoagland
02-04-2011, 10:27
I came, I read, I joined.
Have had some great things of it come too.

Posting more later.

ray glock
02-04-2011, 10:37
In 20 years I will be :dunno: as I am going to be 62 this year. :faint:
For as long as I can I will be :rofl: with all my GT friends. :cool:
..............Let the Game Begain

MikeG22
02-08-2011, 14:52
It's been 9 years on GT and this is now my 4000th post. I've stuck with GT longer than I stuck with my first wife by a longshot. Looking forward to post 10,000 in another 10 years. Haha

SCC
02-13-2011, 18:02
2/13/2011 hope to be around in 20 years

GlockRadio
02-13-2011, 18:10
Hello 2031!!!!! Hope I'm still here! If I'm reading this I'll be 69 and retired. :tongueout:

Foxtrotx1
02-13-2011, 18:19
Hopefully I will have graduated college.

Annhl8rX
02-14-2011, 09:55
Well...it's Valentine's Day of 2011. I'm sitting around messing with my laptop, periodically checking my iPhone 3G-S, and watching my 54" DLP TV. Right now I drive a 2010 Dodge Ram pickup with a 5.7L Hemi engine that has 390HP and gets about 16.5 mpg.

I can't comment on fashion...because I'm out of touch with it. Jeans and t-shirts or Polo style shirts are my preferred garb. About a week ago the Green Bay Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Superbowl, The San Francisco Giants are the defending World Series champions (they beat my Texas Rangers), and Tiger Woods is trying to make a comeback after his "mistress meltdown".

I watched some of the Grammy's last night. Most of the winners I couldn't stand or had never heard of. Eminem won a few for his "Recovery" album, which I was glad to see. Rhianna, Drake, Arcade Fire, Barbara Streisand, Eminem, Lady Gaga, and some others performed.

Well...I've lost interest in this. I tried to include things that are likely to drastically change in 20 years. Adios, folks.

Santa CruZin
02-14-2011, 10:19
Been on GT for over 10 years. Have made, kept and lost an assortment of friends here. I moved from Santa Cruz to the South in pursuit of re-starting my marriage and raising a family under better cost of living conditions. Family didn't get started. My fault for biting that hook, I should have known better. I'm not squallin' about it, but I am disappointed that I have to be the bad guy when my desires were made clear from the start and I even offered a "second chance".

Ah well, here's my mantra now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKSeq_5ZyXI

It'll be interesting reviewing this thread in 20 years. I look forward to showing it to my kids. :)

FillYerHands
02-14-2011, 11:46
I've been posting here almost 3 years. I picked my handle from one of my favorite movies. In truth, it's a good thing my original request to join got lost somewhere in cyberspace, I had chosen a different handle.

In any case, I picked it because of this: http://t.co/Mla4kJ4

True Grit has now been successfully remade. In 20 years, they will probably remake it again, starring Justin Bieber.

In the meantime, I want the Coen brothers to remake the "Rooster Cogburn" sequel, starring John Goodman as Rooster, and Kathryn Ohara as the Catherine Hepburn part.

Glockin21
02-15-2011, 12:14
Obviously,what will the current presidents overall affect be on our economy and guns?
How strict will vehicle emissions be controlled? Hopefully i will still have my soot blowin Chevy.

infiniti0505
02-17-2011, 14:14
Hopefully I will have graduated college.
LOL!!! I hope the same for myself.

Jeez.... Ill be 43 in 20 years........ so old....:whistling:

deputy tom
02-20-2011, 15:33
In twenty years I'll be long gone.I hope people will talk of deputy tom in a kind manner.I hope my posts contributed to the enjoyment of the other GT'ers.If I've offended anyone please forgive me.tom.

B. Somm
02-23-2011, 12:51
Moved On Over To Page Six For Posterity!!

Lone_Wolfe
02-23-2011, 13:13
Moved On Over To Page Six For Posterity!!

Where you been, my friend? :wavey:

B. Somm
02-23-2011, 13:15
In 20 years I'll 68. If I'm lucky I'll still be able to breath on my own, think for myself and be independent.

Right now my health isn't the best. Last week I learned that I won my SSD hearing/case and I am now officially "on disability". Now I just have to find a doctor that is willing to stand behind me in applying for medical retirement after 26 years of employment with my current employer, as my current doctor is an asshat and thinks that all I want to do is sit at home, watch TV, lay in bed & eat bon-bons all day...I don't even like bon-bons!

I currently have 3 cats, as I recently inherited my mom's 2 cats after she unexpectedly passed away from a heart attack 3 months ago. Fortunately all three are getting along for the most part and they all seem to be adjusting.

I really miss my mom and still have to resist the urge to pick up the phone just to call and say 'howdy', as well as bet on the weekly football games during football season.

I'm still in the SCA, although I can't get out to events as much as I'd like to due to my health. I missed "Estrella War" this year as I had to work. The weather sucked half the time anyway, so it's just as well.

So far 2011 is turning out to be a so-so year. Society continues to run down the drain, the economy sucks and the illegals continue to suck our country dry. Eventually everything is going to implode. I just hope I'm not around to see it, as it's not going to be pretty!

Baseball season is getting ready to start in a month or so...Go D-Backs!

Hopefully in 20 years things will improve despite the way things are now.
Hopefully in 20 years I will no longer be single.
Hopefully in 20 years I will still have all of my faculties.
Hopefully in 20 years I will be okay financially.
Hopefully in 20 years I will have less stuff cluttering up my house.
Hopefully in 20 years GT will still be here!

