"You Might Be A Gun Nut If" [Archive] - Page 2 - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "You Might Be A Gun Nut If"

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

AIREglockDALE
07-21-2006, 08:48
if...while watching the movie US Marshalls you stand up and cheer when Tommy Lee Jones states "Ya need to get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK!!"
if...you dream of some glorious day of owning the entire GLOCK family.

mnMACD
07-21-2006, 11:08
Or if you constantly post on the "you might be a gun nut if" thread.

that right there's funny I don't care who you are.

Navy HMC
07-21-2006, 14:32
Originally posted by mrb302

- if you use a catalog in the gun shop to prove to the new counter guy that the p/n for Hornady XTP/HP .45 ACP bullets is the same as the p/n for .45 GAP bullets because they are the same and not different calibers like he insist they are, and then go on to show him that the RCBS 3 die TC pistol die set is the same for both rounds (guilty, he tried to tell us that a .45 GAP was actually .32xxx in diameter but because the ballistics were so similar to ACP they "just called it a .45")

I do believe that this falls in the category:

"Those of you who THINK you know everything are ANNOYING those of us who do! of course those of us who do know everything, know that we don't truly know everything but a whole hell of a lot more than YOU! #@%**&

:supergrin: :rollsmiley: :supergrin:

Navy HMC
07-21-2006, 14:45
Originally posted by AIREglockDALE

In Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3.

:supergrin:

Glockdude1
07-21-2006, 19:04

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eddief4
07-22-2006, 10:29
[i]if...you dream of some glorious day of owning the entire GLOCK family.[/B]

or already do. in 1st,2nd&3rd grneration:rollsmiley:

Glockdude1
07-22-2006, 11:23
Originally posted by eddief4
or already do. in 1st,2nd&3rd generation:rollsmiley:

Every model, in every caliber? 9mm, .40, .45, 10mm, .45Gap, .357Sig etc???

:cool:

Navy HMC
07-22-2006, 15:11
or already do. in 1st,2nd&3rd grneration:rollsmiley:

You sir, are a GOD! I am not worthy!!!!!

But that said...
:needspics: :supergrin:

eddief4
07-22-2006, 17:01
Originally posted by Navy HMC
You sir, are a GOD! I am not worthy!!!!!

But that said...
:needspics: :supergrin:

NO,no, no.i don't. but if i did...

Walter45Auto
07-22-2006, 21:27
Originally posted by NRA_guy
...........you check the Yellow Pages to see if there are any gun shops in the area.

No but I have checked th internet on dad's Blackberry to find some out in Euless While we were inbetween jobs. There happened to be one right down the street from where we were working. Went in there after lunch. They had a pair of shotguns I'd liked to have bought... one Browning BPS that fit me real well for $349, and a Stoeger 20 ga SxS Uplander with the Engilsh style stock for $275.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

Walter45Auto
07-22-2006, 21:29
man, I swear I am watching the Bugs Bunny cartoon "Wabbit Season"

Daffy Duck: Wabbit Season!
Bugs Bunny: ...Duck Season!

Bugs Bunny: ...Wabbit Season!

Daffy Duck: Duck Season Shoot!!!

>BLAM!<

DD: I hate you!

That last one is supposed to be

DD: You're Dispicable!

Walter45Auto
07-22-2006, 21:36
Originally posted by kygungirl
You might be a gun nut

If you buy a new coffee table where the top lifts up so you can attach a holster to it. Then wind up buy another gun to go with it.

If you buy a half dozen police trade in Ruger Speed Sixes so you can have an emergency gun in all your rooms. Yes including both bathroom's. Yes no kids in the house.

Now THOSE are awesome Ideas!!!!!

You might be a gun nut if you plan to use at least 3 of the ideas mentioned in the "You Might Be a Gun Nut" thread.

Walter45Auto
07-22-2006, 21:39
- If you take a gun to family reunions.

Well, YEAH!! I set the exapmle in my family!!!!:supergrin:

Walter45Auto
07-22-2006, 21:46
Originally posted by Glockdude1
.......You have more pictures of your favorite weapons in your wallet, than your family...... ;)

.....If your Wallet is camo and made by Remintgton. (But to be fair I REALLY WAS in need of a new wallet anyway...)
.....If you bouth that, a Remington leash and collar (Also camo) for your German Shepherd because your main deer rifle happens to be a Remington.

computron
07-25-2006, 08:36
ok im thinking its time to start a new thread with only the list of "you might be a gun nut if" so new people dont have to spend 45 minutes reading this whole thread

you might be a gun nut if you spend the last 45 mins Reading this forum and went "Yep I can see that" or "Whats wrong with that"

if you ever tried to get your Dog a holster for his Remington collar
.. if you couldnt find one and modified one of yours to fit

if after reading theses posts you hit the yellow pages looking places to sell your plasma

NRA_guy
07-25-2006, 10:58
---You bought a Remmington electric shaver because it was the only brand name you recognized---and after you got it home you tried to figure out where the bullets go.

Navy HMC
07-25-2006, 16:49
Originally posted by computron
ok im thinking its time to start a new thread with only the list of "you might be a gun nut if" so new people dont have to spend 45 minutes reading this whole thread

I have kept a list of all of the entries. With few if any repeats the list is now 339. That's 12 pages of entires!

I have thought about starting a new thread with the list, but Glockdude1 started this thread 11-24-2002 so I didn't have the heart to start a new thread as this one hase been going for 3 1/2 years (+).

If you would like, PM me your email and I will send you the list as it stands today. Including the last one added by NRA_guy.

Some entries were put where it would make sense if it was an addebdun to one already in, but for the most part it is ni sequential order of entry. The list is 92K in size, in MSWORD.

Glockdude1
07-25-2006, 16:56
Navy HMC,

Thank you for doing excellent work!!

E-mail me a current list please.

MGlockdude1@yahoo.com

SomeDay
07-25-2006, 21:45
Navy HMC,

Thank you for doing excellent work!!

E-mail me a current list please.

MGlockdude1@yahoo.com

You might be a gun nut if you ask for a list of gun-nut lines. (actually, I asked for one, too).

Navy HMC
07-26-2006, 02:00
Originally posted by SomeDay
You might be a gun nut if you ask for a list of gun-nut lines. (actually, I asked for one, too).

Not to mention that you REALLY are a gun nut is you made the list to begin with!!:supergrin: :rollsmiley: :supergrin:

Glockdude1
07-26-2006, 11:55
Not to mention that you REALLY are a gun nut is you made the list to begin with!!:supergrin: :rollsmiley: :supergrin:

I resemble that remark............. ;)

SomeDay
07-26-2006, 22:10

Thanks for the list!

Newgun
07-29-2006, 18:28
Originally posted by Manjo
-if you know why 30-06 is pronounced "thirty alt six"

Can you please explain why?

Aught means zero. 1906 was then verbalized as aught 6. 2006 would be 20 aught six. In these parts it is pronounced aut. 1906 was the year that US military adopted the 30 cal. round.

Glockdude1
07-29-2006, 18:31
Originally posted by Newgun
Originally posted by Manjo

Can you please explain why?

Easy. "Thirty alt six" is gunnut speak in "weaponese"........ ;)

WorrGlock
07-30-2006, 10:34
If FBI agents have ever asked you to settle an arguement about how to do a TRB (Tap Rack Bang).

This actually happend :laughabove:

If the owner of your local gunshop has ever asked you to be a godfather to one of his children.

If the emergency kit in your car contains flashlight,Jumpercables,extra ammo,etc

If you hide guns at a buddies house during a divorice.

Currently doing that one :woohoo:

Navy HMC
07-30-2006, 14:40
:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

Glockdude1
07-30-2006, 18:43
.......You only buy your kids BELT FED MACHINE GUN TOYS for their G.I. Joe's............

vafish
07-30-2006, 20:34
.......You only buy your kids BELT FED MACHINE GUN TOYS for their G.I. Joe's............

Your kids prefer their real guns (they wish they were belt fed!) to the ones their GI Joes have.

