XS Big Dot tritium paired w/factory glock rear sight? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : XS Big Dot tritium paired w/factory glock rear sight?

ennis
01-17-2011, 00:40
XS just started selling their Big Dot tritium front sight as a separate item. Do you think it would work with the factory original, Glock night sight, rear? This is on a G27, for targets within 10 yards. I am thinking about this change for faster front sight acquisition in all light conditions.

RayB
01-17-2011, 14:52
I've heard of this being done successfully with the stock Glock [ -shaped sight; but not with the 3-dot night sight. :eyebrow:

Perhaps, the Standard Dot would still get the job done for you... :dunno:

It would sure help if the OEMs posted all the measurements of their products on their websites. Still, I've noticed that when they do, they frequently blend SAE with metric measures... :sigh:

I'd recommend that you consider some of the AmeriGlo products too. Peruse their website carefully...

http://ameriglo.com/

...as they've got something for everyone! ;)

Check the threads on this forum for a 20% discount code... :cool:

Good luck! :wavey:

--Ray

hamburger
01-17-2011, 14:59
XS just started selling their Big Dot tritium front sight as a separate item. Do you think it would work with the factory original, Glock night sight, rear? This is on a G27, for targets within 10 yards. I am thinking about this change for faster front sight acquisition in all light conditions.

XS rear sights have tritium that's verical. You "dot it" with the front to line up the sights.

With the standard Glock rear sights, there are no vertical "i" to dot. Of course it will work, just not as intended.