B. http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/ladyb918/GT%20Related/Ultramandance.gif

B. Somm
02-23-2011, 13:33
Where you been, my friend? :wavey:

Check your PM box!!

:cool:

Alex_Knight
03-11-2011, 17:14
Am I too late?

My butt itches.

:alex:

kcb
03-11-2011, 17:36

I'll probably be dead by then, or beyond recognition.

:)

In 20 years, I'll be old....

Sharon and Chad your posts remind me of my thoughts driving onto my street tonight coming home from work.

An elderly couple lives on the corner. They were working on something on their driveway. As they moved about, they shuffled about their driveway.

She had her short gray hair. He his balding grey comb over.

I've had long hair most of my life. My hubby keeps his head cut very short.

I thought...will we look like that in 30 years?

I don't have grandchildren yet...but I pray I do in 20 years!

kcb
03-11-2011, 17:41
I don't know if I'm too late, but as I post today...the 8.9 Earthquake and 23 foot tsunami hit Japan in the early this morning USA time.

Another 4.4 Earthquake hit Hawaii a little while later.

Many people have been watching the news much of the day in disbelief of the devastation of the event.

Angry Fist
03-12-2011, 08:56
Hopefully, the reactors don't melt down. :wow:

Whoops, just read the news. Dayumn.....

And today, the NFL finally locked out the players.

AlexHassin
03-20-2011, 21:21
In 20 years I will be in my forties. I donít know what I will be doing then. I canít hold a relationship stably now, and my two best friends are going back to china in 5 years or so, they will probably also get married in a few years. I like pop music, and currently live in NYC. I love it here and I have loved the chances I get to travel. It seems I canít leave home enough, but I have not really been anywhere else I can imagine calling home.

Grumpy Gardener
03-23-2011, 16:59
If I'm not here in 20 years:

I buried a bunch of money at the corner of I-5 and Bowman in a red Folgers can. It's right as you get into Cottonwood.

By the time you find it it won't be worth the can it's buried in!!

gardener

Grumpy Gardener
03-23-2011, 17:00
Ooops.

gg

norton
03-23-2011, 17:58
I just turned 60 this year. I hope to be around in 20 years, but who knows-

I hope we get our country's financial problems behind us in 2031. Right now it looks grim, too much money is owed to too many people. My generation is going to eat up in govt. benefits much of the wealth that should be passed on to the next generation.

On the firearms front, I hope the 2nd amendment is still relevant. And that people still cherish the rights bestowed on us by our Creator.

Its the 100th anniversary of the 1911. I somehow feel confident if the 2nd is still alive and well, the 1911 will still be chugging along.

Wonder what kind of progress will be made in the reloading of ammo front. Progressives presses that run without human hands? Set it up, keep it fed and watch it crank out ammo?

If I'm not around in 2031, I hope the people I have met on this forum are doing well.

jakebrake
03-29-2011, 19:01

i think i'll be dead.

transformers0704
04-08-2011, 18:05
Am I too late?

My butt itches.

:alex:

go wash it with soap now. make sure you put a rope on da soap.

transformers0704
04-08-2011, 18:15
in 20 years the USA would not be be called USA it would be called something else.
we have a lot of wars we haven fought yet. looking at the trend the USA is going. there is always every freaking 5 years or so.

83 Grenada
89 us invasion of panama
90 91 Persian gulf war
95 96 Bosnia war
2001 invasion of Afghanistan
2003 invasion of iraq
then Pakistan
now laybia

Remember you can keep on having wars with no consequences.:whistling:
chances are there will be 5-8 wars before 20 years comes up.

transformers0704
04-08-2011, 18:16
who knows the current war might end in 3 year. new president in power make good changes this time.

KiloXray
04-09-2011, 21:54
in 20 years the USA would not be be called USA it would be called something else.
we have a lot of wars we haven fought yet. looking at the trend the USA is going. there is always every freaking 5 years or so.

83 Grenada
89 us invasion of panama
90 91 Persian gulf war
95 96 Bosnia war
2001 invasion of Afghanistan
2003 invasion of iraq
then Pakistan
now laybia

Remember you can keep on having wars with no consequences.:whistling:
chances are there will be 5-8 wars before 20 years comes up.

who knows the current war might end in 3 year. new president in power make good changes this time.

Hopefully when this thread is resurrected in 2031, we will have a better mastery of the English language.

Cheers to a six month late 2011 federal budget resolution. Yay Congress.

k594
04-09-2011, 22:34
im 30 years old... will be 50 , im a type 1 diabetic whos been battling it for 18 years, have a beautiful wife and 2 cats, a pretty dang good career and lots of dreams and aspirations... well see how many of those ive accomplished by then.. we live in a small town in northern Arizona .
hoping to see our military out of harms way by then as well god willing

UtahIrishman
04-09-2011, 22:45
In twenty years I will be 77 my wife 82

I expect to be living in the middle of nowhere doing as little as possible. Except for the occasional hike into even deeper forests enjoying the wilderness and solitude. The long hikes will give me deep satisfaction in knowing I have mastered my life, achieving complete balance in all things.

Either that or in a nursing home glaring at everyone. :tongueout:

Misty02
04-09-2011, 23:24
Above everything I want my children and grandchildren to be healthy, happy, safe and free 20 years from now and for the rest of their lives.