Walter45Auto
08-01-2006, 21:22
Saw one of these that said "If you buy HI cap mags for a gun you don't have yet" Well I recently found and ordered a 40 round drum for a GLOCK 21 (No It's NOT a typo. You read right. 40 ROUND DRUM.). And today, my Gun collection CAUGHT UP!!!! I BOUGHT A GLOCK 30!!! Now if that mag would just get here.

HPVFD7233
08-01-2006, 22:29
If your dog is named after a firearm., Shotgun , sorry I mean
SHOTGUN VON SUNDOWN

mrb302
08-01-2006, 22:32
HPVFD7233...

I'm guessing High Point?

Glockdude1
08-02-2006, 08:44
.......You use Hoppes #9 as air freshner........

stash1184
08-03-2006, 02:01
if you have ever bought out two diffrent stores supplies of one caliber so that you could have one decent range session.

mrb302
08-03-2006, 07:37
.......You use Hoppes #9 as air freshner........

Actually, I bought one of the plastic bottles of Hoppe's AutoPistol Bore Cleaners and left it in the back of the car accidently. It had one of those foil seals on the mouth of the bottle. When it got hot in the car the whole thing swelled up until the seal busted and leaked bore cleaner everywhere. My car smelled strongly of bore cleaner for 2 months!

That was rough... I had to drive with the windows down in 90 degree weather.

mnMACD
08-03-2006, 07:40
If the most intelligent conversation you've EVER had involved talking ABOUT A GUN .

WorrGlock
08-03-2006, 20:12
Originally posted by mnMACD
If the most intelligent conversation you've EVER had involved talking ABOUT A GUN . ]

Well yeah, I mean what else would it be about?

Glockdude1
08-03-2006, 20:21
Originally posted by WorrGlock
Well yeah, I mean what else would it be about?

WorrGlock,

That poster is just a little Troll looking for attention. Just click the "ignore" button. All will be fine. I started this post almost 4 years ago, I will not let it be runied by that little Troll.

WorrGlock
08-04-2006, 07:28
WorrGlock,

That poster is just a little Troll looking for attention. Just click the "ignore" button. All will be fine. I started this post almost 4 years ago, I will not let it be runied by that little Troll.

No worries here Buddy :)

Now where were we? Oh yeah.

If Gaston Glock is on your Christmas card list.

Dennis in MA
08-04-2006, 09:13
Wouldn't that be if YOU were on Gaston's X-mas card list? ;)

Glockdude1
08-04-2006, 10:12
......Gaston calls you at home asking for the specs on that slim line, full size 9mm, .40 &.45 you have always wanted....... ;)

eddief4
08-04-2006, 10:57
...if gaston asked you on your oppion on his new gun line,

and when you disaproved he didn't make it.:rollsmiley:

Navy HMC
08-08-2006, 02:13
From NYC Drew in Cop Talk:

If you can count yer guns and yuh ammo, you don't quite have enough.

not quite a "You Might Be A Gun Nut If" but close enough!

mnMACD
08-08-2006, 06:55
I've learned one thing reading these posts. YOU ALL HAVE TO MUCH DAMN FREE TIME. GET OFF the couches sell you firearms so you can make rent, then talk about something non-gun related. If you can.

mnMACD
08-08-2006, 06:57
runied: ha ha ha lololo, it is ruined.

WorrGlock,

Navy HMC
08-08-2006, 07:24
I've learned one thing reading these posts. YOU ALL HAVE TO MUCH DAMN FREE TIME. GET OFF the couches sell you firearms so you can make rent, then talk about something non-gun related. If you can.

Sell you firearms: ha ha ha lololo, Sell your firearms

As said before, this is the wrong place to post your views. Please Troll elsewhere.

WorrGlock
08-08-2006, 16:25

If you feel sorry for this guy because he has a little Peepee.

:laughabove: You might be a Gun Nut :laughabove:

Glockdude1
08-08-2006, 17:44
If you feel sorry for this guy because he has a little Peepee.

:laughabove: You might be a Gun Nut :laughabove:

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :tongueout: :crazy: :tongueout: :wow: :dancing: :goodpost: :uglylol: :goodpost: :agree: :milestone: :dancingbanana: :pepper:

WorrGlock
08-08-2006, 21:23
If you think the words to a night before christmas are as follows.

On Styer on Glock on Browning and Ruger, On Colt on Sig on Smith and Wesson.

If you have ever pictured Santas elves reloading ammo. (If you didn't before I bet you just did)

If your childs second word was "GUN" (first word was daddy)

:laughabove: Boy! was Mommy pissed :shocked:

Navy HMC
08-08-2006, 23:05
If you think the words to a night before christmas are as follows.

On Styer on Glock on Browning and Ruger, On Colt on Sig on Smith and Wesson.

If you have ever pictured Santas elves reloading ammo. (If you didn't before I bet you just did)

:laughabove: Those have got to be some of the best for a while here!!!

And yes, I can now picture the elves working reloaders (generic ones to avoid flame wars-Santa can have whatever he wants)-thanks for the humorous mental image..."Hurry my little elves, the national IDPA match is only a week away":supergrin:

:thumbsup: :number1: :dancing: :rock: :rofl: :notworthy:

mnMACD
08-09-2006, 05:57
What lame asses call it a "peepee" the last time I heard that word I was 3.

Navy HMC
08-09-2006, 07:01
mnMACD, how can I put this? Please go away! please take your trolling and find another venue to irritate! It may be that you are acting like a 3 year old so are being treated as such.

Your comments are made with the obvious attempt to irritate those that visit and post here and on other forums. I do believe that the moderators have notified you of your poor behavior in the past as you were not "here" for a while. If you persist, you may find yourself banned.

This is indeed a pro-gun site that in the right forum members will listen to and debate your anti-gun stance. However, as I have informed you before, this IS NOT that forum. Please avail yourself to The Gun Control Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=24) to address these issues. In other forums, you are being an irritant as those other forums are the wrong venue for your posts and views.

To reiterate: Wrong place-go away!

What other way can I spell this out to you in a civil tone?

Thank you

mnMACD
08-09-2006, 07:08
hey man, calm down, I'm just making **** chat. Iam not an absolute anti gunner. I just don't believe ppl like you all should advertise that you have guns, it could start a war.

Navy HMC
08-09-2006, 07:14
hey man, calm down, I'm just making **** chat. Iam not an absolute anti gunner. I just don't believe ppl like you all should advertise that you have guns, it could start a war.

This is not the post of a man who wants to "****-chat" this is directly intended to get the ire of those who read it who meet the norm of those who subscribe to this web site. Again please stop! You are an irritant and I believe intentionally annoying-please go elsewhere! I am not a moderator, so my comments do not count but please heed them and retire from your current posting practices.

Glockdude1
08-09-2006, 07:14

Ever hear of 9-11-01?????

;)

Glockdude1
08-09-2006, 07:45
Mary N. MacDonald.

mnmacd@aol.com

Syracuse, NY

WorrGlock
08-09-2006, 20:52
What lame asses call it a "peepee" the last time I heard that word I was 3.

Well we do have ladies and even some kids that read the forum. I was attempting to be as polite as pobbible and still get my point across. If that makes me lame then so be it. :cool:

Bottom line.

I don't know if it's drugs that you are taking or need to be taking but seek help "Soon"

Now I have used up valuable GT forum space trying to help you with your social inadequacies and I/we don't mind. However I would suggest that you seek some real help.

Try this for starters.

http://www.puplife.com/plugins/MivaMerchants/graphics/00000001/chillpills_big.jpg

Glockdude1
08-09-2006, 20:54
http://www.puplife.com/plugins/MivaMerchants/graphics/00000001/chillpills_big.jpg

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

WorrGlock
08-09-2006, 21:00
If you have ever bought clothing based on weather or not it would aid in concealment of your sidearm.

If you have ever used a metal detector to help you find brass that flew into the tall grass.

You might be a Gun Nut :tease: :woohoo:

mnMACD
08-10-2006, 05:48
Ever hear of 9-11-01?????

;)

Yes I have, and it was indeed tragic, and for causes like terrorism I'd say let the Feds handle them that's what they are paid to do. I don't mind if ppl like you all just have guns for recreation i.e. going to the local ranges and blasting a few rounds, that's cool by me. It's the ppl who run around w/ guns who have a vandetta agianst everyone,and are ready to pop the next pakistani they see.

