Gen4 subs available with night sights? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 subs available with night sights?

2740dmx
01-15-2011, 08:29
Like the title says: Are Gen4 subcompact (or any models) available with factory night sights?

I am familiar with all the many aftermarket options, but am curious if I can order from the factory with nights installed?

Thanks!

Glock4President
01-15-2011, 08:32
I heard somewhere that only police can order a gun with glock night sites on it. It sucks, but maybe if you can find a store that sells to police, you can get an overflow, blue label guns with the night site.

the iceman
01-15-2011, 09:18
I have purchased numerous Glocks in the past, all with night sites. I have never heard of it being a police only option.

Even if you purchase one without the sites, send your slide into Glock and they will install night sites for you for a small price.

2740dmx
01-15-2011, 10:45
I have purchased numerous Glocks in the past, all with night sites. I have never heard of it being a police only option.

Even if you purchase one without the sites, send your slide into Glock and they will install night sites for you for a small price.

Thanks for your reply.
I know that, in the past, glocks were available with factory nights, BUT...

I have not heard or seen any Gen4 glocks with night sights, so am asking about Gen4s.

I have local guys who have sight pushers, so I would not need to send it out to Glock for sight installation.

Thanks again for your reply!

Glock4President
01-15-2011, 11:02
I bought my g19 gen 3 about three months ago. It came with glock night sites, but glock has stopped putting them on from the factory unless it is a police purchase. They just started doing this in the last couple months. So for the guy who bought his guns with them, he will not be able to get them from the factory now.

KRAMES
01-15-2011, 12:56
Ya this was an option when I got mine from gander mountain.

skyboss_4evr
01-15-2011, 12:57
I heard somewhere that only police can order a gun with glock night sites on it. It sucks, but maybe if you can find a store that sells to police, you can get an overflow, blue label guns with the night site.

Hmmm, I've not heard that and find it hard to believe. I think you may have been misinformed.

bandit390
01-15-2011, 15:26
Tons of them out there. G17 Gen4 with GNS.

http://www.topglock.com/item/186004__Glock_Hand_Guns_Pistols_Glock_PG1750703_Model_G4_.aspx?SR=1

BamaTrooper
01-15-2011, 15:31

That's just something we say to discourage people from asking for night sights.
Also, the blue label comes with 3 mags (except for the subcompacts).

Glock4President
01-15-2011, 15:36
I thought all gen 4's come with three mags as well. There was a thread about a moth or two ago that said glock is no longer going to offer glock night sites for civilian purchase. There may be guns out there before this went into effect, but I'm pretty sure it is true.

GoingQuiet
01-15-2011, 15:37
Like the title says: Are Gen4 subcompact (or any models) available with factory night sights?

I am familiar with all the many aftermarket options, but am curious if I can order from the factory with nights installed?

Thanks!

Commercially - I CANNOT order a gun with night sights from the factory.

LE and GSSF can - Commercial cannot.

BamaTrooper
01-15-2011, 15:38
I thought all gen 4's come with three mags as well. There was a thread about a moth or two ago that said glock is no longer going to offer glock night sites for civilian purchase. There may be guns out there before this went into effect, but I'm pretty sure it is true.

I can understand the additional mag, but why would they not make night sights an option?

Glock4President
01-15-2011, 17:04
I don't know why. I think it is because they don't make much money doing it. And because they weren't using their tritium glow sticks anyway. I think the sites were being made by either meprolight or by trijicon and they just put the glock emblem on them. Maybe, I'm not sure.

mainegunner
01-15-2011, 17:11
I work for a gunshop and glock is no longer offering night sights. One of our distributers we get LE glocks from will install night sights if the customer wants them. There might be a few still kicking around with nights but when there gone there gone.

Dobie
01-15-2011, 17:31
Glock no longer offers night sights unless its LEO sales. Picked up a 19 today and had Ameriglos installed on the spot. The Glock night sights were the best deal out there installed from the factory when it still was available.
Dont understand the logic there :upeyes:

bentbiker
01-15-2011, 17:42
Commercially - I CANNOT order a gun with night sights from the factory.

LE and GSSF can - Commercial cannot.
Can you order the sights separately? I assumed that if they still had the sights for LE orders, they would make them available to dealers for install. I was thinking that they just didn't want to carry twice the inventory -- half with and half without sights. And the same for the dealers.

Glock4President
01-15-2011, 18:01
Hmmm, I've not heard that and find it hard to believe. I think you may have been misinformed.

I told you. I usually only make comments on topics when I'm certain of the answers. Otherwise I will say I don't know for sure.

skyboss_4evr
01-15-2011, 19:34
I told you. I usually only make comments on topics when I'm certain of the answers. Otherwise I will say I don't know for sure.

Ok, fair enough... sheesh. No need to get defensive. :tongueout:

Glock4President
01-15-2011, 19:50
Ok, fair enough... sheesh. No need to get defensive. :tongueout:

I was only messing around with you. I forgot to add the lol. No disrespect meant by it.

skyboss_4evr
01-15-2011, 20:42
I was only messing around with you. I forgot to add the lol. No disrespect meant by it.

LOL no worries :thumbsup:

cadetcode3
01-15-2011, 23:38
I bought all three G4 glock and all come with night sights ( 1 glock night sights and 2 Trijicon). I bought from a police dealer though

triaxle
01-16-2011, 06:04
I wont buy a Glock with out the fact sites they look better come back farther on the slide . But thats just me. Smith MP ship with them

varoadking
01-16-2011, 09:24

Like this?

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16496891#post16496891

:tongueout:

dayento2
01-17-2011, 21:42
I purchased my Gen 4 G19 in September 2010 with Glock Night Sights. It was an LEO (blue label) model that I purchased from my local dealer who also participates in GSSF

GoingQuiet
01-18-2011, 06:06
Can you order the sights separately? I assumed that if they still had the sights for LE orders, they would make them available to dealers for install. I was thinking that they just didn't want to carry twice the inventory -- half with and half without sights. And the same for the dealers.

I can order Glock Night sights separately FROM GLOCK - with a faxed order since they do not take orders over the phone and I have to mail in a payment.

To tell you the truth - the Glock Night Sights are cheaper and work well but with all the added work that goes into getting them, I'd much rather order Meprolights or Trijicons off the shelf at any of my commercial vendors and it ships the same day.