Iíve changed a lot since I started carrying, for the better as far as dealing with strangers is concerned. I wonder how much more Iíll change in the next decade or two. In 20 years Iíll be 69. I wonder if Iíll still be carrying and what Iíll be carrying.

I had a ďno guns in my homeĒ attitude when my children were small and failed to provide important safety information as they grew up. Thankfully it never became an issue but if it had, they would have been completely unprepared. Things are different today and my grandchildrenís upbringing is different in that respect.

If anyone had told me 20 years ago that I would have this much fun shooting and taking tactical classes :sigh: I could have been an expert by now. It has become an activity that the family enjoys doing together, a shame that Iíve wasted all this time.

I cannot imagine wanting my life to be any different than it is today; well, perhaps a little more money and a little more time to enjoy it.

Weíre about to approach the hurricane season in FL (Iím in Miami), a season that frazzles me some. I hope that all my preparations are only needed for minor interruptions of power this season and all seasons to come. With that same thought, I hope all our self-defense preparations are never needed and that all our ammo is just used for fun at the range.

I have three grandchildren from my daughter with the youngest being just 5 month old. Not because Iím their grandmother but I believe they are the most gorgeous children in the world (ok, maybe because Iím their grandmother geezzz :grin: ) None yet from my two sons.

My current main carry is a G19. Weíll see if in 20 years I have the 1911 Iíve been drooling over.

I pray that the US remains the country that my parents selected to bring us up in. All our lives theyíve been telling us that there is no country like it in the whole wide world and I fully agree with their statement.

Here is wishing you and your families the best.... :wavey:

Misty02
04-09-2011, 23:42

I will help you! :supergrin:

Donít let it be said that Iíve never offered to be helpful to someone else in this forum!

:outtahere:

buster hyman
04-20-2011, 17:02
I'm planning to be rich by then, if all goes well. :supergrin:

6StringGeek
04-20-2011, 17:20
I just joined GT a few weeks ago and love it. In 20 years I will likely be bowing in reluctant servitude to our robot overlords, and the statement "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell" will have a whole new meaning.

All hail the robot overlords. :)

ATL_GLOCK
04-21-2011, 09:38
hmmm current trends...how about beard sweaters?

http://www.snorgtees.com/media/catalog/product/b/e/beardhead_fullpic_6_2.jpg

Long Tom Coffin
04-21-2011, 09:50

I think I'll be 50, young pup. :)

I'd like to personally thank (sarcastically) Eric for starting this thread. The thought of turning 30 this year was sobering enough but now he has made me think about turning 50. :faint:

Long Tom Coffin
04-21-2011, 09:52
I wonder exactly how things will be in 20 years. We are on the verge of running out of Fossil Fuels around that point, so I hope everyone has plenty of EBR's :)

snowcrash75
04-21-2011, 20:17
In 20 years, will Chuck Norris be more or less respected here?

eracer
04-22-2011, 06:12
Is the world really getting faster, more dangerous, less spiritual? Are we really losing our sense of right and wrong? Is technology making our lives easier, or more difficult?

Or have we embraced those things, and brought them to fruition?

itisbruno
05-01-2011, 21:38
GT was the first place I visited once I read of Bin Laden's death.

Rabbi
05-01-2011, 21:42

It 20 years, they will still be arguing over if he is really dead or living with Elvis and hitler under the protection of the Federal Reserve at Roswell.

Lone_Wolfe
05-02-2011, 02:16

GT was HOW I found out. What great news to wake up to here in the sandbox. :cool:

Foxtrotx1
05-02-2011, 02:41
Bin Laden is Dead. We were chasing him for almost half my life. I'm 21 now. Hopefully in 20 years I will have finally graduated college.

RMTactical
05-30-2011, 20:50
Glocktalk rocks!

michael e
05-30-2011, 20:58
The Glock Rifle will still be on its way this summer in 20 years. And maybe we will have the 380s in the us. A finally a single stack 9mm. Yep in 20 years everyone will be wanting the same things we want now

true believer
05-30-2011, 21:06
i'd put in a bunch of pic's of all the friends i've met on gt..some from all over the country with 1 commom ground..love of guns and good friends..
some who i'd call a sister and some brothers..but all great friends who if i could do anything i would..
:wavey:
bob

jwhite75
05-31-2011, 08:57
I have been a member here for quite some time just not an avid poster. I am a member in several other related and non related forums, and there are only so many hours in a day. LOL

This coming Sunday I will have been married to my best friend/beautiful young wife for one year.

I still havemy original Glock, a 23, I bought in 2000. It has multiple thousands of rounds through it and is going strong. I just bought my 35 last week and hope to start shooting some action pistol matches soon with it. My wife has had her G26 for about a year now and loves it. She never leaves home without it. Unfortunately she is a very good shooter with very little experience. Hopefully my male ego will hold up when she out shoots me on a regular basis in a few years.

Dan
07-31-2011, 12:37
I'll be 60 in twenty years.

I hope we are living in a better world by then.

Post #2242, just got back from vacation in the Avon OBX.

ViperGlock
07-31-2011, 12:51
In 20 years this will be irrelevant.

Alex_Knight
08-01-2011, 09:04
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I wanted to shoot myself in the head. So I did some research for the best gun to do this and I stumbled upon this site.