WorrGlock
08-10-2006, 07:09
I don't mind if ppl like you all just have guns.

That makes me feel so much better.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Still doesn't change the fact that you are posting in the wrong section of the forum.

:dunno:

mnMACD
08-10-2006, 07:12
you took that out of context Worrglock

WorrGlock
08-10-2006, 07:16
If you have ever wished that mnMACD would get a clue and start posting in the correct section of the forum.

You might be a gun nut :cool:

WorrGlock
08-10-2006, 07:18

I see you missed the sarcastic tone :tongueout:

mnMACD
08-10-2006, 07:20
if you keep beatching about mnMACD not having a clue and posting in the wrong place.

Holy shiat I'll buzz outta here jee wizz, I was just sharing my Point of view on it all.

Peace out
Peace off

Glockdude1
08-10-2006, 07:22

You have no idea what "context" is. This is a JOKE SECTION of a pro gun web site. If you want to voice your concern on being a "non gunner", just do it here: http://glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=24

WorrGlock
08-10-2006, 07:26
if you keep beatching about mnMACD not having a clue and posting in the wrong place.

Holy shiat I'll buzz outta here jee wizz, I was just sharing my Point of view on it all.

Peace out
Peace off

:crazy:

Voice your opinion dude, Just do it in the proper place is all we are asking. :upeyes: If you have some intelligent veiws them post them where they can be heard, All you are doing here is making a fool out of yourself.

mnMACD
08-10-2006, 07:34
:panties: :notworthy:

that should say it all there.

WorrGlock
08-10-2006, 07:46

LoL, Ok I gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking that you had some glimmer of intelligence. I stand corrected :cool:

I also don't waste time on lost causes, If you are happy wasteing your time and acting like a fool be my guest, But I am done, Welcome to ignore :upeyes:

Glockdude1
08-10-2006, 07:53
Mary N. MacDonald.

mnmacd@aol.com

Syracuse, NY

Go away, far away.........

Navy HMC
08-10-2006, 09:18
You have no idea what "context" is. This is a JOKE SECTION of a pro gun web site. If you want to voice your concern on being a "non gunner", just do it here: http://glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=24

I have tried to direct mnMACD to that forum several times without the hint being taken...

Back to the gist of this thread:

If your son drives you absolutely crazy running around the house singing the Eddie the Eagle song "Stop, don't touch, run away, tell an adult"

Navy HMC
08-10-2006, 09:20
...Or worse If your sons tattles on you that you left a disassembled 1911 on your work bench to go eat dinner since it was left unlocked and he could have gotten to it-unassembled is the key here.

Glockdude1
08-10-2006, 09:59
...Or worse If your sons tattles on you that you left a disassembled 1911 on your work bench to go eat dinner since it was left unlocked and he could have gotten to it-unassembled is the key here.

....You son shows YOU how to field strip, clean and reassemble your 1911, blindfolded!!!

Eddie C.
08-10-2006, 10:18

I have had it....Goodbye!:soap:

Glockdude1
08-10-2006, 11:27
......You request the last digits of your phone number to be your fav caliber......9999, 4040, 4545, etc.....

45Justice
08-10-2006, 11:35

Hum a war huh? What is the opposing side going to go to war with....? Rocks? Passive aggressive remarks?

Navy HMC
08-10-2006, 23:16
....You son shows YOU how to field strip, clean and reassemble your 1911, blindfolded!!!

Not yet, he's only 5 :supergrin:

AIREglockDALE
08-11-2006, 08:31
...IF you pause to see why your boot/shoe feels odd while walking and instead of a rock you find a 22RF case (or similar)stuck in the tread.

(this has happened a few times)

Glockdude1
08-11-2006, 08:58
...IF you pause to see why your boot/shoe feels odd while walking and instead of a rock you find a 22RF case (or similar)stuck in the tread.

....and you KEEP the brass!!

vafish
08-11-2006, 10:37

What are you waiting for?

AIREglockDALE
08-11-2006, 10:47
Glock dude, Thanx man....i guess i neglected to put that in, i must've been thinkin of course everyone would put in their pocket dont' wanna throw it away...... :) (not that it can be reloaded but u get enough they can be recycled and $$ used to buy new ammo/components)

Glockdude1
08-11-2006, 12:09
u get enough they can be recycled and $$ used to buy new ammo/components

Spoken like a true gun nut!!

;)

toolman_556
08-11-2006, 12:50
If Olin calls you when they get low on recycleable brass......

eddief4
08-11-2006, 13:15
Glock dude, Thanx man....i guess i neglected to put that in, i must've been thinkin of course everyone would put in their pocket dont' wanna throw it away...... :) (not that it can be reloaded but u get enough they can be recycled and $$ used to buy new ammo/components)

man, that is what i was going to say.

Glockdude1
08-11-2006, 13:19
man, that is what i was going to say.

"Gun Nut" minds tend to think alike!!!!

Scary isn't it????

:shocked:

Navy HMC
08-11-2006, 19:31

Originally posted by vafish
What are you waiting for?

His 6th Birthday so he can have his own, of course!:supergrin: :rollsmiley: :supergrin:

And since he has a small hand span, it will be a compact.

Glockdude1
08-11-2006, 19:44
And since he has a small hand span, it will be a compact.

"Compact" as in a 9mm??? ;)

Navy HMC
08-11-2006, 22:38
"Compact" as in a 9mm??? ;)

Nah, that's what he carried when he was three...I was thinking a Kimber Ultra Carry II. Problem is he can't carry in Kindergarten:supergrin:

eta: You know, someone from the Brady group (maybe mnMACD) is going to read this and after goin "OH...MY...GOD!!!! We must make sure this doesn't happen!!! Alert the media! Get Hillary on the phone! Call Mayor Bloomberg!!! Horrors!!! Golly! For the record-WE are JOKING!!! Chill!:supergrin: :supergrin: :rollsmiley: :supergrin: :supergrin:

sbs762
08-12-2006, 00:10
Umm... the last 4 digits of my phone # are 4422.

Navy HMC
08-12-2006, 00:55
Ok, I'm not joking... But the wife says he can't have his own gun (probably a small single shot .22) until he's 8.

By the way, the wife is a vet and if I get him something earlier, she has threatened to neuter me. 1: I have to sleep sometime and 2: I have seen her neuter a cat in 5 mintues flat that's from induction to finish. :shocked:

Navy HMC
08-12-2006, 00:59
Originally posted by sbs762
Umm... the last 4 digits of my phone # are 4422.

Outstanding! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the "You Might Be A Gun Nut If" club!!! There are no membership fees, no silly meetings, just the overwhelming desire to go out and shoot at stuff. Or just take out your firearms and look at them.

Walter45Auto
08-12-2006, 06:51
Ok, I'm not joking... But the wife says he can't have his own gun (probably a small single shot .22) until he's 8.

By the way, the wife is a vet and if I get him something earlier, she has threatened to neuter me. 1: I have to sleep sometime and 2: I have seen her neuter a cat in 5 mintues flat that's from induction to finish. :shocked:

But you COULD buy one and have it be YOUR gun till he's 8, then give it to him, right? That's what I would do in that situation.

Navy HMC
08-12-2006, 08:01
True, but the one I will buy him is way too small for me. I mean it has about a 6"-8" stock. We tried it at the store and it fit very well. Besides, she is getting smarter, every now and again she goes down and counts guns. The days of sneaking in a new one are over I guess.

If you have snuck so many new guns into the house that your wife all but strip searches you when you come back from the gun shop or gun show.:supergrin:

Glockdude1
08-12-2006, 08:25
If you have sneak so many new guns into the house that your wife all but strip searches you when you come back from the gun shop or gun show.:supergrin:

......You have firearms your wife does NOT know about!!!

I have a "few" she has never seen....... :shocked:

Navy HMC
08-12-2006, 20:57
......You have firearms your wife does NOT know about!!!

I have a "few" she has never seen....... :shocked:

Same here-I have a few I have "legitimaized by cleaning when she is around:

"When did you get THAT?"

A long time ago...why?

