Nose dive! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nose dive!

MOOTS
01-17-2011, 14:21
Hey Guys and Gals,

Brand new Glock 33 picked up recently...went to the range for a nice long break in session...

50 rounds of Speer Gold Dots went fine and dandy...

Then on to the Canned Heat...125gn FP

Every few rounds would nose dive into the feed ramp.

Is this just the nature of the beast when using flat points?

I have about 500 pieces of brass ready to reload and a large stock of Montana Gold 125gn Flat Points to load.

Am I in for a lot of malfunction clearing drills?

pbs357
01-17-2011, 19:11
Hey Moots, I had a G33 for a few years (wish I still did, by the way) and never had a failure to feed. The only advice I'd have if the HP ammo functioned ok would be to let the mags break in a little, i.e. leave them loaded between range trips. On my last visit to the range I loaded up the lonely 10rd mags that came with my G32 and the springs were crazy strong compared to my CCW mags which are always loaded. I had 2 malfunctions with FMJ similar to what you're talking about with new Speer Lawman ammo (yeah, yeah expensive i know). Both cleared immediately with a swift slap/tap to the bottom of the mag and I have to say the issue was with the strong mag springs since that was probably the first time they were compressed since I got the gun in 2003. Good luck!

czgunner
01-18-2011, 00:47
I haven't had any issues with the flat nose bullets I've loaded and shot through my HK P2K....in fact, that's my main go to bullet for loading the 357 SIG