Fitting a trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a trigger

Hound_dogs_01
01-16-2011, 08:22
Ok guys I'm going to try out a Quack special a flat trigger soon. I hate the way they look but I'm all about somthing being ugly as hell but functions great.

I keep reading about the bow of the trigger being longer on some triggers than other and some being shorter than others.

Now If I buy a new trigger and the bow is to long how do I fix it to make it work? If it's to short how do I fix that.

Alex

Quack
01-16-2011, 08:49
the Wilson won't require any additional work, but if you need to do the additional work to get the correct pre-travel, you can work the sear feet and the disconnector.

the sear feet feet minimum is .075" and the disconnector should have a minimum of .030"

if the bow is to short, you can either silver solder a shim on the back of the bow, or cut pre-travel tabs into the trigger bow near the trigger shoe (like Wilson and Intinity triggers have).

too much pre-travel isn't an issue as much as too little

Quack
01-16-2011, 09:53
here's a thread on pre-travel

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=264739

Hound_dogs_01
01-17-2011, 00:16
Thanks Quack! Those two replys answer everything!

Alex

Jim S.
01-17-2011, 15:17
I must be lucky because I've never had an after-market trigger that was too long or too short. I've had to fit the trigger to the frame (height of the shoe) but all of them have been perfect in the length.