"Well, I have never seen that one before."

You said they all look alike to you, I showed this one to you about 4 years ago.

"Oh?!"

SomeDay
08-12-2006, 22:14
Originally posted by Walter45Auto
But you COULD buy one and have it be YOUR gun till he's 8, then give it to him, right? That's what I would do in that situation.

No, he would buy with that "intent" but keep it and buy his son another one when he turns 8. Of course, he would have to go out and "celebrate" by buying himself a new gun to match his son's.

SomeDay
08-12-2006, 22:22
Same here-I have a few I have "legitimaized by cleaning when she is around:

"When did you get THAT?"

A long time ago...why?

"Well, I have never seen that one before."

You said they all look alike to you, I showed this one to you about 4 years ago.

"Oh?!"

I did that for a while. I would take one out, clean it and put it away. The next week I would take out the other and clean it. Since they are a G26 and G19 they look enough alike to a non-gun-nut that I could play it off. Then one day it happened, I was getting ready to go to the range. I had the safe open and she happened to see me take out TWO guns. She yelled at me for buying the second one without telling her. I "reminded" her that she bought a camcorder around the same time I bought my second gun and she "forgot" to tell me about it. I haven't heard anything about my second gun yet.:supergrin:

I know what ya'll are thinking - TWO guns and he calls himself a gun-nut. I know, but I have a family and am SLOWLY working on it. y next "excuse" gun will have to be something in the .22 flavor, so that I can justify it's existence by saying that I am going to teach my wife to shoot. I already told her she has to try it once and then she can say that she will not do it again - the eat it and THEN tell me you don't like it routine. I told her I would start her out on something easy. Of course, each time I get ready to take her to a range, she chickens out, so I need to keep trying (and get the .22). Of course, if she decides that she likes it, evil plan #2 comes into play - the "I'll let you play with my toys if you let me buy some more to share plan". Pray for me.

Walter45Auto
08-13-2006, 07:33
Ain't it a wonderful sickess???:supergrin:

Navy HMC
08-13-2006, 07:42
If the local bomb squad detonates an old possibly live piece of ordnance that they have no idea what it was and you can identify it even in its destructed state. :supergrin:

Navy HMC
08-13-2006, 07:44
I know what ya'll are thinking - TWO guns and he calls himself a gun-nut. I know, but I have a family and am SLOWLY working on it. y next "excuse" gun will have to be something in the .22 flavor, so that I can justify it's existence by saying that I am going to teach my wife to shoot. I already told her she has to try it once and then she can say that she will not do it again - the eat it and THEN tell me you don't like it routine. I told her I would start her out on something easy. Of course, each time I get ready to take her to a range, she chickens out, so I need to keep trying (and get the .22). Of course, if she decides that she likes it, evil plan #2 comes into play - the "I'll let you play with my toys if you let me buy some more to share plan". Pray for me.

Pray for you? Hell, Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Glockdude1
08-13-2006, 07:56
I know what ya'll are thinking - TWO guns and he calls himself a gun-nut. I know, but I have a family and am SLOWLY working on it.

You have to start somewhere!! I too have a family. We all know what it takes to take care of the family and "support our gun habit".

Welcome fellow gun nut!! :welcome:

SCmasterblaster
08-13-2006, 19:21
your pickup truck has a rifle rack in the back window AND the front window!

vafish
08-13-2006, 19:58
...You purchased over 100 firearms before you got married, just in case your new wife didn't like guns.

AIREglockDALE
08-13-2006, 21:41
ahhh so i'm not the only one w/ the build the toys up before gettin chained idea...
IF....you are trying to help a buddy buy a new rifle an while browsing lookin at some pistols, see a 'lady smith' and reveal/inform your bud:...."lady smith's would be a lot better if they didnt have that lady smith crap on the side, who wants to carry a gun that say's lady if your not a lady."..
(then yur bud goes awe man didnt realize that...that does suck)
:rollsmiley:

USAret
08-13-2006, 22:27
Originally posted by David_G17
[B
-if you ever took apart your Nintendo zapper and installed custom trigger,laser sight, scope, etc. for Duck Hunt
-if you have more firearms than friends
-if you have insurance covering your guns, but not you [/B]

I was laughing while reading this thread, esp. the OP’s list until I saw the “Nintendo Duck Hunt” one. I just had to stop there.

I was stationed in Germany when my youngest son still had a Nintendo and the Duck Hunt game and zapper gun. Did I mention that even though they allowed us to take our personal weapons to Germany back then going to the Range was more painful and full of BS than getting a root-canal. One Saturday I was really bored and watching my youngest son pick off the ducks with the little zapper. A contest ensued. I was getting perfect scores and nearly at the topmost level when I missed one. On the next “set” I found the perfect “excuse” the trigger was “stacking” and was at least an 8 pounder with a really loooooong take-up.

I admit it. I did it. I went down to the storage room in the basement and retrieved my toolbox along with my range box. I spread newspapers on the dining room table and my son and I proceeded to do the best trigger job a Nintendo Zapper Gun has ever had. I had to fabricate some parts, and I believe I made a flat-spring out of a piece of broken hacksaw blade. I didn’t have a trigger-gauge but I got that Zapper down to about 1/8” of movement, a “glass-rod” break, with about a 2 LBS pull.

Then I beat the game. Then I beat it weak-handed. Then I fabricated a holster and my son and I both beat the thing from the “surrender” position. My wife was not in the least bit amused (we finished around 2:00 am). But my son has the best Zapper trigger extant. I think the Nintendo is in the garage somewhere and my youngest is up to the current X-box 360. If he ever brings home a “shooter” game with a zapper gun I’ll post instructions for the inevitable trigger-job.

Glockdude1
08-14-2006, 07:51
Originally posted by USAret
If he ever brings home a “shooter” game with a zapper gun I’ll post instructions for the inevitable trigger-job.

.....You invented the .25 cent Nintendo trigger job!!! ;)

Navy HMC
08-14-2006, 08:50
If you look at a “Look what I found” thread on Glock Talk and immediately try to find one yourself-for the same low price.

…And are depressed that you can’t find one

Walter45Auto
08-14-2006, 11:16
Yup. that COPs can be bought thread.

Navy HMC
08-14-2006, 23:27
:laughabove: I have been ratted out boys... :laughabove:

vafish
08-15-2006, 14:43
If you've ever seen a good deal on a firearm and bought 2 just in case one of your buddies needs one.

Walter45Auto
08-15-2006, 15:03
No but I HAVE had a buddy do that for me with ammo.....

Kevinr20
08-20-2006, 01:01
If you find yourself using trigger and muzzle control on arcade games with plastic guns. (guilty everytime)

Walter45Auto
08-20-2006, 12:55
Yup, but I think that ones on an earlier page....

Glockdude1
08-20-2006, 15:46
Originally posted by Kevinr20
If you find yourself using trigger and muzzle control on arcade games with plastic guns. (guilty everytime)

.........You teach your kids B.R.A.S.S to get the high score on arcade game machines every time!!! ;)

Kevinr20
08-20-2006, 19:34
Yup, but I think that ones on an earlier page....

Sorry I was too lazy to read all 15 pages :)

Walter45Auto
08-20-2006, 20:44
It's cool. We doon't mind hearin it again.:supergrin:

Guarddogg24
08-21-2006, 23:23
If you have bottles made out of lexan so it takes more ammo to break..
If you have targetz.com saved as your second favorite and G.T. is your first...
If you watch cops to see shoot outs...
if the gang bangers are afraid of you going threw there turf....

Navy HMC
08-22-2006, 13:03
If you had to buy a gun from your favorite dealer just because some pansy demanded to reurn it because it didn't work. Then proceeded to shoot the dickens out of the gun that didn't work. (Got a good deal too.)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/IMG_03581.jpg

Glockdude1
08-22-2006, 20:52
.....You want to fire one of these.....

http://www.a-10.org/photos/Photos93937/ptsf-004F.JPG

Walter45Auto
08-22-2006, 21:26
the pic don't work, gd.

Navy HMC
08-23-2006, 01:01
Taken from CarolsC and Let's see a picture of your arsenal/collection/whatever! Thread (http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=565941&perpage=40&pagenumber=2) this was rebroadcasted with his expressed conent.