ChuteTheMall
08-01-2011, 17:25
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I wanted to shoot myself in the head. So I did some research for the best gun to do this and I stumbled upon this site.

Now I know why you post what you post.:okie:

Alex_Knight
08-01-2011, 17:29
Now I know why you post what you post.:okie:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Welcome aboard ! ! !

engineer151515
08-01-2011, 19:30

Oh look! They've been to Saturn. Hey, I've been to Saturn! Whoa. Sandworms. You hate 'em right? I hate 'em myself!
-Betelgeuse

itisbruno
08-01-2011, 22:51
I will help you! :supergrin:

Donít let it be said that Iíve never offered to be helpful to someone else in this forum!

:outtahere:

You never offered to be helpful to someone else in this forum!

Angry Fist
08-05-2011, 20:32
Should we put our former AAA rating in the GT time capsule?

As per request....

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1360779

The day "THEY" downgraded us.

W420Hunter
08-05-2011, 21:04
I think Ill be 47 and then I get a little sad. But it sounds like a lot of fun.

SomeDay
08-07-2011, 00:00
GT was HOW I found out. What great news to wake up to here in the sandbox. :cool:

To you and everyone else here who served, THANK YOU. And, FWIW, I am thankful that you are still here to talk about it!

Kobura
08-12-2011, 09:43
I wanted to shoot into the air when I heard Bin Laden was killed. I wasn't able to because I was living in Mother Jersey, and promptly hated myself for it.

I have since rectified that situation.

Still no work. Maybe soon, but no work.

My 10x11ft (3.3x3.7m for the rest of the world...) room looks like a deranged amateur armorer/paramilitary-wannabe/mass murderers. I am three of these four things (deranged of course! and... I'll let you guess the others). I have no plans to change this.

Haven't been to any competitive shoots, hoping to go to Topton GSSF next weekend... we'll see what fate says.

Still a loser. Card-carrying. (My RPGA card is right in there with my license, CCW, SocSec card, birth cert...)

I own almost as many items of camouflaged clothing as I do civvies. This is an unacceptable ratio... maybe I can paint some of the jeans mottled jungle colors.

A little snapshot of my life~

Zombie Steve
08-12-2011, 13:56
Still shooting lead in 2011, but the wheel weights around here are mostly zinc now.

:crying:

Lone_Wolfe
09-11-2011, 07:48
It’s now 9:40 AM Eastern time. 10 years ago at this time both towers of the WTC were burning. The world we knew had just changed forever. Innocent people died that day, and we went to war. Everyone is affected in some way, some more than others.

It’s 4:40PM over here in Iraq, and I just got back from a ceremony paying tribute to the victims and heroes of 9/11. I also know that everyone here with me is here because of what happened that day.

Never forget, never surrender. :patriot:

saspic
09-11-2011, 11:17
Bless you and your brothers & sisters in arms for all you do for us, Lone_Wolfe.:patriot:

Hopefully in 20 years we will all, with concerted effort, be more free than we are in 2011.

And if you are reading this in 2031, make sure you do the same for the generations to follow.

Silent_Runner
09-11-2011, 14:18
Bless you and your brothers & sisters in arms for all you do for us, Lone_Wolfe.:patriot:

Hopefully in 20 years we will all, with concerted effort, be more free than we are in 2011.

And if you are reading this in 2031, make sure you do the same for the generations to follow.
I agree with this entire post. God bless all who have served in the military or civilian service. This goes for all first responders also.:patriot:

Angry Fist
09-11-2011, 19:06
Itís now 9:40 AM Eastern time. 10 years ago at this time both towers of the WTC were burning. The world we knew had just changed forever. Innocent people died that day, and we went to war. Everyone is affected in some way, some more than others.

Itís 4:40PM over here in Iraq, and I just got back from a ceremony paying tribute to the victims and heroes of 9/11. I also know that everyone here with me is here because of what happened that day.

Never forget, never surrender. :patriot:
I can't wait to see what remains of our enemies in the '30s. Hopefully, our heads get screwed on right, and we decisively eliminate them.

Lone_Wolfe
09-11-2011, 19:27
To you and everyone else here who served, THANK YOU. And, FWIW, I am thankful that you are still here to talk about it!

Thank you Someday. I know I shouldn't still be here, but I am, so I'm thankful too. :wavey:

Thank you saspic. We're all grateful to the first responders, the military, the people on Flight 93, all the heroes we commonly think of, but there's some that come from unlikely places. If you don't already know the story of Rick Rescorla, read this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rescorla)A retired Colonel saved the lives of 2700 people that day by having prepared them with evec drills long before the attack. The right person in the right place, and what a good death. :patriot:

I can't wait to see what remains of our enemies in the '30s. Hopefully, our heads get screwed on right, and we decisively eliminate them.

Damn, I sure hope so!

travis34769
09-13-2011, 23:14
I got to see the Taurus .380 revolver for the first time 5 days ago. Awesome revolver. Cant wait to get one and shoot it!

marv
11-06-2011, 22:16
I hope Glock Talk is here 20 yrs from now. Also hope the 2nd ammendment is still with us.
Not meaning to pee in the Cherrios, but does anyone believe that the technology will exist in 20 yrs to read this Time Capsule? After my short time of piddling with 'puters I have stacks of 3.5" and 5.25 disks that I can't read.

