Anybody have the glock sport combat holster? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the glock sport combat holster?

Folsom_Prison
09-20-2010, 21:03
If you do how do you like it??? I ordered one last night.

teeuu
09-20-2010, 21:31
I think it's one of the best holsters I've ever had. It holds the pistol high & tight, it has good retention, and it's very comfortable.

When you get it, you'll notice it seems to drag a bit, or even seem too tight. Just spray the inside of the holster with plain (no additives like teflon,etc) silicone spray. You want to wet the entire inside of the holster. Then, using a paper towel or rag, remove all of the liquid. The inside of the holster should be bone dry when you're finished. You will be shocked at the difference now when you insert your Glock.

Sonnytoo
09-20-2010, 21:32
I like mine just fine; use it a lot. But I needed IWB, so I used a scissors to trim it up a bit, and then had my shoe-repair guy sew on a snap and loop. I use this one a lot. I mean, it really does a good job.
And sorry I didn't really comment on the holster in question. I can't use OWB very easily here, since I'm always in shorts and a t-shirt.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg106/Sonnytoo/G26andmodifiedholster1.jpg

COM165
09-20-2010, 21:50
I like mine just fine; use it a lot. But I needed IWB, so I used a scissors to trim it up a bit, and then had my shoe-repair guy sew on a snap and loop. I use this one a lot. I mean, it really does a good job.
And sorry I didn't really comment on the holster in question. I can't use OWB very easily here, since I'm always in shorts and a t-shirt.

Wow. That is awesome. Does that strap rotate at all? Is the holster stable?

To the OP. The Glock sport/combat holster is a sleeper. I thought that they were garbage for years because of how little they cost. Boy, was I wrong. Worth every penny of the $15 I spent on it. As mentioned, good ride height, pulls close to the body and good retention.

Folsom_Prison
09-20-2010, 21:52
I think it's one of the best holsters I've ever had. It holds the pistol high & tight, it has good retention, and it's very comfortable.

When you get it, you'll notice it seems to drag a bit, or even seem too tight. Just spray the inside of the holster with plain (no additives like teflon,etc) silicone spray. You want to wet the entire inside of the holster. Then, using a paper towel or rag, remove all of the liquid. The inside of the holster should be bone dry when you're finished. You will be shocked at the difference now when you insert your Glock.

Sweet!!!! I paid 12.97 plus shipping from ctd and it's the cheapest owb holster I've found, can't wait to get it!!

Folsom_Prison
09-20-2010, 21:55
To the OP. The Glock sport/combat holster is a sleeper. I thought that they were garbage for years because of how little they cost. Boy, was I wrong. Worth every penny of the $15 I spent on it. As mentioned, good ride height, pulls close to the body and good retention.

Glad to hear the great reports!!!!

Snarlingiron
09-20-2010, 23:35
I have 4 of them. Three for the 19 and 26 trimmed to fit different belts and one to fit the G29.

It is just about all I use. Great holster. I have a DeSantis Nemesis that I use for pocket carry with the 26.

cowboy1964
09-20-2010, 23:37
It's probably the tightest OWB holster you can get. I have yet to actually use it outside the house but it makes a great backup. I also like that it's ambi so if the need ever arose to carry two Glocks I could use that on my weak side.

I wish it covered all of the muzzle though.

JimBianchi
09-20-2010, 23:43
Easily the best OWB holster I own.

Folsom_Prison
09-21-2010, 01:26
Easily the best OWB holster I own.

Awesome!!!!

Butch
09-21-2010, 01:50
I wish it covered all of the muzzle though.
Although I've said that too, I've been using the sport/combat holsters for over twenty years. They are quite functional and well worth the cost.