If you agree with the following scale:
1-5 guns: Starter
6-10: You like guns
11-15: You've got some guns
16-20: You've got quite a few guns
21-30: Gun nut
31-40: Obsessed
41-50: Arsenal
51-75: One to be taken seriously
76-99: Insane
100+: Small nation category

To qualify for Arsenal status you must also have at least three black rifles, minimum of an AR type, an AK, and a .308 like a FAL/M-1A/G-3.

SomeDay
08-23-2006, 22:13
Taken from CarolsC and Let's see a picture of your arsenal/collection/whatever! Thread (http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=565941&perpage=40&pagenumber=2) this was rebroadcasted with his expressed conent.

To qualify for Arsenal status you must also have at least three black rifles, minimum of an AR type, an AK, and a .308 like a FAL/M-1A/G-3.
I guess us out here in Kali won't be able to qualify as "arsenal" status! (no AR or AK):frown:
Is there a sliding scale for married folks?:)

Navy HMC
08-23-2006, 22:22
I guess us out here in Kali won't be able to qualify as "arsenal" status! (no AR or AK):frown:
Is there a sliding scale for married folks?:)

We'll cut slack on the AR/AK rule, but I'm sorry, the spouse presence must be over looked. I will admit I am above the gun nut level, and most of these have been while I was married. I'm working on my Arsenal rating. :)

I mean think about it: how could the media put a spin on "The police entered SomeDay's home and found an arsenal of 2 guns when that would usually rate no special descriptive adverb to shock the masses.

'Course, who said that I get to make the rules. To quote a line from the original "Pirates of the Caribbean": "It's not so much a rule as a guideline". :supergrin:

Glockdude1
08-23-2006, 22:31

"Small Nation Category", now that is what I am after!!!!

SomeDay
08-23-2006, 22:46
We'll cut slack on the AR/AK rule, but I'm sorry, the spouse presence must be over looked. I will admit I am above the gun nut level, and most of these have been while I was married. I'm working on my Arsenal rating. :)

I mean think about it: how could the media put a spin on "The police entered SomeDay's home and found an arsenal of 2 guns when that would usually rate no special descriptive adverb to shock the masses.

'Course, who said that I get to make the rules. To quote a line from the original "Pirates of the Caribbean": "It's not some much a rule as a guideline". :supergrin:
Remeber, this IS Kali. Two guns is considered over the top! I guess I've got a ways to go yet, but I AM trying.
I am a certified nut (just ask either my kids or my students), so in that sense I am half way there. I guess I hust need the other 20 guns to bridge the gap. Buying at the "legal limit" it would take almost two years to be up to par.

Navy HMC
08-23-2006, 22:49
"Small Nation Category", now that is what I am after!!!!

That too is my ultimate goal, but remember, goals must be challenging yet attainable. :supergrin:

Navy HMC
08-23-2006, 22:58
Remeber, this IS Kali. Two guns is considered over the top! I guess I've got a ways to go yet, but I AM trying.
I am a certified nut (just ask either my kids or my students), so in that sense I am half way there. I guess I hust need the other 20 guns to bridge the gap. Buying at the "legal limit" it would take almost two years to be up to par.

as my grandmother woud tell me: remember the little engine that could, he kept thinking "I think I can, I think I can"...:supergrin:

As the one entry says: If you think that one gun a month should be required.

amd4me
08-24-2006, 13:55
It seems that I hit a nerve with my comment about gun users. All I'm trying to prove is, why should you use a gun, unless you are to lazy to kick someone's ass kung fu style. That's how they used to do it any way.
Trolls belong under bridges not on web forums.

Walter45Auto
08-24-2006, 16:46

Ok, Are these numbers what THE INDIVIDUAL owns, or am I supposed to count all of them in the household?

AIREglockDALE
08-24-2006, 19:15
IF.. while going to Wally World..u put back the comforter you were gonna buy because you wander threw the sporting good section and find Federal Premium Ammo for 7 and 9 bucks a box. And take every box thats on the shelf. :supergrin:
oh..by the way...LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND. :rollsmiley:
wish i coulda had a picture of the cashiers face.

WorrGlock
08-26-2006, 12:22
IF.. while going to Wally World..u put back the comforter you were gonna buy because you wander threw the sporting good section and find Federal Premium Ammo for 7 and 9 bucks a box. And take every box thats on the shelf. :supergrin:

If you made a special trip to your local Walmart to see if they were running the same sale after reading this. :rollsmiley:

And of course they weren't :brickwall:

Navy HMC
08-27-2006, 19:22

Ok, Are these numbers what THE INDIVIDUAL owns, or am I supposed to count all of them in the household?

You know, we didn't talk about that? Lighter Side GT'ers, what do you think? Should it be personal collection or the total in the house?
:supergrin: :rollsmiley: :supergrin:

Walter45Auto
08-27-2006, 20:14
Let's make it total in the household.

Glockdude1
08-28-2006, 08:09
House.......... ;)
(I am the only one in/owns my house that collects firearms)

Walter45Auto
08-28-2006, 17:18
In that case I'm OBSESSED. (How true...:supergrin: )

Navy HMC
08-28-2006, 17:44
Okay, I guess since I posted it and have not gotten a ruling in this from CarlosC, We will officially make this scale for the household.

The only stipulation is that the true owner of the rest of the guns in the total is not a selfish poopyhead that doesn't share. :supergrin: :rollsmiley: :supergrin:

BTW, I am also obsessed! but they say it like it's a BAD thing.

eddief4
08-28-2006, 18:09
if every time you see CSI, where captain BRASS clears a house, until he finds a body. then he stops clearing the house.

it makes me so mad everytime i see it.:supergrin:

Glockdude1
08-29-2006, 12:41
......You find another use for your kids Crayons!!!

http://i2.tinypic.com/2603k8k.jpg

My G22.
http://i8.tinypic.com/2603l8x.jpg

:thumbsup:

Glockdude1
08-29-2006, 12:48
My HK USP.40
http://i5.tinypic.com/2604axj.jpg

eddief4
08-29-2006, 18:46
......You find another use for your kids Crayons!!!

http://i2.tinypic.com/2603k8k.jpg

My G22.
http://i8.tinypic.com/2603l8x.jpg

can you get a closer shot of that?
:banana:

Glockdude1
08-29-2006, 22:17
can you get a closer shot of that?
:banana:

Which pic???

Dark1
08-29-2006, 23:15
That reminds me, I am down to 267 rounds. I need to go to the gun shop tomorrow. :thumbsup:

-if you have ever read an article in the crime section of the newspaper and read "the suspect had over 200 rounds of ammunition", then assumed it was a misprint. who in his right mind would get down to only 200 rounds???
[/B]

Glockdude1
08-30-2006, 12:32
Little Closer.
http://i2.tinypic.com/261zwgj.jpg

Navy HMC
08-30-2006, 19:01
Little Closer.
http://i2.tinypic.com/261zwgj.jpg

If you look at these pictures and think "I have got to get one of those for Home Defense...:supergrin:

If in the morning you think "Now today, I am carrying the G-23, what can I wear that will look good with that?"

OR "Does my G-23 or my Kimber compact go better with this suit?"

Navy HMC
09-07-2006, 03:45
If you ever looked a specific gun in your collection, had a moment on weakness and thought about selling it, only to change your mind when you relaized how many accessories for it you had.

-yep, did that tonight with my Beretta 92 and then looked at how many mags and extras I had. Couldn't do it.

Glockdude1
09-12-2006, 17:14
.......You want one of these, only because it makes the ATF nervous!!!

Swiss Mini Gun.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_249104802.html

http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_249110321/lg

kygungirl
09-13-2006, 08:57

If you and you best friend on a Saturday travel around to all the Wal-Marts in your state and the state next to you buying up all the clearence Federal Premium , Winchester, and Remington ammo.

Navy HMC
09-13-2006, 22:04
By the way, the unofficial list now stands at 392 entries.

