Tac-sol 22 uppers for glock? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tac-sol 22 uppers for glock?

Justin1911
01-16-2011, 11:00
So anyone know the deal on these? I've only being hearing about them for about 8 months, and that "coming soon" pic has only been on their website for about 4 months. My dealer stocks their stuff, and he doesn't know when it's coming, after SHOT may be? I'm really wanting one with the threaded barrel.

faawrenchbndr
01-16-2011, 11:58
Last word I heard about a release date was "pending"

Gcompact30
01-16-2011, 13:04
Advantage Arms sells conversion kits for glocks in 22lr

TonyT
01-17-2011, 16:53
The TacSol convesion unit is all steel. I have their conversion unit for the 1911 and believe it's worthwhile waiting for the Glock version.

burgherdude
01-17-2011, 16:56
I found out after calling Tac Sol that they've been taking phone orders for these for months now. I placed my order 3 weeks ago and was told the ETA for my conversion was September of this year! They have started to ship them so I'd call and get on the list soon.

Gcompact30
01-17-2011, 17:20
Whats so special about this conversion over the AA?

Jason D
01-17-2011, 17:48
10% more awesome mayhaps

burgherdude
01-17-2011, 18:03
Whats so special about this conversion over the AA?

From my understanding the slide is steel not aluminum to more closely mimic the weight of a normal slide as well as having the slide remain open after the last shot. There are more differences I'm sure.

Justin1911
01-17-2011, 18:31
Also I understand they have a threaded version, you'd have to send the AA off somewhere for that. And the tac-sol mags are 15 rds I believe instead of the standard 10's like most 22 conv. I have a tac-sol 22 upper I built a dedicated 22 lr AR with, and it's very nice. Most of their stuff is top notch, so I'm expecting the glock upper to be the same.

Nothing against AA, I had one of their kits and sold it to fund another project - it was a good kit and worked well. But I want the threaded bbl, extra cap mags, and fit/finish I believe this will provide. If I can ever get one.

Flipz
01-18-2011, 12:51
From my understanding the slide is steel not aluminum to more closely mimic the weight of a normal slide as well as having the slide remain open after the last shot. There are more differences I'm sure.

The AA kits lock open after the last round and always have. There is no difference other then the slide being steel on the TacSol kits.

Also I understand they have a threaded version, you'd have to send the AA off somewhere for that. And the tac-sol mags are 15 rds I believe instead of the standard 10's like most 22 conv. I have a tac-sol 22 upper I built a dedicated 22 lr AR with, and it's very nice. Most of their stuff is top notch, so I'm expecting the glock upper to be the same.

Nothing against AA, I had one of their kits and sold it to fund another project - it was a good kit and worked well. But I want the threaded bbl, extra cap mags, and fit/finish I believe this will provide. If I can ever get one.

AA sells threaded barrels on their website and has for the last 4 months or so.
http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AASOS&Product_Code=ThreadedBarrelAndAdapter&Category_Code=GKParts
Also, the AA mags can be modified to accept 13 rounds. I did the modification to mine for just about no money at all, maybe $2 total for all 3 mags I have. The modified mags function 100%. AA's fit and finish is just as good as Glocks fit and finish. Also, TacSol initially said their kit would have 15 round mags but it looks like they will be 14 round mags.
http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/22-lr-conversions?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=52&category_id=13

I see no reason to get the TacSol kit if you can get an AA kit. The AA kit is cheaper and functions just like a Glock should. The only advantage the TacSol kit has is its weight. And to me, thats not worth an extra $150.

ViperR
01-18-2011, 16:58
Hey Flipz, Long time-no see. My 13 rounders are still working 100% and the AA kit is still eating up everything (even non-AA recomended ammo)!