NormanTD
11-09-2011, 06:34
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll. - ACDC

sdsnet
11-19-2011, 04:05
The year is 2011 right before Thanksgiving. I have a wonderful family, beautiful wife and 16 year old daughter. I like my job at a Fortune 50 company even though I am 48 and I am not in a management position. One terabyte of disk space is cheap $89, my pc has 12 gigs of RAM and a 3.33 ghz quad core Intel processor and Windows 7 Ultimate. I drive an 08 BMW 328i and 2003 Yamaha FZ1. I certainly hope that Obama does not win the next election.

CJStudent
12-30-2011, 18:04
26 years old.
Fed CO.
I've been on this site for over six years now, and its been a ride for sure! I can only imagine where things will be in 2031, or almost 2032!

wingspar
12-30-2011, 19:21
If I live 20 more years, Iíll be 85, and none of my relatives lived that long that Iím aware of except my grandmother on my fathers side. If Iím still around, and can still type on a keyboard, I will be an old timer on Glock Talk. Today, Iím not.

I wonder if more things will be made in the USA in 20 years instead of China. Sure hope so.

Waltermorl
01-01-2012, 12:07
Ok here goes......
My name is Walter, I'm from Orlando and hopefully will retire from a daily job in a couple years. I would like to get into IDPA shooting at my local ranges for some friendship and fun. As a procastinator I still haven't decided whether to buy a Glock 9 or a 40. I am leaning toward the 9 for the cost of ammo alone but...... Still thinking bout it.

WalterM

Bullman
01-06-2012, 04:46
Well, since I have been a part of the methusalan thread too for some time now, I guess I should make a contribution here as well.

I am a Republican

I am a gun addict

I am a career professional law enforcement officer

I hope I am around in 20 years so I can retire again and play with grandkids.

Osborne
01-12-2012, 01:27
Getting my first gun/glock soon!

Mamaluke
01-12-2012, 01:30
I love my wife and 2 children.

skanless
01-12-2012, 01:35
Here lurking around and posting with cool people that I have got to know from this forum. Shout out to the GTDS... ya you know who you are :)

Angry Fist
01-12-2012, 10:20
Wooooooooooot!

< GTDS'er

Nicko
01-12-2012, 22:28
<<<<< Will hopefully one day buy the two above a nice cold beer. :wavey:

Viva La GTDS. :cheers:

Calico Jack
01-12-2012, 22:41
<<<<< Will hopefully one day buy the two above a nice cold beer. :wavey:

Viva La GTDS. :cheers:

GTDS? What is this GTDS you speak of?

Vic777
01-18-2012, 18:39
I would like to Direct a Long Movie (90 to 120 minutes) in the next Five years.

ColdSteelNail
02-13-2012, 18:44
Hello everyone in 2032. Has Glock figured out their ejection problems yet?

itisbruno
02-13-2012, 22:06
New GT Look Rolls Out on 2-14-12

Hi folks. GT has been around almost a decade-and-a-half now. For most of that time, the site looks, colors and functionality haven't changed that much. Well, we have been working hard on a revamped look for the site.

The new theme is a cleaner, more modern look and it makes the site easier to use and to navigate. Links to the major areas of the site are easier to find, as are site policies and other important information. There will also be info pages on Glock Inc and their pistol models, by the end of the week.

Thought this would be a good addition.

Anyone with the skills should post a screen shot of the site as it is today.

Lone_Wolfe
02-14-2012, 02:57
Thought this would be a good addition.

Anyone with the skills should post a screen shot of the site as it is today.

Here's a quickie for you, just the top of the page and a glimpse of how our Control Panels look today.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=222936&stc=1&d=1329209808

Lone_Wolfe
02-14-2012, 14:29
And here's the new look, as seen Tuesday evening, Feb 14. Not too drastic of a change to the layout, but the colors are completely different.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=222949&stc=1&d=1329251339

ETA; I just noticed what the second thread listed in my control panel is. Very relevant that it should be mentioned here, as Desert_Scorpoin was a well respected member of GT, along with being a Glock armorer. He was also engaged to Souther Gal, a very popular and well loved member of GT. Our hearts go out to her and to his family. :sadangel:

itisbruno
02-14-2012, 18:09
Here's a quickie for you, just the top of the page and a glimpse of how our Control Panels look today.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=222936&stc=1&d=1329209808

A quickie for Valentines day from Lone_Wolfe, who could ask for more.

:hearts:

Marc1956
02-17-2012, 07:43
Thank you Someday. I know I shouldn't still be here, but I am, so I'm thankful too. :wavey:

Thank you saspic. We're all grateful to the first responders, the military, the people on Flight 93, all the heroes we commonly think of, but there's some that come from unlikely places. If you don't already know the story of Rick Rescorla, read this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rescorla)A retired Colonel saved the lives of 2700 people that day by having prepared them with evec drills long before the attack. The right person in the right place, and what a good death. :patriot:

Damn, I sure hope so!