Glockdude1
09-13-2006, 22:09
By the way, the unofficial list now stands at 392 entries.

http://bestsmileys.com/happy/2.gif

timzj
09-14-2006, 11:38
-When going back to college for the new term you buy more glock magazines before textbooks
-When splitting a storage locker with fellow college gun nuts, theres no discussion as to the 4-digit password (hint: starts with 19, and ends in two ones)
-You spend an hour detail cleaning your glock, but haven't washed or waxed your car in a year
-When taking ballroom dance classes, you wonder "will this move print my gun or allow my partner to feel/see it?"
-You've ever tried to "convert" an anti and succeeded
-By taking them shooting
-You've competed in IPSC/IDPA/USPSA and wished they would have a Zombie stage
-You've ever bought a hi-point, lorcin, jennings, etc. just so you could take it to a IPSC comp and piss off the gun-snobs
-And outshot the gun-snobs with it
-Your kids can shoot the Mozambique drill before they learn where Mozambique IS in geography class

Navy HMC
09-14-2006, 13:36
Originally posted by timzj
-Your kids can shoot the Mozambique drill before they learn where Mozambique IS in geography class

:animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :thumbsup:

timzj
09-14-2006, 17:45
-You mention getting a porn mag at Wal-Mart and your friends ask "Guns & Ammo or Shotgun News?"

vafish
09-15-2006, 19:13

Just asked this one where Mozambique is. He has no clue.

13 year old son shooting USPSA:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/vafish/DSC00900.jpg

Navy HMC
09-16-2006, 02:43
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/LocationMozambique1.png

OR:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/target21.gif

Edited for Walter45Auto:supergrin: :wavey:

Walter45Auto
09-16-2006, 05:22
...If you see Navy's post above, and are now disappointed that you haven't learned the Mozambique drill yet...

Walter45Auto
09-16-2006, 05:31
If you can't drag your butt out of bed at 8 or 10 during the week, but on Saturday morning you're up and on GLOCKTALK before 6:30. (But to be fair..... I AM getting my stuff together for dog training, and to go to the gunrange after training.:supergrin: )

Glockdude1
09-18-2006, 15:50
......A family member buys you a bottle of Hoppes #9 as a gift, and you use it as colgone!!!!!!

cougar_guy04
09-20-2006, 09:21
You might be a gun nut if:
...you know you picked the right college after you find out they have a school sponsored gun club.
...you've ever decided to go clean the Gun Club's guns with a bunch of the RO's instead of going out on a Saturday night.
...same as above but with reloading ammo instead of cleaning guns.

Glockdude1
09-20-2006, 13:23
.........You have 3 children, who's first initial's of each name are "N.R.A"......... ;)

:animlol:

vafish
09-21-2006, 07:37
Originally posted by cougar_guy04
You might be a gun nut if:
...you know you picked the right college after you find out they have a school sponsored gun club.

Or your daughter gets a scholarship to a college on the rifle (or shotgun) team.

(FYI - Last time I counted there were 27 NCAA Division 1 colleges with rifle teams and scholarships. There are quite a few more with shotgun teams)

Glockdude1
09-21-2006, 11:48
........Your son and/or daughter is competing in a college gun match, and you are the only one in the stand with a pair of binoculars so huge, people swear they look like 2 telescopes bolted together!!!!

vafish
09-21-2006, 19:27
........Your son and/or daughter is competing in a college gun match, and you are the only one in the stand with a pair of binoculars so huge, people swear they look like 2 telescopes bolted together!!!!

The new all electronis targets at the OTC were driving me crazy. I can't stand to watch my kid shoot.

bulwaagh
09-21-2006, 19:36
You clean out your truck and find 150 rounds of forgotten ammunition you bought 4 months ago because it was on sale....

Navy HMC
09-22-2006, 07:17
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/LocationMozambique1.png

OR:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/target21.gif

Edited for Walter45Auto:supergrin: :wavey:

...If you see Navy's post above, and are now disappointed that you haven't learned the Mozambique drill yet...

If after reading about the Mozambique drill you spend 150 rounds trying to become proficient with it.

If you are pleased that you picked up the Mozambique drill quickly after you found out what it was.:banana:

Glockdude1
09-22-2006, 10:56
Gun Nut Surprise!!! (http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=594116) <---- Click it!!

Walter45Auto
09-22-2006, 19:35
If after reading about the Mozambique drill you spend 150 rounds trying to become proficient with it.

If you are pleased that you picked up the Mozambique drill quickly after you found out what it was.:banana:

As soon as I can get time to go to the range I wll!:supergrin:

timzj
09-30-2006, 20:57
-Your friends don't call shotgun when riding in your car, they call assault rifle
-and you expect them to carry one

cougar_guy04
10-01-2006, 01:44
When transporting guns to the range for your gun club's first "big shoot" of the year, you discover that you can fit 17 cased long guns in your car. (I know, it's kind of weak, but I was impressed at the capacity)

God bless the American-made land yachts

Navy HMC
10-01-2006, 02:04
When transporting guns to the range for your gun club's first "big shoot" of the year, you discover that you can fit 17 cased long guns in your car. (I know, it's kind of weak, but I was impressed at the capacity)

God bless the American-made land yachts

Light weight! :supergrin: How about 10 long arms and 15 pistols in a Fiero with two occupants? :tongueout:
:supergrin: :banana:

It'll work though to get on the list.

Glockdude1
10-01-2006, 08:14
Light weight! :supergrin: How about 10 long arms and 15 pistols in a Fiero with two occupants? :tongueout:

:laughabove:

cougar_guy04
10-01-2006, 12:19

My hero:laughabove:

timzj
10-02-2006, 09:31
-You are disapointed that your staplegun doesnt have a decocker
-When the judge asks you why you put 35 rounds into the perp you reply "because thats all I had on me"
-You've done meatpack tests for any ammo
-You've ever gone "furry-popping" (aka ranch pest control) from your car

Glockdude1
10-02-2006, 11:37

-You've ever gone "furry-popping" (aka ranch pest control) from your car

Several years ago, me and several of my shooting buds, helped a another friend of mine do that. He had 10 acres of land he was going to clear all the brush off of. We rode on the tractor he was using to clear his land. We rode on the front, sides and back of the brush cutter. The tractor was not moving very fast, so standing & shooting was a breeze.

The "targets" were field mice & rats, thousands of them!!! I lost count of how many times we went back and forth to buy more ammo. All we were using was pistols. One of the best 2 days of shooting I have had. I was using a Browning Hi-Power 9mm. 30rd mags do come in handy!!!!

Navy HMC
10-03-2006, 06:15
GlockDude1,

How goes the Moz. training?

:thumbsup: :supergrin: :thumbsup:

Glockdude1
10-03-2006, 07:46
GlockDude1,

How goes the Moz. training?

:thumbsup: :supergrin: :thumbsup:

Excellent!!!

It is more fun when you use a AK......... ;)

Navy HMC
10-03-2006, 12:57
Excellent!!!

It is more fun when you use a AK......... ;)

Outstanding!:animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

Clark's 22
10-03-2006, 17:09
Originally posted by hippy john
I'm almost embarrased to say this one.

-If when you hear Sherl Crow singing the last line in "Soak up the sun" ( I got my 45 on, so I can rock on) and you imediatly think she's talking about a 1911.

Ummmm what is she talking about.

Lesh
10-03-2006, 18:25
Originally posted by Clark's 22
Ummmm what is she talking about.

SPF 45 Sunblock?
A 45 rpm single vinyl record?
A 1911?
Colt 45 malt liquor?
Dolly Partons chest?

I have often wondered myself.

ChinaCave
10-04-2006, 16:44
If one of your largest suppliers at work learned you were getting your first pistol (G23) and made & sent a custom Cammo ball cap w/ their logo on it to help you celebrate.............

You BOTH might be gun nuts.

Guilty

That was some years ago, now I'm up to "You like guns" Status.

timzj
10-05-2006, 01:37
-When you got to second base with your SO, you stopped to discuss the firearms you found on each other

USAret
10-05-2006, 05:41
Several years ago, me and several of my shooting buds, helped a another friend of mine do that. He had 10 acres of land he was going to clear all the brush off of. We rode on the tractor he was using to clear his land. We rode on the front, sides and back of the brush cutter. The tractor was not moving very fast, so standing & shooting was a breeze.