Here's my first one, it got used a lot, and still could be used:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/firstgenG17-holster.jpg

Retention is internal:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/Glockholsterretainer.jpg

Bill D
09-21-2010, 19:16
Butch,
Just like my first one for an 1 1/4" belt, over 20 years old. I've spent thousands on holsters, but not one can beat the Sport model for a Glock.
I also have the new model which I use on wider belts.
For inside wear, check www.andrewsleather.com for the McDaniel ll-my favorite of all for concealment.

rangerabn
09-21-2010, 19:42
Wipe a little Armorall in it, then wipe it off. The stiction will be great, keeping the gun secure but drawing cleanly with a "Snick!"

Folsom_Prison
09-21-2010, 22:18
Wipe a little Armorall in it, then wipe it off. The stiction will be great, keeping the gun secure but drawing cleanly with a "Snick!"

Thanks for the advice!

VictimNoMore
09-22-2010, 11:03
It is THE choice for carrying my G36 on my (twice) daily walks. Mine does about 5-6 miles per day, 6 days a week, on my hip. Unlike leather holsters...you can get sweat and everything else on it, and it just cleans right up.

Holds it tight and up high. Worth every penny and then some.

Boeydafunk
09-22-2010, 13:27
I never bought one until just recently...wish I would have got one when I bought my first glock, their great
DaFUnk

cowboywannabe
09-22-2010, 13:56
im going to have to try these out for my G26 and G20 & G29. i havent read any bad reviews on them yet....

DustyDawg48
09-22-2010, 14:07
LOVE the Sport/Combat holster. I do have shooters that come up and ask me about it and they about soil themselves when they find out how much they cost. I've used mine for over a year primarily as my IDPA gun so it gets holstered/unholstered a lot during a match and it has worked flawlessly. A nice little secret about the S/C holster is the larger size (for the 20/21) will still hold and carry the standard sized Glock models (17,19,22,23, etc) with great retention and the draws are dead on fast, too. I shoot 2 guns sometime in IDPA and it's nice to be able to switch guns and not have to swap holsters out, too. They are worth twice what I've paid for them; I think only one individual here has had any negative experience with them so that says a lot.

greenamphibious
09-22-2010, 16:22
bought one sold one.... it is what it is a "carrier"

Glock1911
09-22-2010, 16:29
I've got all kinds of leather holsters. The Glock sport combat holster works better than most of those leather holsters.

hi-power man
09-22-2010, 17:50
I have one I use with my G36. Fits tight and close.

dougrohlman
09-22-2010, 18:14
Just got it and I am very pleased. Holds the 26 securely, and is comfortable on the belt.

pens-66
09-22-2010, 18:22
One of my favorites :supergrin:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/pens-66/DSC02471.jpg
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/pens-66/DSC02469.jpg

cmcinc
09-22-2010, 20:02
I love mine. I dont CC with it, but still very good.

cowboywannabe
09-23-2010, 12:36
well i just order two.

one for my G20/29 and the other for G26/19/17/..........

also got a single mag holder to go with each. glockworld will be shipping it out probably monday. will see how they work out in a week or so.

Glockster17
09-24-2010, 15:00
I am a HUGE fan of them. I carry my 26 in it all the time as a CCW rig. Also my 17 has been tucked away in it once and a while during the winter. Can't go wrong. Use a proper belt and you are good to go. --Rob

cowboywannabe
09-29-2010, 17:18
got my two holsters and mag holders. so far its the best money i ever spent on a holster for my Glocks! but they do make a different click sound. the one for the mid frame G26/17.....makes a louder click than the one for the large frames.....but they both holdem' well.

Dogbite
10-02-2010, 18:20
I like them. I used one for years to cc a Glock 29.

Hrsuhd
10-02-2010, 18:33
Use mine to carry my 35 the only problem I had was the mag release would get pushed so I cut out a little corner and have had no problems since.

MonsterB
10-02-2010, 21:06

You have a shoe repair guy??? What century do you live in???

Lol that is one awesome holster, I am very impressed, If I still carried a Glock I would have to have you make me one....That is just sweet.