LW, thank you, so much, for mentioning the name of Rick Rescorla. Believe it or not, I had never heard of him or his heroic actions! I almost cried reading about him and his selfless actions on 9-11. The irony is that if Morgan Stanley had listened to him in the first place, they would not have been in New York when the attacks happened! He was a hero and a visionary. Thanks, again, for mentioning his name. For those of you who do not know him, spend some time learning about him. And, LW, thank you for what you have done and continue to do for your nation. :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
02-17-2012, 12:19
LW, thank you, so much, for mentioning the name of Rick Rescorla. Believe it or not, I had never heard of him or his heroic actions! I almost cried reading about him and his selfless actions on 9-11. The irony is that if Morgan Stanley had listened to him in the first place, they would not have been in New York when the attacks happened! He was a hero and a visionary. Thanks, again, for mentioning his name. For those of you who do not know him, spend some time learning about him. And, LW, thank you for what you have done and continue to do for your nation. :wavey:

You're most welcome, on both counts. :wavey:

The sad thing about if Stanley Morgan had listened and pulled their people out is that someone else would have moved their people in there with no Rick Rescorla to save them. So we have a lose-lose situation, and the world lost a real hero that day. :patriot:

Magnus2131
02-28-2012, 02:46
You're most welcome, on both counts. :wavey:

The sad thing about if Stanley Morgan had listened and pulled their people out is that someone else would have moved their people in there with no Rick Rescorla to save them. So we have a lose-lose situation, and the world lost a real hero that day. :patriot:
Aww Lone_Wolfe, one of the people I've come to love on here. Long live Glock Talk.

riverrat
03-31-2012, 18:24
I am at the Tulsa gun show. Will be 67 in 20 years if God is willing. I hope we have gun shows in 20 years, but I would not bet on it. Got my 6 year old girl a Henry "mare's leg" .22 for now and a nice 20 gauge double for later. Maybe pick up something for Me tomorrow. Take care and shoot straight.

Ted

Johnspark
04-14-2012, 06:06
I figure it's time I got in on this thread.

Is it still considered fashionably late at this point?

Anyway, for the record, I owned a Bravia before it got famous.

Updates as warranted.

u n v kenny
04-14-2012, 19:25
20 years from now, holy crap. I'll be 47. Currently never been married, no kids. I'm doing great!

ponders
04-23-2012, 19:01
not to be depressing but in 20 years the 2A prob wont be around anymore,

i hope i am wrong,

im 25 getting married on june 23 2012

no kids

crappy job.

hope the RKBA is still around but with things going downhill it will be gone.

From my cold dead hands:50cal:

Green Mountain Boy
06-26-2012, 10:04
Today I'm carrying a G27 Gen 4. In 20 years maybe I'll be carrying a g27 gen 6 who knows. I know I love the outdoors, like my job, love my dog, and love my soon to be wife. Hopefully in 20 years that will all still be true.

Regards, GMB

Tvov
06-26-2012, 10:35
It's been almost a year and a half since I first posted in this thread!

Son and I went hunting for the first time last fall, and plan on doing a lot more. We haven't gotten anything yet, but having a great time. Hopefully in 20 years hunting will still be legal.

FireForged
07-15-2012, 10:01
heck, I just hope that I'm still here in 20years. If so, I will probably be reading this on the halogram network and shopin for a green lazer pistol.

TangoFoxtrot
07-29-2012, 04:09
Hmmm 20 years from now .....Will there be a 2nd ammendment or any firearms left in civilian hands? Will this have started a civil war in the U.S.? :dunno:

Will this site still be here? ...I hope so.

jr240sx
08-26-2012, 04:26
I was thinking, i need to get off my lazy ***** and enjoy the outdoors more...

Lone_Wolfe
09-12-2012, 20:20
A staunch Patriot died yesterday, September 11, 2012 (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19409780#post19409780)
Somehow the date seems appropriate if he had to go.

Rest in Peace, Jeff Abshire
1962-2012
aka 23Skidoo
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/Jeff/InHouse.jpg

Heaven needed another angel, so the took the very best. :patriot:

Rest well, Jeff, you are loved by many, and will be missed by all who were lucky enough to know you. Kind, gentle souls like you are a rare find.

Here's another thing I want to show# It's GT's policy to change the person's User Title to read 'deceased' if they get notification of that fact# But I was disappointed to see Jeff's Charter Membership removed, so I took a screenshot of his very last post here on GT# I wanted to show that not only was he a Patriot, a great guy, but he also contributed to the forum that he got so much out of...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/Jeff/UsernameScreenshot9346-2.png

Silent_Runner
09-19-2012, 17:33
May he rest in peace.

Zombie Steve
09-20-2012, 02:27
:patriot:

SCmasterblaster
09-20-2012, 07:09
Je 56 ans. VT

certifiedfunds
10-05-2012, 23:01
In 2012, it was finally determined that .45 > 10mm. The caliber wars have ended.

G29Reload
10-06-2012, 17:47
In 2012, it was finally determined that .45 > 10mm. The caliber wars have ended.

No, you wrote it down backwards. For posterity it was 10mm>.45.

G29. :supergrin:

Rick C
10-06-2012, 18:33
certifiedfunds, G29Reload,
This is why we we can't have anything nice.

janice6
10-06-2012, 18:45
Let's see. In twenty years I'll be 93. My grandfather lived to 99. My father lived to middle 90's. I am going to see this thread just out of cussedness and spite. I'll still have a gun near me and relish in the fact that my XSIL and his brother will be long dead.

I fully intend to be in control of my faculties and rational. I may have to pee every 10 minutes, but I'll know about it.

Thanks for the memories.

p.s. If I am dead, never mind.

Diesel McBadass
10-06-2012, 21:21
20 years ill be 42. Not a caliber age, damn, im planning to buy a gun in the caliber of my age each year i can....

G29Reload
10-07-2012, 10:11
certifiedfunds, G29Reload,
This is why we we can't have anything nice.

He started it!