The "targets" were field mice & rats, thousands of them!!! I lost count of how many times we went back and forth to buy more ammo. All we were using was pistols. One of the best 2 days of shooting I have had. I was using a Browning Hi-Power 9mm. 30rd mags do come in handy!!!!

I had never thought that there could be people who DID NOT spend at least part of their teen years doing this with a 22LR. Alas! The evils of being raised in a city. A "Gopher" is an entry level job for a "city-slicker" and a moving target for a country boy/girl. BTW 10 Acres is a garden. Try a couple 100K.

Glockdude1
10-06-2006, 14:40
BTW 10 Acres is a garden. Try a couple 100K.

Here in Texas, there is quite a few acres to go shooting.

USAret
10-06-2006, 16:25

WELL THAT IS QUITE TRUE THERE IS A LOT OF LAND IN TEXAS; and a whole bunch of people living on it. One question though.

Besides targets, just what is there to SHOOT AT in Texas; what passes for a deer around here wouldn't make a decent meal for a medium sized dog? No insult intended to born and bred "TEXANS" but “Big Game” is a class of critters that are around 10 times the size of what I’ve seen in big ole Texas. (Yes! I’ve seen the “rent-a-hunt ‘ranches’” where some non-native species are raised on “store-feed” and “hunted” by “hunters” that pay thousands to place the cross-hairs on an animal that is basically a domesticated pet. All the while the ‘hunter’ does not even get the soles of his boots dusty.)

Lets see; a quick rewind in the old memory reveals that in Big Sky Country there are: Moose, Elk (the biggest in the world), White-tails, Mule-deer, Antelope, Brown Bear, Mountain Goat, Bighorn Sheep, Bob cats, Mountain Lions, and the one place on the whole earth where you can LEGALLY hunt Griz (That is Grizzly Bear for you city folk). That is not even counting the non-game species and all the waterfowl (I’ve never owned a shotgun, so I couldn’t give a competent accounting of what is currently hunted). World-Class Blue-Ribbon Trout streams and Salmon runs.

For the People; Montana has 6.19 persons per Square Mile
In Montana if you can SEE your neighbor’s house you’re in a crowded ‘urban’ area. Most people SEE Mountains, forests, streams and wildlife out of ALL their windows.

Texans are locked elbow to elbow with a density of 79.6 per Square Mile
In Texas if you CAN NOT hear your neighbors TV you’re in an area that is “spread-out”. If you look out ANY window you will see the side/back/front of another house.

Student To Teacher Ratio in Montana is 11:1 in Elementary and 8:1 in High Schools
In big ole Texas—well lets just say my sons classrooms look to be built for about 30 but actually contain 40-60 students so we can round that down to a student to teacher ratio of about 50:1

I’m a bit lucky while living here in Texas I have to drive about 1.5 miles to get to the local shooting range. However; in Montana I shoot whatever I please while comfortably seated on my Redwood deck off the back of my home. For a change of scenery I can saddle-up and ride in any direction, stop and staple a target to a tree and blast away, or if it is hunting season I can harvest enough good, clean, untainted meat to feed my family for half the winter; I’ll get the other half winters’ supply next weekend, no hurry.

Speaking of horses, I can’t quite understand this whole ‘Texas Cowboy’ thing. How is it that I can walk into my wife’s favorite country place here in big ole Texas and everyone is wearing a pair of boots and a hat but I am the only one in the building that even owns a horse? Yet in a ‘country’ establishment in Big Sky Country there isn’t anyone present that DOES NOT own a horse (usually several).

And as I pointed out in my previous posting, 10 Acres is still a garden plot.

Glockdude1
10-07-2006, 11:52
........You buy this holster for your cell phone......

http://www.eholster.com/eholsters1.html

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/e-holster/man-right-small.jpg

WorrGlock
10-10-2006, 18:55

I'm in Texas all the time now (Truckdriver) I need to come hang out with you :thumbsup:

You might be a gun nut if.

You measure distance by yards and comment on whether or not you could make the shot.

cougar_guy04
10-10-2006, 19:53
Homecoming weekend you don't partake of the partying going on Saturday night because you're RO'ing a shoot the next morning.

(Plus the drunks are more entertaining than anything on cable anyway!)

Glockdude1
10-10-2006, 19:59
You measure distance by yards and comment on whether or not you could make the shot.

.......Then you take out your laser range finder, because you HAVE TO KNOW the exact distance......... ;)

timzj
10-13-2006, 01:49
-You buy the last box of 9mm because it looked "lonely".
-You've put a gun on layaway just because the store wouldn't do a background check in the middle of the night/federal holiday just so they wouldn't sell it out from under you.
-You've used full cans of Shasta Root Beer as clays.

WorrGlock
10-13-2006, 20:06
Originally posted by timzj You've used full cans of Shasta Root Beer as clays. [/B]

Tried that before was pretty damn cool. Be sure to shake well before using.

Also tried shooting a almost empty hairspray can with a .223 tracer at night even :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cougar_guy04
10-13-2006, 20:34
-You've used full cans of Shasta Root Beer as clays.
Never tried that one but do empty gatorade and juice bottles filled with water count?

Glockdude1
10-14-2006, 09:34
Never tried that one but do empty gatorade and juice bottles filled with water count?

Put Kool-aid or jello in next time. Very nice effect. ;)

Glockdude1
10-14-2006, 09:36
shooting a almost empty hairspray can with a .223 tracer at night even :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.tannerite.com

http://www.tannerite.com/blowup_small.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eddief4
10-14-2006, 14:38
www.tannerite.com

http://www.tannerite.com/blowup_small.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

that was cool:thumbsup: :shocked:

GotGlock19
10-17-2006, 15:34
-You have shot down a tree with repeated .308 fire
-Your willing to move 2 hours away from everything so you can shoot in your backyard

NRA_guy
10-17-2006, 15:43
You have the corners of more than 10 pages turned down in the MidWayUSA catalog.

Glockdude1
10-17-2006, 16:24
You have the corners of more than 10 pages turned down in the MidWayUSA catalog.

......and 10 pages "book marked" on your computer......

http://www.midwayusa.com/

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eddief4
10-17-2006, 18:30
Originally posted by GotGlock19
-Your willing to move 2 hours away from everything so you can shoot in your backyard

plan on it. just can't wait to get my own corner in the woods, someday.....

.........ok out of dream mode, i'm back

:tongueout: :wavey:

eddief4
10-17-2006, 18:33
......and 10 pages "book marked" on your computer......

http://www.midwayusa.com/

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

.......and have 5 catalogs with the same 10 pages turned down in each. 1 in each of the 3 bathrooms, 1 in the t.v. room, and 1 next to your bed.

:rofl: :animlol:

Glockdude1
10-22-2006, 12:59
.......You like this thread: http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=606474

eddief4
10-22-2006, 17:54
.......You like this thread: http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=606474

guilty:tongueout:

Inverness11
10-22-2006, 18:42
...you're wearing the same flannel shirt as the guy on front of the reloading catalogue.

...you've ever barked 'Schnell!' or 'Achtung!' while plinking with a Ruger Mk. I.

cougar_guy04
10-22-2006, 19:10
-Your grandmother comes up from Georgia to see your brother and your football games (we're in the band ;)) and you invite her to come out to the range and meet your rangemaster and see your second "residence hall".

-You start buying clothing for cooler weather and your parents ask, "This will work for the range and everything, right?"

-You find out that the reason that your mother never shot a gun because she was afraid of recoil (that would probably expain why she wasn't too fond of my affinity for firearms in my younger years), so you offer to bring her to the range one weekend so she can see that there's nothing to be scared of.

-You were the first person in your household to get a FOID card.

timzj
10-22-2006, 20:13
-The seat in your car has a permanent imprint from your carry weapon

Walter45Auto
10-22-2006, 20:44
-You realize today's date is 10/22, and post a GT thread reminding everybody! (Did that this morning.:supergrin: )

Walter45Auto
10-22-2006, 20:45
-You realize the time is 9:45 and post that too!

