9x25 Dillon Expander die [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 9x25 Dillon Expander die

JTknives
01-15-2011, 19:51
Well i just got my 9x25 Dillon dies and quickly started to play with them. I then realized that i don't have a 9mm expander for the neck. So today i went to the shop and made one but here is the catch :upeyes:. I made an expander that replaces the decapping pin in the 10mm Lyman sizer die. what this does is holds the case perfectly centered while the expander expands the neck. the expander is made to fit the die tightly so its perfectly centered with the carbide ring. also the expander is made so that it does not start expanding the case till the sizer die has engaged the case. here are some pictures of the set up. It makes perfect brass. Also the expander is polished hardened steel at around 65hrc which is about as hard as a file. in fact a file wont file this its so hard lol. Its made from D2 and turned it on a CNC lathe. Then wrapped in stainless steel foil and heat treated in a digital heat treat oven. I might be making some more to pass along. I'm also going to be making a go gauge for this cal so i can use that to set my dies with.