:supergrin:

00Glazz
11-15-2012, 16:36
In slightly late, but better than never right? In 20 years I will be 43. Hopefully this site is still around and I am still able to collect, shoot and carry! Time will tell.

Steve_G
01-01-2013, 10:28
I see in late night negotiating the senate republicans went along with a $1 in spending cuts for every $43 increase in taxes.
Right now I'm not feeling very confident that our republic will survive this presidency.

sdsnet
01-01-2013, 12:34
I'm 49 as of a couple days ago so I should be around at 69. My daughter is a senior in high school and is deciding which college to attend. My wife survived sudden cardiac death in late January so we are fortunate for that. I recently changed jobs after an 11.5 year stint at a big corporation and it has been a good thing.

I pray that our country is not lost in the next 20 years. There are so many people that only want hand-outs from the government and too many in government that want hand out. I fear for our country because the conservatives are doing such a poor job, won't work as a team and are only in it for themselves. I'm concerned about what has been happening all around us in this country.

sdsnet (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=70621)CLM Number 43
NRA Member

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/image.php?u=70621&dateline=1253418151 (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=70621)

OfficerChris
01-14-2013, 03:49
That is a great idea.

I am 29 right now, in April the big 30 is coming up. So in 20 years I will be 50 - officially old :supergrin:.

Still thinking about applying for a green card. I am not an unrealistic US fanboy, but I would love to live in the US.
Next to work I am studying for a bachelors degree in business administration and business psychology right now. Its really hard, but seems like it works.

Would be happy to see this thread again in 20 years, living happily, not beeing broke and looking forward for another at least 20 years.
I am also looking forward to have my whole family and friends still going well in 20 years and not having lost someone.

Some predictions for the future:

In 20 years an average meal at an average restaurant will cost 30€ without drinks.
Gas will be 4€/litre.
There still wont be flying cars and Hoverboards.
Ice bears and most big sharks will be extinct.
The US will have a female president and same sex marriage in all states.
Big dangerous ghettos now have walls around them and military personell guarding them.
There was a war between China and Japan.
North and South Korea will be mostly united.
We will send people to the Mars soon.
Still no alien invasion.
Big comeback of nuclear power plants.
Gold will be 5k$.
Cellphones will have 3d displays, Tvs will be mostly 3d only, most of them are gone now, people use laser beamer instead.
We will wear the same stuff as in the 80s.
Metallica is doing their last tour.
Rolling Stones too.
Electric cars still suck mostly.
The next crusade has begone.
lawman is an old fart.

Rabbi
01-14-2013, 10:09
The upsetting thing is this thread is already over a year old...*POOF*...one year down. The next 19 will slip away as well....

TBO
01-15-2013, 23:57
Will the Vikes have won a super bowl by then?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

dango
01-17-2013, 21:19
On a happy note , I'll be some potent dirt , (Fertilizer) ,for someone's legal pot plants ! PRIM-O.........! :supergrin:

Have a fruitful future.....! :wavey:

PicardMD
01-19-2013, 18:31
Zefram Cochrane will be one year old when this thread closes.

itisbruno
01-30-2013, 19:54
Zefram Cochrane will be one year old when this thread closes.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh193/brun02/smiley/sweetjesusyt2.gif

Will my photobucket account exist in 20 years??

umadcuzimstylin
02-04-2013, 02:55
So did the communist politicians start a civil war and get pawned?

cgjane
02-12-2013, 15:52
Vienna Sausages still around?

OfficerChris
02-13-2013, 08:26
mine hopefully haha

Magnus2131
02-27-2013, 11:27

We can dream.

Angry Fist
03-09-2013, 11:42
Hugo Chavez may be just a footnote in history by then. Good riddance, assbag. :cool:

Rick C
05-03-2013, 19:35
.22 LR prices have forsaken the unprepared.

clarkz71
06-28-2013, 09:53
I'm only 49, but with my medical issues I hope I'm
still alive in 20 years.

I'll post on here every now and again though. Good thread idea.

OfficerChris
06-28-2013, 09:55
I'm only 49, but with my medical issues I hope I'm
still alive in 20 years.

I'll post on here every now and again though. Good thread idea.

oh crap... good luck and best wishes

clarkz71
06-28-2013, 10:09
oh crap... good luck and best wishes

Thanks man, It is what it is, I'm not going to whine
and get depressed.

I still get around well, go shooting and normal every day activities.

I'm lucky I'm strong minded and make the most of things.

The gun hobby definitly helps, you need something enjoyable to do.

OfficerChris
07-01-2013, 08:23
Thanks man, It is what it is, I'm not going to whine
and get depressed.

I still get around well, go shooting and normal every day activities.

I'm lucky I'm strong minded and make the most of things.

The gun hobby definitly helps, you need something enjoyable to do.

Very good mindset. I am not sure how I would handle that.

Rick C
07-03-2013, 18:18
Tomorrow will be 237 years from July 4, 1776.
Itís always been a bumpy ride.
Happy Birthday to the United States of America.

P99er
07-09-2013, 09:16
7-9-13:

We found out we lost a beloved member today, and the membership is stunned with sadness.

Our beloved Mayor, Okie has passed away, never to be forgotten.

The General Non Glocking forum has been renamed to The Okie Corral.

"Lest We Forget".

