45 GAP vs 45 ACP? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 45 GAP vs 45 ACP?

dbarry
01-14-2011, 16:35
What do you think is a better round???

Thought I'd bring some GAP haters out of the weeds...

OK... I'm kidding!

Drink beer and wait for pizza to come these things happen... :O)

Goodspeed(TPF)
01-14-2011, 17:26
I was wondering if the 9mm is a better stopper than the .45ACP. And could you also tell me about stopping power? One last quick question: What's the best caliber for my bug out bag?

P.S. How many cases of ammo are good to keep stocked up and is my high point as good as the BCM middy I keep reading about?

dragbike
01-14-2011, 19:43
I was wondering if the 9mm is a better stopper than the .45ACP. And could you also tell me about stopping power? One last quick question: What's the best caliber for my bug out bag?

P.S. How many cases of ammo are good to keep stocked up and is my high point as good as the BCM middy I keep reading about?

:rofl: classic

tuica
01-15-2011, 13:46
The only dislike I have regarding the 45GAP (I own two) is the difficulty in loading that stubby, fat cartridge in the magazine. You have more length, and leverage w/ the ACP. Cheers

fasteddie565
01-31-2011, 17:40
The only dislike I have regarding the 45GAP (I own two) is the difficulty in loading that stubby, fat cartridge in the magazine. You have more length, and leverage w/ the ACP. Cheers

Good point, I was shooting in gloves last week and the GAP evolutions were not pretty when it came to loading mags.

burgherdude
01-31-2011, 20:37

The uplula mag loader is the bee's knee's. makes loading the mag easy breezy. :cool:

Deye76
03-23-2011, 19:10
"You have more length, and leverage w/ the ACP."

Not much that it's noticable to me. I'd rather carry the GAP (liighter package) than a 1911