To the Op, the sport combat holster is one of the most comfortable and functional holsters made, the fact it costs 12 bucks doesnt count...the gun sits in the perfect spot, its totally secure, its lightweight, and super comfortable. Its the best deal in holsters you can get.....

Luis50
10-07-2010, 05:31
I've been trying to get one for my G30SF and have managed to order the wrong one...twice! It fits my G19 but not the G30SF.

Anyone have the correct model number for the G30SF SC Holster?

Nakanokalronin
10-07-2010, 06:46
It works very well at keeping the gun close to the body. The Glock Sport magazine holders are even better. Even if you don't like the holster the mag holders sit high and tight to the body better than any belt loop type. Subcompact mags fit flush in them as well. I have one for my G26 and the larger type for my G30SF.

Big Time
10-23-2010, 04:56
Just picked one up myself,great little holster for the budget minded people like me.

kahrcarrier
10-23-2010, 10:09
I picked up a used one, but it is a different design than what is showing up in your guys photos.

Did they offer more than one model? Mine has a thumb snap. It is marked "Holster 34." And no, I never use it..........

SCC
10-23-2010, 19:45
I picked up a used one, but it is a different design than what is showing up in your guys photos.

Did they offer more than one model? Mine has a thumb snap. It is marked "Holster 34." And no, I never use it..........
LOOK LIKE THIS ?
http://i51.tinypic.com/2mdmdrl.jpg

:whistling:

kahrcarrier
10-23-2010, 20:09
LOOK LIKE THIS ?
http://i51.tinypic.com/2mdmdrl.jpg

:whistling:

That would be it...........:cool:

solocanoe
10-23-2010, 20:13
love it. being a lefty as I am...it's a bonus that it's ambi.
This is my range holster every time. CCW sometimes.
Easily the best value out there...they should come with all Glocks. :)

DustyDawg48
10-23-2010, 21:11
Easily the best value out there...they should come with all Glocks. :)

I couldn't have said it better!

kahrcarrier, unfortunately the one you have isn't the Sport & Combat holster. The one you have hasn't had too many favorable reviews but almost to a person, with very few exception, everyone that has bought the Sport and Combat holster loves them. I have mine on right now with my G21. So well worth the meager amount they ask for it!

Damn_Yankee
10-24-2010, 05:58
I got mine used for $5 bucks. Best $5 bucks I EVER spent. It has changed my mind about OWB carry. Now I just need to get mt Wilderness belt and my rig will be complete.

tuica
10-24-2010, 12:27
Great holster; if Glock would extend the slide coverage, they would sell tons more than they do already. How tough would it be to make one more larger size? Cheers

Airsprint
10-25-2010, 10:02
I got one and use it quite often the only thing I dont like about it is how far the barrel and slide stick out the bottom even on my sub compact 19C, however a glock 26 fits very nice in it.

stengun
10-25-2010, 22:10

Howdy,

It's made by Glock, what more do I need to say

Paul

BRoberts243
10-26-2010, 15:47
just ordered mine right now.
i was going to get a don hume 721ot bc i was kinda wanting a leather owb, bc right now all i have is the supertuck (which is amazing) but with the 4-6 week wait everywhere ive checked i figured id save the $20 difference and just get the s/c holster.
i was looking at the don hume bc i thought that maybe it rode a little closer and was more concealable but after seeing pics on here it doesnt seem to be much of a difference. cant wait to get it

f150man
10-28-2010, 18:20
One of my favorites :supergrin:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff263/pens-66/DSC02469.jpg

It's the only holster I use for my Glocks.:wavey:

F150man

mikegun
10-28-2010, 19:04
i cut the belt ends off mine and use it for a pocket holster....

