Delton/Spikes Tactical combo question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Delton/Spikes Tactical combo question

BobRicks
01-14-2011, 20:59
Hey guys. I got an email from a buddy with a link to a place that is selling a kit that has a del-ton upper, and spikes tactical lower, and parts kit. This is a complete rifle kit with a spikes tactical lower. I am assuming the lpk is del-ton, but not for sure.

Anyway, the price for the entire kit is $499 plus $8 shipping per kit. My friend has ordered and received one and said it went together without any problems.

Is the quality of del-ton and spikes stuff good? I would think that it certainly would be worth $499 plus $8 shipping. I would like to get back into AR's without spending a whole lot, and this just sounded like a pretty good deal to me. Any comments?

NeverMore1701
01-14-2011, 21:14
I'd say it's worth $507 + transfer fee, as long as you know that it's a fairly low-grade plinking rifle, not anything particularly HSLD.

Randolph da man
01-15-2011, 05:31
using a spikes lower isnt going to bring the quality of the delton up any :D
for that price, use it for plinking and scareing the MIL @ Thanksgiving, its perfect.

WhiskeyUnicorn
01-15-2011, 06:57
Del-Ton isn't the best, but there is nothing wrong with them. We've sold tons of Del-Ton MOE rifles with no problems coming back from our customers. I wouldn't hesitate

jrs93accord
01-15-2011, 08:34
For that kind of price for a Del-Ton kit and Spikes lower, I would jump on it. That would net a good quality, low budget build.

WhiskeyUnicorn
01-15-2011, 09:07
^ what he said. Plus if you don't like one thing or the other down the road for that price you can change it out without worrying too much about the total cost. Hell I just built a quality rifle and am already changing it around. It's an addiction...be prepaprd