Lone_Wolfe
07-09-2013, 14:52
As P99er mentioned, GT has lost it's most prolific and beloved poster, okie. Last night after the news broke, Eric renamed the GNG Lounge to The Okie Corral. I had to chuckle because I've been to Tombstone, AZ and the OK Corral. I could just picture our okie strutting around there with a big six-gun on his hip.

He's the only GT'er to have over 100,000 posts. Most of them are gone now, as this forum gets purged all too often. One long-gone thread is the one started to commorate his 100,000th post. I saved a screeenshot that I'll share here. You'll see that he was a Charter Lifetime Member, but has a strangely high member #. In reality, there were only a little over 300 CLM's sold. I really don't know how he got the # 2129, but he did. I do know that the membership was bought by several of us in the Outpost Lounge when his Plat expired and he was going through some financial hard times.

GT has lost several, especially in the past year. Just the ones that I know about...

Jeff - 23Skidoo, Sept 11, 2012
Chad - cjlandry, Nov 6, 2012
Ron - El_Ron1, May 1, 2013
Jack - Goiajack, June 1, 2013
Gloria - Silent_Runner, June 6, 2013
Mark - okie, July 8, 2013

I knew 2 of them personally, they were both really special to me. 3 more, I'd exchanged PM's and emails with on several occasions, and consider all to be friends. Only one that I didn't know well, but liked him and enjoyed when he did talk with me. A great loss to us all. :crying:

And now the screenshot...

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/Sandbox/okies100000post_zps67aa8a05.jpg

P99er
07-09-2013, 15:03
From another thread, preserved for posterity:

He didn't post great revelations, he wasn't a genious, he didn't make a lot of money or change the world. He just had a kind heart, and it showed in his posts. He had a kind and encouraging word for everyone.

SomeDay
07-09-2013, 18:02
[QUOTE=Lone_Wolfe;20443244]As P99er mentioned, GT has lost it's most prolific and beloved poster, okie. Last night after the news broke, Eric renamed the GNG Lounge to The Okie Corral. I had to chuckle because I've been to Tombstone, AZ and the OK Corral. I could just picture our okie strutting around there with a big six-gun on his hip.

He's the only GT'er to have over 100,000 posts. Most of them are gone now, as this forum gets purged all too often. One long-gone thread is the one started to commorate his 100,000th post. I saved a screeenshot that I'll share here. You'll see that he was a Charter Lifetime Member, but has a strangely high member #. In reality, there were only a little over 300 CLM's sold. I really don't know how he got the # 2129, but he did. I do know that the membership was bought by several of us in the Outpost Lounge when his Plat expired and he was going through some financial hard times.

GT has lost several, especially in the past year. Just the ones that I know about...

I knew 2 of them personally, they were both really special to me. 3 more, I'd exchanged PM's and emails with on several occasions, and consider all to be friends. Only one that I didn't know well, but liked him and enjoyed when he did talk with me. A great loss to us all. :crying:

This has been a rough year for GT. Thank you for posting this summary. This has been a particularly hard loss.

freepatriot
07-11-2013, 08:17
Memorial service for Mark Reimer
Saturday July 13th @ 2p.m.
1st Free Will Baptist Church
1487 E. Poplar
Ft. Gibson OK.
Memorial in Whicita KS Pending.

Sorry if repost

zoyter2
07-11-2013, 23:44
In the past couple of years, I lost my Father, Mother and Sisters. I grieved as a son and brother would and moved on unchanged.

Just recently a man passed whom I had never met, nor had I ever spoken to other than passing comments on this forum, and too few of those. The outpouring of love and obvious sadness demonstrated to me that there was something very, very special about this man. These postings and feelings made me wonder who here would miss me if my time came to pass, and with no wonder, I figured "not many".

This made me begin to look at just what made this man so special. Was it his vast knowledge or wisdom? Was it he sharp wit? Was it his ability to debate? It was none of these. It was because he was such a rare and special person in today's world. He was someone who was a genuinely kind and compassionate soul. Someone who had only good things to say, and was generous with that goodness. In short, he was Okie, and that was enough.

This loss and the evidence of the hole he left in hundreds of hearts has made me rethink the way I will treat others in the future. I will make every attempt to be kind and supportive in my posts, leaving the debate and snarky comments to someone else.

Okie, you have given me something very rare. A goal for which to strive. That goal is to "make every person with which I interact feel better in some small way".

Thank you my friend for the example you set for all of us by simply being what you were.

Lone_Wolfe
07-13-2013, 00:21
.......GT has lost several, especially in the past year. Just the ones that I know about...

This has been a rough year for GT. Thank you for posting this summary. This has been a particularly hard loss.

For sure. I'll feel 2 of the losses for a long time to come.

Kichigai
07-13-2013, 06:03
Guess i will jump in.....My name is Dave and I will be 36 end of this month:brickwall: don't think i will make it to the 20 year mark due to very poor family genetics and bad personal habits:dunno: I live in south florida which is a crazy place but has many good points as well. I like guns, fast sportbikes, fast cars, and getting a little crazy sometimes:supergrin: Hopefully in 20 years we still have our current freedoms but i guess we shall see. oh yeah obama is president right now and he is not well liked by many so it will be interesting to see how history views him.

Bandit 1
07-13-2013, 06:47
Based on my current avg, 20 years from now I will have 32,799 posts, less than 1/3 what Okie accomplished.
Hoping he is still being quoted.

ICARRY2
07-14-2013, 08:36

Right after the Cardinals! :p