BRoberts243
10-30-2010, 08:02
i just got mine yesterday, its pretty nice, my only question is, was everyone elses super tight when they got it, i read about whiping it with an armorall whipe or something which i will try but its so tight it actually pushes the slide back somewhat when i holster it, and its almost impossibel to unholster quickly with one hand. i know leather holsters have a break in period but i assumed that however a plastic holster holster starts is how it will stay.

thank you

teeuu
10-30-2010, 11:00
i just got mine yesterday, its pretty nice, my only question is, was everyone elses super tight when they got it, i read about whiping it with an armorall whipe or something which i will try but its so tight it actually pushes the slide back somewhat when i holster it, and its almost impossibel to unholster quickly with one hand. i know leather holsters have a break in period but i assumed that however a plastic holster holster starts is how it will stay.

thank you

Read my reply (I think it's the first) at the top of the thread.

BRoberts243
10-31-2010, 12:38
Read my reply (I think it's the first) at the top of the thread.

ok where did you get the silicone spray? i assume walmart will have it, would it be with like wd40, etc?

teeuu
10-31-2010, 16:26
ok where did you get the silicone spray? i assume walmart will have it, would it be with like wd40, etc?

It should be near the WD40, but just labeled as Silicone Spray. The can I have is Tempo brand. Other products like Armorall or WD40 may work also, I don't know. All I've ever used in holsters (both leather & plastic) is pure silicone spray.

BRoberts243
10-31-2010, 18:27
It should be near the WD40, but just labeled as Silicone Spray. The can I have is Tempo brand. Other products like Armorall or WD40 may work also, I don't know. All I've ever used in holsters (both leather & plastic) is pure silicone spray.

yea i found some, its like atko or something like that, but it did the trick, works perfectly, and it didnt compromise the retention either (i thought i read somewhere that someone said once they used the silicone spray it didnt really hold it in as well)

but i just sprayed it a little bit ago and whiped it out and its perfect now. comes out easily with one hand. i wore the holster all day today anyway and its so comfortable and lightweight, im really like this $15 investment, lol

thanks for the tip

22dHead12dChest
10-31-2010, 18:54
Is it common practice to modify/trim the plastic off the stock holster in any way?

If so, please post a few photos of your customized GSCH.

THANKS.

KRLY
11-11-2010, 15:45
Just wondering if there's any "snag" issue with the Glock Sport-Combat holster and XS 24/7 Big Dot sights ?
Thanks
krly

tuica
11-12-2010, 12:43
I use my S/C holsters more than the expensive leather kind. Just wish that Glock would make it long enough to cover full sized slides with deliniated lines where you could cut for smaller models. They would also sell more of these as folks would have several cut to different lengths. A simple idea; methinks.

NateM
12-03-2010, 15:17
Bumping a slightly old thread. But figured you guys might like to see my "modified" Glock S/C holster.

Yes thats right... I modified the ever popular Glock sport combat OWB holster, to work for me in a IWB fashion for my Glock 26. Total, not counting a little time, I have about $22 into this holster, and its simply pretty amazing. There is a company local to me that makes custom leather and nylon police gear. I walked in actually looking for him to add a leather belt strap to the holster. That way I could keep it secured to my belt. What I walked out with was, the use of a metal mobile radio holder clip installed. How it works is one part of the metal clip is slid inside the holster, and locates into a oval hole we punched in the plastic of the holster. It is VERY secure, and definitely not going anywhere. What I then did was cover the metal (and basically that whole side of the holster) with commercial grade, super sticky velcro. to prevent the gun from sliding in and out on the metal. I wish I would have taken some pictures of what the metal clip looks like out cause its not coming out now without ripping out the velcro.

Heres some pictures. I also modified the holster to compensate for my extended mag release, and extended slide release. I show a unmodified holster in one pic so you can see where I cut it up a bit. Smoothed it all out with a Dremel tool and sand paper.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/mailletnj/11230922.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/mailletnj/11230923.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/mailletnj/11230924.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/mailletnj/11230925.jpg

I couldnt get a good picture (crappy cell phone camera, and poor lighting) of how the inside looks, but it just has velco on one side. It makes for a slightly snugger fit, which I like. I sprayed down the holster inside and out after (not the velcro) with silicon spray. The holster hold firm, but releases smoothly. With the clip at the right cant, and how it attaches, it allows for very deep concealment. Let me know what you think! I'll try and get some more pics wearing the holster soon. I need someone to take the pictures. But its comfy at about 4 o'clock, or slides in easy for appendix carry also.

