Demonstration of how to remove the barrel from a SCAR rifle [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Demonstration of how to remove the barrel from a SCAR rifle

Sturmgewehre
01-17-2011, 10:57
I thought I would share this with the crew here. This is a video showing you how to remove and reinstall the barrel to a SCAR rifle. The process is the same for both the SCAR 16s (Light) and SCAR 17s (Heavy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2UiLUAbahY

faawrenchbndr
01-17-2011, 11:33
Cool info,.......but I'm still not a fan of the SCAR.

Sturmgewehre
01-17-2011, 11:47
What don't you like about the SCAR?

faawrenchbndr
01-17-2011, 11:53
Honestly, it's most likely NOT that I do not like it. I guess it would be better
stated that I know & have a lot of experience with the DI platform.
The SCAR reminds me of a "new fangled" Robinson XCR I had a while back.
While it shot ok, was reliable, it just seemed to be a half *** combo of an
AK47 & an AR15.

It just does not impress me all that much.

surf
01-17-2011, 12:00
.....I know & have a lot of experience with the DI platform.
Which is why you are posting the "Black Rifle Forum" and not the SCAR tech forum. :wavey: :supergrin:

I like the SCAR well enough and I know that technically the SCAR rifle in the video is black however. :)

Sturmgewehre
01-17-2011, 12:03
I have two SCAR 16s's, one FDE and the other black. I like the black... so much so that I picked up a SCAR 17s yesterday... well, put it on layaway. $2700 is a big nut to cover without the wife finding out.

Sturmgewehre
01-17-2011, 12:04
Honestly, it's most likely NOT that I do not like it. I guess it would be better
stated that I know & have a lot of experience with the DI platform.
The SCAR reminds me of a "new fangled" Robinson XCR I had a while back.
While it shot ok, was reliable, it just seemed to be a half *** combo of an
AK47 & an AR15.

It just does not impress me all that much.
Have you spent any time at the range with them? I'm a life long AR shooter. I was ho-hum about the SCAR but got a good deal on my first one. I shot it and fiddled with it and after the 2nd or 3rd range trip I realized I loved the rifle.

faawrenchbndr
01-17-2011, 13:55
Which is why you are posting the "Black Rifle Forum" and not the SCAR tech forum. :wavey: :supergrin:

I like the SCAR well enough and I know that technically the SCAR rifle in the video is black however. :)

Hey,....can you pay attention to the details?! :dunno:

I did NOT post this thread! :tongueout:

faawrenchbndr
01-17-2011, 13:57
Have you spent any time at the range with them? I'm a life long AR shooter. I was ho-hum about the SCAR but got a good deal on my first one. I shot it and fiddled with it and after the 2nd or 3rd range trip I realized I loved the rifle.

Certainly not that much trigger time. A Marine friend of mine has two 16s.
I guess I've fired about 400 rounds. It's got some nice features, but I'll stick with what I know.

crazymoose
01-17-2011, 14:24
I was not a fan until I fired one. Heck, I wasn't even really intrigued by the design. Once I felt how it handled in rapid fire, I was pretty impressed.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

surf
01-17-2011, 15:18
Hey,....can you pay attention to the details?! :dunno:

I did NOT post this thread! :tongueout:I had your back. I was letting the OP know in a polite way that this is the "Black Rifle Forum" and not the SCAR forum. While I found his video to be done well, maybe it should have gone in the general firearms forum. But it really wasn't that big of a deal. Thanks for the PM. At least I now know that you care.