Hey, It's 9:45!:animlol:

eddief4
10-23-2006, 10:18
-You realize today's date is 10/22, and post a GT thread reminding everybody! (Did that this morning.:supergrin: )

sweet, today is gonna be a good day:thumbsup: :wavey: :2gun: :50cal:

Navy HMC
10-23-2006, 13:34
If you took your 10/22 out to shoot on 10/22 to celebrate 10/22! :2gun:

cougar_guy04
10-23-2006, 13:54
I took a G21 and a 229 out for a spin last night, do those count? :)

vafish
10-23-2006, 15:34

But did you shoot it at 10:22 AM or PM?

Navy HMC
10-23-2006, 22:49
But did you shoot it at 10:22 AM or PM?

Both!!!!:animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

eddief4
10-24-2006, 15:58
Both!!!!:animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

......but did you have 10rd mags, and 22 of them:animlol: :tongueout: :rofl:

Navy HMC
10-24-2006, 20:19
......but did you have 10rd mags, and 22 of them:animlol: :tongueout: :rofl:

Okay, okay, okay...You win! I did have 10 round magazines, but only 21 of them-I couldn't find the last one.

I am scum! I am not worthy!
:animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :banana: :banana: :banana:

WorrGlock
10-24-2006, 23:00
I am scum! I am not worthy![/B]

You are here with us @ Glock Talk there is hope for you yet :thumbsup:

eddief4
10-25-2006, 13:54
Okay, okay, okay...You win! I did have 10 round magazines, but only 21 of them-I couldn't find the last one.

I am scum! I am not worthy!
:animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :banana: :banana: :banana:

well don't worry........there's always next year:rofl: :animlol: :laughabove:

Navy HMC
10-25-2006, 14:46
well don't worry........there's always next year:rofl: :animlol: :laughabove:

(in best Baptist Preacher voice)

Thank you my Brothers and sisters. I will ENDEVOUR to redeem myself in your eyes! Yes, I have sinned, BUT I will RE-DEEM(A) Myself and once more become one of the FLOCK!

Can I get an A-MEN!?

:supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin:

eddief4
10-25-2006, 16:51
(in best Baptist Preacher voice)

Thank you my Brothers and sisters. I will ENDEVOUR to redeem myself in your eyes! Yes, I have sinned, BUT I will RE-DEEM(A) Myself and once more become one of the FLOCK!

Can I get an A-MEN!?

:supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin:

A-MEN, A-MEN, AA-MEEN :thumbsup: :banana:

sario528
10-30-2006, 11:22
If you have read the entire thread. (Gulty and proud of it.)

timzj
10-30-2006, 14:47
-One of your gun nut buddies makes a custom ringtone of you shooting Mozambique and sets it you play when you call him.
-You call him while he's in the bank just to f&*$ with him.*

*Didn't actually do this one.

Glockdude1
10-30-2006, 16:55
Originally posted by sario528
If you have read the entire thread.

..........At least TWICE!!!

eddief4
10-30-2006, 16:55
-One of your gun nut buddies makes a custom ringtone of you shooting Mozambique and sets it you play when you call him.

i got to try this one:tongueout: :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :animlol: :banana: :animlol:

Glockdude1
10-30-2006, 17:08

I did make a "custom ringtone" prank for a friend of mine, that left his cell phone all by it's lonesome. I put a recording of "I love gay porn I love gay porn!!! With the volume turned way up......now that was funny..........

sario528
10-30-2006, 22:44
:laughabove: :rofl: :laughabove: (Where did you get your avatar GlockDude?)

Glockdude1
10-31-2006, 10:24
:laughabove: :rofl: :laughabove: (Where did you get your avatar GlockDude?)

I "borrowed it" from a fellow GT'er.......... ;)

I'll sell it to you for $19.95........... :animlol:

J/K, feel free to "borrow/steal" it......

sario528
10-31-2006, 10:33
:supergrin: I might have to think about that :supergrin:

sario528
10-31-2006, 14:40
Getting back on topic...

If there are more guns in your FEMA trailer then people.

stash1184
10-31-2006, 23:34
If your house/arsenal is included in other peoples SHTF plans.

Glockdude1
11-01-2006, 08:22
.........You loved the arsenal in "Tremors"..........

vafish
11-01-2006, 13:04
.........You loved the arsenal in "Tremors"..........

If you yawned at the Arsenal in "Tremors" because yours was better.....

eddief4
11-01-2006, 14:19
you might be a gun nut if............your nuts for guns:thumbsup: :banana: :animlol: :supergrin: :wavey:

OhioLibertarian
11-01-2006, 14:29
Originally posted by stash1184
If your house/arsenal is included in other peoples SHTF plans.

haha....

....no comment...

Glockdude1
11-07-2006, 17:45
.......You know what "tourist season" is, but you REALLY WANT it to be POLITICIAN SEASON!!!

(with no limits!!!)

cougar_guy04
11-07-2006, 17:57
.......You know what "tourist season" is, but you REALLY WANT it to be POLITICIAN SEASON!!!

(with no limits!!!)

:laughabove: Then none of the politicians would campaign in downstate IL.

Frijj
11-08-2006, 10:10
you might be gun nut if........

.....your girlfriend comes home and catches you stood naked with your GLOCK COCKED and ready to ROCK!:animlol:

OhioLibertarian
11-08-2006, 11:14
Or your girlfriend comes home and finds you wearing nothing but a smile detail stripping and cleaning a mauser action on the kitchen counter.............

Nope, that never happened to me.

Glockdude1
11-08-2006, 19:38
Originally posted by OhioLibertarian
Nope, that never happened to me.

Suuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.......... ;)

Navy HMC
11-08-2006, 23:40
Would never happen-Hoppes doesn't react well with certain..."sensitive spots" :animlol: :supergrin: :animlol:

vafish
11-09-2006, 20:53
Would never happen-Hoppes doesn't react well with certain..."sensitive spots" :animlol: :supergrin: :animlol:

Rem oil on the other hand........

Glockdude1
11-09-2006, 20:56
Rem oil on the other hand........

:laughabove: :animlol: :laughabove: :animlol:

I almost spilled my beer on that one!!!

USAret
11-09-2006, 22:19
:laughabove: :animlol: :laughabove: :animlol:

I almost spilled my beer on that one!!!

This thread is headed toward....................some road other than intended, next we will be discussing Gun Butter, LSA, or GAA.

Navy HMC
11-10-2006, 00:44
This thread is headed toward....................some road other than intended, next we will be discussing Gun Butter, LSA, or GAA.

Well, you know that gun butter is actually quite good on toast!

:supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin: :banana: :rofl: :banana:

Frijj
11-10-2006, 13:19
if you 'sneak out' your new christmas present ;

Well...I just couldn't wait, so I snuck my 'christmas present' out of my wife's closet and went to the local shooting hole - by PRATT

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=613635

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ( i love that banana)!

VA_lockup
11-10-2006, 15:15

was always curious.....anyone?

vafish
11-11-2006, 07:27
Well, you know that gun butter is actually quite good on toast!

:supergrin: :animlol: :supergrin: :banana: :rofl: :banana:

Yeah but Kentucky Jelly is nasty on toast.

vafish
11-11-2006, 07:28
Originally posted by VA_lockup
was always curious.....anyone?

Think of Jethro doing his cyphers.

sario528
11-15-2006, 13:04
If the sound of full auto fire makes you feel warm inside.

eddief4
11-15-2006, 14:24

....and also when you smell the fresh smell of gunpowder.

ooooh ya all warm and fuzzy inside :drool:

Glockdude1
11-15-2006, 16:11

........And you KNOW what weapon/caliber fired it!!!

Glockdude1
11-15-2006, 16:11

vafish
11-15-2006, 16:39

"This is the AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; and it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you, so remember it"

Gunny Highway, Heartbreak Ridge

vafish
11-15-2006, 17:26
You might be a One Nut Gun Nut if:

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=456&sid=976235

Man Accidentally Shoots Himself in Groin

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - A botched kidnapping ended with one of the assailants shooting himself in the groin, Wichita police said. The man had just stuck the gun back into his waistband when it fired, shooting him in the left testicle.

ChinaCave
11-15-2006, 19:06
you post just to bump to 500.