NateM
12-05-2010, 07:37
I have two S/C holsters. One I keep OWB for the range, and the other I modified to work for me in an IWB fashion for my Glock 26. Total, not counting a little time, I have about $22 into this holster. There is a company local to me that makes custom leather and nylon police gear. I walked in actually looking for him to add a leather belt strap to the holster. That way I could keep it secured to my belt. What I walked out with was: the use of a metal mobile radio holder clip installed. How it works is one part of the metal clip is slid inside the holster, and locates into a oval hole we punched in the plastic of the holster. It is VERY secure, and definitely not going anywhere. What I then did was cover that metal (and basically that whole side of the holster) with commercial grade, super sticky soft loop velcro. This prevents the gun from sliding in and out on the metal clip. I wish I would have taken some pictures of what the clip looked like out of the holster. Because its not coming out now without ripping out the velcro.

Heres some pictures. I also modified the holster to compensate for my extended mag release, and extended slide release. I show a unmodified holster in one pic so you can see where I cut it up a bit. Smoothed it all out with a Dremel tool and sand paper.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/mailletnj/11230922.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/mailletnj/11230923.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/mailletnj/11230924.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/mailletnj/11230925.jpg

I couldnt get a good picture (crappy cell phone camera, and poor lighting) of how the inside looks, but it just has velco on one side. It makes for a slightly snugger fit, which I like. I sprayed down the holster inside and out after (not the velcro) with silicon spray. The holster hold firm, but releases smoothly. With the clip at the right cant, and how it attaches, it allows for very deep concealment. Let me know what you think! I'll try and get some more pics wearing the holster soon. I need someone to take the pictures. But its comfy at about 4 o'clock, or slides in easy for appendix carry also.

BailRecoveryAgent
12-05-2010, 10:08
The gun store I go to sells them for $24.99.:wow: They like to mark things up ridiculously high, except on their guns, they're competitive in pricing there, but holsters, gun cases, lock boxes, ammo etc. are all priced super high. Most of the time their accessories are about twice as much as you can order them online for. I keep wanting to try one, I may put my bladetech that I never use in the classifieds to trade for the Glock SCH.

NateM
12-05-2010, 10:13
$24?? Screw that. Spend some money on some goodies for you Glock over at Loneowolf, and get the holster there for $15. If you're picking up a few things anyway the shipping is split up. Even if all you bought was the holster I think it would be ~$22 shipped from Lonewolf

Made Man
01-08-2011, 12:53
I just sprayed down, then wiped out my GSCH and this thing is fast now! Still has more than adequate retention. Time to give the HT721OT a break, I've found my new favorite holster.

Thanks for the tip teeuu.

prcharlie
01-08-2011, 19:44
Just picked one up on ebay for $6 shipped. I am considering mounting it in my truck.

redbaron007
01-08-2011, 20:41
Just picked one up on ebay for $6 shipped. I am considering mounting it in my truck.

I have picked up both of mine on eBay. The last one cost $13, including shipping. Getting ready to get find another one on eBay.

:wavey:

red

Braden
01-09-2011, 13:50

I find it to be quite useless.

But now that I've read more of this thread maybe I should pull mine out of the drawer and give it another chance.

teeuu
01-09-2011, 15:33
I just sprayed down, then wiped out my GSCH and this thing is fast now! Still has more than adequate retention. Time to give the HT721OT a break, I've found my new favorite holster.

Thanks for the tip teeuu.

:thumbsup:

harlan
01-11-2011, 18:19
Have 4 of them. 2 modified for iwb. It's my EDC holster.