My new 870 Express [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My new 870 Express

sgt-spam
01-12-2011, 18:50
I recently bought an 870 Express Combo, with the intent of doing a little hunting with my dad, based on the reputation of his Wingmaster. The guns are different, but that's not what we're here to discuss.

I quickly found a world of accessories and started ordering. aippi here on Glock Talk was a big help and I ordered a box full of stuff from him. Used the pictured swage to flatten the dimples instead of drilling / grinding.

The final product is my HD / range gun, with the barrels you see in the background for use in the field... Can't wait to get it out to the range and put a few more rounds through it!

All Remington parts:
18.5" cylinder bore barrel
Synthetic stock and LE forend
+2 extension (haven't put the clamp on, not sure I will)
Heavy / police sear
Heavy carrier dog spring
Milled extractor

Photo Album Link (http://picasaweb.google.com/115882811131471758376/Remington870?authkey=Gv1sRgCP_Z9cCP3qGgDw&feat=directlink)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LVgT-dyU794/TS7u1RLypJI/AAAAAAAAAzw/VnJHgROcZdI/s640/IMG_0100.png

Aceman
01-12-2011, 18:59
Congrats! And JD will do you up right!!!

870 Express - All the 870 anyone would ever really need...

sgt-spam
01-12-2011, 19:06
Congrats! And JD will do you up right!!!

870 Express - All the 870 anyone would ever really need...

Thanks, and yes - JD took great care of me. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from him in the future!

Cool Impala Glocker
01-12-2011, 20:27
How did he take care of you? I just bought a used combo as well with a Parkerized 18 bbl with a 26 regular bbl. It's basically stock and I wanna upgrade tactical as well. Pm me if you want or post here. Cheers

sgt-spam
01-12-2011, 20:32
How did he take care of you? I just bought a used combo as well with a Parkerized 18 bbl with a 26 regular bbl. It's basically stock and I wanna upgrade tactical as well. Pm me if you want or post here. Cheers

He was quick to respond to my emails, helpful in explaining some differences between parts, and reasonable with pricing & shipping. He let me know when the MO I sent arrived and shipped the next day. Everything arrived in a timely fashion and was very well packed. You can't ask for more than that!

Cool Impala Glocker
01-12-2011, 20:53
He was quick to respond to my emails, helpful in explaining some differences between parts, and reasonable with pricing & shipping. He let me know when the MO I sent arrived and shipped the next day. Everything arrived in a timely fashion and was very well packed. You can't ask for more than that!

sending you a pm

Z71bill
01-13-2011, 07:14
I recently bought an 870 Express Combo, with the intent of doing a little hunting with my dad, based on the reputation of his Wingmaster. The guns are different, but that's not what we're here to discuss.

I quickly found a world of accessories and started ordering. aippi here on Glock Talk was a big help and I ordered a box full of stuff from him. Used the pictured swage to flatten the dimples instead of drilling / grinding.

The final product is my HD / range gun, with the barrels you see in the background for use in the field... Can't wait to get it out to the range and put a few more rounds through it!

All Remington parts:
18.5" cylinder bore barrel
Synthetic stock and LE forend
+2 extension (haven't put the clamp on, not sure I will)
Heavy / police sear
Heavy carrier dog spring
Milled extractor

Photo Album Link (http://picasaweb.google.com/115882811131471758376/Remington870?authkey=Gv1sRgCP_Z9cCP3qGgDw&feat=directlink)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LVgT-dyU794/TS7u1RLypJI/AAAAAAAAAzw/VnJHgROcZdI/s640/IMG_0100.png

I had an 870 with the 18.5" barrel - bought a used 30" barrel off gun broker -

I have - as a result of using the gun with the 30" barrel to shoot clays - put hundreds of extra rounds through it.

The side benefit of this extra use is a much smoother action.

No way I would have ever gone out and put 200 rounds (in a single day) through the gun if all I had was the 18.5 " barrel.

IMHO - having a second barrel is a great investment.